Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Ever Been In A Fight?

+14
Jake from State Farm
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
kingstonlake
MSU addict
duffy munn
Rick Saunders
tGreenWay
Trapper Gus
The Pantry
DWags
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
18 posters

Go down

Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  Empty Have You Ever Been In A Fight?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-16, 12:56

I'm talking like an actual fist fight.

'cause I haven't.

I mean, a playground scuffle when I was a little kid, etc., a couple of shoves back and forth on the football field in high school, sure. But I'm 100% certain I have never been in an actual 'fight', thrown a punch at anyone, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  Empty Re: Have You Ever Been In A Fight?

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-16, 13:23

Nope. Of course I’ve been 6’3” tall and over 180lbs since my freshman year of high school so that tends to work in my favor in preventing those kinds of situations.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-16, 13:25

yes, and I'm hear to say I've got my ass kicked more than once.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-16, 13:32

DWags wrote:yes, and I'm hear to say I've got my ass kicked more than once.  
Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  502811600

yeah, I'm not real smart, but I am smart enough to know that 99 times out of a 100, I'd probably get my ass kicked. Hence my aversion to engaging in fisticuffs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-16, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:yes, and I'm hear to say I've got my ass kicked more than once.  

yeah, I'm not real smart, but I am smart enough to know that 99 times out of a 100, I'd probably get my ass kicked. Hence my aversion to engaging in fisticuffs.

Manistee, like Mio, is a kind of crazy blue collar town that 17-25 year olds around bonfires  and in bars get this urge to fight   If you make eye contact with the wrong person, or do the slightest thing to  upset a drunk podunk, you're probably throwing down. I was mostly smart enough to just talk to my friends, and not engage in any conversations or make eye contact with other people I didn't know. Thinking back, I think my friends and I mostly got in fights trying to come to the aid of one of our dumb ass friends who we should have just let him get his ass beat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-16, 13:50

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Manistee, like Mio, is a kind of crazy blue collar town that 17-25 year olds around bonfires  and in bars get this urge to fight   If you make eye contact with the wrong person, or do the slightest thing to  upset a drunk podunk, you're probably throwing down. I was mostly smart enough to just talk to my friends, and not engage in any conversations or make eye contact with other people I didn't know. Thinking back, I think my friends and I mostly got in fights trying to come to the aid of one of our dumb ass friends who we should have just let him get his ass beat.
I can believe it.

probably the closest I've come to being in a fight was a concert with my kid at The Intersection in Grand Rapids. She was probably 15 or so at the time and we were up close to the stage.

During the headliner, some drunk frat-type dude was trying to sort of weasel his way past everyone who had stood in line for an hour or two to get in. He was casually shoving me (and likely some other people) around, I'd just sort of put my arm/elbow out and push him back in one motion.

then he shoved the kid.

now, a) you don't shove a female and b) you especially don't shove a 15 year old female and c) you especially don't shove a 15 year old female when her "I clean up fairly well but, rest assured, I am barely out of hillbilly hollers of western North Carolina" mountain boy Dad is standing beside her.

that's when I grabbed him by his shirt and threw him backwards. I turn back toward the stage and his arm wraps around my neck.. I elbow him in the ribs, my expensive glasses go flying (somehow, they didn't get stepped on), a few other people grab the guy. Security comes over, grabs him and drags him out and throws him out of the venue.

I think while he had me around my neck and I was elbowing him, the kid started beating on him, too. Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-05-16, 13:55

Kid from down the street and I got into it when we were 8-9 in front of a neighbor's house. Forget what started it. We faced off in the typical boxer's stance, as if we knew what we doing and looking for an opportunity. A few jabs were thrown. He caught me in the face once and I got him in the face once. Think we decided boxing wasn't gonna be a future line of work for either of us and the fight ended. Managed to steer clear of fights ever since.

Watched a couple brutal fights in HS. Some real haymakers thrown and landed. No rules in street fighting. If a guy went down the other jumped on top and continued to pummel him until someone intervened. Pretty scary wondering what the hell was going on in their head.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-16, 14:48

Never been in one and never seen one. Don't think there were even any penalties for personal fouls in high school football where I grew up.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-05-16, 15:02

The only fights I’ve been in are the ones I can’t talk about. That’s rule number one.

And rule number two.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-05-16, 16:48

Was in a Scut Farkus situation when I was about 10. I was Ralphie right down to the bawling.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-05-16, 18:13

I've helped break up hundreds of fights but can't really say I've ever been in one. I did get drilled once but it was friendly fire.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-05-16, 18:32

Rick Saunders wrote:Was in a Scut Farkus situation when I was about 10. I was Ralphie right down to the bawling.

