Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

+15
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Trapper Gus
aualum06
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  Empty Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:40 pm

And the rivalry will never be the same.

https://twitter.com/realtonygarcia/status/1595485964805324812?s=46&t=tqjRMRh3YvVQgr1iDca8mQ
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  Empty Re: Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:41 pm

[tw]1595485964805324812?s=46&t=tqjRMRh3YvVQgr1iDca8mQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  Empty Re: Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Clowns. Every single person in that waste of space city and school is a clown. Fuck them so hard. When they shit on our locker room again charge them all with destruction of property. When they swear on the sideline hit them with a charge from a 1827 law banning profanity. Whatever there is, charge them with it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, DWags, Pervis Muldoon and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:44 pm

No more fucking quarter when your basketball coach starts swinging. Lol one game suspension? Fuck you. We’re going for prison. This will swing back on that school so fucking hard because they are the ones that show up at every other big ten school acting like they own the place.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:48 pm

I don’t know what to think. I do know Harbaugh wanted this badly. Asking a reporter last year to ask him about the big ten apologizing to him. He’s bitter about being 4-4 and owning the most iconic loss in school history.

He’s changed this game forever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:50 pm

DWags wrote:I don’t know what to think. I do know Harbaugh wanted this badly. Asking a reporter last year to ask him about the big ten apologizing to him. He’s bitter about being 4-4 and owning the most iconic loss in school history.

If the DA there succumbed to any amount of pressure from a goddamn idiot meathead football coach then he should be immediately disbarred.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:52 pm

Not joking. Unless he actually has a case of assault, if this is all just rivalry posturing and most of these charges get dismissed, then he should have his career destroyed due to violating ethics requirements. This had better have absolutely nothing to do with rivalries, for his careers sake.

Hope you get those convictions asshole. And if not, hope it’s worth it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:56 pm

I fully expect Tucker to lift the suspensions on everyone but Crump. If not, fire Mel Tucker.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:57 pm

I can’t recall the last time a sports brawl resulted in charges. I remember Marty McSorley hit a guy in the temple with a hockey stick and there was talks of charging him and I don’t think it ever happened.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:05 pm

fuck them.

I suspect the UM program/team/those involved want this to be settled out of court. Fuck that - go to court. Let's find out what really happened with sworn testimony, evidence, videos, subpoenas, etc.

put this out in the open for everyone to see.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:18 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Not joking. Unless he actually has a case of assault, if this is all just rivalry posturing and most of these charges get dismissed, then he should have his career destroyed due to violating ethics requirements. This had better have absolutely nothing to do with rivalries, for his careers sake.

At this point I don't think it matters whether there are convictions. The damage is done.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Ball in the Big Ten's court now (regarding suspensions). I'm sure their response will be timely.

I'd guess at least 6 will plead no contest and get some kind of probation.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:24 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Not joking. Unless he actually has a case of assault, if this is all just rivalry posturing and most of these charges get dismissed, then he should have his career destroyed due to violating ethics requirements. This had better have absolutely nothing to do with rivalries, for his careers sake.

At this point I don't think it matters whether there are convictions. The damage is done.

For us, maybe. But it matters for his career. He’s not a king that gets to wield power over the law at his will. If he is taking orders from a football coach he needs to be disbarred and removed from office.

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  Fafo-findout
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:32 pm

Let me just get this straight. 6 players only have a misdemeanor charge.1 has no charge. And they’ve been suspended now for 4 games. They can’t be reinstated at this point. Too dangerous to play after 3 1/2 weeks of inactivity. Will all players now be suspended with misdemeanors?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:38 pm

So if this happened on the field, would there be charges? How many times have we seen football brawls where players swing their helmets, and have they ever resulted in charges? What kind of precedent does this set for fighting in sports?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Did they announce charges against the guy that touched tuckers head yet? That is, after all, assault.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:53 pm

DWags wrote:And the rivalry will never be the same.

https://twitter.com/realtonygarcia/status/1595485964805324812?s=46&t=tqjRMRh3YvVQgr1iDca8mQ

Gonna be 60 minutes of unnecessary roughness next fall.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:06 pm

Next trip to Ann Arbor hire the hells angels as security and let them do the dirty work.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Clowns. Every single person in that waste of space city and school is a clown. Fuck them so hard. When they shit on our locker room again charge them all with destruction of property. When they swear on the sideline hit them with a charge from a 1827 law banning profanity. Whatever there is, charge them with it.

I believe the statute of limitations is generally 5 years. Still time to charge Devin Bush and others.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

For us, maybe. But it matters for his career. He’s not a king that gets to wield power over the law at his will. If he is taking orders from a football coach he needs to be disbarred and removed from office.

The narrative is already set regardless of the outcomes of trials. MSU football players are thugs that jumped an innocent U of M player unprovoked.

