Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAC 12 dropping football divisions.

+6
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
The Pantry
PennSpartan
DWags
10 posters

Go down

PAC 12 dropping football divisions.    Empty PAC 12 dropping football divisions.

Post by DWags 2022-05-18, 17:41

The big 10 will never drop divisions. Even though they know the east and west divisions are very far apart. One conference, pick the best two.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

PAC 12 dropping football divisions.    Empty Re: PAC 12 dropping football divisions.

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-18, 17:44

DWags wrote:The big 10 will never drop divisions. Even though they know the east and west divisions are very far apart. One conference, pick the best two.
The Big Ten never like to admit mistakes.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

PAC 12 dropping football divisions.    Empty Re: PAC 12 dropping football divisions.

Post by The Pantry 2022-05-18, 18:13

Drop Rutgers, Maryland, and the divisions ASAP.

Drop Penn State and Nebraska a few years later and everything becomes right again in The Big Ten.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-18, 18:14

The Pantry wrote:Drop Rutgers, Maryland, and the divisions ASAP.

Drop Penn State and Nebraska a few years later and everything becomes right again in The Big Ten.

Drop UM into a sinkhole and everything becomes right with the universe again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-05-18, 18:27

Drop a deuce in Michigan stadium and it instantly smells better.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-18, 21:41

somewhere along the way the B1G lost their "brand".

Expanding to the east threw out the midwestern conference brand, with little in return.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-05-18, 23:09

Outside of MSU and to a lesser degree NW, I could not care less about the rest of the conference. Fuck the Big10.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-18, 23:43

So much change. I like that players are getting paid, but NIL isn’t really benefitting all athletes like I’d hoped it would. There’s the haves and have nots among players on teams now. Most players will receive little in compensation, meaning they’re still getting used but not paid much, while other teammates will be paying cash for top of the line cars. Now the NCAA dropping scholly limits for the next couple of years and that will leave a lot of teams in need of good players. The old guys here will remember how Bo stockpiled players back in the pre-scholarship limits days just to prevent MSU from getting good players.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-05-19, 00:07

Turtleneck wrote:Outside of MSU and to a lesser degree NW, I could not care less about the rest of the conference. Fuck the Big10.
The Big 10 still means something to us old fucks.

Haven't been to a game in SS since they lowered the field. Big fan of the SMB. Does the Big Ten flag core now carry 14 flags? Fuck that.

Broken tradition is no longer tradition. Follow the money. A credit hour cost $32.50 when I graduated.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-19, 00:19

Turtleneck wrote:Outside of MSU and to a lesser degree NW, I could not care less about the rest of the conference. Fuck the Big10.

Northwestern. Nice try. We know you’re a blue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-05-19, 06:35

The Pantry wrote:
The Big 10 still means something to us old fucks.

Haven't been to a game in SS since they lowered the field. Big fan of the SMB. Does the Big Ten flag core now carry 14 flags? Fuck that.

Broken tradition is no longer tradition. Follow the money. A credit hour cost $32.50 when I graduated.

Does the cloud ever yell back?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-19, 09:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The Big 10 still means something to us old fucks.

Does the cloud ever yell back?

Thunder & Lightening sometimes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-05-19, 09:21

tGreenWay wrote:So much change. I like that players are getting paid, but NIL isn’t really benefitting all athletes like I’d hoped it would. There’s the haves and have nots among players on teams now. Most players will receive little in compensation, meaning they’re still getting used but not paid much, while other teammates will be paying cash for top of the line cars. Now the NCAA dropping scholly limits for the next couple of years and that will leave a lot of teams in need of good players. The old guys here will remember how Bo stockpiled players back in the pre-scholarship limits days just to prevent MSU from getting good players.

I had to look that one up ...

85 scholarships is still the overall limit, but there is no longer a yearly limit, the 85 can be all in one class?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ncaa-announces-decision-on-scholarship-restrictions/ar-AAXr6LR?ocid=hpwidget&cvid=dfeb1b8a84cb43fe9ae80d2c0ec0c667
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-19, 09:23

The Pantry wrote:Drop Rutgers, Maryland, and the divisions ASAP.

I actually like the expansion. I’ve been to a lot of MSU games at Penn State and a few at Rutgers, one at Maryland. It gives me a chance to see the Spartans without the 9 hour drive to EL.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-05-19, 12:55

DWags wrote:The big 10 will never drop divisions. Even though they know the east and west divisions are very far apart. One conference, pick the best two.

Never say never. And I would say it is more likely they do drop divisions, than they don't. If it makes sense financially and increases the chances of getting into the CFP/NY6 Bowls, they will do it in a heartbeat. The biggest hold up is they don't want to make a move before the new CFP structure is finalized for 2025. There is definitely talk of change within the BIG and every other conference.  

A few articles excerpts from the Athletic. I dig the No Division w/three guaranteed Rivalry games listed in the last article below.

Big Ten leaders agree focus should be on Playoff, but scheduling priorities vary

Spoiler:

How Big Ten football scheduling could change in 2023, with or without divisions

Spoiler:
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-05-19, 13:39

If there’s a consensus among Big Ten administrators
IE - If UM and OSU are on board, this will happen, if not, it won't, no one else matters.

Michigan State - Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern
Northwestern? What in the actual fuck? Actually, fine, after thinking it over for 30 seconds, probably better than UM, PSU and Wisky. I guess our great IU rivalry isn't even being considered though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down