I don’t know who or what a Scut Farkus is, but I’m going to go ahead and say he or it had it coming.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-05-16, 18:39

I have been in a number of them.  My dad was a boxer and pushed me toward boxing when I was a kid.  I was good, but never loved it.  I broke my hand in the ring and quit boxing after that.

I grew up pretty poor and in a neighborhood that was not the greatest.  Fighting was just part of game.

I was suspended three times in high school for fighting, once in elementary school.  Got into the ring once in the Army and also had a serious fight with a roommate while in the Army.

I am by nature not an aggressive person and I try not to be an asshole, but I won't back down from a fight - not even today.  

Maybe I just have a punchable face.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-05-16, 18:44

MSU addict wrote:I have been in a number of them.  My dad was a boxer and pushed me toward boxing when I was a kid.  I was good, but never loved it.  I broke my hand in the ring and quit boxing after that.

I grew up pretty poor and in a neighborhood that was not the greatest.  Fighting was just part of game.

I was suspended three times in high school for fighting, once in elementary school.  Got into the ring once in the Army and also had a serious fight with a roommate while in the Army.

I am by nature not an aggressive person and I try not to be an asshole, but I won't back down from a fight - not even today.  

I have one of those. Plus, my relaxed face always looks like I’m pissed or bored, even when I’m in a great mood, which I usually am.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-05-16, 19:14

I beat up OTPT real bad once after he beat me 21-4 in hoops. He's legit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-16, 19:21

MSU addict wrote:I have been in a number of them.  My dad was a boxer and pushed me toward boxing when I was a kid.  I was good, but never loved it.  I broke my hand in the ring and quit boxing after that.

Having been taught how to box puts you in a different place than 90% of the population.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-16, 19:23

tGreenWay wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:Was in a Scut Farkus situation when I was about 10.  I was Ralphie right down to the bawling.

I don’t know who or what a Scut Farkus is, but I’m going to go ahead and say he or it had it coming.  

The movie A Christmas Story
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-05-16, 19:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Got it. Still haven’t seen it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-16, 19:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

That’s more unamerican than republicans.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-16, 19:34

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That’s more unamerican than republicans.

But he wins a major award.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-05-16, 19:57

I've been in a few. Always got my ass kicked. Looking back it stems from my time as a bartender when I was younger and having 2-5 bouncers having my back both at work and while going out. So I can shoot my mouth off and talk shit with them around, just didn't work out as well when they weren't around. Nothing like having 3 Samoan's tell someone to fuck off because of what I said. Got my ass kicked in E. Lansing every time. Ended up in the hospital after we won the national championship in 2000. Probably shouldn't have called about 5-7 frat boys fuckheads or whatever I might have said. Also got my ass kicked by the GM of Damon's. He got pissed at me because the regional manager liked me and he fucked me over all the time. Obviously never showed back up after that party.
A few days after the Jan 6 attack on the Capital I was leaving the hospital after Kyles speech therapy and some truck with a blue lives or trump flag was waiting for my parking spot. I rolled my window down and flipped the guy off after making him wait a few minutes. The meal time 6 fucker chased me out of the parking lot. I decided that those fuckers are psycho and don't do that anymore cuz I'd probably get shot by some white nationalist.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, Dendrobates and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-16, 20:00

Trapper Gus wrote:

Having been taught how to box puts you in a different place than 90% of the population.

Totally agree. 9th 10th and 11th grade Richard and Rudy Guillian were twins on our football team. They had moved from Texas to Manistee. Mr Guillian started a boxing club. He had workouts at his house every July and August for everyone. I look back now and think I would do two-a-days in august and do his workout at night. Jesus that would kill me now. My dad pushed because he said the jump rope and speed bag would help me as a DB and running back.
To your point though, the guys in his boxing club would always seem to get in the Most towny fights. I think it was because of a confidence you have.

We’d get our heads hit for four hours in cheap helmets with web housing for safety (Jesus) then we put on ear muffs and hit each other in the face at night. I have to believe I don’t see 76 because of that shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-16, 20:04

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Totally agree. 9th 10th and 11th grade Richard and Rudy Guillian were twins on our football team. They had moved from Texas to Manistee. Mr Guillian started a boxing club. He had workouts at his house every July and August for everyone. I look back now and think I would do two-a-days in august and do his workout at night. Jesus that would kill me now. My dad pushed because he said the jump rope and speed bag would help me as a DB and running back.
To your point though, the guys in his boxing club would always seem to get in the Most towny fights. I think it was because of a confidence you have.

