Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

+21
Zurn
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
The Pantry
sεяεηιτλ
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
StylesGShmooth
Turtleneck
Cameron
Rick Saunders
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
RQA
Motown Spartan
25 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by RQA 2023-01-11, 14:06

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You’ve been driving hybrids for 15 years now.

Big difference.

Over the 15 years the anti-electric folk have kept moving the goal posts, sure.

Both of my Escapes would run in electric only mode and the surviving one uses it more than the deer killed one.

Now if Herr RQA would use "BEV's" instead of "EV's" he would be cutting off my claim, but he never has.

My GMC has a battery too! Must be an EV according to Gus. Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 502811600
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by RQA 2023-01-11, 14:11

DWags wrote:Shits happening youngsters. In your life ICE’s will not be made.

Tesla, Edison and electricity into cities. Rockefeller gave everyone reasons why it wouldn’t happen beyond his selfish reason of all the oil contracts. Some huge apartments refused to pull wire. Kept the kerosene burning.

How do the cities look today?

Shits gonna happen. Not in my life, I’m 61, but you pink dicks will see it. You cant stop it. Bring up every reason you want from pollution with battery dumps to anxiety over charging. Its coming. Facts

The facts are that EVs are nothing new, they were around 100 years ago. ICE vehicles were better and have ruled the market ever since.

Despite all the raving about EVs, what have the Swill liberals done? Bob? non-union made ICE. Gus? His hybrid gets busted and what does he buy? A Bronco! And legend in his own mind Pervis? When queried if he drives an EV, his answer? "No".

The government will give you $7500 to buy one and they still can't crack 5% of market share.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-01-11, 14:16

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Over the 15 years the anti-electric folk have kept moving the goal posts, sure.

Both of my Escapes would run in electric only mode and the surviving one uses it more than the deer killed one.

Now if Herr RQA would use "BEV's" instead of "EV's" he would be cutting off my claim, but he never has.

Range anxiety, inoperable charging stations, recharging time…. all of those concerns go out the window if you’ve got an ICE backup.    Apples and crescent wrenches, my friend.

If you only used your vehicle for in-town driving and could charge it overnight in your garage, an EV is objectively the better choice. If your office is behind the wheel and you drive hundreds of miles a day, an ICE vehicle is objectively the better choice.  That's how it is right now. I don't see the ICE vehicle becoming better as a daily driver for in-town commuters, but the EV is improving for long-distance drivers. They both are ready at present, but the future more likely belongs to the EV.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

TravelinMan, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-11, 14:32

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Range anxiety, inoperable charging stations, recharging time…. all of those concerns go out the window if you’ve got an ICE backup.    Apples and crescent wrenches, my friend.

If you only used your vehicle for in-town driving and could charge it overnight in your garage, an EV is objectively the better choice. If your office is behind the wheel and you drive hundreds of miles a day, an ICE vehicle is objectively the better choice.  That's how it is right now. I don't see the ICE vehicle becoming better as a daily driver for in-town commuters, but the EV is improving for long-distance drivers. They both are ready at present, but the future more likely belongs to the EV.

Graph of Average BEV range:

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 3 Screen80
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-11, 14:45

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:Shits happening youngsters. In your life ICE’s will not be made.

Tesla, Edison and electricity into cities. Rockefeller gave everyone reasons why it wouldn’t happen beyond his selfish reason of all the oil contracts. Some huge apartments refused to pull wire. Kept the kerosene burning.

How do the cities look today?  

Shits gonna happen. Not in my life, I’m 61, but you pink dicks will see it.  You cant stop it.  Bring up every reason you want from pollution with battery dumps to anxiety over charging. Its coming. Facts

The facts are that EVs are nothing new, they were around 100 years ago.  ICE vehicles were better and have ruled the market ever since.

Despite all the raving about EVs, what have the Swill liberals done?   Bob?  non-union made ICE.   Gus?  His hybrid gets busted and what does he buy?  A Bronco!  And legend in his own mind Pervis?  When queried if he drives an EV, his answer?  "No".

The government will give you $7500 to buy one and they still can't crack 5% of market share.  

That 5% number looks like it is out of date...

The United States has now crossed 6% in total EV market share, working toward its goal of a 50% share by 2030.

https://electrek.co/2022/10/18/us-electric-vehicle-sales-by-maker-and-ev-model-through-q3-2022/

https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/why-electric-cars-may-soon-flood-the-us-market-a9006292675/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-11, 16:37

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Well...

