Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

+12
GRR Spartan
Cameron
sεяεηιτλ
InTenSity
RQA
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? Empty Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:03 pm

I mean, we know he isn't 'pro-life'.. and we know he's a racist.. and we know he's bigot.. and we know he hates women.. and we know that he's a fascist.. and we know he's a christian.. and we know he has contempt for America.. and we know he has contempt for freedom..

but did dude really kidnap people, put them on an airplane and send them somewhere?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? Empty Re: Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I mean, we know he isn't 'pro-life'.. and we know he's a racist.. and we know he's bigot.. and we know he hates women.. and we know that he's a fascist.. and we know he's a christian.. and we know he has contempt for America.. and we know he has contempt for freedom..

but did dude really kidnap people, put them on an airplane and send them somewhere?

To Martha's Vineyard. I'm sure there's plenty of adequate housing for them there or maybe one of their relatives have a spare bedroom in their guesthouse that sleeps two planeloads of human beings.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? Empty Re: Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:45 pm

They should send them to Michigan. Business owners love to bitch that they can’t find people to work, great, here they are. Bring them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They should send them to Michigan. Business owners love to bitch that they can’t find people to work, great, here they are. Bring them.
yeah, I'd gladly swap some folks who want to be in America for a gaggle of whiny, angry, fragile MAGA christian fascists.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Funny thing is I saw an interview with the state rep for MV. It’s actually a fairly diverse area now. I think that guy with the brown suit has a place.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm

I love that our governor is using $12 million of public money for a campaign stunt.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:10 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:I love that our governor is using $12 million of public money for a campaign stunt.

Seems like all the public money he is spending is for campaign stunts?

Has he done anything positive for Florida at all?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:27 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I love that our governor is using $12 million of public money for a campaign stunt.

Sounds like he's doing more for Texas, spending Florida money in that state to fly people to another state.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Sounds like he's doing more for Texas, spending Florida money in that state to fly people to another state.

We can disagree that what he is doing helps Texas at all.

Mostly he is spending State money on his bid to be President.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:01 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

Well, he reduced the population a bit here, especially tens of thousands of Trumpers, by virtue of his Covid policies. Unfortunately, they took some good people in the process, too.

You know, people forget that DeSantis was pretty reasonable about Covid at first.  He is running all these campaign commercials with people saying, "Thank you for letting me work, thank you for letting my kids go to school, thank you for letting me visit my elderly parents."  Making it look like he was always keeping things open.  BUT...HE is the one that ordered bars and restaurants to close.  HE is the one that ordered schools to be closed through the end of the 2019/2020 school year.  HE is the one that said people couldn't visit nursing homes.  His campaign commercials don't say that.  Those are good things that he did...for a couple of months.

It was only when Trump wanted to give up on the restrictions in order to get the economy going ahead of the election, that DeSantis started opening up in mid May 2020.

Fun Facts:  since June 1, 2020, the number of total Covid deaths in the US has increased by 10x.  A sad number, indeed.

Since June 1, 2020 (2 weeks after DeSantis started Phase 1 of re-opening, and did his first "victory lap" about how great Florida has handled Covid), the number of total deaths in Florida has increased by 32x!!!!!  Yes, that's more than TRIPLE the percentage increase of the rest of the country since Florida opened.

Thus the name DeathSantis.  

But but but.....tHe wOkE!!!!  My God, the WOKE!!!!!!!!!!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Well, he reduced the population a bit here, especially tens of thousands of Trumpers, by virtue of his Covid policies. Unfortunately, they took some good people in the process, too.

You know, people forget that DeSantis was pretty reasonable about Covid at first.  He is running all these campaign commercials with people saying, "Thank you for letting me work, thank you for letting my kids go to school, thank you for letting me visit my elderly parents."  Making it look like he was always keeping things open.  BUT...HE is the one that ordered bars and restaurants to close.  HE is the one that ordered schools to be closed through the end of the 2019/2020 school year.  HE is the one that said people couldn't visit nursing homes.  His campaign commercials don't say that.  Those are good things that he did...for a couple of months.

