Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

+15
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Trapper Gus
aualum06
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-23, 19:25

Cameron wrote:Prosecutors rarely do. I should start a fuck prosecutors thread over on tBin, that's a topic ripe for discussion. Prosecutors are mostly bad people. My sister is a prosecutor, and I've always thought she was kind of a bitch.

My brother is a federal prosecutor who works in drug enforcement. He took my first bag of weed when I was in high school. Leaving what looked like a note from my Dad. I bet he's a bigger dick than your sister is a bitch
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Charges filed against 7 msu football players.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Charges filed against 7 msu football players.

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-23, 19:25

https://twitter.com/gtittle10/status/1595566289027727362?s=46&t=3uETYOX3QHjhzpjMKrvGDg

Last edited by Motown Spartan on 2022-11-23, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Cameron like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-23, 19:26

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Was LeGarrette Blount charged after slugging a Boise St player post-game? How about any Miami-FIU players after their crazy fight years ago? No rational DA brings charges because of the terrible precedent this sets, but a corrupted puppet DA certainly would.

Seriously? There are assaults during every play on a football field.

That is part of the game and also regulated by the rules of the game. We usually give a lot of latitude to players before, during, and after games when it comes to conduct clearly outside the rules of the game or norms of society. In the brawl below, no charges to my knowledge.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-23, 19:35

Gemon Green allegedly had a concussion from the incident but also played in the next game. Harbaugh should be suspended and charged with reckless endangerment or some other trumped up charge.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 20:05

Turtleneck wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Seriously? There are assaults during every play on a football field.

That is part of the game and also regulated by the rules of the game. We usually give a lot of latitude to players before, during, and after games when it comes to conduct clearly outside the rules of the game or norms of society. In the brawl below, no charges to my knowledge.

It was, until UofM decided it wasn't.

Now it is open season on every action in the game which might be considered assault in the real world.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-23, 20:14

All the mouth pieces are now saying (John U Bacon) Oh, no worries they can get the charges expunged. This will be plead down etc.

Man, I pray pray pray, that they don't take a plea. Move the venue, seat a jury, and go to trial.

AnnArbor wants these guys to take a plea now and then they will say, "Yep, they were guilty and new it a plead down".

Fuck all of them over there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-23, 20:15

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It was, until UofM decided it wasn't.

Now it is open season on every action in the game which might be considered assault in the real world.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, that sounds true to me. The precedent is set to file charges.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-23, 20:34

DWags wrote:All the mouth pieces are now saying (John U Bacon) Oh, no worries they can get the charges expunged. This will be plead down etc.

Man, I pray pray pray, that they don't take a plea. Move the venue, seat a jury, and go to trial.

AnnArbor wants these guys to take a plea now and then they will say, "Yep, they were guilty and new it a plead down".

Even if they take to a jury and are found not guilty it won't matter. The goal was to charge them. Nobody is going to pay much attention to anything that happens now and going forward. We are the thugs and they are the victims.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-11-23, 20:40

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:All the mouth pieces are now saying (John U Bacon) Oh, no worries they can get the charges expunged.  This will be plead down etc.  

Man, I pray pray pray, that they don't take a plea.  Move the venue, seat a jury, and go to trial.  

Even if they take to a jury and are found not guilty it won't matter. The goal was to charge them. Nobody is going to pay much attention to anything that happens now and going forward. We are the thugs and they are the victims.
Ok,  great,  going forward any pregame bullshit or after game shenanigans,  we just charge them.  Whether for vandalism or assault,  it no longer matters.  Nationally this doesn't even make anyone care,  only in the backwards Midwest do self righteous fucks care.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-23, 20:53

Cameron wrote:

Fucking prosecutors LOVE to overcharge to get a plea so they don't have to do any actual work.

Yep.

I suspect the UM program/team/those involved want this to be settled out of court.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-23, 20:55

DWags wrote:All the mouth pieces are now saying (John U Bacon) Oh, no worries they can get the charges expunged. This will be plead down etc.

yep.

I suspect the UM program/team/those involved want this to be settled out of court. Fuck that - go to court. Let's find out what really happened with sworn testimony, evidence, videos, subpoenas, etc.

put this out in the open for everyone to see.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-23, 21:09

InTenSity wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Ok,  great,  going forward any pregame bullshit or after game shenanigans,  we just charge them.  Whether for vandalism or assault,  it no longer matters.  Nationally this doesn't even make anyone care,  only in the backwards Midwest do self righteous fucks care.

I probably should not have used "going forward". My point was now that charges have been filed we have lost this battle. Badly.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-23, 21:16

duffy munn wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I probably should not have used "going forward". My point was now that charges have been filed we have lost this battle. Badly.

-48 yards rushing and their fans are a thallus feeling sorry for us like we were for them that day.

Complete ass kicking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-25, 09:11

aualum06 wrote:MSU allowing this by a joke prosecutor is disgusting

Allowing it?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-25, 09:42

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:MSU allowing this by a joke prosecutor is disgusting

Allowing it?

This looks to be one UofM player & family who should be getting better legal advice and one prosecutor who should know better.

There is nothing MSU can do, except retaliate via lawsuits for past UofM digressions or lawsuits going forward, neither of which would be wise.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-25, 10:01

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Allowing it?

This looks to be one UofM player & family who should be getting better legal advice and one prosecutor who should know better.

There is nothing MSU can do, except retaliate via lawsuits for past UofM digressions or lawsuits going forward, neither of which would be wise.

Agree. The best revenge imo is win against UofM.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-25, 10:50

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Agree. The best revenge imo is win against UofM.

329 days.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-25, 10:55

Barely a month until January 7th dwags. And it will be the solemn duty of every Spartan within earshot to get so into juwan Howard’s head that he punches an usher in national tv and we can lock him in ingham county jail with no bail.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-11-25, 12:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Barely a month until January 7th dwags. And it will be the solemn duty of every Spartan within earshot to get so into juwan Howard’s head that he punches an usher in national tv and we can lock him in ingham county jail with no bail.

I’ll do my part
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-11-25, 23:17

I know you guys will murder me for this, but what actually did happen? Do we even know?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-11-25, 23:43

Rocinante wrote:I know you guys will murder me for this, but what actually did happen? Do we even know?

Outside of the videos - no
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-12, 11:06

An assault charge was officially dropped against one Michigan State football player involved in the postgame tunnel incident at Michigan last season.

Defensive end Brandon Wright’s misdemeanor assault charge was dismissed in Ann Arbor’s 15th District Court, court records show. That was the expected outcome after Wright in January entered a pre-plea diversion program.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2023/07/assault-charge-officially-dismissed-against-michigan-state-football-player-from-tunnel-incident.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-07-12, 12:46

The orchestrated event was enough to take multiple players off the team throughout the season. Months later is goes away as quietly as a umaa Co-OC having the FBI raiding his home.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-12, 14:16

UofM is in accreditation trouble, but I'm betting some other school will pay the price.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-12, 15:31

Amazing that what’s his name still has to sit out half the season. And by amazing, I mean ridiculous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2