Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another mass shooting

+6
Bredo Morstoel
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
PennSpartan
10 posters

Go down

Another mass shooting Empty Another mass shooting

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-14, 17:03

The supermarket is in a predominately Black neighborhood, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo.
Witnesses reported the gunman was wearing military-style clothing in addition to the body armor, one of the officials said. They described him as a white male in his late teens or early twenties sporting full camo, a black helmet and what appeared to be a rifle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/multiple-people-shot-buffalo-york-193456461.html
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Another mass shooting Empty Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-05-14, 18:27

Congrats to the "pro-life" GOP.

Good luck with your fundraising... and thoughts and prayers to gun owners during this difficult time..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, DWags, Trapper Gus and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-15, 07:18

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/gunman-18-drove-more-than-3-hours-to-buffalo-to-commit-hate-crime-officials-say/article_f9ef9bac-d3d9-11ec-9eaf-cbcafe308f9c.html#tracking-source=most-popular-homepage

Gendron has been investigated by law enforcement before.

In June 2021, police in Broome County were called by officials of a local high school who told them Gendron had threatened violence in comments made to fellow students.

“A school official reported that this very troubled young man had made statements indicating that he wanted to do a shooting, either at a graduation ceremony, or sometime after,” the same government official familiar with the case told The News.

State Police were sent to investigate and Gendron, under a section of state mental health laws, was referred for a mental health evaluation and counseling, the official said.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-05-15, 07:44

Can you imagine if he were an unarmed person of color who took a knee in a food court in a mall. Now that’s a cause for concern.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-15, 09:58

Apparently he drove 200 miles to reach his targeted location.

The people pushing replacement theory, like the 5 Supreme Court Justice's, are responsible for putting these sick ideas into this dudes head.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 11:06

Mental illness, tribalism, and disregard for others is just off the charts in this country.

Scary.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-15, 11:15

Bredo Morstoel wrote:Mental illness, tribalism, and disregard for others is just off the charts in this country.

Scary.

All made worse by capitalism and government. Both are so incredibly corruptive. I have secured an old oil platform in international waters. Everybody is invited but flip flops, cargo pants, cargo shorts, jorts (not the famous cat), and jorgos are strictly prohibited.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-15, 11:25

kingstonlake wrote:Can you imagine if he were an unarmed person of color who took a knee in a food court in a mall. Now that’s a cause for concern.
How is it that George Floyd was killed by police for having a counterfeit bill but this guy is taken into custody unscathed after gunning down 10 people?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 11:26

Turtleneck wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:Mental illness, tribalism, and disregard for others is just off the charts in this country.

Scary.

All made worse by capitalism and government. Both are so incredibly corruptive. I have secured an old oil platform in international waters. Everybody is invited but flip flops, cargo pants, cargo shorts, jorts (not the famous cat), and jorgos are strictly prohibited.

I think "capitalism" is misidentified as wealth inequality. I believe there will be some form of class war in the US within the next 10 years (two Presidential elections). We need to figure out how to give the poor (and what's left of the middle class) a leg up without "taking" from the wealthy.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-15, 11:38

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think "capitalism" is misidentified as wealth inequality. I believe there will be some form of class war in the US within the next 10 years (two Presidential elections). We need to figure out how to give the poor (and what's left of the middle class) a leg up without "taking" from the wealthy.

We need to stop being emotional and do what's right for the economy - including pushing money and resources down the ladder.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 11:42

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

We need to stop being emotional and do what's right for the economy - including pushing money and resources down the ladder.

What does that even mean? That's just lip service.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-15, 11:58

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

A progressive tax structure works. Yes, the government is "taking" money. It has to. The more it takes from people who spend most or all of their income, the less the demand is for most goods and services. No matter how wealthy you are, you only need so many bottles of Coca-Cola and Netflix subscriptions. Generally speaking, it's better for the economy to "take" from the top.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-15, 12:07

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

A progressive tax structure works. Yes, the government is "taking" money. It has to. The more it takes from people who spend most or all of their income, the less the demand is for most goods and services. No matter how wealthy you are, you only need so many bottles of Coca-Cola and Netflix subscriptions. Generally speaking, it's better for the economy to "take" from the top.
We also need to start taxing guns and ammo big time. Nothing in 2A that prevents that. An 18 year old will have a tough time filling a large capacity gun magazine if each round is $100 and the gun is $10,000.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-15, 12:23

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think "capitalism" is misidentified as wealth inequality.  I believe there will be some form of class war in the US within the next 10 years (two Presidential elections).  We need to figure out how to give the poor (and what's left of the middle class) a leg up without "taking" from the wealthy.

I believe the problems of capitalism go well beyond wealth inequality.

To me, capitalism is an illegitimate authority that exercises control over politics and conditions how people think and behave. It has great influence over our political decision-makers in addition to how society perceives success, defines individualism, and treats one another.