It was only when Trump wanted to give up on the restrictions in order to get the economy going ahead of the election, that DeSantis started opening up in mid May 2020.

Fun Facts:  since June 1, 2020, the number of total Covid deaths in the US has increased by 10x.  A sad number, indeed.

Since June 1, 2020 (2 weeks after DeSantis started Phase 1 of re-opening, and did his first "victory lap" about how great Florida has handled Covid), the number of total deaths in Florida has increased by 32x!!!!!  Yes, that's more than TRIPLE the percentage increase of the rest of the country since Florida opened.

Thus the name DeathSantis.  

But but but.....tHe wOkE!!!!  My God, the WOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Sort of the sad thing about all that is that with the weather it has Florida has all the advantages that if he had limited gatherings inside and forced gathers to be outside some of the carnage could have been avoided. Same with promoting vaccinees instead of what he did. So much failure that was unforced.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:30 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I mean, we know he isn't 'pro-life'.. and we know he's a racist.. and we know he's bigot.. and we know he hates women..  and we know that he's a fascist.. and we know he's a christian.. and we know he has contempt for America.. and we know he has contempt for freedom..

You would have to accept immigrants as human before you can traffic them... This is just shipping chattle to this dbag.

EDIT: This is why it dumbfounds me that the Rs are getting any Hispanic vote.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:31 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I mean, we know he isn't 'pro-life'.. and we know he's a racist.. and we know he's bigot.. and we know he hates women.. and we know that he's a fascist.. and we know he's a christian.. and we know he has contempt for America.. and we know he has contempt for freedom..

Is it really "trafficking" to rescue people from the awful place you are describing and sending them to a place full of, well, people like you?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:33 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Sort of the sad thing about all that is that with the weather it has Florida has all the advantages that if he had limited gatherings inside and forced gathers to be outside some of the carnage could have been avoided. Same with promoting vaccinees instead of what he did. So much failure that was unforced.

Part of the reason for the spike in the summer in FL is because everyone is indoors. The heat and humidity can get to be brutal.

I'm thinking he is going to win re-election, unless this stunt with sending the Venezuelans to MV backfires and he loses some of the Cuban support. All he has to do is say Crist is the same as Castro and boom, 80% of the cubans will vote for him. I guess we'll see what happens, I have no faith in the FL voter. The shit that Desantis is trying to do to the Broward County school board is BS as well. As long as he continues to fuck the libs, he will win re-election.

I already told my wife if he does win, we may need to seriously look at moving. The way he is gutting education in FL is just sad. Can't say gay in school, doing nothing about insurance. I've noticed my electric bill is about 25% higher this summer than the last few summers and read a report that his appointed representatives for FPL, however that works, have allowed them to increase their prices.

Also he is refusing to debate Crist, so again, he won't go in front of any type of reporter that is going to ask tough questions, and the fucking public here is going to fall for it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:41 am

InTenSity wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:
Sort of the sad thing about all that is that with the weather it has Florida has all the advantages that if he had limited gatherings inside and forced gathers to be outside some of the carnage could have been avoided.  Same with promoting vaccinees instead of what he did.  So much failure that was unforced.

Part of the reason for the spike in the summer in FL is because everyone is indoors. The heat and humidity can get to be brutal.

I'm thinking he is going to win re-election, unless this stunt with sending the Venezuelans to MV backfires and he loses some of the Cuban support. All he has to do is say Crist is the same as Castro and boom, 80% of the cubans will vote for him. I guess we'll see what happens, I have no faith in the FL voter. The shit that Desantis is trying to do to the Broward County school board is BS as well. As long as he continues to fuck the libs, he will win re-election.

I already told my wife if he does win, we may need to seriously look at moving. The way he is gutting education in FL is just sad. Can't say gay in school, doing nothing about insurance. I've noticed my electric bill is about 25% higher this summer than the last few summers and read a report that his appointed representatives for FPL, however that works, have allowed them to increase their prices.

