Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan SoS 2022

5 posters

Go down

Michigan SoS 2022 Empty Michigan SoS 2022

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:41 pm

I haven't really paid any attention to the Michigan Secretary of State 2022 election, but today something hit my inbox that made my skin crawl.

Excerpt from NYT \"On Politics" Newsletter wrote:Kristina Karamo, a Trump-endorsed candidate who has repeated the lie that the 2020 elections were fraudulent, is running for secretary of state, the office that oversees elections.

So I went digging a little.

Trump-backed Michigan secretary of state candidate spread false election claims and January 6 conspiracy theories

A CNN review of Karamo's podcast and writings on her now defunct personal website, which have not been previously reported, offer a window into the worldview of the professor-turned-candidate seeking to be in charge of Michigan's elections. She declared herself an "anti-vaxxer" in 2020 even before the Covid-19 vaccine became a political flashpoint. She opposed teaching evolution and called public schools "government indoctrination camps." And she's harshly attacked those who don't share her views, from Democrats and Republicans alike to members of the LGBTQ community and even couples who cohabitate before marriage.

I honestly don't recall her rising to fame during the 2020 "steal", but the article says she did.

This is some scary stuff. Putting the SoS in the hands of a whack job like this along with a Republican-majority legislation would not be a good look for democracy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Michigan SoS 2022 Empty Re: Michigan SoS 2022

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:02 pm

if decent Americans with respect and love for the country and our Constitution don't flood the voting booth in 2022, democracy will be over.

Republicans are gonna turn out - that is for sure. 2022/2024 is their opportunity to incorporate their christiofascist agenda on America: racism, misogyny, voter suppression, violence, religious extremism, and with the aid the mainstream media is going to provide them, it will be a tough hill to climb for those of us who love traditional American values.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I haven't really paid any attention to the Michigan Secretary of State 2022 election, but today something hit my inbox that made my skin crawl.

Excerpt from NYT \"On Politics" Newsletter wrote:Kristina Karamo, a Trump-endorsed candidate who has repeated the lie that the 2020 elections were fraudulent, is running for secretary of state, the office that oversees elections.

Trump-backed Michigan secretary of state candidate spread false election claims and January 6 conspiracy theories

A CNN review of Karamo's podcast and writings on her now defunct personal website, which have not been previously reported, offer a window into the worldview of the professor-turned-candidate seeking to be in charge of Michigan's elections. She declared herself an "anti-vaxxer" in 2020 even before the Covid-19 vaccine became a political flashpoint. She opposed teaching evolution and called public schools "government indoctrination camps." And she's harshly attacked those who don't share her views, from Democrats and Republicans alike to members of the LGBTQ community and even couples who cohabitate before marriage.

I honestly don't recall her rising to fame during the 2020 "steal", but the article says she did.

This is some scary stuff. Putting the SoS in the hands of a whack job like this along with a Republican-majority legislation would not be a good look for democracy.

Today's republicans are doing their best to load the box with every batshit crazy candidate they can find in hopes of finally doing away once and for all with democracy.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:11 pm

I thought this thread was about the Wolverines' strength of schedule next year.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Jake from State Farm and Bredo Morstoel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I haven't really paid any attention to the Michigan Secretary of State 2022 election, but today something hit my inbox that made my skin crawl.

FWIW the new redistricting commission has proposed districts.  All of their proposals seem to provide a slight advantage to the Democratic side, not so much that a Blue State Legislature is a sure thing by any means, but pretty much guarantees it will be much closer to 50 / 50 than the current one.

I'm not thinking the SoS position is at that much risk, the AG position maybe.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down