Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread

+16
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Turtleneck
aualum06
DWags
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Pervis Muldoon
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-20, 15:09

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Either change the signals or run the plays in with subs ( running back or tight end). Making your QB run a marathon between plays is dumb.

We don't have enough information to make such definitive judgments.
What more do we need to know? The only way our staff could get the play in was to make the QB run between plays. We lost. At home. On Senior Day. To Indiana. Coached by Tom Fucking Allen who forced Tucker's hand.

Grade F-
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-20, 15:33

The guys who want to blame Tucker for everything all the time think that stealing signs (which we don’t know is what was even happening) was definitely all tuckers fault. I mean, guys, at a certain point there are many things to complain about that maybe you should lay off when we’re talking about hypothetical scenarios based only on seeing Thorne run back and forth a couple times
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 16:14

duffy munn wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

What more do we need to know? The only way our staff could get the play in was to make the QB run between plays. We lost. At home. On Senior Day. To Indiana. Coached by Tom Fucking Allen who forced Tucker's hand.

Grade F-

You and I were discussing the way they ran in the play calls. I'd like to know:

If it was Thorne running them in every down.
When the staff decided they couldn't signal.
Which players they considered to run in the plays.
What made them decide to do it that way.

I'm reluctant to engage in the usual fan bitching after losses because it's generally based on ignorance. Like seeing Thorne run back and forth a few times and assuming that he was the only one running in plays. I give credit to Tucker for taking what he felt was a necessary precaution to prevent signal-stealing, but that's it.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-20, 16:56

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Grade F-

You and I were discussing the way they ran in the play calls. I'd like to know:

If it was Thorne running them in every down.
When the staff decided they couldn't signal.
Which players they considered to run in the plays.
What made them decide to do it that way.

I'm reluctant to engage in the usual fan bitching after losses because it's generally based on ignorance. Like seeing Thorne run back and forth a few times and assuming that he was the only one running in plays. I give credit to Tucker for taking what he felt was a necessary precaution to prevent signal-stealing, but that's it.

I don't think we ever run in plays (but, I could be wrong).  I think the players get them from the sideline.  Thorne didn't run over there (or near there) every play.  

Much bigger issues than that.

And I've had it waiting for the Big Ten.  Haller should tell them our guys are playing this week.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-20, 17:11

duffy munn wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Grade F-

We need talent. The FG kicker that can’t make a chip shot fg and the snapper that can’t even snap the ball to the place holder. Nick Saban couldn’t do much better with this squad.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-20, 18:17

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Grade F-

We need talent. The FG kicker that can’t make a chip shot fg and the snapper that can’t even snap the ball to the place holder. Nick Saban couldn’t do much better with this squad.
& Like (at least) 12 guys not playing....

Everyone forgets Snow... he was the #2 Henderson....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-20, 20:05

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Grade F-

I'm reluctant to engage in the usual fan bitching after losses because it's generally based on ignorance.
My criticism here is not about ignorance after a loss Pervis. It's about what I see as Allen out smarting Tucker. And I will go back to the Illinois game, after a win, to further question if Tuck is the right guy. His in game decision are questionable. At best.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-20, 20:16

I think whether the fans like it or not, a fair shake would be another 2 -3 years of Tucker. Especially if the crooting averages 4 stars.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-20, 20:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think whether the fans like it or not, a fair shake would be another 2 -3 years of Tucker. Especially if the crooting averages 4 stars.

No matter what happens, barring a huge scandal, Tucker isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years. We're married to the guy with a really bad prenup. I really, really hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he's the guy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-20, 20:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think whether the fans like it or not, a fair shake would be another 2 -3 years of Tucker. Especially if the crooting averages 4 stars.

Next year will tell us a lot. If next year is like this year, the only way he gets that 3rd year you mentioned is if that 2nd year you mentioned he gets us damn close to a league championship.

That said, while I might wish he changes some assistants I could not care less if he does. His carnival, his rides. If we don’t like it we’ll vote by our attendance
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, Pervis Muldoon and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-20, 20:45

The kicker on year by year expectations is these 4 star guys (he might sign?) arent going to be worth a their shit until what... 2025+? And everyone knows he was shafted in year 1 and 2. Bad Dantonio retirement timing and pandemic.
Isn't that the real judge of a "program"?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 20:46

duffy munn wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I'm reluctant to engage in the usual fan bitching after losses because it's generally based on ignorance.
 My criticism here is not about ignorance after a loss Pervis. It's about what I see as Allen out smarting Tucker. And I will go back to the Illinois game, after a win, to further question if Tuck is the right guy. His in game decision are questionable. At best.

