Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old man yelling at cloud. The problem with our society.

+3
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Old man yelling at cloud.   The problem with our society.  Empty Old man yelling at cloud. The problem with our society.

Post by DWags 3/15/2023, 8:48 am

Read the responses to this post. How many kids think this isn’t t a big deal. God we suck.

[tw]1635537697040130048?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Old man yelling at cloud.   The problem with our society.  Empty Re: Old man yelling at cloud. The problem with our society.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 3/15/2023, 10:02 am

ugh - I watched the video. Can't bring myself to read the comments.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Old man yelling at cloud.   The problem with our society.  Empty Re: Old man yelling at cloud. The problem with our society.

Post by DWags 3/15/2023, 10:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ugh - I watched the video. Can't bring myself to read the comments.

A lot are saying, “what’s the big deal”. Really sickening
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 3/15/2023, 10:41 am

I'm not saying it's not a big deal, but does the kid deserved to be doxxed and does his dad deserve to have people come after him?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 3/15/2023, 11:43 am

DWags, another old guy here.

I think it’s a confluence of people seeing public people like politicians, TV commentators and others media say and do things that are no longer considered to be off limits along with social media video showing individuals acting poorly. People like the kid thinks he can do damned near anything to anybody.

You and I think he should know better but he sure as hell doesn’t.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 3/15/2023, 12:48 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:I'm not saying it's not a big deal, but does the kid deserved to be doxxed and does his dad deserve to have people come after him?

No. But some of the kids that have a moment to think about it and still don’t think it’s a big deal to get more scorn than the drunk kid that push the wheelchair down the stairs. By the way, those wheelchairs aren’t cheap. Yes, the kid was drunk and did it foolishly. He should have a chance to quietly make amends. But, we don’t live in that society. If he was just a normal non-hockey player, he would’ve been found out and made to pay for his mistake. Because he comes from a famous family he’s getting it worse . And his dad certainly had nothing to do with that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 3/15/2023, 1:12 pm

This shit isn't new to our society. Cameras everywhere to catch douchebags doing these things are.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 3/15/2023, 2:04 pm

Heat Miser wrote:This shit isn't new to our society. Cameras everywhere to catch douchebags doing these things are.

Old man yelling at cloud.   The problem with our society.  1486952199
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 3/15/2023, 4:46 pm

Back story on the perpetrator;

He’s Carson Briere, 23 son of interim Philadelphia Flyers GM Danny Briere. Carson was going to play hockey for Arizona State but he was dismissed from the team for violation of team rules never logging any stats. He’s been at Mercyhurst for 3 seasons.

He’s an entitled RDK. Rich Dumb/Drunk Kid.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 3/16/2023, 8:40 am

Heat Miser wrote:This shit isn't new to our society. Cameras everywhere to catch douchebags doing these things are.

This.

Then social media amplifies the outrage, putting the stupid people who do these things in a high-pressure situation, which may or may not cause them to be too defensive.

The incident itself looks like a 1 second very stupid action, which clearly was wrong. Exploding it on social media isn't the first thing to do to make it better for the direct participants, aka the stupid man and the wheelchair owner.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 3/16/2023, 10:09 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

This.

Then social media amplifies the outrage, putting the stupid people who do these things in a high-pressure situation, which may or may not cause them to be too defensive.

The incident itself looks like a 1 second very stupid action, which clearly was wrong.  Exploding it on social media isn't the first thing to do to make it better for the direct participants, aka the stupid man and the wheelchair owner.

I'm on the fence a bit regarding doxing & social media. "Back in the day", this douchebag's actions would have gone unnoticed. Thus, he would likely continue his douchebaggy ways. Bullies bully until confronted. And this was a form of bullying. Outing this fool...and the Karen's we see from time to time...and the corrupt cops...etc. hopefully teaches them some valuable lessons that might have otherwise gone unlearned. On the other hand, such serious blowback might radicalize the little shit. Tough call. Old man yelling at cloud.   The problem with our society.  2599972566

I will say what an odd place for a wheelchair. Was it needed by someone to get up & down the stairs with the assistance of others, but not needed once the stairs were successfully navigated? Is it there as a "just in case someone needs it" to mitigate what I presume is a lack of appropriate handicap access to the establishment?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 3/16/2023, 10:23 am

Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

This.

The incident itself looks like a 1 second very stupid action, which clearly was wrong.  Exploding it on social media isn't the first thing to do to make it better for the direct participants, aka the stupid man and the wheelchair owner.

I'm on the fence a bit regarding doxing & social media. "Back in the day", this douchebag's actions would have gone unnoticed. Thus, he would likely continue his douchebaggy ways. Bullies bully until confronted. And this was a form of bullying. Outing this fool...and the Karen's we see from time to time...and the corrupt cops...etc. hopefully teaches them some valuable lessons that might have otherwise gone unlearned. On the other hand, such serious blowback might radicalize the little shit. Tough call. Old man yelling at cloud.   The problem with our society.  2599972566

I will say what an odd place for a wheelchair. Was it needed by someone to get up & down the stairs with the assistance of others, but not needed once the stairs were successfully navigated? Is it there as a "just in case someone needs it" to mitigate what I presume is a lack of appropriate handicap access to the establishment?

A comparison between TOB and this one, due to traffic, might be an analogy, though it might not, I have lots of random thoughts. It has to be easier to keep this board from "running away" into la-la land, which an open social media is likely to do, such as in the case of this guy who pushed the chair.

We will never know if he would have been identified without the camera, by people at the party.

I read one account which said the person in the wheelchair had been carried downstairs to use the washroom, no idea if that was correct.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 3/16/2023, 10:47 am

Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

This.

It was at a party. Somebody carried the girl down to the bathroom.  It was waiting there for her to be carried back up.

Edit: that is what I read on social media, and one of the strands
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 3/16/2023, 11:27 am

Briere and his father also released a statement Wednesday, with Daniel sharing his disappointment with his son’s actions and Carson offering an apology.

“I was shocked to see Carson’s actions in the video that was shared on social media yesterday,” Daniel’s statement read. “They are inexcusable and run completely counter to our family’s values on treating people with respect. Carson is very sorry and accepts full responsibility for his behavior.”

The video shows Briere at the top of the stairs outside a larger room. He is seen chatting with a few bystanders and briefly sitting in the wheelchair before shoving it down the stairs and walking away.

“I am deeply sorry for my behavior on Saturday,” Carson’s statement read. “There is no excuse for my actions, and I will do whatever I can to make up for this serious lack of judgment.”

https://www.si.com/sports/2023/03/15/mercyhurst-issues-statement-video-athlete-carson-briere-pushing-wheelchair

To clarify the situation as of yesterday.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down