Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My theory: Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.

+5
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
DWags
9 posters

Go down

My theory:  Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.  Empty My theory: Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.

Post by DWags Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 17:17

They’re all just a bunch of dumb ass idiots. Treating our national election like they would treat a grade school popularity vote. They’re not only criminals, they’re too stupid to grasp the magnitude of their crime.

We know their followers are, but the main characters trying to carry out this coup I don’t believe have the mental capacity to fully grasp it. I also think Putin understood that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

My theory:  Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.  Empty Re: My theory: Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.

Post by kingstonlake Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 17:50

He’s not only dumb, he’s stubborn dumb. Just like his followers.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

My theory:  Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.  Empty Re: My theory: Trump, Rudy et al are too stupid to realize they were trying to carry out a coup.

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 19:12

Trump knew damned well what his was doing.  His mistake was his staff allowing a documentary filmmaker in The White House while he planned to steal the election.

British Documentary Filmmaker in White House
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 19:25

DWags wrote:They’re all just a bunch of dumb ass idiots. Treating our national election like they would treat a grade school popularity vote.   They’re not only criminals, they’re too stupid to grasp the magnitude of their crime.  

We know their followers are, but the main characters trying to carry out this coup I don’t believe have the mental capacity to fully grasp it.  I also think Putin understood that.  
Well, America is a stupid country.. which would explain this and 35% of the electorate.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 20:03; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 19:39

I dont think Trump set out in early November, to plot a coup. Mostly because he didn't think that would be necessary, as he had the courts, he had Republican legislatures in most of the swing states, Republican governors in a couple of them, etc.

But as the days passed, and more and more legal challenges fell by the wayside, his desperation led him down the path of what could only be a coup. He was told that things he was doing was illegal and didn't care. It's like how he did business. Do whatever it takes (including, lie, cheat, steal, intimidate, and litigate) in order to win. Maybe he didn't think of it as a "coup" with that word, but he knew that he was attempting to use illegal means to overturn the results of a free and fair election.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 19:42

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump knew damned well what his was doing.  His mistake was his staff allowing a documentary filmmaker in The White House while he planned to steal the election.

British Documentary Filmmaker in White House

I mean, that depends on if he was stupid enough to discuss his illegal plans in front of the cameras. Yes, it probably caught a lit of the things that we already know about. But the content of this remains to be seen.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 20:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:I dont think Trump set out in early November, to plot a coup.  Mostly because he didn't think that would be necessary, as he had the courts, he had Republican legislatures in most of the swing states, Republican governors in a couple of them, etc.

But as the days passed, and more and more legal challenges fell by the wayside, his desperation led him down the path of what could only be a coup.  He was told that things he was doing was illegal and didn't care.  It's like how he did business.  Do whatever it takes (including, lie, cheat, steal, intimidate, and litigate) in order to win.  Maybe he didn't think of it as a "coup" with that word, but he knew that he was attempting to use illegal means to overturn the results of a free and fair election.  
between me and you, I think you're giving him way too much credit.

Of course,  I'm just an idiot who can barely program the coffee maker... so....

I think he was listening to folks from Mio, the knuckle-scrapin' christians,  the anti-American right, those with no regard for the Constitution,  etc.

They used him for 4+ years. He was their useful idiot. He gives them tax breaks and hate-filled christian misogynistic judges and they'll keep using him.. giving him little girls, bibles, money, saying nice things to their accomplices in the mainstream media. He was easily bought and too stupid to even know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 21:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:I dont think Trump set out in early November, to plot a coup. Mostly because he didn't think that would be necessary, as he had the courts, he had Republican legislatures in most of the swing states, Republican governors in a couple of them, etc.

But as the days passed, and more and more legal challenges fell by the wayside, his desperation led him down the path of what could only be a coup. He was told that things he was doing was illegal and didn't care. It's like how he did business. Do whatever it takes (including, lie, cheat, steal, intimidate, and litigate) in order to win. Maybe he didn't think of it as a "coup" with that word, but he knew that he was attempting to use illegal means to overturn the results of a free and fair election.

Any normal person would have known he had lost on the night of the election.

Enough of the experts had told him that at that time.

He is a person who believes he can change reality by will, most people would call that insane.

He tried to do that, and he has no limits, so he has kept denying reality right up to today.

He also, with the one real skill he has, salesmanship, convinces others to break the law in pursuit of his fantasies.

