Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

97.1 the ticket - Valenti w/ Rico

+9
InTenSity
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
ADedicatedSpartan
13 posters

Go down

97.1 the ticket - Valenti w/ Rico Empty 97.1 the ticket - Valenti w/ Rico

Post by ADedicatedSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:19

I haven't been listening to Valenti with Rico last week or the week before. I don't know if you guys listen to it or not. It seems like they always talk about the Lions. Monday it was Lions and Goff. Tuesday it was the same thing. It seems like that is the show now.  Lions, Lions, Lions, and the first half hour talk about some stupid off-topic, or useless sports topic that no one cares about. I think they should rename the show to the Detroit Lions football show with Valenti and Rico.

Have they in the last maybe two weeks for more than a segment or two talked about Michigan or Michigan State Basketball or any college basketball at all? It really seems like this week can be a good week to talk about it. Michigan has to get two wins to get into the tournament and Michigan State is looking better and better. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting them to cover it but it would be nice.

The reason I turn it off usually is because I'm tired of hearing the same Lions crap over and over again. The stuff they talk about with the Lions is repeated there is nothing new. If there was something new about the Lions I'll understand but there is nothing new. It's the same thing every day. They are the only sports station in Metro Detroit. The show won't lose listeners if they talk about college basketball for a day or even for a day in a half.
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

97.1 the ticket - Valenti w/ Rico Empty Re: 97.1 the ticket - Valenti w/ Rico

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:20

Hi Steve
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

duffy munn and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:Hi Steve

Yep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by ADedicatedSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:23

Who is Steve?
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:30

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:I haven't been listening to Valenti with Rico last week or the week before. I don't know if you guys listen to it or not. It seems like they always talk about the Lions. Monday it was Lions and Goff. Tuesday it was the same thing. It seems like that is the show now.  Lions, Lions, Lions, and the first half hour talk about some stupid off-topic, or useless sports topic that no one cares about. I think they should rename the show to the Detroit Lions football show with Valenti and Rico.

Have they in the last maybe two weeks for more than a segment or two talked about Michigan or Michigan State Basketball or any college basketball at all? It really seems like this week can be a good week to talk about it. Michigan has to get two wins to get into the tournament and Michigan State is looking better and better. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting them to cover it but it would be nice.

The reason I turn it off usually is because I'm tired of hearing the same Lions crap over and over again. The stuff they talk about with the Lions is repeated there is nothing new. If there was something new about the Lions I'll understand but there is nothing new. It's the same thing every day. They are the only sports station in Metro Detroit. The show won't lose listeners if they talk about college basketball for a day or even for a day in a half.

This is a pretty tired topic; however the facts are, and Mike tells people this on the show, they talk about what creates call traffic and ratings, and college basketball doesn't do that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADedicatedSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:34

Trapper Gus wrote:
ADedicatedSpartan wrote:I haven't been listening to Valenti with Rico last week or the week before. I don't know if you guys listen to it or not. It seems like they always talk about the Lions. Monday it was Lions and Goff. Tuesday it was the same thing. It seems like that is the show now.  Lions, Lions, Lions, and the first half hour talk about some stupid off-topic, or useless sports topic that no one cares about. I think they should rename the show to the Detroit Lions football show with Valenti and Rico.

This is a pretty tired topic; however the facts are, and Mike tells people this on the show, they talk about what creates call traffic and ratings, and college basketball doesn't do that.

Yes, but they are the only sports radio station in Detroit (the reason why they're the number 1 sports station in Detroit)  they won't lose ratings. It would be nice for maybe two hours if they can ignore that and we can have their opinions. Also, it is how you promote the topic. If they wanted to they can get the callers. They did it before they can do it again. To me, the show has become lazy and stale.
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:37

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Yes, but they are the only sports radio station in Detroit (the reason why they're the number 1 sports station in Detroit) they won't lose ratings. It would be nice for maybe two hours if they can ignore that and we can have their opinions. Also, it is how you promote the topic. If they wanted to they can get the callers. They did it before they can do it again. to me the show has become lazy and stale.