Also he is refusing to debate Crist, so again, he won't go in front of any type of reporter that is going to ask tough questions, and the fucking public here is going to fall for it.

Well, you live there, and I don't, however I never noticed the heat to be an issue in the Tampa area when I was working for a company which had a facility there.  Low to mid 80's is very livable during the day.  I'll give you the humidity.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:43 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Well, you live there, and I don't, however I never noticed the heat to be an issue in the Tampa area when I was working for a company which had a facility there. Low to mid 80's is very livable. I'll give you the humidity.
You must have been visiting in the winter. Our lows during the summer are usually around 80-85 at night. If we have a low in the 70's its because of afternoon storms that cooled things off for an hour or so, otherwise it will probably be mid-90's. Center of the state could be hotter than Miami.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:48 am

InTenSity wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Well, you live there, and I don't, however I never noticed the heat to be an issue in the Tampa area when I was working for a company which had a facility there.  Low to mid 80's is very livable.  I'll give you the humidity.
You must have been visiting in the winter. Our lows during the summer are usually around 80-85 at night. If we have a low in the 70's its because of afternoon storms that cooled things off for an hour or so, otherwise it will probably be mid-90's. Center of the state could be hotter than Miami.

Nope, definably in the summer, in Tampa, for about 25 years while we had the facility there, and other than the 4PM afternoon rain that you could set your watch by, the weather was humid but not uncomfortably hot.  (Heck, here in SE Michigan we see several days in the 90's every summer, you guys need to be tougher. /s)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:54 am

I for one will take the guy who lives in florida’s word for it when he says that Florida is hot in the summer
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:08 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I for one will take the guy who lives in florida’s word for it when he says that Florida is hot in the summer

Not disputing his impression of "hot", just clarifying the location I know, Tampa, where I spent a number of weeks in the summer from 1981 to 2005.

Tampa is about halfway down Florida, so it probably is "hotter" further south, down toward Miami for instance, however, the temperatures in Florida are mitigated by that huge temperature controlling sea of water on two sides.  It also might be "hotter" up north in Florida, where the land is further from the water.  All said, I never found the Tampa area to be all that "hot" in the summer, as compared, say, to SE Michigan in the summer.  Humid, absolutely.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:17 am

it's also worth mentioning that because America is a stupid (and racist) country, he'll be the next president.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:19 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I for one will take the guy who lives in florida’s word for it when he says that Florida is hot in the summer
I would actually send the racist, hate-filled, fascist christian governor a hand-written 'thank you' note if he removed me from Florida.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 pm

sounds like Little Hitler's human trafficking stunt (that apparently cost the taxpayers of Florida $12 million) is making those evil woke liberals in Massachusetts look like decent people.. ya know, helping those less fortunate, feeding them, clothing them.. students in a local school leaving Spanish class to help translate for the men, women and children.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:sounds like Little Hitler's human trafficking stunt (that apparently cost the taxpayers of Florida $12 million) is making those evil woke liberals in Massachusetts look like decent people.. ya know, helping those less fortunate, feeding them, clothing them.. students in a local school leaving Spanish class to help translate for the men, women and children.

Hopefully none of those students try to emulate Corey Feldman as Mouth in the Goonies.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:sounds like Little Hitler's human trafficking stunt (that apparently cost the taxpayers of Florida $12 million) is making those evil woke liberals in Massachusetts look like decent people.. ya know, helping those less fortunate, feeding them, clothing them.. students in a local school leaving Spanish class to help translate for the men, women and children.

So, one of my boy's friend's got a "summer job" on Nantucket walking dogs. She ended up with free room and board and made the equivalent of $30/hr for 3 months....

For walking dogs...

She also did a little valet work on the side.

