Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump tax returns. Another leftist dud.

+12
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Cameron
DWags
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
RQA
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. Empty Trump tax returns. Another leftist dud.

Post by RQA 2023-01-09, 09:28

The Trump tax returns have been out there for several days now. Democrats made a big show wheeling them into their meeting room like the Post Office delivering Santa mail in Miracle on 34th Street.

Nothing here about them. Little to nothing on liberal media.

Biggest dud since the Mueller investigation.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. Empty Re: Trump tax returns. Another leftist dud.

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-09, 09:50

RQA wrote:The Trump tax returns have been out there for several days now.   Democrats made a big show wheeling them into their meeting room like the Post Office delivering Santa mail in Miracle on 34th Street.

Nothing here about them.  Little to nothing on liberal media.

The one issue I see with trying to discuss this is that these are the tax returns for only a handful of Trump's companies.

Get back to us when you have 100% of the tax returns for all of his companies for the last 20 years like we have for the Clintons.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what-did-we-learn-from-trumps-tax-returns
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. Empty Re: Trump tax returns. Another leftist dud.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-09, 09:57

People don’t generally write “I’m money laundering” on their tax returns. Rqa is correct in the sense that I do not know what some people were hoping for. On the other hand, he is incorrect to be celebrating this as it does not mean that he is not money laundering either. (Or any number of other financial crimes, just an example)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-09, 09:58

these tax returns are a road map to what's wrong with our tax system and what we need to reform that you might not get from some abstract discussion.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-01-09, 12:25

They just helped fulfill his promise. He said he would release them when he wasn't being "audited."
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-01-09, 13:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:People don’t generally write “I’m money laundering” on their tax returns. Rqa is correct in the sense that I do not know what some people were hoping for. On the other hand, he is incorrect to be celebrating this as it does not mean that he is not money laundering either. (Or any number of other financial crimes, just an example)
Yeah, I don't think it was ever about financial crimes. If he was stupid enough to put that on his tax return, then the IRS would have already flagged that.

I've only seen a couple of things about it, but it sure seems like it exposed some lies of his. Doesn't it indicate that he DID NOT give his Presidential Salary to salary like he promised, and like his minions had been crowing about? Doesn't it show his bank account in China, which he had said was closed before he ran for president? I mean, considering how much he tried to tie Biden to China, what does this say? I know it doesn't seem significant after 50,000+ other lies, but considering that these two points were things that he and his supporters were clinging to for the last 7 years, it is relevant.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-09, 13:37

Trapper Gus wrote:

Get back to us when you have 100% of the tax returns for all of his companies for the last 20 years

The proper government agency has them just like they have yours and they have mine.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-09, 13:39

Trapper Gus wrote:
these tax returns are a road map to what's wrong with our tax system and what we need to reform that you might not get from some abstract discussion.

You can say that about anybody's tax returns.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-09, 13:41

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Get back to us when you have 100% of the tax returns for all of his companies for the last 20 years

The proper government agency has them just like they have yours and they have mine.  

The same government agency that was giving Trump preferential treatment by not pursuing mandatory audits on a timely basis during his presidency?

Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. 2803167989 Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. 2803167989
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-09, 14:04

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:People don’t generally write “I’m money laundering” on their tax returns. Rqa is correct in the sense that I do not know what some people were hoping for. On the other hand, he is incorrect to be celebrating this as it does not mean that he is not money laundering either. (Or any number of other financial crimes, just an example)
Yeah, I don't think it was ever about financial crimes. If he was stupid enough to put that on his tax return, then the IRS would have already flagged that.

I've only seen a couple of things about it, but it sure seems like it exposed some lies of his. Doesn't it indicate that he DID NOT give his Presidential Salary to salary like he promised, and like his minions had been crowing about? Doesn't it show his bank account in China, which he had said was closed before he ran for president? I mean, considering how much he tried to tie Biden to China, what does this say? I know it doesn't seem significant after 50,000+ other lies, but considering that these two points were things that he and his supporters were clinging to for the last 7 years, it is relevant.

