Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+27
steveschneider
Bert Savoy
Cameron
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
TravelinMan
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
gomersbro
Dendrobates
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Nordic
Turtleneck
Pervis Muldoon
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
31 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-24, 08:20

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 E704d910

My friends brother “wrote” this book. My friend sent me this picture in a group chat this morning. I simply replied with “good thing he dumbed it down so Michigan fans could read it” and have not had any responses yet.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser, tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-24, 09:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: was she making a pot for you, too?

I was beginning to wonder if that sailed wide right of the goalposts.

Dude, what a kick-ass year to be a freshman. We demand stories of the 1978-1979 championship season. Well, I demand stories.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-24, 10:07

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I was beginning to wonder if that sailed wide right of the goalposts.

Dude, what a kick-ass year to be a freshman. We demand stories of the 1978-1979 championship season. Well, I demand stories.

Well, there was the 4-game skid and Magic rolling his ankle in the OSU (I think) game and going to the locker-room in the 2nd half and returning.

In Jenison of course the players walked along under the bleachers to go to or return from the lockers and as he returned the people who saw him started cheering until as he came back to the bench the whole place was cheering.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-24, 10:35

Football that fall was great. Basketball was great and because I now know such things I believe that might have been some kind of national championship for the cheer squad.

https://www.wkar.org/sports/2019-02-08/1979-msu-cheerleader-remembers-national-championship?_amp=true
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-24, 11:14

DWags wrote:Football that fall was great. Basketball was great and because I now know such things I believe that might have been some kind of national championship for the cheer squad.

https://www.wkar.org/sports/2019-02-08/1979-msu-cheerleader-remembers-national-championship?_amp=true

Yep, I remember that. Might’ve even been on espn or some other channel. I’m pretty sure I watched it. Or my dementia is kicking in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 11:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, there was the 4-game skid and Magic rolling his ankle in the OSU (I think) game and going to the locker-room in the 2nd half and returning.

In Jenison of course the players walked along under the bleachers to go to or return from the lockers and as he returned the people who saw him started cheering until as he came back to the bench the whole place was cheering.

4 game skid on the road. Road losses to Illinois, Purdue, UM, and Northwestern (blow out) were split by home wins over Indiana and Iowa. 4-4 in the Big Ten to start the season.

Magic hurt his ankle vs. OSU on a Thursday, came back, and MSU won in OT. He sat out a Saturday win over Northwestern, but played on Sunday in a win over preseason #5 Kansas at Jenison.

Went in the same training room when I sprained my ankle playing IM hoops. Did not come back for the 2nd half.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 11:52

duffy munn wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:I thought Haller said last year that Jenison sports would be moved to Breslin in the nearish future? Maybe later this year?

Volley ball has already been moved. Personally I like keeping Jenison viable. Such a great old building. I actually take a walk through a couple times a year and reminisce. I can almost see Magic and Skiles. And hear the crowd. Never have 10004 people been louder.

They used to squeeze in 12,500 for games with UM and ND, before the fire marshal got all scared.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-24, 12:40

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

4 game skid on the road.  Road losses to Illinois, Purdue, UM, and Northwestern (blow out) were split by home wins over Indiana and Iowa.  4-4 in the Big Ten to start the season.

Magic hurt his ankle vs. OSU on a Thursday, came back, and MSU won in OT.  He sat out a Saturday win over Northwestern, but played on Sunday in a win over preseason #5 Kansas at Jenison.  

Went in the same training room when I sprained my ankle playing IM hoops.  Did not come back for the 2nd half.  

That was before they expanded the NCAA and the fear was a 5th loss and MSU was out of the running.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 13:19

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

4 game skid on the road.  Road losses to Illinois, Purdue, UM, and Northwestern (blow out) were split by home wins over Indiana and Iowa.  4-4 in the Big Ten to start the season.

Magic hurt his ankle vs. OSU on a Thursday, came back, and MSU won in OT.  He sat out a Saturday win over Northwestern, but played on Sunday in a win over preseason #5 Kansas at Jenison.  

Went in the same training room when I sprained my ankle playing IM hoops.  Did not come back for the 2nd half.  

That was before they expanded the NCAA and the fear was a 5th loss and MSU was out of the running.

Was a big win for sure.  OSU ended up one game back of MSU in the standings.

MSU, Iowa, and Purdue tied for the Championship at 13-5.

Head to head...MSU was 3-1, Iowa was 2-2, and Purdue was 1-3.
MSU was ranked#4, Iowa was ranked #14, and Purdue was ranked #16 at the end of the season.