Range anxiety? - tell that to me when I have 3 miles left according to the trip computer and the nearest gas station is 10 miles away.

inoperable charging stations? - tell that to me when I pull into the gas station only to find that it is closed or out of gas

recharging time - tell that to me when it takes 20 minutes to fill up the gas tank because the pump runs slow.

All true events which have happened, and all due the same issues that electric vehicles have.  If you violate the use case, you get to walk.

Your talking points are all true for any vehicle which runs with a motor.  A bicycle doesn't have those problems, however.

Those are silly comparisons.

Gas station not operable? Drive across the street to the other gas station. Ran it out of gas? Well at least it doesn't need to be towed somewhere to be refueled. Slow pump? That's annoying, and it might take 10-20 minutes to refill. Remind of of how long it takes to recharge an EV under the best of circumstances again?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-11, 21:23

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Well...

Range anxiety? - tell that to me when I have 3 miles left according to the trip computer and the nearest gas station is 10 miles away.

inoperable charging stations? - tell that to me when I pull into the gas station only to find that it is closed or out of gas

recharging time - tell that to me when it takes 20 minutes to fill up the gas tank because the pump runs slow.

All true events which have happened, and all due the same issues that electric vehicles have.  If you violate the use case, you get to walk.

Your talking points are all true for any vehicle which runs with a motor.  A bicycle doesn't have those problems, however.

Gas station not operable?  Drive across the street to the other gas station.  Ran it out of gas?  Well at least it doesn't need to be towed somewhere to be refueled.  Slow pump?  That's annoying, and it might take 10-20 minutes to refill.  Remind of of how long it takes to recharge an EV under the best of circumstances again?

Dude, you live in La La land.  When the sign on the highway says "No Gas for 60 miles" you face similar issues.

Get your ass out of Detroit and off the interstate and go up north.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-11, 22:35

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Gas station not operable?  Drive across the street to the other gas station.  Ran it out of gas?  Well at least it doesn't need to be towed somewhere to be refueled.  Slow pump?  That's annoying, and it might take 10-20 minutes to refill.  Remind of of how long it takes to recharge an EV under the best of circumstances again?

Dude, you live in La La land.  When the sign on the highway says "No Gas for 60 miles" you face similar issues.

I live 30 minutes from the nearest stop light. I understand rural areas.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-11, 23:00

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

The facts are that EVs are nothing new, they were around 100 years ago.  ICE vehicles were better and have ruled the market ever since.

Despite all the raving about EVs, what have the Swill liberals done?   Bob?  non-union made ICE.   Gus?  His hybrid gets busted and what does he buy?  A Bronco!  And legend in his own mind Pervis?  When queried if he drives an EV, his answer?  "No".

That 5% number looks like it is out of date...

The United States has now crossed 6% in total EV market share, working toward its goal of a 50% share by 2030.

https://electrek.co/2022/10/18/us-electric-vehicle-sales-by-maker-and-ev-model-through-q3-2022/

https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/why-electric-cars-may-soon-flood-the-us-market-a9006292675/

It’s gonna happen. Cant stop it. I don’t care what the market share is. They’ll be running. When Samuel Morse put it to practicality in the 1830’s it was still 100 years before it went into most homes.

You cant stop it. It’s coming. Why even argue?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-01-12, 09:27

I don't really care about cars. They are a pain in the ass. If it gets me from where I am to where I want to go that is the car I like. I buy cars that someone else has already paid the premium for... low miles high years, and I drive them until repairs cost me more than payments would on a "new" one. I have four ICE cars in my family. The last one I bought 5 years ago and it is a 2002 with now 75,000 miles on it. It runs great and never needs anything and it happens to be the car I drive to work and back (~16 miles/day) and then maybe occasionally somewhere further. What I should have done, and I sort of knew it at the time and test drove a couple, was bought one of the used first generation Leafs that people were practically giving away at the time but I got nervous about the poor battery etc. But obviously I could plug it in every night and make it 16 miles the next day for years and years no matter how bad that battery was going to get in a decade.