Capitalism also treats nothing as sacred, and reduces everything and everyone to material value. Take education as an example. Capitalism has infected education to the detriment of society. We talk about the disregard for others, but we no longer value the components of education that contribute to successful communities and democracy: civic education and the liberal arts. Education is now centered on productive skills, what you can produce for yourself and an employer. Because of capitalism, education has been reduced to its material value. Skills that lend themselves to community building and democracy and treated as second class skills.

So to me it is much more than wealth inequality. It goes so far beyond inequality to me, and has manipulated politics and society in an incredibly unhealthy way.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-05-15, 13:43

PennSpartan wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

A progressive tax structure works.  Yes, the government is "taking" money.  It has to.  The more it takes from people who spend most or all of their income, the less the demand is for most goods and services.  No matter how wealthy you are, you only need so many bottles of Coca-Cola and Netflix subscriptions.  Generally speaking, it's better for the economy to "take" from the top.  
We also need to start taxing guns and ammo big time.  Nothing in 2A that prevents that.  An 18 year old will have a tough time filling a large capacity gun magazine if each round is $100 and the gun is $10,000.  

So something super tax heavy and progressive?  Interesting. You should speak to AOC and see what you can get done locally.

“I will accept the second amendment. I still think it’s BS, but I will stop trying to get rid of it, but guns are still the greatest plague on this nation and we have other ways to get what we want.

Taxes. We need to tax the hell out of all this stuff. We will set taxes so high that the average American will not be able to afford a single bullet. This is absolutely within the constitution and we have every right to do so.”
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-15, 14:19

kingstonlake wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
We also need to start taxing guns and ammo big time.  Nothing in 2A that prevents that.  An 18 year old will have a tough time filling a large capacity gun magazine if each round is $100 and the gun is $10,000.  

So something super tax heavy and progressive?  Interesting. You should speak to AOC and see what you can get done locally.

“I will accept the second amendment. I still think it’s BS, but I will stop trying to get rid of it, but guns are still the greatest plague on this nation and we have other ways to get what we want.

Taxes. We need to tax the hell out of all this stuff. We will set taxes so high that the average American will not be able to afford a single bullet. This is absolutely within the constitution and we have every right to do so.”

I am not comfortable only arming the well-off.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 14:24

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Economically it may work, but socially, it will not.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 14:26

PennSpartan wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

We also need to start taxing guns and ammo big time. Nothing in 2A that prevents that. An 18 year old will have a tough time filling a large capacity gun magazine if each round is $100 and the gun is $10,000.

Why do you hate poor people? Don't they deserve the ability to protect their loved ones? Why should only NumbersDude and I have that privilege?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-05-15, 14:39

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Why do you hate poor people? Don't they deserve the ability to protect their loved ones? Why should only NumbersDude and I have that privilege?

Aren't you the guy who bitches about poor people driving beaters?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 14:40

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

No, I think you have me confused with someone else. I love beaters. Heck, I drive one, myself.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-05-15, 14:49

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

No, I think you have me confused with someone else. I love beaters. Heck, I drive one, myself.

I don't have you confused with someone else. I'll bump your post to refresh your broke ass memory.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 14:53

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I don't have you confused with someone else. I'll bump your post to refresh your broke ass memory.

Another mass shooting 502811600
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-15, 15:28

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

As someone recently asked, "What does that even mean?"
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 15:36

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

If your plan involves taking from the rich and giving to the poor, the rich will resist, and since the rich have all of the power, nothing will be accomplished. Socially, your plan is a failure.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-15, 16:18

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Guns don’t protect anyone. Even the Pentagon couldn’t protect itself on 9/11.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-15, 16:19

kingstonlake wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

On guns, yes. Not much else.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-15, 16:49

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

If your plan involves taking from the rich and giving to the poor, the rich will resist, and since the rich have all of the power, nothing will be accomplished. Socially, your plan is a failure.

It's basically how this country is set up to work. It's a graduated income tax, and among the things it finances is assistance for the poor. People can and do bitch about it, but that's not a problem. The problem is that our political system allows for unlimited money to be funneled to politicians in exchange for tilting the playing field the other way.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-05-15, 17:06

PennSpartan wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

So in your world view, poor people can't own guns and can't afford to drive anywhere.

Interesting.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-15, 17:11

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

So in your world view, poor people can't own guns and can't afford to drive anywhere.

Interesting.
Oh well. So sorry.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-15, 17:45

Another shooting today. This time at a California church. A person is in custody and police have recovered a gun. Thoughts and prayers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-05-15, 18:08

The shooter wasn’t a “lone wolf”, he’s a mainstream Republican
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-05-15, 18:42

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

You rich bro?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-15, 18:56

And, another shooting:

At least 1 dead, 5 injured in Southern California church shooting, police say; suspect detained

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/15/geneva-presbyterian-church-shooting-suspect-victims/9788206002/
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-15, 19:21

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

We could start by going back to thr anti-trust laws from before Reagan, which were no company was allowed over 5% of the market without special controls and regulations, and eliminate the allowance of stock buy backs, also a Reagan change, which caused the stock market to be all about manipulation instead of about good management.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down