You can probably find this topic ad Infinium on TOB, and on Mike's show. 97.1 the ticket - Valenti w/ Rico 2599972566
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:41

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Yes, but they are the only sports radio station in Detroit (the reason why they're the number 1 sports station in Detroit)  they won't lose ratings. It would be nice for maybe two hours if they can ignore that and we can have their opinions. Also, it is how you promote the topic. If they wanted to they can get the callers. They did it before they can do it again. To me, the show has become lazy and stale.

Why wouldn't they lose ratings? Just like you turn it off, other people can, too. People aren't forced to listen to it and there are countless alternatives such as podcasts, youtube, SiriusXM, and traditional sports radio stations that broadcast online. I'm sure some Dedicated Spartans even tune in from New York, and then turn it off because it is all Lions talk.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ADedicatedSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
ADedicatedSpartan wrote:

Why wouldn't they lose ratings? Just like you turn it off, other people can, too. People aren't forced to listen to it and there are countless alternatives such as podcasts, youtube, SiriusXM, and traditional sports radio stations that broadcast online. I'm sure some Dedicated Spartans even tune in from New York, and then turn it off because it is all Lions talk.

Okay well, I just thought they could talk about something else for a change. I guess I'm wrong and you guys don't want that. I'll just turn the show off when I hear the same Lions crap most of the time. They use to cover more topics before they were the only sports station in Detroit. Oh well.
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:46

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Okay well, I just thought they could talk about something else for a change. I guess I'm wrong and you guys don't want that. I'll just turn the show off when I hear the same Lions crap most of the time. They use to cover more topics before they were the only sports station in Detroit. Oh well.

I don't listen to them, so it doesn't bother me at all one way or the other. Surely there are other local sports talk shows, it is a popular format after all, and there are probably national shows you can listen to also.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:53

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that it isn't a matter of not wanting them to talk about other things, it's a matter of either a) Understanding why they mostly talk about the Lions, and b) Not really giving a fuck because we don't listen anyway.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:55

What are your thoughts on Syracuse's chances in the ACC tourney?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

MiamiSpartan and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 11:56

Think I'll ask McDonald's why they don't serve pizza Razz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 12:01

If only there were a call in based radio show where a listener could call in and talk about a different topic thereby letting them know that other topics should be encouraged.

Alas, a guy can dream.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 12:04

kingstonlake wrote:Think I'll ask McDonald's why they don't serve pizza Razz

I guessing they probably test marketed the idea somewhere. 44 years ago, in Minneapolis they test marketed something called the McFeast, which was a copy of Burger King's whopper, it was good, but it never went national.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ADedicatedSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 12:11

They do discuss stuff like that in the first half hour
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 12:33

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:
Who is Steve?

Hi Napster
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 12:38

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:

Yesterday in the first hour they discussed NFL free agency and franchise tags since they were beginning yesterday. They had a great topic where they weighed the pros and cons of getting a deal done for Goff right now because once Burrow and Herbert sign the roof is gonna blow on QB contracts. It was a great topic.

Far better than SCums big tilt with Rutgers tomorrow.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 13:10

If they aren't talking about Brady to the Fins I don't wanna listen!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 13:12

Next on Valenti...

Could Caitlin Clark beat some message board dude at basketball?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ADedicatedSpartan Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 13:24

kingstonlake wrote:
ADedicatedSpartan wrote:

Yesterday in the first hour they discussed NFL free agency and franchise tags since they were beginning yesterday. They had a great topic where they weighed the pros and cons of getting a deal done for Goff right now because once Burrow and Herbert sign the roof is gonna blow on QB contracts. It was a great topic.

Which is the same thing they talk about every single day instead of the first hour.

