Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do y'all think Steve is up to?

+11
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
InTenSity
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
Cameron
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do y'all think Steve is up to? Empty What do y'all think Steve is up to?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-26, 23:05

Steve if you're out there, bro - hope you're well! What do y'all think Steve is up to? 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What do y'all think Steve is up to? Empty Re: What do y'all think Steve is up to?

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-26, 23:31

He’s on TOB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What do y'all think Steve is up to? Empty Re: What do y'all think Steve is up to?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-26, 23:42

tGreenWay wrote:He’s on TOB.

Oh, damn. What a sellout!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-26, 23:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:He’s on TOB.

I’m selling out some, too. I’ve posted over there a few times in the past couple weeks, when this place was dead for hours. Steve tried talking shit but homey don’t play that game.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-27, 00:01

tGreenWay wrote:

I’m selling out some, too. I’ve posted over there a few times in the past couple weeks, when this place was dead for hours. Steve tried talking shit but homey don’t play that game.

way to show some restraint. i used to be bitter and intense about that place, but it's whatever.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 00:06

tGreenWay wrote:

way to show some restraint. i used to be bitter and intense about that place, but it's whatever.

It’s either post there or subscribe to one of the pay websites, and those places sound too serious about the sports. I’m looking for interaction and laughs—which we get in volumes when Swillers are here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-27, 06:43

What are you trying to do, summon him?

What do y'all think Steve is up to? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5o4eq5hti71gio9ram5n6pjl9paj6qhffiqtrvozm&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 08:04

Exchanged some messages with him on TOB after he left, asking him why he left.

He claims he is banned here with a rude message from one of the board members, and he is unhappy about how you guys treated him.

Highly unlikely, IMO, he reads this board anymore.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 08:37

In response to the question posed in the subject of this thread...
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 08:53

Trapper Gus wrote:Exchanged some messages with him on TOB after he left, asking him why he left.

He claims he is banned here with a rude message from one of the board members, and he is unhappy about how you guys treated him.

Always the message board martyr, always playing the victim.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 09:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Exchanged some messages with him on TOB after he left, asking him why he left.

Always the message board martyr, always playing the victim.

Don't wish to address the whatyness of the why (EE Doc Smith concept) regarding Steve and his detractors on this board.

Just passing on the idea that he is unlikely to be on this board, in response to the thread title.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-10-27, 09:04

What do y'all think Steve is up to? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-10-27, 09:09

Do you have to be logged in on the other site to read it? I went over there a couple months ago and again a few weeks ago. Anytime I would try to go to the next page, I would be redirected to the main 247 page, not even the MSU page. I don't really care, just find it funny.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 09:28

I have been reading, and sometimes posting, over there for about a month, and haven't noticed that board behavior, however, much of the time I am logged in.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-10-27, 10:11

I go through phases of posting on RCMB. Like most of us on here, I used to post a ton 10-16 years ago.
I've never had ill will to anyone on these boards.
So godspeed steve, wherever you are.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-27, 10:23

Dendrobates wrote:I go through phases of posting on RCMB. Like most of us on here, I used to post a ton 10-16 years ago.

Trevor always said that board reached it's peak in the late 90s when everyone knew everyone.  I actually think it reached it's prime around 2006-2007 and went downhill from there. Its appeal plummeted when it went to 247. I really haven't even lurked over there since 2015. I wish them all the success they can achieve, but it doesn't fit my needs anymore.

I see Steve on Twitter from time to time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 10:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I go through phases of posting on RCMB. Like most of us on here, I used to post a ton 10-16 years ago.

Trevor always said that board reached it's peak in the late 90s when everyone knew everyone.  I actually think it reached it's prime around 2006-2007 and went downhill from there. Its appeal plummeted when it went to 247. I really haven't even lurked over there since 2015. I wish them all the success they can achieve, but it doesn't fit my needs anymore.

I see Steve on Twitter from time to time.

I would agree with Trevor's assessment.  

When I first started posting there. 1996/97 it was a smaller group, more focused on MSU sports alone, until the "missile defense thread" which caused Trevor to start Wells.  Originally the RCMB was much like this board now.  

Part of the change was due to Trevor moving the board twice.  The 247 move created a totally different board., and there were bunches of complaints from the original posters.

Some of the sport threads which break down how the players are playing, during the week, not on game days, can provide some insight into the details of why things happen the way they do in the games, which is, IMO, its strongest value.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 10:43

The Missile Defense Thread was classic. Ahh, memories.

But I'd agree with Flloyd that it peaked in the mid 2000s. There was a good combo of sports, OT, and general shot talking. The schtick/trolls were there, but not overwhelming. Having said that, I don't think I'd like that as much now that I've come to enjoy such a good atmosphere of a more intimate board here.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 10:50

I didn't enjoy that period but enjoyed the early period.  However, Wells was at its best before 247 so there was that.  I still have issues with shot talking this board included.

I think it was LWS and myself who posted the most in the missile defense thread, which was about the deployment of Reagans Missile Defense System, after Trevor created Wells.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-10-27, 14:53; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment about missile defense thread)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-27, 12:21

Steve is a message board adulterer.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 12:26

I must remind all posters to not use other current or former posters real names, even if said poster stupidly made it their screen name for a period of time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-27, 13:16

guys this thread is about steve not rcmb
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-10-27, 14:11

If steve comes back and starts the game thread, I think we have a chance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 14:17

Trapper Gus wrote:I didn't enjoy that period but enjoyed the early period.  However, Wells was at its best before 247 so there was that.  I still have issues with shot talking this board included.

