Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

+24
Cameron
Rocinante
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
sεяεηιτλ
InTenSity
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
PennSpartan
Rick Saunders
aualum06
Trapper Gus
28 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? Empty 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:In parts of Indiana the polls just closed.

Which is utterly absurd.

Indiana is a weird place man. They’ve since changed it I guess, but just a few years ago alcohol sales were banned on Election Day. Guess what fuckos, if I want to go to the polls blasted out of my goddamn mind, that’s my right as an American.

The state is time split, east is eastern time zone, west is central time zone, polls close at 6PM
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 18:25

Which is utterly absurd.

Indiana is a weird place man. They’ve since changed it I guess, but just a few years ago alcohol sales were banned on Election Day. Guess what fuckos, if I want to go to the polls blasted out of my goddamn mind, that’s my right as an American.

I'm still pretty sure you can't buy alcohol on Sundays in places in Indiana
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:25

Rick Saunders wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
It’s a stupid rule but it’s not biased. All the voters have to sign and date the ballot.

Just a reminder to all the folks out there that in PA it isn't the date on the ballot itself that is the problem in most cases.  The rule says that the inner envelope (ballot is in two envelopes) has to be dated also.  It is the inner envelope that most people miss dating if they miss something.

And I agree with Travis, whoever voted and for whomever they voted the ballot should count.

Federal Courts agreed, except Supreme, but that was a technical issue of the case having no meaning before they ruled.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-11-08, 18:26

Which is utterly absurd.

We should find a way to have a voting federal holiday with the same absolute opening and closing time GMT. This way results in one state could not be called by the argutainment networks before polls close in another state. Californians (or Hawaiians) shouldn't know what Pennsylvanians did before they have had their chance to vote.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 18:39

Rocinante wrote:Why is that embarrassing exactly? I mean the rule is embarrassing. Masking voting harder is embarrassing. Why is allowing people to fix a ballot that was incorrectly filled out because of stupid rules embarrassing?
The instructions are quite clear. The ballot is the same as the last election except for different candidates. If you can’t follow the simple instructions of signing your name and dating it, I’m not sure if you are capable of voting in the first place. Think of it this way, if you won the lottery and had to sign your name and date it, do you think anyone would screw it up?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:39

Rick Saunders wrote:

Which is utterly absurd.

We should find a way to have a voting federal holiday with the same absolute opening and closing time GMT. This way results in one state could not be called by the argutainment networks before polls close in another state.  Californians (or Hawaiians) shouldn't know what Pennsylvanians did before they have had their chance to vote.  

Since the last two states close their polls at midnight Eastern time that time would be the earliest, but if the goal is to stop any possibility of gaming the vote everyone will need to hold their vote totals secret until everyone is done counting, which will be several days.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 18:44

Rick Saunders wrote:

Which is utterly absurd.

We should find a way to have a voting federal holiday with the same absolute opening and closing time GMT. This way results in one state could not be called by the argutainment networks before polls close in another state. Californians (or Hawaiians) shouldn't know what Pennsylvanians did before they have had their chance to vote.
I’d rather have voting over a longer period than one day. Make it a week. Even on holidays, some people have to work. And make it internet based. I do my banking, pay my bills, and sign legal documents online. And I’m an old fart. You would double the youth vote if they could do it on their phones.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 18:44

Trapper Gus wrote:

Which is utterly absurd.

The state is time split, east is eastern time zone, west is central time zone, polls close at 6PM

Yes, I know. 6 pm is absurdly early for polls to close. No need for that at all.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 18:50

I think turnout is going to be solid, it was a strong number in my township this afternoon
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 18:57

PennSpartan wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

I’d rather have voting over a longer period than one day. Make it a week. Even on holidays, some people have to work. And make it internet based. I do my banking, pay my bills, and sign legal documents online. And I’m an old fart. You would double the youth vote if they could do it on their phones.