40 teams in the tournament at that time.
MSU made the tournament as a 2 seed.
Iowa made the tournament as a 4 seed.
Purdue went to the NIT.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 13:29

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946

[tw]1617944083045187584[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-24, 15:03

Hate to see it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 15:12

Dang. He has a Camaro and a truck. I thought UM wasn't about the transactions?

[ig]CkRl-hGJw-9[/ig]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 18:55

Suspect

Mark Rosen signed five-year extension before firing

Seventy-one days before firing Mark Rosen, Michigan athletics director Warde Manuel signed the veteran volleyball coach to a five-year extension...

But Rosen’s firing on Dec. 20, 2022 went back on that commitment. So far, no reason for that firing is publicly available. In the same FOIA request, the University’s FOIA office told The Daily that no termination letter for Rosen exists.

Offering a letter of termination is standard practice for terminating an employee with cause — especially a coach of 24 years at one of the biggest athletic programs in the NCAA. Manuel’s original statement also fails to give a specific reason for Rosen’s firing.

“Following a thorough review of the program, I have decided that Mark Rosen will not return as our volleyball coach,” Manuel said in the statement when Rosen’s firing was announced. “I want to thank Mark for his 24 years of dedication to the program and to his student-athletes. I wish him success in the future.”
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-25, 02:52

Tony Paul blocked me after he joined my tweet. He didn’t appreciate the Ishbia reference and where his foia lead

[tw]1618040647889608708?s=46&t=XVCMYJhAYoFwoYcdciGfkA[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-25, 07:25

How thin skinned do you have to be to block someone on Twitter?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-25, 08:27

DWags wrote:Tony Paul blocked me after he joined my tweet. He didn’t appreciate the Ishbia reference and where his foia lead

[tw]1618040647889608708?s=46&t=XVCMYJhAYoFwoYcdciGfkA[/tw]

Why is anyone trying to argue that he “retired” and was given a reward for all his great years at UM? He was fired.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-26, 14:33

Nope, no such thing as the blue wall.

[tw]1618636239443480577[/tw]

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-26, 15:13

while I'll never get overly complimentary of anyone associated with UM or the blue wall, Tyrone Wheatley did do this in high school:

But before Wheatley became nationally known for his rare combination of power and speed carrying the football, he was hailed as arguably the most dominant track & field athlete in MHSAA history.

As a junior at Dearborn Heights Robichaud, Wheatley became the first to win four individual events at an MHSAA Finals, finishing first in the long jump, 100 and 200-meter dashes and 110-meter hurdles at the 1990 Lower Peninsula Class B meet.  

he was the state champion in 4 events as a junior.  Shocked

okay.. let's get back to bashing UM and the blue wall.   Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 3493939353

MHSAA archives
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-30, 05:30

Saw a report on WXYZ TV that the Broncos and Harbaugh met again. Seems to be some smoke.

[tw]1619902300641808388[/tw]

#AsTheWolverinesTurn

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-30, 08:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:while I'll never get overly complimentary of anyone associated with UM or the blue wall, Tyrone Wheatley did do this in high school:

But before Wheatley became nationally known for his rare combination of power and speed carrying the football, he was hailed as arguably the most dominant track & field athlete in MHSAA history.

As a junior at Dearborn Heights Robichaud, Wheatley became the first to win four individual events at an MHSAA Finals, finishing first in the long jump, 100 and 200-meter dashes and 110-meter hurdles at the 1990 Lower Peninsula Class B meet.  

okay.. let's get back to bashing UM and the blue wall.   Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 3493939353

MHSAA archives

LP meet. Mix in the UP track and field teams, which practice by running from actual bears and wolves, and he wins nothing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-30, 09:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:Saw a report on WXYZ TV that the Broncos and Harbaugh met again. Seems to be some smoke.

#AsTheWolverinesTurn

Can you imagine if Izzo acted like this after saying he was done with the NBA, or if Mel Tucker took another meeting with an NFL team right after saying he was fully committed to MSU? He would be skewered. If anybody ever doubted the Blue Wall, the past few months have proven it is a very real thing.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2023-01-30, 09:09; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-30, 09:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:while I'll never get overly complimentary of anyone associated with UM or the blue wall, Tyrone Wheatley did do this in high school:

MHSAA archives

Well Bob’s a blue. That sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-30, 09:08

Turtleneck wrote:

MHSAA archives

LP meet. Mix in the UP track and field teams, which practice by running from actual bears and wolves, and he wins nothing.