I think it was Lws and myself who posted the most in the missile defense thread, which was about the deployment of Reagans Missile Defense System, after Trevor created Wells.

What about Boyeeeeeee? Wasn't he all over that thread?

Anyone know what other schtick he became?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 14:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I must remind all posters to not use other current or former posters real names, even if said poster stupidly made it their screen name for a period of time

I will apologize for that; however, I wasn't aware that the name I used was his real-life name, it was the name he was using on TOB when I was having conversations with him there and perhaps, I sort of assumed the second part was just a cute way of creating something more than an initial.  Nor was I aware that we were not to use posters real-life names if they had chosen to use them.  I have no other name for him and can only assume the one assigned is correct. I was sort of thinking that one was the former "World Spartan" from the early days of TOB, but I guess not. I will use it going forward.

Just to be a smart-ass, under what name should I refer to the owner of TOB, maybe just his initials?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 14:57

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I must remind all posters to not use other current or former posters real names, even if said poster stupidly made it their screen name for a period of time

I will apologize for that; however, I wasn't aware that the name I used was his real-life name, it was the name he was using on TOB when I was having conversations with him there and perhaps, I sort of assumed the second part was just a cute way of creating something more than an initial.  Nor was I aware that we were not to use posters real-life names if they had chosen to use them.  I have no other name for him and can only assume the one assigned is correct. I was sort of thinking that one was the former "World Spartan" from the early days of TOB, but I guess not. I will use it going forward.

Just to be a smart-ass, under what name should I refer to the owner of TOB, maybe just his initials?

It’s no problem. What I changed it to is what he changed it to at some point down the line, so let’s just refer to him as that.

I’m trying real hard to avoid pulling a skinner here but I mean everyone probably knows what I’m talking about anyway so it’s mostly futile. Just seems like good policy to avoid calling him that as I don’t think he’d like it. Assuming he’s alive.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 15:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:I didn't enjoy that period but enjoyed the early period.  However, Wells was at its best before 247 so there was that.  I still have issues with shot talking this board included.

I think it was Lws and myself who posted the most in the missile defense thread, which was about the deployment of Reagans Missile Defense System, after Trevor created Wells.

What about Boyeeeeeee? Wasn't he all over that thread?

Anyone know what other schtick he became?

If he was, I don't remember him by that name, or anyone on TOB version 2.0 by that name. spArt might have been, I think and World Spartan. TOB owner made some posts in it as well.

It was in that thread that I learned my vast knowledge /s about kill radii and how the first hydrogen bomb they set off was much larger than they expected due to Li7 converting to Li6 in the blast.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 15:09

Oh sorry I missed the last bit.

Trevor is fine. He goes by his name, and still does. Someone else went by their name, realized it was a bad idea, and changed it to something else. Just respect that and use that name instead of their real one. That’s all.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 15:24

Whatever you say, Travis.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 15:27

Trapper Gus wrote:

TRAVIS wants us to create our own usernames for other current or former posters who choose to use their real names in their usernames. So, instead of Steve, I’ve selected Ladylike McTwatwaffle.

Edit: Seriously? Come on, Heat!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-27, 15:28

Travis, please permaban the next poster to refer to me as Cameron. TIA
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-27, 15:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

TRAVIS wants us to create our own usernames for other current or former posters who choose to use their real names in their usernames. So, instead of Steve, I’ve selected Ladylike McTwatwaffle.

The censorship is outrageous!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 15:32

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The censorship is outrageous!

We must gather together and rage against this machine. And also tickle Heat until he changes his mind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 15:32

Cameron wrote:Travis, please permaban the next poster to refer to me as Cameron. TIA

Will do Cameron

Wait

What do y'all think Steve is up to? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5our2ach2z0sznwks4p9w0orbuxoyehirxazvmmxp&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-27, 15:43

Probably eating steel cut oats.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 15:45

Pretty sure his response to me about Trevor Barnes covers everyone who knowingly choses to use their rea-life name, even Steven for whom this thread is titled, as he still uses the same name on TOB.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 15:49

Okay - because Steve asked ...

Steve wrote:"If Travis can confirm that when I attempt to login it won't route me to a screen calling me a 'douchebag' maybe I'll login but the screen I was sent to didn't have any indication my ban was temporary so I haven't been back. Honestly, I wasn't that upset about it and I took it as a sign I was the 2021 Swill Pick Em champion and someone in charge was just a sore loser. I went on and celebrated my victory. LOL!" You can relay the parts in quotes if you want.

Tell Nigel I said hello as well.

Steve

edit - Good Grief - I feel dirty, like the go between in a fight between a girlfriend and boyfriend.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 15:58

He posted this kind of weird ass ranting (which he did in every thread for like a year with absolutely nothing happening) in a thread about local kids getting murdered and was banned for a few days and never came back. He is not currently banned and can log in if he wants. Whatever man. Hope he’s found peace.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 16:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He posted this kind of weird ass ranting (which he did in every thread for like a year with absolutely nothing happening) in a thread about local kids getting murdered and was banned for a few days and never came back. He is not currently banned and can log in if he wants. Whatever man. Hope he’s found peace.

Okay - I will tell him and I am done with being a go between.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-27, 16:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He posted this kind of weird ass ranting (which he did in every thread for like a year with absolutely nothing happening) in a thread about local kids getting murdered and was banned for a few days and never came back. He is not currently banned and can log in if he wants. Whatever man. Hope he’s found peace.

What do y'all think Steve is up to? 502811600 I like that he gets redirected to a page that calls him a douche bag. That’s pretty good. Though, maybe we could change that to my new name for him: C/u/n/t/y McTwatwaffle.

But truthfully, he’s better off posting elsewhere.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next