It's possible these people just hit the 'merican dream jackpot.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:06 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Not disputing his impression of "hot", just clarifying the location I know, Tampa, where I spent a number of weeks in the summer from 1981 to 2005.

Tampa is about halfway down Florida, so it probably is "hotter" further south, down toward Miami for instance, however, the temperatures in Florida are mitigated by that huge temperature controlling sea of water on two sides.  It also might be "hotter" up north in Florida, where the land is further from the water.  All said, I never found the Tampa area to be all that "hot" in the summer, as compared, say, to SE Michigan in the summer.  Humid, absolutely.

No, it's about the same. It's actually hotter in Orlando and Tallahassee in the summer than either because they don't get the Ocean breezes.

But maybe you were near the water, because official highs of low to mid 80s in the summer simply doesn't happen in Tampa unless it rains most of the day. You can look it up, if you'd like, and see that average high temps are 90-91 for June through September over the past 30 years.

If you're close to the water, it doesn't change official temps more than a couple of degrees, but it is much more bearable with the ocean breeze.

But to Inten's original point, we always saw covid spikes in the summer, when the rest of the country was down, and vice versa in the winter months. Other Sunbelt areas also tended to see spikes in the summer.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:16 pm

Covid spikes in the summer due to people inside with air conditioning, sure.

The rest of this, well ...

The facility was about 2 miles north of TPA so pretty near the bay and we typically stayed at the Bay Harbor Inn right off the causeway, so that very likely has something to do with my impressions.

However, I don't consider 90 degrees "hot", probably because being an old guy home & vehicle air conditioning really wasn't a common thing until I was in my 30's, so my perspective on needed it is different. So this is just old fart thinking

Now the upper 90's (97 and above) into the 100's is "hot", though not "that hot" which really is above 105 or so.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:34 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Hopefully none of those students try to emulate Corey Feldman as Mouth in the Goonies.
no idea what this means, but it sounds funny. Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:56 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

No, it's about the same. It's actually hotter in Orlando and Tallahassee in the summer than either because they don't get the Ocean breezes.

But maybe you were near the water, because official highs of low to mid 80s in the summer simply doesn't happen in Tampa unless it rains most of the day. You can look it up, if you'd like, and see that average high temps are 90-91 for June through September over the past 30 years.

If you're close to the water, it doesn't change official temps more than a couple of degrees, but it is much more bearable with the ocean breeze.

But to Inten's original point, we always saw covid spikes in the summer, when the rest of the country was down, and vice versa in the winter months. Other Sunbelt areas also tended to see spikes in the summer.
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Water temp is currently 85 off Clearwater Beach. Doesn't seem like you'd get much of a cooling effect from that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:14 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Covid spikes in the summer due to people inside with air conditioning, sure.

The facility was about 2 miles north of TPA so pretty near the bay and we typically stayed at the Bay Harbor Inn right off the causeway, so that very likely has something to do with my impressions.

However, I don't consider 90 degrees "hot", probably because being an old guy home & vehicle air conditioning really wasn't a common thing until I was in my 30's, so my perspective on needed it is different. So this is just old fart thinking

Now the upper 90's (97 and above) into the 100's is "hot", though not "that hot" which really is above 105 or so.

Regardless of what you consider hot, I was just saying that there are never highs in the low to mid 80s in the summer in Florida, except when it rains.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Water temp is currently 85 off Clearwater Beach. Doesn't seem like you'd get much of a cooling effect from that.

Not cool, but enough that it makes it more bearable. Maybe due to the fact that there is a constant breeze. But also, compared to breezes several miles inland where I live, that are circulating over hot concrete, a breeze off a warm ocean is better.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:52 pm

Apparently Desantis and his goons rounded these people up, gave them addresses all over the country that they have to report to, gave them the name of an agency that's got nothing to with immigration, handed them a generic map of the USA and one of Martha's Vineyard, herded them onto a plane and sent them to Martha's Vineyard. If these people don't report to the address that they were given within a couple of days they risk getting deported. Doesn't get much more despicable than that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:10 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Apparently Desantis and his goons rounded these people up, gave them addresses all over the country that they have to report to, gave them the name of an agency that's got nothing to with immigration, handed them a generic map of the USA and one of Martha's Vineyard, herded them onto a plane and sent them to Martha's Vineyard. If these people don't report to the address that they were given within a couple of days they risk getting deported. Doesn't get much more despicable than that.