As I said in my other post. I was wrong. I guess people want to listen to Lions, Lions, Lions. Go ahead I just keep not listening.
ADedicatedSpartan
ADedicatedSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 13:37

ADedicatedSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Which is the same thing they talk about every single day instead of the first hour.

As I said in my other post. I was wrong. I guess people want to listen to Lions, Lions, Lions. Go ahead I just keep not listening.

I'd love to hear more college basketball, college hockey, horse racing, golf, etc. But it doesn't drive traffic. And if they start dedicating segments to topics no one calls in on or tunes out, ad dollars and ratings will evaporate. What we want to hear and what pays the bills at 97.1 aren't always the same.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 8 Mar 2023 - 14:28

So what is the Lions talk?

Keep the pick? Draft a QB? Get a defensive player?

Or trade back a few spots to some team desperate to grab Richardson or the QB from Kentucky?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:33

I have not read the articles or heard the comments, but according to some headlines, Valenti said something "disturbing" about UM. I don't know if it is sensitive Wolverines or if he said something terrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:38

Turtleneck wrote:I have not read the articles or heard the comments, but according to some headlines, Valenti said something "disturbing" about UM. I don't know if it is sensitive Wolverines or if he said something terrible.

He said something like umaa fans shouldn’t be in SS the night of the game and if they are, don’t be surprised when they’re pelted with batteries.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:41

Valenti is not paid to share his opinion or for his expertise on sports. He is paid to have people tune into 97.1 the ticket.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:54

Turtleneck wrote:I have not read the articles or heard the comments, but according to some headlines, Valenti said something "disturbing" about UM. I don't know if it is sensitive Wolverines or if he said something terrible.

So he said there could be violence at the game so don’t bring family or wear uofm stuff.

But then some lady on twit who evidently does a uofm podcast with 18k following created a burner account and pretended it was an msu fan. She then threatened herself with said account. Said he was gonna bash her brains out if she comes to EL. She blamed the violent behavior on Valentin’s words. But she was found out.

Hilarity ensued. She’s obviously psychotic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 12:10

DWags wrote:

So he said there could be violence at the game so don’t bring family or wear uofm stuff.

But then some lady on twit who evidently does a uofm podcast with 18k following created a burner account and pretended it was an msu fan.  She then threatened herself with said account. Said he was gonna bash her brains out if she comes to EL.  She blamed the violent behavior on Valentin’s words.  But she was found out.  

Hilarity ensued.    She’s obviously psychotic.

This seems to be TOB's take on the whole thing.

Translating, Mike said that UofM fans really shouldn't expect a warm welcome at Spartan Stadum, but that is all is response to UofM trying to weasel out of playing MSU because they think the rivalry is "too heated".

Seriously, not sure I have ever seen anything physical off the field at all. Even the tunnel fight was started by the UofM players, so if UofM players and fans can "check themselves" don't see the issues.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 14:41

DWags wrote:

But then some lady on twit who evidently does a uofm podcast with 18k following created a burner account and pretended it was an msu fan. She then threatened herself with said account. Said he was gonna bash her brains out if she comes to EL. She blamed the violent behavior on Valentin’s words. But she was found out.

WTF. UM fans are the worst.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 15:01

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

But then some lady on twit who evidently does a uofm podcast with 18k following created a burner account and pretended it was an msu fan.  She then threatened herself with said account. Said he was gonna bash her brains out if she comes to EL.  She blamed the violent behavior on Valentin’s words.  But she was found out.  

Hilarity ensued.    She’s obviously psychotic.

WTF. UM fans are the worst.
We should pelt them with batteries.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 15:08

DWags wrote:

Whoa. Shocked
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 15:10

She got found out in the stupidest way possible. She took a screenshot of the “profile” to try to make some point that it’s a bad bad msu fan. But it has a link for “edit profile” that only exists if you’re looking at your own profile.

Basically she’s a dipshit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 28 Jul 2023 - 18:04

Foam batteries perhaps, something that won't bruise physically.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down