We’d get our heads hit for four hours in cheap helmets with web housing for safety (Jesus) then we put on ear muffs and hit each other in the face at night. I have to believe I don’t see 76 because of that shit.

You may see it but not know it?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-05-17, 01:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm talking like an actual fist fight.

'cause I haven't.

I mean, a playground scuffle when I was a little kid, etc., a couple of shoves back and forth on the football field in high school, sure. But I'm 100% certain I have never been in an actual 'fight', thrown a punch at anyone, etc.

Basically this for me, too. Except for with my brother, but that never included punching in the face. My dad knew we were boys and would get in fights, be he had a VERY strict rule on not punching each other in the face.

My best friend growing up was a big fighter, as was his dad. Lots of fights. But I never saw him get in one personally. Known him since 1st grade. Maybe I'm a calming influence. I have talked him down from a few fights.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-05-17, 07:17

Just e fights for me
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-05-17, 07:24

I was in a fight when I was a little kid. Mainly consisting of each of us just shoving the other. We both eventually got bored with it and went our separate ways.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-05-17, 08:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Just e fights for me
Have noticed you get your ass kicked a lot.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-17, 09:18

The pen is mightier than the sword.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-17, 09:26

Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  200.gif?cid=ddb306a5f26nfwmsgsa8thzgmzh4zsh4pl7d2g9tnwk0hts6&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-17, 09:26

DWags wrote:

Quit horny posting.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-17, 09:48

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Quit horny posting.
ewww ... sword fights.... ewww....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-05-17, 16:53

Not as an adult. Witnessed a couple in college, but wasn't involved. One small shoving match with a friend in high school, couple small dust ups in elementary and middle school. Gonna put my record around 1-1-3. Mostly broken up quickly with no winner/loser. The "loss" was me getting beat up in about 4th grade at recess, don't think I even got a punch in. The "win" was my friend punching me in the gut, me blasting him in the face, and then me crying like a bitch anyway as the rest of our friends separated us. All of them were with dudes I was friends with at the time, come to think of it
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-17, 19:26

Cameron wrote:Not as an adult. Witnessed a couple in college, but wasn't involved. One small shoving match with a friend in high school, couple small dust ups in elementary and middle school. Gonna put my record around 1-1-3. Mostly broken up quickly with no winner/loser. The "loss" was me getting beat up in about 4th grade at recess, don't think I even got a punch in. The "win" was my friend punching me in the gut, me blasting him in the face, and then me crying like a bitch anyway as the rest of our friends separated us. All of them were with dudes I was friends with at the time, come to think of it
probably the closest to a "fight" as I've ever been in was with my best friend since kindergarten. Football practice in high school, the whistle blows, neither one of is wanted to be the first to let up.

Next thing you know, we're on the ground wrestling, throwing punches (in full football padding, helmets, etc)., coaches pull us off each other.

5 minutes later we were laughing about it in the water line.

38 years later, beyond my wife, he's still my best friend and we still bring it up after a few beers. Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-05-19, 15:54

Multiple times with 2 of my brothers. Usually, one particular brother. I am the youngest (only girl) that had 4 older brothers.
They weren't gentle, and knew where to hit to avoid my parents notice. Even if I said something, I was told to stop instigating, and it was always my fault. It wasn't. Sure it made me tougher, but I did not like being a punching bag throughout my childhood.

It was fun watching 2 of my brothers fight one time. I even made microwave popcorn as I watched them beat the shit out of each other. It was awesome.

Then there was the time a guy grabbed and twisted my arm backwards while walking in the stadium. I kicked him in the nuts, then started punching/kicking him on the ground as his buddies pulled me off. They kept screaming, " sorry "and "he didn't mean it". Asshole. My shoulder is still fucked up from him, 18 years later.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 15:59

Dendrobates wrote:

Then there was the time a guy grabbed and twisted my arm backwards while walking in the stadium. I kicked him in the nuts, then started punching/kicking him on the ground as his buddies pulled me off. They kept screaming, " sorry "and "he didn't mean it". Asshole. My shoulder is still fucked up from him, 18 years later.
wtf is wrong with people. Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-19, 16:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

wtf is wrong with people. Have You Ever Been In A Fight?  1896033241

DENDRO! I hope it was a good kick in the nuts and not a glancing blow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-19, 19:09

Dang, I just wanted your attention. I'm half blind in both eyes from your beatdown.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-19, 19:09

Dang, I just wanted your attention. I'm half blind in both eyes from your beatdown.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down