Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geographically speaking, where does southern Michigan start?

+9
MiamiSpartan
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
tGreenWay
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
DWags
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Geographically speaking, where does southern Michigan start?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Geographically speaking, where does southern Michigan start?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 9:05

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
good point... and Hawks Nest.. don't forget the Hawks Nest subdivison. Shocked

Homes so close together you can shake your neighbors hand from your bedroom window. And maybe even cross body block his cheaply built his house to the ground
yeah - I get that it might work for some folks (we have a handful of friends who live there), but definitely not my scene. I find it kind of creepy, really.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Geographically speaking, where does southern Michigan start?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Geographically speaking, where does southern Michigan start?

Post by duffy munn Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 9:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Homes so close together you can shake your neighbors hand from your bedroom window. And maybe even cross body block his cheaply built his house to the ground
yeah - I get that it might work for some folks (we have a handful of friends who live there), but definitely not my scene. I find it kind of creepy, really.

I've never been a fan of the "northern tier". Annexing a bunch of Bath farm land and building apartments 3 miles from campus killed foot traffic downtown. But the city manager at the time wanted to "recapture" our neighborhoods. As if young families were going to buy a house on the 100 block of Gunson.

And the crazy over priced Mayberry homes built on postage stamps are frankly an eyesore.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 9:57

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yeah - I get that it might work for some folks (we have a handful of friends who live there), but definitely not my scene. I find it kind of creepy, really.

I've never been a fan of the "northern tier". Annexing a bunch of Bath farm land and building apartments 3 miles from campus killed foot traffic downtown. But the city manager at the time wanted to "recapture" our neighborhoods. As if young families were going to buy a house on the 100 block of Gunson.

And the crazy over priced Mayberry homes built on postage stamps are frankly an eyesore.

Wait!

Abbots is out of business?

I suppose the cold storage locker is too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 10:01

Trapper Gus wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Wait!

Abbots is out of business?

I suppose the cold storage locker is too.

Jimmy's Pub is still there and does well. But strip mall behind it has had a revolving door of tenants. Most failing within a year. It's mostly vacant now.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 10:12

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yeah - I get that it might work for some folks (we have a handful of friends who live there), but definitely not my scene. I find it kind of creepy, really.

yeah, I hear ya - been a big push lately to build some of the high-rise, fancy student housing down on campus (and the one aimed at retirees right on Grand River above Target scratch ).. to get more foot traffic downtown, but most anything north of Lake Lansing Road, in between Chandler and Coolidge, is unfortunate.

I do like the East Lansing soccer complex - I spend a ton of time on the northern tier trail, which is really nice, and the EL cross-country course on the wooded trails within just south of the soccer complex but, otherwise, it's very antiseptic. Absent of any character.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 10:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

yeah, I hear ya - been a big push lately to build some of the high-rise, fancy student housing down on campus (and the one aimed at retirees right on Grand River above Target scratch ).. to get more foot traffic downtown, but most anything north of Lake Lansing Road, in between Chandler and Coolidge, is unfortunate.

I do like the East Lansing soccer complex - I spend a ton of time on the northern tier trail, which is really nice, and the EL cross-country course on the wooded trails within just south of the soccer complex but, otherwise, it's very antiseptic. Absent of any character.
The soccer complex, aquatic center and softball fields were well done. Particularly the soccer complex. The field is immaculate. I also get enjoying the trails.

I just think the rest of it was a very poorly planned and shortsighted tax money grab. When council had open hearings about I spoke many times with the same message: This will HURT downtown East Lansing. Our neighborhoods have NOT been invaded so they don't need to be recaptured. If anything, we invaded Bath
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 12:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Who woulda thought that a former sod farm wouldn't be a great place to live?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 12:26

It starts wherever the fuck I say it starts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2