Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Biden is crushing it.

+25
sεяεηιτλ
TravelinMan
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
NigelUno
msugolfguy
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
Rocinante
Motown Spartan
Pervis Muldoon
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
InTenSity
Cameron
GRR Spartan
RQA
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
PennSpartan
29 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Biden is crushing it.

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:00 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Okay, what does that have to do with all the workers who can work from home, which is what the article linked is about?
Because they are lazy fucks who should be fired. They certainly don’t deserve student debt relief, since they are saving money by working in their pajamas.

Thos lazy fucks are more productive than the old farts in the office, the article linked says so. Your point is not logical.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:00 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Human resources officers? Database administrators?

Which professions are the "lazy fucks"?
Anyone who doesn’t want to go back to the office to work.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:01 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Because they are lazy fucks who should be fired. They certainly don’t deserve student debt relief, since they are saving money by working in their pajamas.

Thos lazy fucks are more productive than the old farts in the office, the article linked says so. Your point is not logical.
The article says so. Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 420617953
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:01 pm

My wife works a hybrid home/office schedule. Pretty sure she's not lazy or a fuck.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:03 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:My wife works a hybrid home/office schedule. Pretty sure she's not lazy or a fuck.
Did she do that before Covid?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:04 pm

I miss the mall... all of those stores in one place.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:05 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:My wife works a hybrid home/office schedule. Pretty sure she's not lazy or a fuck.
Did she do that before Covid?

She started her job mid Covid and was 100% remote for almost a year.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:05 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:It amazes me that people see PROGRESS as a bad thing.
Working from home is progress? Then don’t ever ask for paid daycare again.

This is the first semi-rational statement on this you have made.

The workers are more productive, and are on task more of the time, since they are not commuting, though in Detroit before I retired, for years it was typical to be on a conference call on my way to work, and thus the workers are saving money by not commuting and the businesses are getting higher productivity and reduced leasing costs.

Daycare still needed for those jobs which are onsite such as the ones you were listing, however, and can be an option for people working from home.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:07 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Thos lazy fucks are more productive than the old farts in the office, the article linked says so.  Your point is not logical.
The article says so.  Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 420617953

I quoted it for you.

Here it is again, with a section bolded so you don't have to read the entire quote.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, government-implemented stay-at-home and social distancing mandates forced many companies to adjust their operations to accommodate work-from-home models. And according to several studies, these transitions ultimately ended up positively affecting businesses’ bottom lines. Remote employees ended up being more productive and were happier with their jobs, which culminated in lower turnover rates and higher profits/efficacy per worker. On top of that, businesses ended up saving a ton of money in overhead costs.

edit - I have to say that based on this you are stuck in 1960's management thinking, something I didn't have to deal with for about 20 years in the middle of my career when I worked for a management which set the expectations of what needed to be done by when and didn't concern itself with the issue of if people were in the office all the time. People were in the office at all hours based on what was needed to be done.

The last 15 years we had new management, back to the outdated 1960's thinking. People arrived at the start of office hours and let exactly when office hours were over. Productivity sank.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:12 pm

I get it. I can imagine downtown Detroit will do well if everyone works from home. Such a great concept. Progressives, hating cops and hating work. Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 1966794946
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

RQA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:13 pm

Why are people that want a better work/life balance considered lazy? Perhaps if they get more fulfillment from their life, they will be a better, more productive employee?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:16 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Why are people that want a better work/life balance considered lazy? Perhaps if they get more fulfillment from their life, they will be a better, more productive employee?
That’s fine. But if you’re going to sit at home don’t ask for me to pay for your college debt and healthcare and child daycare. Deal?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

RQA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:17 pm

PennSpartan wrote:I get it. I can imagine downtown Detroit will do well if everyone works from home. Such a great concept. Progressives, hating cops and hating work. Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 1966794946

Better job satisfaction by working from home. Read the GD article you linked, Penn.

Yes, switching to a work from home culture will reduce any number of costs both to businesses, for workers, and for support functions like police and lunch counters. It called progress and it is what a neoliberal private market belief system is based upon.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:17 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Why are people that want a better work/life balance considered lazy? Perhaps if they get more fulfillment from their life, they will be a better, more productive employee?
That’s fine. But if you’re going to sit at home don’t ask for me to pay for your college debt and healthcare and child daycare. Deal?

When are you going to give up Medicare?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:19 pm

PennSpartan wrote:

Not logical, Penn. A more productive, happier employee working from home still has the same costs on those three items.

It doesn't make any sense to bring them up.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Not logical, Penn. A more productive, happier employee working from home still has the same costs on those three items.

You have convinced me. I will vote accordingly.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:24 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

When are you going to give up Medicare?

From everything Penn has posted about his company paid insurance, he has a gold-plated plan from his employer, even though he is retired, which is due to the unions bargaining in the 1960's & 70's in certain industries. If he is over 65 the company insurance either switched part of his coverage to Medicare and he doesn't know it, or he worked in an exempt industry, railroads are one, where for years their retirement & retirement health insurance, was separate from Social Security & Medicare.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:25 pm

Someone want to explain to Penn that Medicare for All is the exact same as private health insurance, just with a larger pool of participants and no middle man to tell us what our options are based on the bottom line of a company?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:26 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Not logical, Penn.  A more productive, happier employee working from home still has the same costs on those three items.

You have convinced me.  I will vote accordingly.  

Penn, this argument is shooting fish in a barrel.

You posted an article which says companies get more productivity and loyalty when they allow people to work from home.

You seemed to be arguing against the article you posted.

Why?

Or, conversely, you are arguing that lower productivity and less company loyalty is a good thing.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:28 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Someone want to explain to Penn that Medicare for All is the exact same as private health insurance, just with a larger pool of participants and no middle man to tell us what our options are based on the bottom line of a company?