So one barrier for me and others that is going away is the fear factor / psychological component of moving to something we are less familiar and confident with. DWags is right. Get over it.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-12, 09:46

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I live 10 miles from the nearest gas station; thus I always have to be aware of how much gas I have went I am driving home.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-12, 10:14

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I live 10 miles from the nearest gas station; thus I always have to be aware of how much gas I have went I am driving home.

You sound like my wife. "The light hasn't been on that long!" Drives me bananas. I start to get itchy if it gets under a quarter of a tank.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-12, 10:27

Rick Saunders wrote:

I don't really care about cars.  They are a pain in the ass.  If it gets me from where I am to where I want to go that is the car I like.  I buy cars that someone else has already paid the premium for... low miles high years, and I drive them until repairs cost me more than payments would on a "new" one.  I have four ICE cars in my family.  The last one I bought 5  years ago and it is a 2002 with now 75,000 miles on it.  It runs great and never needs anything and it happens to be the car I drive to work and back (~16 miles/day) and then maybe occasionally somewhere further.  What I should have done, and I sort of knew it at the time and test drove a couple, was bought one of the used first generation Leafs that people were practically giving away at the time but I got nervous about the poor battery etc.  But obviously I could plug it in every night and make it 16 miles the next day for years and years no matter how bad that battery was going to get in a decade.

So one barrier for me and others that is going away is the fear factor / psychological component of moving to something we are less familiar and confident with.  DWags is right.  Get over it.

I love cars.  That's my thing.  And I'd love to get an electric vehicle.  I'd love learning all about it.  But I just can't make it make sense to replace any of my current fleet.

Can't replace the family hauler because we do too many long distance trips.  I can't wait for 20-40 minutes to recharge.

Can't replace the off roader because I am NOT getting stuck in the wilderness.  That five gallon jerry can is my life line back to civilization.

Probably can't replace any of the sporty cars because they're just occasional use and I think that would affect the battery and charging.

My truck would be the ideal candidate to be replaced, except for the fact that if I showed up in town with a shiny new $80K electric truck I'd be ostracized.  (My town has a lot of class warfare and hatred for the wealthy.)

As soon as recharging becomes less of an issue, I'm all in on replacing the family hauler.    Or if anything ever happens to my truck I'll just embrace my inner villain, maybe get a monocle and a top hat, and let the haters be damned.  

So TL;DR - no, I don't hate EVs nor am I rooting against them.  Quite the opposite really.  But I also support market driven choice and less governmental regulation and restrictions.  So..... it's complicated.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-12, 10:45

TravelinMan wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

I don't really care about cars.  They are a pain in the ass.  If it gets me from where I am to where I want to go that is the car I like.  I buy cars that someone else has already paid the premium for... low miles high years, and I drive them until repairs cost me more than payments would on a "new" one.  I have four ICE cars in my family.  The last one I bought 5  years ago and it is a 2002 with now 75,000 miles on it.  It runs great and never needs anything and it happens to be the car I drive to work and back (~16 miles/day) and then maybe occasionally somewhere further.  What I should have done, and I sort of knew it at the time and test drove a couple, was bought one of the used first generation Leafs that people were practically giving away at the time but I got nervous about the poor battery etc.  But obviously I could plug it in every night and make it 16 miles the next day for years and years no matter how bad that battery was going to get in a decade.

So one barrier for me and others that is going away is the fear factor / psychological component of moving to something we are less familiar and confident with.  DWags is right.  Get over it.

I love cars.  That's my thing.  And I'd love to get an electric vehicle.  I'd love learning all about it.  But I just can't make it make sense to replace any of my current fleet.

Can't replace the family hauler because we do too many long distance trips.  I can't wait for 20-40 minutes to recharge.

Can't replace the off roader because I am NOT getting stuck in the wilderness.  That five gallon jerry can is my life line back to civilization.

Probably can't replace any of the sporty cars because they're just occasional use and I think that would affect the battery and charging.

My truck would be the ideal candidate to be replaced, except for the fact that if I showed up in town with a shiny new $80K electric truck I'd be ostracized.  (My town has a lot of class warfare and hatred for the wealthy.)

As soon as recharging becomes less of an issue, I'm all in on replacing the family hauler.    Or if anything ever happens to my truck I'll just embrace my inner villain, maybe get a monocle and a top hat, and let the haters be damned.  

