Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+41
SpartanInNH
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Toe
Code_Warrior
tGreenWay
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
y2kMgrad
Blanch32
Rod Porkmore
HT
tTito
Ass Dan
CORNER BLITZ
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
75alum
Robert J Sakimano
xsanguine
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
The_Dude
The Pantry
Brock Middlebrook
Heat Miser
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
steveschneider
Rodeo Burger
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
45 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Empty Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Guest 2015-03-22, 17:22

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. LsMQtq6

This thread is FULL of GOLD, well worth the 4 page read.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ot-ncaa-tournament-round-32-day-2-open-thread

Sparty is going to another Final Four. This my be the most difficult time to be a Michigan fan since the 60's.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-22, 17:24

Perhaps we could get some guest commentary from aaamichfan?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-22, 17:43

I had to stop reading. What a pathetic lot of people. I hate the idea that some of them vote.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-03-22, 17:45

Cliffs? Hate the format of that site
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-22, 18:03

I want to hear more about how Izzo manipulates the committee Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-22, 18:12

Tim Wakefield wrote:Cliffs? Hate the format of that site

NCAA absolutely loves MSU hoops ever since Magic. They are the equivalent of Notre Dame football. They could finish .500 on the year and still be ranked in the top 20 and get a 10 seed in the dance.

Michigan state is so lucky it is unreal he draw they got this year. Back to back teams with important players that are injured, number 1 seed already knocked out, and if they win this game hey get another manageable squad. Un-fucking-believable.

I'll bet this guy LOVES him some "fiery" when it's Harblow.
Tbh it works. Izzo has a reputation and knows how to manipulate the committee and nation every year. It even rubs off on refs with all his bitching. I wish Beilein would be more fiery sometimes... but I also like cool calm and collected.

Fuck state. Fuck izzo. Fuck these fucking refs. And fuck UVA for not having a single shooter on their fucking team

Get ready for Michigan state in the final four and everyone talking izzo up like he's some kind of god. How did they get such an easy fucking draw? Un-ucking-believable

With all the 4 stars and 5 stars on his team he better make the sweet 16. If Beilein had Izzo's talent we would be in the final four every year. Coach K and Roy Williams all have 4 times as many national championships as Izzo has and they get the same talent. Do you honestly think Izzo could make Stauskas, Levert, Burke, and Hardaway all 1st/2nd round picks from nowhere. In EL they recruit 5 star guys like Payne, Dawson, and Appling keep them 4 years because they can't develop enough to leave for the NBA. Beilein makes 3 stars into first rounders in 2 years.

Yes, there was a period of time when Tom Izzo was a better coach than John Beilein. That is no longer the case, which is why Michigan has had more recent tournament success, more recent conference titles, and why Beilein is 6-4 against Izzo over the last five regular seasons despite working with far lesser talent. Right now, Beilein is just better.

Thanks Sparty for ruining my bracket and my weekend. Izzo and Bennett just sent basketball back to the dinosaur era with that game. Now we get to hear how great Izzo is the entire week. Just once I would like to see a ref Tee up Izzo for being on the court. Hopefully, this game will give a good reason to implement a 30 second shot clock. Ahhhh!!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-03-22, 18:12

Yes, there was a period of time when Tom Izzo was a better coach than John Beilein. That is no longer the case, which is why Michigan has had more recent tournament success, more recent conference titles, and why Beilein is 6-4 against Izzo over the last five regular seasons despite working with far lesser talent. Right now, Beilein is just better.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-22, 18:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:I want to hear more about how Izzo manipulates the committee Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 502811600

And Hollis....

They've gotten better as the year went on but Maryland, Wisconsin, and Virginia are overrated. Duke, Kentucky, or Arizona would beat them. Luckily for them they got placed in the easiest region for yet another year. It pays to have Hollis on the selection committee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-03-22, 18:16

Some sanity among the idiots
No matter how much we dislike the guy it sounds idiotic to argue his greatness. His team was dialed in from the start of the game and executed his game plan perfectly. If Thrice didn't take a few stupid shots in the last seven minutes this may have been a 15 point win.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-22, 19:03

Honestly, they are some of the most miserable people on the planet.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-22, 19:49

God how I hate them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-22, 20:03

Rocinante wrote:God how I hate them.

