Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

+7
steveschneider
Rick Saunders
RQA
NigelUno
DWags
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
11 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-18, 10:26

and, just like that, it's time for another page - an Ode to Guest - where we post his manifesto, the ManiGuesto - a completely rational, cogent piece where our old friend outlines the very fabric of his intellectual, religious and political soul, as determined by his commitment to church and the mainstream media.

Guest, we know you're reading and we respect your absolute need to stay away from the board. Your well-being is paramount. Please enjoy another page where we pay homage to you via poetry.

Guest wrote: Greetings my Swill friends.

lol, this is close in a couple ways but wildly askew in others. I get up and check my email, answer any important ones. Cook breakfast which always includes eggs unless the grandkids are here - then they usually request pancakes or waffles. Coffee sets my AFib off so I drink one cup a week, I've missed my morning pot badly for 10 years now. Then I read my 3 newspaper sites (News, Freep, MLive), various message boards and couple of news aggregators. After that there's some daily variation depending on season and plans.
The not even close parts: I've logged into Twitter once since April - to say thanks to Lynn Henning. He and I shared many lively debates over the years as old farm kids, baseball and outdoors nuts and across a liberal/conservative divide. Somehow we never called each other names and remain friends.
The BS part is BS on your part. You and 90%+ of the Swill are raging liberals that consider yourselves purveyors of facts as you swallow the Covington, Smollett and other bullshit news whole as you blithely call any site you disagree with "propaganda" - how's the collusion propaganda going? Because you have a huge majority on the Swill you mistake that as being a reflection of America as a whole. You ignore the fact that Trump won, and is favored to win again by the people that are most accurate - the books. You are NOT reflective of America, most are more conservative than you and more liberal than me. I'm aware of that, most of you aren't.
If you think I'm blinded take a few, step back and think about the political leanings of those that have been driven from or simply chose to leave the board. There's a pattern in how people with opposing viewpoints are treated here.
Also I did NOT come post political content on the Swill - if I was posting political content it was in the Bin. That's the double standard that irked me most. The board doesn't need to be that way if people choose to respect boundaries. One of my other message boards started as a Tigers board but now has every sport covered and a massively active political section - the crossover is virtually zero. Why? Because people keep things separate and in the rare times it's needed the mods actually enforce it. And honestly that place is just as wildly liberal as the Swill - I guess most conservatives have better things to do than message boarding. At the Swill none of the mods could/would see it because it all agreed with their worldview. So I left, life goes on, yours and mine.
I'm not pissed at anyone, I'm just unwilling to be randomly abused because my political views are different than most of you. I've had those same views since before many of you were born, Trump has nothing to do with it and I don't spend 85% of my life obsessing over the orange man as many of you seem to. And by that I mean getting fucking offended by a headline because it comes from a source you don't approve of.
The Swill is eventually doomed anyway, the 2 people with the keys to the place are rarely there and essentially don't give a flying fuck except to say it's "their" board. Maybe there's some hope that tRCMB will implode someday and he can cash in, hell if I know.
Since Martin mentioned he liked the Mio thread, Ellie's 12 Tables is in this story - I've been flogging this diner for a while on the Swill. They won the voting for the best diner in northern Michigan. The question is how will they fare in the final standings. (Owned and operated by 2 members of our local LGBT community as are 2 other local eateries, amazing for those of you that think everywhere outside your little bubble is bigoted especially in a county that voted 70% Trump)
https://www.mlive.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/02/d5dc9fae5d512/see-all-of-our-michigans-best-diner-finalists.html
For my friend Bobby Sak: A new sport he needs to consider - combining his love of biking and snow.
https://www.mlive.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/02/734f712b2a9446/winter-fat-tire-biking-is-taking-off-in-michigan-17-trails-to-try.html
For my friend Wakie: Happy Birthday and the CitiDouble Cash is a great card, it's my go to.
In closing I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss the place but in the end the shit there just wasn't worth it to me. I can get my Spartan fix at tRCMB and my Tigers fix at Motown Sports so I'm good. Have fun and enjoy yourself,

Goose aka "Guest" ;-)

PS - how's that for book length?  

enjoy your Mio spring!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-22, 15:08

yesterday, Guest had a great day at church
his bible group discussed their love of forced birth
they also voiced support for the electric chair
decidedly not 'pro-life', but they don't care
they celebrate death row with vigor and mirth
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-24, 10:59

it's "deep-fried Snickers" day at the diner
Guest is relaxing in his recliner
watching his christian hero's trial
"putrid orange" always makes him smile
fits right in with the lifetime whiner

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-24, 15:11

there once was a poster named Guest
who approached message boardin' with zest
addicted to the network 'news'
Biden's election gave him the blues
he decided that leaving was best
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-24, 15:18

Mio is a god-fearin' town rooted in christianity
their hero is one of 'grab 'em by the pussy' profanity
shootings, rapes, the death penalty, they cheer
if you're truly 'pro-life' don't go anywhere near
they get upset if you question their sanity

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-24, 16:14

The spring in the North is soon arising
Goose knows there will be no compromising
Trump's witch hunt
Is no stunt
Soon he will be in housing subsidized
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-29, 15:07

Guest's christian hero is an odd sort
he keeps falling asleep in criminal court
I thought it was Biden that was "sleepy"
the orange christian filth is creepy
I bet he doesn't even pay his child support
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-04-29, 20:17

I don't know why because i haven't spent even 5 minutes trying to figure out what's going on in this thread, but this thread always bothers me when i see it pop up.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-30, 08:39

sεяεηιτλ wrote:I don't know why because i haven't spent even 5 minutes trying to figure out what's going on in this thread, but this thread always bothers me when i see it pop up.
trust me - if you spent 30 seconds trying to figure out this thread, that would be an unfortunate use of your 30 seconds.

I'll sum it up: Guest got mad and left, Guest sent someone his manifesto upon leaving, someone posted it, a few of us imbeciles have spent an inordinate amount of time memorializing our friend's absence and wishing him well via 2nd grade poetry (apologies to 2nd graders) because I know Guest reads this thread and it's my way of saying 'hello' to my friend.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-30, 09:50

Tributes to Goose keep pouring in
A great legend here on the bin
Goose posted
Bob roasted
Goose left and now lives in deep sin

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13