Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.

+5
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
DWags
9 posters

Go down

My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.  Empty My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.

Post by DWags 2023-05-13, 22:21

I’m soon to be 62. When I was in manistee 27 years ago with my wife we were shopping at a food store. Mind you I was 35. What is that 30 years after kindergarten? (For tGreenway It’s only 20). Anyway I saw her. In my excitement I just blurted “Mrs Johnson how are you doing?!?!” She turns and looks at me and says. “Why Dan…. How are you?” My wife was floored. I didn’t give her my name I just shouted hers. I’m so happy she’s kicking. I’m going to stop by and see her.

My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.  Img_6410
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, tGreenWay, Motown Spartan, Trapper Gus, MSU addict and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.  Empty Re: My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-13, 22:32

102 is way too young to have been your kindergarten teacher.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.  Empty Re: My kindergarten teacher still walks among us.

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-13, 22:34

Motown Spartan wrote:102 is way too young to have been your kindergarten teacher.

Yeah, he is lying. This is most likely who he took to junior prom.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-13, 23:10

She’s a Spartan too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-05-14, 17:36

That’s hilarious. I don’t even know my wife’s phone number.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-07, 13:22

Mrs Johnson passed away yesterday. 102 Wow. She was sharp as a tack . I imagine she was the last of my grade school teachers alive. He’ll most of my middle school teachers and high school teachers are gone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-04-07, 14:37

Wow, most of my early teachers at least through 2nd grade seemed pretty near death's door when I had them 40+ years ago. I think my K, 1st, and 2nd grade teachers all retired by the time I was out of elementary (so like 10 years after I had them).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-07, 18:06

A few of my HS teachers are still around. I’m friends with them on social media.
I’ve walked past a couple of long-since retired teachers from my school who are married but I never had in class. They live in our neighborhood. There’s also a retired Catholic Central teacher/coach who I’m friends with. No idea what’s up with my Jr. HS and elementary teachers, but they’re likely gone or close to it.
I was bummed when I learned of the passing of a former teacher/principal who taught my driver Ed class. No doctor could figure out what was wrong with him. He used google to correctly identify his own ALS. Very sad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-07, 20:03

The best teacher I ever had is still kicking. He was my 8th grade english teacher ( plus football and basketball coach). We had a semester in English where he did nothing but break down lyrics to rock songs. Rolling Stones ( sympathy for the devil), Elton John ( Levon), Eric Burden and the animals ( sky Pilot) and some Peter Paul and Mary.

I'm not sure how popular this was in catholic school but I always thought it was very cool. Anyway, he's in his late 80's now and showed up for my brother's funeral. He has some dementia but remembered me instantly. More for basketball than being a student. He said: you were an unorganized student but had "all the moves" on the basketball floor.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-07, 20:47

duffy munn wrote:The best teacher I ever had is still kicking. He was my 8th grade english teacher ( plus football and basketball coach). We had a semester in English where he did nothing but break down lyrics to rock songs. Rolling Stones ( sympathy for the devil), Elton John ( Levon), Eric Burden and the animals ( sky Pilot) and some Peter Paul and Mary.

I'm not sure how popular this was in catholic school but I always thought it was very cool. Anyway, he's in his late 80's now and showed up for my brother's funeral. He has some dementia but remembered me instantly. More for basketball than being a student. He said: you were an unorganized student but had "all the moves" on the basketball floor.

My coach would’ve remembered me as having Scott Skiles-like numbers in height and speed, minus the basketball talent.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

duffy munn, DWags and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-07, 21:01

My favorite teacher put Hunter Thompsons “fear and loathing in Las Vegas” in my hands as a freshman in high school because I was an ass hole in her class. She said read it and I won’t have to read any of the other stuff in her class that marking period. It was the first time I enjoyed reading a book.

Frankly, probably changed my life. Parents always made me read, she made me want to read.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2024-04-08, 01:06

I don't think I could pick out half of my high school teachers in a lineup. As for middle or elementary school, not a chance. It makes me wonder if I have CTE or some shit. :scared:
gomersbro
Spartiate

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-04-08, 21:22

My mom told me that my first grade teacher recognized her in a grocery store and asked about me. She said I was one of her favorite students in all her years of teaching. I can believe it. I kicked ass that year. Reading, math, finger painting, show and tell - I had no weakness. Had I known then that it would be my peak, I might have savored it.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down