I really want to know how a Florida governor can use Florida public money to round people up in Texas and fly them to Massachusets.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:55 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Covid spikes in the summer due to people inside with air conditioning, sure.

However, I don't consider 90 degrees "hot", probably because being an old guy home & vehicle air conditioning really wasn't a common thing until I was in my 30's, so my perspective on needed it is different.  So this is just old fart thinking

Regardless of what you consider hot, I was just saying that there are never highs in the low to mid 80s in the summer in Florida, except when it rains.

Okay, there were 15 to 45 years ago.  The charts say the average high for Tampa in mid summer is 90, so math says some days are lower.  Just saying at this point, due to your claim.  Oh and when I was there in the summer it rained almost every day, at about 4PM, so maybe that kept it cooler.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:59 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
no idea what this means, but it sounds funny. Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Apparently Desantis and his goons rounded these people up, gave them addresses all over the country that they have to report to, gave them the name of an agency that's got nothing to with immigration, handed them a generic map of the USA and one of Martha's Vineyard, herded them onto a plane and sent them to Martha's Vineyard. If these people don't report to the address that they were given within a couple of days they risk getting deported. Doesn't get much more despicable than that.

The WoPo is reporting the Federal ICE agents provided them with the ridicules reporting addresses and helped get them on planes. There seems to be confusion on some of this but they may have been taken from TX to FL and then flown to MA
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:11 pm

So, I'm sure this will shock all of you if you haven't already heard it, but this may have all been a bit shady.

The company that DeSantis hired to fly these people is a flight school owned by a Republican donor. The company is also tied to a guy who went to prison for scamming campaign funds from Mike Huckabee's campaign.

They gave the migrants information on what to do and which agency to notify of their address when they find a place to live. Except they gave them the wrong agency to contact....meaning that the migrants won't notify the right people...meaning they will be in violation and rounded up and deported.

And Greg Abbott basically threw DeSantis under the bus, saying he wasn't involved in this, which really complicates any claims of legal authority.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

The WoPo is reporting the Federal ICE agents provided them with the ridicules reporting addresses and helped get them on planes. There seems to be confusion on some of this but they may have been taken from TX to FL and then flown to MA
DeSantis stumbled over a response to a reporter asking why he went and got people from Texas, and he said, "Well, they were going to come to Florida." Like how the F does anyone know that? So maybe they brought them to Florida to claim that they were coming here. Did The Florida Governor (who is a christian) Really Traffic Human Beings? 502811600 The dude is all over the place.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:17 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:So, I'm sure this will shock all of you if you haven't already heard it, but this may have all been a bit shady.

The company that DeSantis hired to fly these people is a flight school owned by a Republican donor. The company is also tied to a guy who went to prison for scamming campaign funds from Mike Huckabee's campaign.

They gave the migrants information on what to do and which agency to notify of their address when they find a place to live. Except they gave them the wrong agency to contact....meaning that the migrants won't notify the right people...meaning they will be in violation and rounded up and deported.

And Greg Abbott basically threw DeSantis under the bus, saying he wasn't involved in this, which really complicates any claims of legal authority.

Pretty sure the only legal way to do this is to offer it to the immigrants. If they accept the offer it is on them. Directly lying to them.about the offer is of course fraud.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:13 pm

RQA wrote:

Is it really "trafficking" to rescue people from the awful place you are describing and sending them to a place full of, well, people like you?

You're not following established protocol and instead, duping them to get on a plane or bus and driving them to other states...across state lines. You think that ISN'T Trafficking?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Glad i'm not the only one
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next