From a hindsight perspective, if the kicker hits a 22-yarder, Tucker outsmarted Allen. So being overly reactionary isn't the way I choose to go.

Last edited by Pervis Muldoon on 2022-11-20, 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-20, 20:54

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
duffy munn wrote: My criticism here is not about ignorance after a loss Pervis. It's about what I see as Allen out smarting Tucker. And I will go back to the Illinois game, after a win, to further question if Tuck is the right guy. His in game decision are questionable. At best.

From a hindsight perspective, if the kicker hits a 22-yarder, Tucker outsmarted Allen. So bring overly reactionary isn't the way I choose to go.
That's true... if that hit we'd be talking about Holiday Baking Championship or the Lions or something.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 20:55

DWags wrote:

Next year will tell us a lot. If next year is like this year, the only way he gets that 3rd year you mentioned is if that 2nd year you mentioned he gets us damn close to a league championship.  

That said, while I might wish he changes some assistants I could not care less if he does. His carnival, his rides. If we don’t like it we’ll vote by our attendance

I'm completely with you on the assistants. Personnel decisions belong to the head coach. The worst thing about football coaching is the job titles. Basketball doesn't have a shooting coordinator or a rebounding coach, so fans don't know whose head to call for when the team sucks at any single component.  But in football, if passes are dropped it's the Receivers Coach who needs to go, and if the team gives up 50 point the Defensive Coordinator's house gets a for sale sign planted in the yard.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-20, 20:58

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
duffy munn wrote: My criticism here is not about ignorance after a loss Pervis. It's about what I see as Allen out smarting Tucker. And I will go back to the Illinois game, after a win, to further question if Tuck is the right guy. His in game decision are questionable. At best.

From a hindsight perspective, if the kicker hits a 22-yarder, Tucker outsmarted Allen. So bring overly reactionary isn't the way I choose to go.

Kicker smicker Pervis. If we don't have a kid that can make a 20 yarder that's on the coach.

In hindsight you can't blow a 17 point second half 2nd half lead to IU, coached by Tom Allen, at home.

I think most of my rage here is that we lost to Tom Fucking Allen.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-20, 21:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The guys who want to blame Tucker for everything all the time think that stealing signs (which we don’t know is what was even happening) was definitely all tuckers fault. I mean, guys, at a certain point there are many things to complain about that maybe you should lay off when we’re talking about hypothetical scenarios based only on seeing Thorne run back and forth a couple times

Personally, I blame you, and Pervis will grade you: Fail.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-20, 21:15

duffy munn wrote:

No matter what happens, barring a huge scandal, Tucker isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years. We're married to the guy with a really bad prenup. I really, really hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he's the guy.

Too soon to tell, IMO, and don’t forget—it took George five years to get us to Pasadena. He just had the good sense to say it was a five-year plan at the start of his tenure, which kept a lot of people quiet longer than usual.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-20, 21:19

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Too soon to tell, IMO, and don’t forget—it took George five years to get us to Pasadena. He just had the good sense to say it was a five-year plan at the start of his tenure, which kept a lot of people quiet longer than usual.
I recall calls of FIRE NADDUZZI for the first 2-3 years... that was without a pandemic.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-20, 21:23

Points taken guys but I have some concerns. I feel bad for not abiding by the 24 hour rule
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-11-20, 21:45

duffy munn wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Kicker smicker Pervis. If we don't have a kid that can make a 20 yarder that's on the coach.

In hindsight you can't blow a 17 point second half 2nd half lead to IU, coached by Tom Allen, at home.

Ultimately everything down to the length of the grass is on the coach.

He did bring in a highly rated frosh and a transfer. It's not like he is one of those coaches that treats the position like an afterthought or didn't try to address the position.

Let it out duff
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 21:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I recall calls of FIRE NADDUZZI for the first 2-3 years... that was without a pandemic.

That alone should keep angry Spartan fans in check, but it doesn't. People were furious about the defense, especially over the cushions the defensive backs were giving to the opposing receivers. A couple years later, Narduzzi is the Coordinator of the Year on the strength of the No Fly Zone.  Those same fans continued to demand assistants' heads every time a position group stumbled.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-20, 21:52

Just as an aside: Eddie Murray’s daughter and my daughter were on the spirit squad for four years. He was at most games/tailgates. I asked him if he would ever work with our kickers. He said he’d love to. I have no idea if he’d still be interested in that, but I wish I knew people who could hook both sides up. That couldn’t hurt. He’s not a guy that would make a call but he’d answer one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-11-20, 21:59

DWags wrote:Just as an aside: Eddie Murray’s daughter and my daughter were on the spirit squad for four years. He was at most games/tailgates. I asked him if he would ever work with our kickers. He said he’d love to. I have no idea if he’d still be interested in that, but I wish I knew people who could hook both sides up. That couldn’t hurt. He’s not a guy that would make a call but he’d answer one.