Yeah, there was embarrassing stuff for sure. I can see why he didn’t want these things to get out- but I do think that some people thought it was like some kind of holy grail for crimes or something, just got out a bit over their skis on expectations
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-09, 14:22

RQA wrote:The Trump tax returns have been out there for several days now. Democrats made a big show wheeling them into their meeting room like the Post Office delivering Santa mail in Miracle on 34th Street.

Nothing here about them. Little to nothing on liberal media.

Among other things that we can consider duds is RQA’s sex life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-09, 14:24

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You can say that about anybody's tax returns.

Really? Yours? Did you also have no income tax 11/18 years?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-09, 14:54

I don’t know to me they just prove he’s a liar, like we needed proof anyway. But I’ve come to realize that the people that support Trump like.RQA don’t really care if he lies or not it’s more about the people that support him and their character then it is about anything else.

I was always uncomfortable with making anybody release their taxes to the public even if you are a president. And I really didn’t follow this very closely. but didn’t they say they couldn’t find where he donated his money that he told the American public he was? Wasn’t he supposed to donate all of his salary and not get a penny? And frankly, I don’t think he should have donated his money or his salary. But again, it just reinforces who he is ,

If I’m wrong about that, I apologize. But it seems to me the very little time I gave this, I was watching on TV or some talking head was saying they couldn’t find any donation that matches the salary. He claims to donate back to the American people. and again, I could really care less about it other than laughing at him, being a liar, and the American people who support them by in large are huge liars themselves. One of the reasons why our country sucks so much were full of liars.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-01-09, 15:43

I'm not even remotely prepared to concede the point that there is nothing noteworthy about Trump's tax returns. It is prudent to allow some time for Trump's deliberately opaque taxes to be sorted through, and I imagine each thread that one might wish to tug on might require some unravelling.

"OMG, it's been a week and he's not in prison yet, liberals are so stupid!" Slow your roll, big guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-09, 16:24

Cameron wrote:I'm not even remotely prepared to concede the point that there is nothing noteworthy about Trump's tax returns. It is prudent to allow some time for Trump's deliberately opaque taxes to be sorted through, and I imagine each thread that one might wish to tug on might require some unravelling.

How much time do you need? A week? Month? Year?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-09, 16:25

Turtleneck wrote:

There's low hanging fruit here but I will leave it alone for now. Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. 1494614055
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-01-09, 16:27

RQA wrote:
Cameron wrote:I'm not even remotely prepared to concede the point that there is nothing noteworthy about Trump's tax returns. It is prudent to allow some time for Trump's deliberately opaque taxes to be sorted through, and I imagine each thread that one might wish to tug on might require some unravelling.

Let's give it a month.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-09, 16:30

RQA wrote:

Should we wait while you make the argument that Trump is totally on the up and up?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-09, 16:54

RQA wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

There's low hanging fruit here but I will leave it alone for now. Trump tax returns.   Another leftist dud. 1494614055

Is this a reference to your testicles?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-09, 16:55

Donald J Trump is just as honest as The Swill’s Russian Quisling Agent and both are admirers of Vladimir Putin.

Coincidence?  I think not.

What Trump’s tax returns exposed the fact people within the IRS were letting things slide on the mandatory audits of sitting Presidents for two of his 4 years in office and confirmed he was lying about adits for close to a decade.

I believe the FoxNews alcolytes call that “Alternative Truth”.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-01-09, 21:32

We’ve known with relative certainty for a while that he routinely inflated his assets to lenders and devalued them to the IRS. He’s almost certainly guilty of tax fraud but intent is hard to prove. As always, when he said “everybody rich takes advantage of the system” in the debates, he was right, but he does it uniquely stupidly and obviously.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-10, 01:59

I’m just going to leave this here:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/politics/trump-organization-fraud-trial-verdict/index.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-10, 02:05

And-oh-by-the-way, this too:

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/18/1117948260/allen-weisselberg-trump-employee-pleads-guilty-felony

Donald Trump •is• the Trump Organization, and the Organization is both proven and by admission dirty.
The fish rots from the head down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-10, 07:57

Turtleneck wrote:
RQA wrote:

Is this a reference to your testicles?