What he does not have is a rock solid commitment to what The United States of America means.

He is a Hitler youth, literally, based on his family history, who believes that might or power is the only reality.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 21:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I dont think Trump set out in early November, to plot a coup.  Mostly because he didn't think that would be necessary, as he had the courts, he had Republican legislatures in most of the swing states, Republican governors in a couple of them, etc.

But as the days passed, and more and more legal challenges fell by the wayside, his desperation led him down the path of what could only be a coup.  He was told that things he was doing was illegal and didn't care.  It's like how he did business.  Do whatever it takes (including, lie, cheat, steal, intimidate, and litigate) in order to win.  Maybe he didn't think of it as a "coup" with that word, but he knew that he was attempting to use illegal means to overturn the results of a free and fair election.  

I think he was listening to folks from Mio, the knuckle-scrapin' christians,  the anti-American right, those with no regard for the Constitution,  etc.

They used him for 4+ years. He was their useful idiot. He gives them tax breaks and hate-filled christian misogynistic judges and they'll keep using him.. giving him little girls, bibles, money, saying nice things to their accomplices in the mainstream media. He was easily bought and too stupid to even know.

I'm certainly not saying he's the mastermind. Though with as bad of a job as they did with everything (from a 1-60something record in court cases, to the Four Seasons Landscaping press conference, to blaming election fraud on long-since deceased dictator), a case could certainly be made that it was the work of a buffoon.

But he knew what he wanted (to remain president, by any means necessary). When he was told what he was doing was wrong, illegal, or wouldn't work, he'd stop listening to those people, and bring in people who told him what he wanted to hear. To whatever extent others were using him, he was a witting participant.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 21:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm certainly not saying he's the mastermind. Though with as bad of a job as they did with everything (from a 1-60something record in court cases, to the Four Seasons Landscaping press conference, to blaming election fraud on long-since deceased dictator), a case could certainly be made that it was the work of a buffoon.

But he knew what he wanted (to remain president, by any means necessary). When he was told what he was doing was wrong, illegal, or wouldn't work, he'd stop listening to those people, and bring in people who told him what he wanted to hear. To whatever extent others were using him, he was a witting participant.

Depends on what a "mastermind" is ...

He is one of the best salesmen in the country and "sells" others on his vision.

His vision is that he won.

His sheep then go out and try to make that happen.

His lack of commitment to The United States of America allows the crazy to keep going.

His follower's lack of belief in The United States of America is why we are somewhat fucked.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 22 Jun 2022 - 9:16

Again, I think Trump knew he was trying to overturn an election, I just don’t think him or his gang or their idiot followers understand the gravity of what they were doing/are doing. Not just for the 2020 election but for the future of our democracy. They cant see the Forrest because of the trees.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Jun 2022 - 9:22

DWags wrote:Again, I think Trump knew he was trying to overturn an election, I just don’t think him or his gang or their idiot followers understand the gravity of what they were doing/are doing. Not just for the 2020 election but for the future of our democracy. They cant see the Forrest because of the trees.

Sort of agree, if they knew they certainly didn't care, if they didn't know they should have.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 22 Jun 2022 - 9:23

DWags wrote:Again, I think Trump knew he was trying to overturn an election, I just don’t think him or his gang or their idiot followers understand the gravity of what they were doing/are doing. Not just for the 2020 election but for the future of our democracy. They cant see the Forrest because of the trees.

Oh I think he can see the forrest through the trees. He just doesn't GAF.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 22 Jun 2022 - 9:42

In a democracy, the people get the leaders they deserve.

America is a stupid country.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 22 Jun 2022 - 18:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I dont think Trump set out in early November, to plot a coup. Mostly because he didn't think that would be necessary, as he had the courts, he had Republican legislatures in most of the swing states, Republican governors in a couple of them, etc.

Any normal person would have known he had lost on the night of the election.

Enough of the experts had told him that at that time.

He is a person who believes he can change reality by will, most people would call that insane.

He tried to do that, and he has no limits, so he has kept denying reality right up to today.

He also, with the one real skill he has, salesmanship, convinces others to break the law in pursuit of his fantasies.

What he does not have is a rock solid commitment to what The United States of America means.

He is a Hitler youth, literally, based on his family history, who believes that might or power is the only reality.

His love affairs with Putin and Kim Jong Un and any other petty dictator he could suck up to confirm that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down