We could, however Penn has emotionally bought into the neoliberal economic argument of the 1990's which is anything government does private business can do better. No matter how much information that disproves that we send his way he probably will not budge in his position.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:28 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
You have convinced me.  I will vote accordingly.  

You posted an article which says companies get more productivity and loyalty when they allow people to work from home.

Why?
The article isn’t the point.  The stupidity of refusing to return to work is.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:33 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Why?

it's not a return to work.  They are working right now and are more productive than they were or would be if they were going into an office.

When the management of the company you work for is making an obvious huge mistake do you just go along, or do you find a new job.  It is the way the system works.

Here in Detroit the CEO of GM announced last week that employees would be required to be in the office 3 days a week, and quickly reversed course when she found out how many were going to quit if she did that.

edit - I'm thinking you retired before everyone had a laptop computer on their desk and a company cell phone. Also record keeping is mostly electronic now, so filing cabinets are antiques. Some companies expected their employees to carry the company phone and computer everywhere and be available 24/7. Offices are not the "production lines" they were back in your day.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:35 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

it's not a return to work. They are working right now and are more productive than they were or would be if they were going into an office.

When the management of the company you work for is making an obvious huge mistake do you just go along, or do you find a new job.  It is the way the system works.

Here in Detroit the CEO of GM announced last week that employees would be required to be in the office 3 days a week, and quickly reversed course when she found out how many were going to quit if she did that.
Fire them.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:40 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

it's not a return to work.  They are working right now and are more productive than they were or would be if they were going into an office.

Fire them.  

Either way GM would not be an "employer of choice" and will have problems hiring new people using an antique idea of work. (see the edit I did to my last post)

Only an idiot would fire the highly qualified work force that a company such as GM has spent decades developing over this issue.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:47 pm

Yeah, this idea will probably lead to a big win in November. I can’t wait to see the results.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:49 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

it's not a return to work. They are working right now and are more productive than they were or would be if they were going into an office.

Fire them.

Clearly you've never been in a position to make these types of decisions. Trapper articulated his point perfectly above, but you're also not taking into account the cost of replacing that employee.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:50 pm

PennSpartan wrote:Yeah, this idea will probably lead to a big win in November. I can’t wait to see the results.

Are we voting on...checks notes...people being able to work from home? It wasn't on my ballot.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:Yeah, this idea will probably lead to a big win in November. I can’t wait to see the results.

Are we voting on...checks notes...people being able to work from home? It wasn't on my ballot.
I can’t wait.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:01 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I can’t wait.

I already voted so I guess I'll have to wait.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:24 pm

Bitter old man pissed at life.

Takes it out on whatever class of people he deems inferior.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm

It’s gonna be hilarious watching this bitter boomer blame the people he says are a scant minority on the political scale. He’s a typical old boomer Republican living in fear because life has passed him by.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:04 pm

The same generation that taught us to "follow your dreams" is getting pissed that we want to work from home. I'm sorry Grampa, I'm never going to play in the NBA at this point.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:40 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:The same generation that taught us to "follow your dreams" is getting pissed that we want to work from home. I'm sorry Grampa, I'm never going to play in the NBA at this point.
And I’m sorry loser, but I don’t care if you never get the Healthcare you want. Oh, well.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 pm

You want me in the office and also answering emails,  texts,  whatsapp, and calls 24/7. Either in in the office 8-5 and nothing before or after,  or I don't need to be in an office all that time because I can do everything outside the office with cell reception that I can do in a shity  office setting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:11 pm

InTenSity wrote:You want me in the office and also answering emails,  texts,  whatsapp, and calls 24/7. Either in in the office 8-5 and nothing before or after,  or I don't need to be in an office all that time because I can do everything outside the office with cell reception that I can do in a shity  office setting.
Let me guess. You want full healthcare though, right? LOLOLOLOLOL
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:14 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:You want me in the office and also answering emails,  texts,  whatsapp, and calls 24/7. Either in in the office 8-5 and nothing before or after,  or I don't need to be in an office all that time because I can do everything outside the office with cell reception that I can do in a shity  office setting.
Let me guess. You want full healthcare though,  right?  LOLOLOLOLOL
Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 191237986 Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 2427441217 Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 1558547457

You're a fossil.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:31 pm

InTenSity wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Let me guess. You want full healthcare though,  right?  LOLOLOLOLOL
Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 191237986 Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 2427441217 Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 1558547457

You're a fossil.
And you’re lazy. Sorry, no soup for you!.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:16 pm

Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 Screen13
Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 3 E4163bdf-aec6-4128-9d1f-418b4456a13a_text
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:56 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

You're a fossil.
And you’re lazy.  Sorry, no soup for you!.
I have no idea how you get that conclusion.  I'm on call 24/7 and you can't even work a phone.  Fucking entitled is what you are.  And rqa too.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:49 am

InTenSity wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
And you’re lazy.  Sorry, no soup for you!.
I have no idea how you get that conclusion.  I'm on call 24/7 and you can't even work a phone.  Fucking entitled is what you are.  And rqa too.
Half the problem with this world today is there is little personal communication.  It’s all texting and emailing and voicemail.  You go to a restaurant and you see a group of young people and they are all using their phones instead of talking to one another.  Social media has screwed things up beyond repair.  And then people think working from home is going to help?  If you work for yourself, fine.  But if you work for a company with an office or worksite, that’s where you should be.  What would you think if assembly line workers wanted to work from home?  Or airline workers? Or warehouse workers?  You think I’m entitled?  The people refusing to go back to the office are the entitled ones.  You guys love to bust my balls for being old.  But believe me, the world I grew up in was a hell of a lot better than this shithole the younger generations have created today.  Do what you want, but don’t expect me to support it.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next