Sort of wonder how his times compared to the 1990 Lower Peninsula Class A meet.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-30, 09:10

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Have you tried looking on the Internet for those times?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-30, 09:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Don't wonder all that much, just pointing out that Class B competition is not all that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-30, 09:28

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Don't wonder all that much, just pointing out that Class B competition is not all that.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? It looks like we have an MHSAA classist on the board. I have my eye on you, Trapper.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5u3fgvcrqyo771xxiko4qe0g3r80084k8zsqqwivj&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-30, 10:01

I think Charles rogers and TH Ducket still hold state records in two events. The track stuff was brought up about Tyrone Wheatley, because the Free Press writer said he was the greatest athlete ever in Michigan. While I would disagree with that headline, he was a very good athlete.

Gibson, Rick Leach, Brad, van pelt, TJ, Charles, Rogers, Andre Rison, and a ton more than I am forgetting certainly have a claim to the state best athlete ever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-30, 10:17

DWags wrote:I think Charles rogers and TH Ducket still hold state records in two events. The track stuff was brought up about Tyrone Wheatley, because the Free Press writer said he was the greatest athlete ever in Michigan. While I would disagree with that headline, he was a very good athlete.

Gibson, Rick Leach, Brad, van pelt, TJ, Charles, Rogers, Andre Rison, and a ton more than I am forgetting certainly have a claim to the state best athlete ever.

Maybe this guy should be mentioned?

https://laurium.net/History/George_Gipp
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-30, 10:18

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Saw a report on WXYZ TV that the Broncos and Harbaugh met again. Seems to be some smoke.

#AsTheWolverinesTurn

Can you imagine if Izzo acted like this after saying he was done with the NBA, or if Mel Tucker took another meeting with an NFL team right after saying he was fully committed to MSU? He would be skewered. If anybody ever doubted the Blue Wall, the past few months have proven it is a very real thing.

It's just a pissing match at this point.

Warde wants a big buy out, so Harbaugh stops pulling this crap every year (or at least UM gets paid big if he leaves).

Harbaugh wants a low buy out, so he can leave whenever he wants.

What's amazing is UM fans think Warde is the bad guy in this scenario. Harbaugh is a baby.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-31, 16:30

Jimmy losing some bargaining power.

Sean Payton to the Broncos.
Ryans to Texans.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-02, 11:49

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL NET RANKINGS

363 teams eligible for the Tournament.

32 are 0-0 vs. Quad 1 teams.
65 are 0-1 vs. Q1
68 are 0-2 vs. Q1
45 are 0-3 vs. Q1
27 are 0-4 vs. Q1
11 are 0-5 vs. Q1
5 are 0-6 vs. Q1
1 is 0-7 vs. Q1
2 are 0-8 vs. Q1 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 3003718628

(Both 0-8 teams could pick up Q1 wins on the road tonight.)

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-11, 20:11

IU 62
MI 61
F

That's a shame
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-11, 20:25

Nordic wrote:IU 62
MI 61
F

That's a shame

The Washtenaw County prosecutor will be seeking an indictment of the IU basketball team on Monday morning for theft of a win.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-11, 20:26

Turtleneck wrote:
Nordic wrote:IU 62
MI 61
F

That's a shame

The Washtenaw County prosecutor will be seeking an indictment of the IU basketball team on Monday morning for theft of a win.

They probably have a pretty good case. From what I saw, it was a truly awful basketball game.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-11, 20:30

Michigan (14-11, 8-6) fell to 0-4 against teams in the AP Top 25
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-11, 20:45

NigelUno wrote:Michigan (14-11, 8-6) fell to 0-4 against teams in the AP Top 25

Are they pretty much out of tournie?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-11, 21:46

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Michigan (14-11, 8-6) fell to 0-4 against teams in the AP Top 25

Are they pretty much out of tournie?

They were in the Next Four Out before this loss.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-13, 13:26

[tw]1625198449133228034[/tw]

I don't care about Henne (is a douchebag) retiring. What strikes me as odd is that the headline refers to Henne having "multiple super bowl rings" and the fine print says "2 super bowl rings". I think we could all agree that none of us would ever refer to 2 as being multiple. This is pure blue wall crap.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-13, 13:58

2 is definitely multiple bruv.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-13, 14:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:2 is definitely multiple bruv.

It's a couple. No one goes around saying two is multiple unless they're trying to exaggerate. Just saying.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next