I have heard they are ugly.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-22, 20:25

So, we got a lucky draw according to them, yet everyone else in the world thinks we were under-seeded as a 7. And our path is now easier because we just beat the #2 seed and ACC champion. We made our own luck.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-22, 20:44

Rodeo Burger wrote:So, we got a lucky draw according to them, yet everyone else in the world thinks we were under-seeded as a 7. And our path is now easier because we just beat the #2 seed and ACC champion. We made our own luck.

The Only Colors ‏@TheOnlyColors 11m11 minutes ago
Boy the draw *really* opened up for MSU. Only have to play the 2, 3, and probably either the 4 or 5 seed to win the region /Sarcasm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-22, 21:06

Rodeo Burger wrote:So, we got a lucky draw according to them, yet everyone else in the world thinks we were under-seeded as a 7. And our path is now easier because we just beat the #2 seed and ACC champion. We made our own luck.

UofM had an easy draw the year they made it to the finals against Louisville.

Fuck them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-22, 22:33

Bob is gonna light up this thread tomorrow. He hates UM enough for all of us. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-23, 07:38

Cameron wrote:Bob is gonna light up this thread tomorrow. He hates UM enough for all of us. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 502811600
the impact that they've had on my life cannot be described. I will never forget what they've done to me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-23, 09:52

So essentially Izzo is the recipient of favorable reffing, seeding, tourny draw and recruiting. :lolz:

Man their is a lot of stupid in those comments. Like 20 Booby Saks having a discussion.

Last edited by LoneWolfSparty on 2015-03-23, 10:53; edited 1 time in total
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-23, 10:12

They must be pisssed off that we are getting more attention than Jim Harbaugh this week.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-23, 10:18

This guy gets it... if it equals an alternate reality existing only in his own mind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-23, 10:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

This guy gets it... if it equals an alternate reality existing only in his own mind.

Most UM fans are this guy.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Hqdefault
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-23, 10:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Hahaha wow, Izzo flat out outcoached Beilein both games this year.

We destroyed his zone defense and every time he adjusted we adjusted with the better answer.

I do tip the hat to Beilein though, he is pretty classy and he has definitely developed some talent and found a few diamonds in the rough. But no way is he a better coach than Izzo. No WAY.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-23, 20:18

Tim Wakefield wrote:Cliffs? Hate the format of that site

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 502811600 All you need to know.

Sparty is the 1972 Soviet Union basketball team right now.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-23, 20:27

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 1966794946

ThadMattasagoblin wrote:Wow I just looked at the bracket and there's nobody good left in that region. The selection committee definitely threw Izzo a bone trying to get him back to the final four.

michfanisbackagain6060 wrote:Northern Iowa isn't good? Or are you just ignorant?

Gucci Mane wrote:No northern iowa is not good. Just another overated small school.

ghost wrote:Whoever wins this region will get hammered by Duke/Gonzaga/Utah. Committee did a really awful job with this region. Its a complete joke.

ghost, doing work. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 1966794946
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-23, 20:33

GOLD, JERRY, GOLD!

OccaM wrote:Doesn't matter how they did in the season b/c they're still giong to the Sweet 16. Izzo is a great coach. His record speaks for itself even if it's been a little lackluster in the recent 3-4 years.

Pinky wrote:

When did making the Sweet 16 become a huge achievement? MSU is a very experienced team that was ranked #18 in the preseason. They are pretty much right where they're supposed to be.

When Izzo takes the youngest team in the tournament to the finals, let me know.

OccaM wrote:When Beilein takes a team to the NCAA Tournament 17 years in a row, let me know. Izzo has more Sweet 16s than and the same amount of Elite Eights as Beilein has tourney appearances.

