Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU -2.5 vs. Rutgers

+7
aualum06
DWags
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
duffy munn
NigelUno
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MSU -2.5 vs. Rutgers - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU -2.5 vs. Rutgers

Post by DWags Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:35 am

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Any reason for the press when we were up by 12 with 45 seconds left? Although it was a beautiful 3 made in those last few seconds as kind of a fuck you for doing it.

Thought is was a little odd and borderline bush league. But that appears to be their MO, gritty D/rebounding team. Coach is obv trying establish that in their DNA. At least they don't foul.

Frankly, I don't have an issue with Michigan doing that shit either. Play the game. However, Michigan is the type of team that bitches about you still playing when they're doing it. I guarantee you had Michigan been pressing and we hit that 3 to go up 16, they would have said it was a "bush league 3". If you want to play to the buzzer, let the other team do the same and deal with whatever may come of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:41 am

InTenSity wrote:Any reason for the press when we were up by 12 with 45 seconds left? Although it was a beautiful 3 made in those last few seconds as kind of a fuck you for doing it.

If they run that D all game long, then staying in what is their base D seems okay.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:24 am

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Thought is was a little odd and borderline bush league. But that appears to be their MO, gritty D/rebounding team. Coach is obv trying establish that in their DNA. At least they don't foul.

Frankly, I don't have an issue with Michigan doing that shit either. Play the game. However, Michigan is the type of team that bitches about you still playing when they're doing it. I guarantee you had Michigan been pressing and we hit that 3 to go up 16, they would have said it was a "bush league 3". If you want to play to the buzzer, let the other team do the same and deal with whatever may come of it.

If we had put some bench guys in, and they were pressing...there may have been some punches thrown in the hand shake line.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:34 am

Great team win. 4 starters make 3 3s, and a FR off the bench gets a double/double.

Not going to lose games when you shoot 50%+ from 3.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:44 am

Hoggard hitting 3's is huge. I know he doesn't like taking them, but if he can develop that shot, it makes us that much more dangerous.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:09 am

InTenSity wrote:Hoggard hitting 3's is huge. I know he doesn't like taking them, but if he can develop that shot, it makes us that much more dangerous.

For sure. It will help immensely in getting bigs open on pick and rolls.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:53 pm

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Hoggard hitting 3's is huge. I know he doesn't like taking them, but if he can develop that shot, it makes us that much more dangerous.

For sure. It will help immensely in getting bigs open on pick and rolls.

It’s funny, we are the exact opposite of Purdue. We need our guards to hit some threes so we can open it up for our big men. Purdue has a big man and he absolutely opens it up for their guards because you have to double him. Frankly, I think it’s easier the way Purdue does it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2