Isn't voting longer than a week with early voting? (And absentee voting)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 19:08

All polls in IN, VA, SC, GA, most of FL & NH are now closed.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 19:31

NigelUno wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

We don’t have early voting in PA. Just mail in and Election Day. And mail in is always such a mess.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 19:37

PennSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

We don’t have early voting in PA. Just mail in and Election Day. And mail in is always such a mess.

Mail in should be easy
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 20:09

aualum06 wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Mail in should be easy
It really should. If people just followed instructions. And mailed it in time.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-11-08, 20:24

Florida is gone.  I hate humanity.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 20:28

InTenSity wrote:Florida is gone.  I hate humanity.

Most likely the house and Senate. Keep voting red America
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 20:41

That’ll happen when you nominate some ex Republican centrist instead of an actual democrat. Those squishy middle folks like to convince themselves they can peel off republicans. They can’t.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5ifbads4qnzbzq9gu5cuzwtt9agou7kpw3l85w7ki&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 20:57

[tw]1590160715100622850?t=BVW7Agngr8hSgN1x9m6_pw&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-08, 21:06

were unopened. I believe it was over dates and other mistakes. If all of them were for Trump it still wouldn’t have c

Unopen ballets in PA i thought were the ones that Trump sued over, i thought it was his sole court win or one of the few court wins he had. It was a case nobody thought he would lose. Something about the post mark date on mail in ballots i thought, which directly contradicted a rule in the state. Democrats were trying to get away with a rule break on that one.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-08, 21:08

aualum06 wrote:

If trump runs and dems actually get a real candidate to run for president, it could all come crashing back the right way

One of the things I think the democrats need to start taking a page out of the republican play book is to do exactly what it is you want, be it install fossil fuel standards, expand healthcare, expand voting rights, whatever, but stop throwing it in everyone's faces like it is an issue that should be promoted to keep you popular. Do those things, but vocally, in interviews, on tv, on the radio act like common sense good old centrists. That's what the republicans do and they keep their votes. No matter how many republicans call out the 2 faces, there will be a large segment of people in the middle that won't hear those cries or will hear it and tune it out. focus on being likable, pure and simple. The people that care about those issues care enough to follow the politics, but what you need to do is get people to just like you. Go hunting, milk some cows, whatever it takes. And then vote for the green new deal.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-08, 21:30

The people of Arkansas have to be the dumbest gd people
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 21:51

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

If trump runs and dems actually get a real candidate to run for president, it could all come crashing back the right way

One of the things I think the democrats need to start taking a page out of the republican play book is to do exactly what it is you want, be it install fossil fuel standards, expand healthcare, expand voting rights, whatever, but stop throwing it in everyone's faces like it is an issue that should be promoted to keep you popular. Do those things, but vocally, in interviews, on tv, on the radio act like common sense good old centrists. That's what the republicans do and they keep their votes. No matter how many republicans call out the 2 faces, there will be a large segment of people in the middle that won't hear those cries or will hear it and tune it out. focus on being likable, pure and simple. The people that care about those issues care enough to follow the politics, but what you need to do is get people to just like you. Go hunting, milk some cows, whatever it takes. And then vote for the green new deal.
Whaaat? You mean saying “Fuck the Police” out loud might not be the best strategy? I’m shocked!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 22:22

[tw]1590182101428862978?t=vrPFj08rnyi_5WMKnCGKhQ&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 22:22

PennSpartan wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

Whaaat? You mean saying “Fuck the Police” out loud might not be the best strategy? I’m shocked!