You mean yours haven't descended yet?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-10, 07:58

Trump's tax lawyers, when his team of accountants for his 400 plus companies probably numbers in the 100's, complaining to the IRS that they had increased the IRS auditing team for Trump's tax returns by 300% when the IRS assigned two more auditors to the one auditor who had been assigned is the funniest joke of this so far.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-10, 08:01

tGreenWay wrote:I’m just going to leave this here:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/politics/trump-organization-fraud-trial-verdict/index.html

From your link: Donald Trump and his family were not charged in this case

Donald Trump and his family were not charged in this case
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-10, 08:28

Trump tax returns proved he’s not the brilliant businessman nor as rich as he’s claimed for over two decades. A fraud.

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-edit-trump-taxes-20230109-aghxqcvsj5brlj3tcg3ircplmy-story.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-10, 08:59

Threats that they will retaliate and publish the returns of Joe Biden or Barack Obama or the Clintons are hollow. All those documents have long been public, as have those of both Bushes and Ronald Reagan, as have the returns of every president and candidate going back to Nixon’s time.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-10, 09:03

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump tax returns proved he’s not the brilliant businessman nor as rich as he’s claimed for over two decades. A fraud.

That's it? After 6 years of whining that we must see Trump's tax returns, that's the best you got from it? No criminal charges? No jail time?

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-10, 09:05

Trapper Gus wrote:
Threats that they will retaliate and publish the returns of Joe Biden or Barack Obama or the Clintons are hollow. All those documents have long been public, as have those of both Bushes and Ronald Reagan, as have the returns of every president and candidate going back to Nixon’s time.

Have never understood the obsession about tax returns. We have an agency charged with assuring that those returns are complete and accurate. Why do you need to see them?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-10, 09:09

RQA wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Trump tax returns proved he’s not the brilliant businessman nor as rich as he’s claimed for over two decades. A fraud.

That's it? After 6 years of whining that we must see Trump's tax returns, that's the best you got from it? No criminal charges? No jail time?

This is such a weird take, little man.

Are you saying you don't think Trump had 2 sets of books?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-10, 09:53

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

We have an agency charged with assuring that those returns are complete and accurate.

This is wildly inaccurate.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-10, 10:01

RQA wrote:

Have never understood the obsession about tax returns.   We have an agency charged with assuring that those returns are complete and accurate.   Why do you need to see them?  

That agency has been starved for funds for decades by the Republicans working to destroy its ability to properly tax people like Trump.  As an example of the Republican anti-United States beliefs, the first Bill before the US House, now that the Republicans control the agenda, is to slash and burn the funding for the IRS.

As noted above, the IRS had only one auditor to review Trumps 400 plus company pass through tax return verse the hundreds of accountants Trump had to "hide the winnie".
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-10, 11:24

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Have never understood the obsession about tax returns. We have an agency charged with assuring that those returns are complete and accurate. Why do you need to see them?

Are you OK with Trump defrauding banks by overvaluing assets, and defrauding the US by undervaluing assets (and taking losses)?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-10, 11:37

The Russian Quisling Agent is a big Putin fan so its understandable he doesn't see the big deal about how and where a politicians money comes from.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-10, 11:44

RQA wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m just going to leave this here:

As I said: Trump Organization is Trump. He’s a deadbeat and a maggot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-10, 15:44

tGreenWay wrote:
RQA wrote:

As I said: Trump Organization is Trump. He’s a deadbeat and a maggot.

I'll take "when is a closely held corporation not a closely held corporation for 1000?"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-21, 11:11

Cameron wrote:

Let's give it a month.

Almost two weeks into Cameron's timeline for some shocker from Trump's tax returns.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-21, 11:20

Any insight into why he dropped his lawsuit against the NY AG? Especially since he is on the up and up. Also, how far are you into your timeline for making at least one life long friend? 60 years?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-21, 11:30

Turtleneck wrote:Any insight into why he dropped his lawsuit against the NY AG? Especially since he is on the up and up. Also, how far are you into your timeline for making at least one life long friend? 60 years?

I'm guessing the almost $1 million that he was charged for his lawsuit against Clinton had something to do with it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next