So TL;DR - no, I don't hate EVs nor am I rooting against them.  Quite the opposite really.  But I also support market driven choice and less governmental regulation and restrictions.  So..... it's complicated.

The problem with "markets" is they often do not create the best solutions for the population as a total entity.

Diving deeper into that, markets cannot be equitable without laws to control them, even ignoring the negative outcomes they can have for the population as a total entity. Without the sanctity of a "contract" there is way too much friction for a market system to operate in a reasonable way, and the sanctity of contracts only exists because of laws enforced by governments.

Regulations forcing the switch to EV's is one of the situations where the needs of the total entity regarding the climate override the joy of the individual for an ICE vehicle.  

Of course, EV technology is still being developed, and as we have discussed, and I have stated many times, we are still a few years away from the tipping point where EV's become the predominate technology.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-12, 10:53

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

The problem with "markets" is they often do not create the best solutions for the population as a total entity.

Diving deeper into that, markets cannot be equitable without laws to control them, even ignoring the negative outcomes they can have for the population as a total entity. Without the sanctity of a "contract" there is way too much friction for a market system to operate in a reasonable way, and the sanctity of contracts only exists because of laws enforced by governments.

Regulations forcing the switch to EV's is one of the situations where the needs of the total entity regarding the climate override the joy of the individual for an ICE vehicle.  

Of course, EV technology is still being developed, and as we have discussed, and I have stated many times, we are still a few years away from the tipping point where EV's become the predominate technology.

Markets certainly have their issues, but I'd trust them over the government any day.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-12, 14:24

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Markets certainly have their issues, but I'd trust them over the government any day.
Incentives influence EVERY market (you can't name one where it doesn't)... which ironically is ALSO part of the market....

So the financial incentives are pushing toward EVs... hopefully before 80% of Florida has to move back to the midwest cause their town is underwater. Those incentives will give us all of the gains from economies of scale/competitive innovation. THEN you can get an EV for the price of a gas with similar ranges... All good in the hood.

(except for RQA who thinks what's in your driveway today directly relates to your political slant)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-01-13, 07:55

From Slickdeals:
Tesla has dropped the base price of the Tesla Model Y from $65,990 down to $52,990. This price reduction means the Model Y now qualifies for the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit (details here).

Additionally, the base prices of all Tesla vehicles have been reduced. The base Model 3 is now $43,990, which is $3,000 lower than before. The Model 3 Performance is now $53,990, which is $9,000 lower than before, and now qualifies for the tax credit.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 08:44

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

As far as "trusting" either, neither is something that anyone should blindly trust. They are both systems created by people, and are only as "trustworthy" as the people who have power within them.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 08:54

https://interestingengineering.com/transportation/aircore-axial-flux-propulsion-motor

Motor research continues. Worked with a similar design about 10 years ago, so am somewhat skeptical about their "reuse" claims, but a lighter weight traction motor is a improvement in km per kW.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-13, 11:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote: hopefully before 80% of Florida has to move back to the midwest cause their town is underwater.

Real estate values must really be dropping in FL especially along the coasts.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 11:27

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote: hopefully before 80% of Florida has to move back to the midwest cause their town is underwater.

The Republicans will be crying to have seawalls built. "Build That Wall" they will be crying as their land floods.

(Sad thing is that the sea will seep in via the ground, so sea walls will not be effective.)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-13, 11:28

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

The Republicans will be crying to have seawalls built. "Build That Wall" they will be crying as their land floods.

(Sad thing is that the sea will seep in via the ground, so sea walls will not be effective.)

You don't believe that anymore than you believe someone needs a gun for self protection. Come on, Trapper. Do better.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 11:32

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You don't believe that anymore than you believe someone needs a gun for self protection. Come on, Trapper. Do better.

Heckle better.

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/environment/2022-04-16/the-seawalls-in-floridas-future-higher-stronger-and-better-for-marine-life
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-13, 11:33

But the Quisling ain’t moving to Florida because he allegedly lives in MI.

Noticed Stellantis CEO is predicting doom.  Expected from a company that’s woefully behind its competition regarding EV’s.

High costs and plants will close.  Heard the same warnings as vehicle life has kept climbing.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 11:39

GRR Spartan wrote:But the Quisling ain’t moving to Florida because he allegedly lives in MI.

Noticed Stellantis CEO is predicting doom.  Expected from a company that’s woefully behind its competition regarding EV’s.