Because people are dumb
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-08, 22:25

PennSpartan wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

One of the things I think the democrats need to start taking a page out of the republican play book is to do exactly what it is you want, be it install fossil fuel standards, expand healthcare, expand voting rights, whatever, but stop throwing it in everyone's faces like it is an issue that should be promoted to keep you popular.  Do those things, but vocally, in interviews, on tv, on the radio act like common sense good old centrists.  That's what the republicans do and they keep their votes.  No matter how many republicans call out the 2 faces, there will be a large segment of people in the middle that won't hear those cries or will hear it and tune it out.  focus on being likable, pure and simple.  The people that care about those issues care enough to follow the politics, but what you need to do is get people to just like you.  Go hunting, milk some cows, whatever it takes.  And then vote for the green new deal.
Whaaat?  You mean saying “Fuck the Police” out loud might not be the best strategy?  I’m shocked!  

I mean that is an exaggerated example.  But sure, if you want to be an asshole, yeah. To bad it's a faulty example because you are talking about the voters not the politicians. Few to no politicians are saying that.

I mean literally every stereotypical liberal thing though.  And put the energy into just being likeable.  You simplify your playbook that way too not worrying about saying the right thing.  Just be likeable and still do what you're doing now.  Repubs constantly do this and then vote to destroy your rights and give money to billionaires so the strategy obviously works very well.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-08, 22:55

That’ll happen when you nominate some ex Republican centrist instead of an actual democrat. Those squishy middle folks like to convince themselves they can peel off republicans. They can’t.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5ifbads4qnzbzq9gu5cuzwtt9agou7kpw3l85w7ki&rid=200

The Florida Democratic party makes the National Dems look like political masterminds by comparison.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 22:59

Democrats are doing better so far than any party has in a midterm when they have the incumbent in office since 2002, and that had some circumstances to it.

Maybe the answer is to simply stop acting like losers all the time, especially when actually this is going reasonably well
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 23:05

sεяεηιτλ wrote:The people of Arkansas have to be the dumbest gd people

Georgia says hi.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-08, 23:12

so how is this all going
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 23:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:so how is this all going

Pretty fine otpt. The democrats will likely lose the house, but with a tiny majority they were always going to from the time that biden won. They have a chance to keep the senate, which would be wonderful.

Everything looks to be pretty swell in Michigan. But they’re counting very slowly
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-08, 23:22

I'm avoiding it. Can't follow this crap, just makes me sad that so many are so easily swindled
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-08, 23:41

Pretty fine otpt. The democrats will likely lose the house, but with a tiny majority they were always going to from the time that biden won. They have a chance to keep the senate, which would be wonderful.

Everything looks to be pretty swell in Michigan. But they’re counting very slowly

i saw the proposals in michigan all have yes leading. that's good.

the state of colorado decriminalizing and regulating shrooms is leading 51 to 49% cheers
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 23:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

i saw the proposals in michigan all have yes leading. that's good.

the state of colorado decriminalizing and regulating shrooms is leading 51 to 49% cheers

Didn’t even know that was on a ballot somewhere. That’s awesome
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-09, 00:02

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? 3bd8ddbf21d208cfd821
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-09, 00:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? 3bd8ddbf21d208cfd821

Race has not been called yet. concerning
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-09, 00:23

duffy munn wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? 3bd8ddbf21d208cfd821

Race has not been called yet. concerning

Fox News did
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-09, 00:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Democrats are doing better so far than any party has in a midterm when they have the incumbent in office since 2002, and that had some circumstances to it.

Maybe the answer is to simply stop acting like losers all the time, especially when actually this is going reasonably well

I’m not going to let this go. Also my tradition since 2018 of drinking whiskey and watching results is alive and well.

Stop acting like losers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-09, 01:06

All that hand wringing in this thread about fetterman. Alas
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-09, 01:17

If I understood this thread correctly, democrats were going to do poorly because of student debt relief and thinking cops shouldn’t murder people.

Democrats, by any measure, are doing way better than expected.

Clearly we need more student loan relief and less cop murders! Let’s goooooo!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Dendrobates, Trapper Gus, Nordic and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-09, 01:30

More outlets calling Gretchen the winner. Multiple outlets saying Fetterman won. Sorry if this was posted already. I couldn’t see what OTPT posted.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next