I have no idea what a retired major league slugger could teach our kickers, but it's worth a shot.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-20, 22:03

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Ultimately everything down to the length of the grass is on the coach.

He did bring in a highly rated frosh and a transfer. It's not like he is one of those coaches that treats the position like an afterthought or didn't try to address the position.

Let it out duff

I hear you and I'm trying. Normally my green kool aid flows. I just have a bad feeling about this.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-20, 22:37

DWags wrote:Just as an aside: Eddie Murray’s daughter and my daughter were on the spirit squad for four years. He was at most games/tailgates. I asked him if he would ever work with our kickers. He said he’d love to. I have no idea if he’d still be interested in that, but I wish I knew people who could hook both sides up. That couldn’t hurt. He’s not a guy that would make a call but he’d answer one.

I’ll pass along the message
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-21, 03:48

Jason Hanson is another one who I thought would be a great instructor. He took meticulous notes on every single kick, examined and re-examined his footwork, air temp, wind speed, type of turf, everything. Let’s find out if he has a daughter we could get on the spirit squad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-21, 03:50

duffy munn wrote:Points taken guys but I have some concerns. I feel bad for not abiding by the 24 hour rule

Can’t deny what you’re feeling, and besides, you have valid concerns. But hope is a good thing, and I hope you’re wrong.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-21, 07:08

Just a reminder we had an 11 win season last year. It’s amazing what a difference talent can make.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-21, 08:05

tGreenWay wrote:

Jason Hanson is another one who I thought would be a great instructor. He took meticulous notes on every single kick, examined and re-examined his footwork, air temp, wind speed, type of turf, everything. Let’s find out if he has a daughter we could get on the spirit squad.

Maybe Errol Mann has a granddaughter we could get on the spirit squad
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-21, 08:21

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Maybe you mean Errol Morrall? As one of MSU's great QB's, and a punter, that would make more sense.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-21, 08:51

Is Tom Dempsey still alive?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-21, 10:04

DWags wrote:Is Tom Dempsey still alive?

How bout Chester Marcol?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-21, 10:40

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Damn, that name is a blast from the past.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-21, 10:45

Trapper Gus wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Maybe you mean Errol Morrall? As one of MSU's great QB's, and a punter, that would make more sense.

The other day, I was driving in an area near Ft Lauderdale that I don't usually end up in, and noticed a street names Earl Morrall Pass.

My wife and daughter were kind of freaked out at just how excited I got about that. But I wasnt expecting it at all. Pretty cool. Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread - Page 5 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Trapper Gus and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-21, 10:45

George Blanda.

Could help w/QBs also.

Retired when he was 48. Played 26 seasons.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags, Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-21, 10:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The other day, I was driving in an area near Ft Lauderdale that I don't usually end up in, and noticed a street names Earl Morrall Pass.

My wife and daughter were kind of freaked out at just how excited I got about that. But I wasnt expecting it at all. Pretty cool. Michigan state vs Indiana Game Thread - Page 5 502811600

I knew Earl. My sister was roommates with his daughter Marty at MSU. Good guy and his daughter was hot.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-21, 10:54

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Damn, that name is a blast from the past.

Combined with Herman "Thunder Foot" Weaver made for a great kicking game
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-21, 12:32

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Is Tom Dempsey still alive?

How bout Chester Marcol?

I still remember the Packers were playing Chicago and that was when the Packers completely sucked every year, and they needed a field goal to win the game. Old Chester, got the field goal blocked, it came right back to him, and somehow that slow fucker ran it in for a touchdown to win the game
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-21, 16:13

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

How bout Chester Marcol?

I still remember the Packers were playing Chicago and that was when the Packers completely sucked every year, and they needed a field goal to win the game. Old Chester, got the field goal blocked, it came right back to him, and somehow that slow fucker ran it in for a touchdown to win the game

Was Lynn Dickey the QB and John Brockington the running back?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-21, 16:32

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Was Lynn Dickey the QB and John Brockington the running back?

I think but may be mistaken. MacArthur Lane was in the backfield too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5