High costs and plants will close.  Heard the same warnings as vehicle life has kept climbing.

They teach MBA's to manage expectations.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-13, 11:43

RQA wrote:

President Obama is fearful of rising sea levels which is why he bought a multi-million dollar estate in the Midwest away from the rising tides.

Oh wait ...

https://www.homesandgardens.com/news/president-obama-new-house-marthas-vineyard
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-01-13, 11:45

OMG you guys! Obama bought a place on Martha's Vineyard! Climate change must be a hoax!

How fucking dumb are you?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 12:05

RQA wrote:
RQA wrote:

President Obama is fearful of rising sea levels which is why he bought a multi-million dollar estate in the Midwest away from the rising tides.

Oh wait ...

https://www.homesandgardens.com/news/president-obama-new-house-marthas-vineyard

He will sell it before the big melt.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-13, 14:00

Cameron wrote:OMG you guys! Obama bought a place on Martha's Vineyard! Climate change must be a hoax!

Your beef is with AveJoe, not me.

Ave Joe just posted that 80% of FL's population will be under water and implies that a switch to EVs will prevent this. Now THAT is fucking dumb!
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-01-13, 15:04

RQA wrote:
Cameron wrote:OMG you guys! Obama bought a place on Martha's Vineyard! Climate change must be a hoax!

Your beef is with AveJoe, not me.

Ave Joe just posted that 80% of FL's population will be under water and implies that a switch to EVs will prevent this. Now THAT is fucking dumb!

His beef is clearly with you and your non sequitur about Obama. What was your point, other than to distract?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-13, 15:38

Obvious I wasn't being literal. I feel like giving into a troll having to state this.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-13, 15:56

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Obvious I wasn't being literal. I feel like giving into a troll having to state this.

How would I know you weren't being literal? Leftists are projecting that Bidens Delaware home will be under water in 10 years, so how is it far fetched to think what you posted would be literal?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 16:22

RQA wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Obvious I wasn't being literal. I feel like giving into a troll having to state this.

How would I know you weren't being literal? Leftists are projecting that Bidens Delaware home will be under water in 10 years, so how is it far fetched to think what you posted would be literal?

I guess Joe better move that Corvette before then
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-13, 16:25

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1138375_ram-confirms-range-extended-ev-considers-fuel-cell-hd-trucks
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-16, 07:49

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ford-supplier-demos-EV-battery-that-charges-in-18-minutes-with-1000-cycle-longevity.681662.0.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-16, 08:32

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1133367_toyota-will-make-hydrogen-fuel-cell-modules-in-the-us-starting-in-2023

I guess I just wasn't keeping track of this. H2 Fuel Cells make more sense for Class 8 Trucks.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-17, 08:12

https://apnews.com/article/fish-nevada-australia-climate-and-environment-business-95094304dc526fb15fc586d06b118005

The project still faces a significant legal and regulatory challenge in developing a mining operations plan that will provide adequate protection for the endangered Nevada wildflower, Tiehm’s buckwheat.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said in declaring it endangered last year that it is on the brink of extinction and the mining project posed the single biggest threat to its survival.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-17, 09:10

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

If you only used your vehicle for in-town driving and could charge it overnight in your garage, an EV is objectively the better choice. If your office is behind the wheel and you drive hundreds of miles a day, an ICE vehicle is objectively the better choice.  

And so since most people use their car for both in-town driving and at times drive hundreds of miles a day an ICE vehicle remains objectively the better choice, which is why you drive one.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-17, 09:17

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

If you only used your vehicle for in-town driving and could charge it overnight in your garage, an EV is objectively the better choice. If your office is behind the wheel and you drive hundreds of miles a day, an ICE vehicle is objectively the better choice.  

And so since most people use their car for both in-town driving and at times drive hundreds of miles a day an ICE vehicle remains objectively the better choice, which is why you drive one.

We will see the people who can have two vehicles having one of each in the short term, for the lower operating costs of the BEV & social standing. Longer term development of charging infrastructure, which is the issue, not the range of the vehicles, will reduce the range anxiety.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-17, 10:01

For those of you who are "fast car" people.

https://www.autonews.com/cars-concepts/chevy-corvette-e-ray-quickest-vette-yet?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230117&utm_content=hero-headline
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next