And I highly doubt the prosecutor will face any consequences or even scrutiny.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:32 pm

Prosecutors rarely do. I should start a fuck prosecutors thread over on tBin, that's a topic ripe for discussion. Prosecutors are mostly bad people. My sister is a prosecutor, and I've always thought she was kind of a bitch.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Other Teams Pursuing That, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:49 pm

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  St,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:56 pm

Next trip to Ann Arbor hire the hells angels as security and let them do the dirty work.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:Next trip to Ann Arbor hire the hells angels as security and let them do the dirty work.

What are we the Rolling Fucking Stones?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:03 pm

MSU allowing this by a joke prosecutor is disgusting
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:04 pm

DWags wrote:I don’t know what to think. I do know Harbaugh wanted this badly. Asking a reporter last year to ask him about the big ten apologizing to him. He’s bitter about being 4-4 and owning the most iconic loss in school history.

If the DA there succumbed to any amount of pressure from a goddamn idiot meathead football coach then he should be immediately disbarred.

The da is a fucking fanboy
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:43 pm

I don't know what to say...

I guess if your head coach is Black you had better be prepared for the racist justice system going after his team.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:15 pm

duffy munn wrote:

The narrative is already set regardless of the outcomes of trials. MSU football players are thugs that jumped an innocent U of M player unprovoked.

And I highly doubt the prosecutor will face any consequences or even scrutiny.

100% this. We blew this from the jump. Never got out in front of it. I don’t know shit about a lot of things but I can tell you if Dantonio Hollis and LAKS were here there would have been a different narrative. Not saying Haller and Tucker don’t learn from this, but in this case it’s way too late.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Seriously, this is wrong on so many levels.

The first one is that UofM is painting a big target on their back. Only the norms of not charging players for what would be chargable actions on any other situation, which UofM has now broken, have kept physical sports from turning into court cases.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:42 pm

I didn't read through the thread, but this sets a crazy precedent. Also, it will come back to haunt UM. Next time Juwan Howard punches another coach, there will be assault charges.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:47 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I didn't read through the thread, but this sets a crazy precedent. Also, it will come back to haunt UM. Next time Juwan Howard punches another coach, there will be assault charges.

As someone pointed out, legally there still could be, as the statute of limitations has not expired.

Tucker probably has dismissed the idea of assault charge for the person "touching" his head, but he doesn't have to, and it might be wise not to.

The question of pressing charges for personal fouls after the whistle is blown or for targeting could now be in play.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I didn't read through the thread, but this sets a crazy precedent. Also, it will come back to haunt UM. Next time Juwan Howard punches another coach, there will be assault charges.

I feel like you read me tweet.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:00 pm

Another thought, once people start to litigate fights between football players is that if a player is hurt during a game via a penalty then the school of the player who comitted the penalty might be sued for lost future earnings...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 pm

6 charges will be dropped, Crump’s will be pleaded down to a fine.

But the point was made.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:6 charges will be dropped, Crump’s will be pleaded down to a fine.

But the point was made.

Fucking prosecutors LOVE to overcharge to get a plea so they don't have to do any actual work. And there is no downside or disincentive for them to do so on literally every case that hits their desk.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:32 pm

In the 2004 South Carolina/Clemson brawl (where a helmet less player was kicked in the head) South Carolina players were suspended for the first game the following season and Clemson was allowed to stagger their suspension throughout the next season and most played in the following seasons opener (A victory over TX A&M). No state player with exception of Crump should have been suspended for more than a game.

But yeah, this better blow back hard on SCum.

Have Lansing police at the ready and handcuff any SCum player who breaks even the most remote law. Preferably in the middle of the game.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron, DWags, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 pm

I hope every player gets a personal foul for unnecessary roughness in the game next year.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 pm

Great, it just on ABC evening national news. Good thing only old geezers watch it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:15 pm

kingstonlake wrote:In the 2004 South Carolina/Clemson brawl (where a helmet less player was kicked in the head) South Carolina players were suspended for the first game the following season and Clemson was allowed to stagger their suspension throughout the next season and most played in the following seasons opener (A victory over TX A&M). No state player with exception of Crump should have been suspended for more than a game.

Have Lansing police at the ready and handcuff any SCum player who breaks even the most remote law. Preferably in the middle of the game.

Was LeGarrette Blount charged after slugging a Boise St player post-game? How about any Miami-FIU players after their crazy fight years ago? No rational DA brings charges because of the terrible precedent this sets, but a corrupted puppet DA certainly would.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:21 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:In the 2004 South Carolina/Clemson brawl (where a helmet less player was kicked in the head) South Carolina players were suspended for the first game the following season and Clemson was allowed to stagger their suspension throughout the next season and most played in the following seasons opener (A victory over TX A&M). No state player with exception of Crump should have been suspended for more than a game.

Was LeGarrette Blount charged after slugging a Boise St player post-game? How about any Miami-FIU players after their crazy fight years ago? No rational DA brings charges because of the terrible precedent this sets, but a corrupted puppet DA certainly would.

Seriously? There are assaults during every play on a football field.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next