MSU is a premier program but they don't recruit quite at the level of Duke, Kansas or Kentucky year in and out. Izzo is a great coach whether we as fans want to admit it or not.

But yeah he's also a whiny bitch.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 1966794946 My God, they're eating themselves. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 1966794946
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-23, 20:53

Louie C wrote:Now all the sparty slappies want the month of March to be called Izzo. WTF? That last time this guy won it all, the schmucks he coaches now hadn't even had their first wet dream yet, but this guy is Mr. March. Please.

Cold War wrote:HARBAUGH

HerbieGreen wrote:How a #7 seed could possibly play the #10 seed, #2 and #3 seed is beyond me.  There should be an investigation.  Lets open the whole book up because I bet when we look back at those 12 other Sweet 16s  we find similar patterns.

Shocked
2Blue4You wrote:Is the Month of Izzo over yet? I live in Michigan so I like seasons, but I much prefer the 11 months of Harbaugh. Hopefully climate change brings on more Harbaugh! and Beilein. Oh well

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Danton10
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-27, 00:43

Here's a SHOCKER~!!!

UPDATE: Drake Harris did not tear hamstring
I sincerely apologize for the scare guys.
Drake Harris did not tear his hamstring. A poster on rivals who is usually reliable, assumed it was torn but the mods are saying he just tweaked it and could be out for the rest of spring practice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-03-27, 08:42

LooseGoose wrote:Here's a SHOCKER~!!!

UPDATE: Drake Harris did not tear hamstring
I sincerely apologize for the scare guys.
Drake Harris did not tear his hamstring. A poster on rivals who is usually reliable, assumed it was torn but the mods are saying he just tweaked it and could be out for the rest of spring practice.

Well that's good news. I want that bitch on the field.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-27, 20:00

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Here's a SHOCKER~!!!

Well that's good news. I want that bitch on the field.

Yup.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-28, 00:39

And after tonight:

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ot-live-ncaa-tournament-thread?page=3#comment-3103853

One of the most pathetic teams ever to make the Elite Eight.

It pays to have an AD on the committee and get into the easiest region every single year.

How do you get a middle of the pack Big 12 team and middle of the pack ACC team in your sweet 16/elite 8. Why are all of the good teams in other regions like Kentucky, Duke, Arizona etc. We all know that if Michigan gets in we'd be placed as the 8 seed next to Kentucky. The media wants Izzo to get back to a final four so much that he's in the nobodies region.

No bowl game.  No Hoops NCAAs.  No Hockey NCAAs.  OSU wins the NC in football.  MSU on their way to a Final Four.

Wow, this Harbaugh guy must be something special because the gods of Michigan sports are extracting a hell of a price.

Louisville will shit the bed on Sunday also. flower Izzo and flower Staee for getting such an easy bracket. Michigan never gets breaks like this.

It's really just dick punches all around these days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-28, 00:42

Lots of tears on tVictards too. Icing. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. 1494614055
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-03-28, 00:55

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Article-2460475-18B8D52700000578-483_634x423
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-28, 00:59

Brock Middlebrook wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. Article-2460475-18B8D52700000578-483_634x423

Hahaha that never gets old.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-28, 01:19

The butthurt induced dumb is strong with this guy:

So does Beilein. The problem is, he develops them so well that the NBA wants them when 2 years earlier, mid-P5 college teams did not even want them.

Izzo on the other hand, has mastered the art of strategically not developing his guys very well.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-28, 03:03

Poor dumb bitches have lost all control in frustration
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-28, 09:31

The Pantry wrote:Poor dumb bitches have lost all control in frustration

At least the ones who frequent messageboards. Sucks to be them.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 09:32

Question, how come those dumb morons weren't melting down over Notre Dame's run? I thought they were bigger 'rivals'.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 09:34

bump...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 10:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump...

How many hours did you spend reading scum message boards this weekend Bob?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 10:23

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump...

How many hours did you spend reading scum message boards this weekend Bob?
the exact same amount of time I spent on MSU message boards..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next