Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest

+8
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
DWags
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
12 posters

Go down

Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest Empty Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest

Post by tGreenWay Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 11:52

During practice at USC yesterday. Scary situation.

https://apnews.com/article/c34449eb6e04e7100ccee3db33e37634
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest Empty Re: Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 12:04

Yikes. Is it my imagination or does this seem to happening a lot more with young athletes?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest Empty Re: Bronny James in stable condition after going into cardiac arrest

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 12:07

yikes!

hope he's okay. Frightening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 12:15

Cue the antivaxxers.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 12:25

Just horrible. I had a football player back in the 90s that had to quit playing football because of an enlarged heart the doctors called it.” athletes heart.” I wonder if that’s similar to the case here
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 13:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yikes. Is it my imagination or does this seem to happening a lot more with young athletes?

Motown Spartan wrote:Cue the antivaxxers.

Floyd is sketchy now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 13:44

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 13:56

Meh, most of the core consumer capitalist states are pretty dumb these days.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 14:04

It’s unfortunate that it happened but he’s lucky the cardiac event happened on USC’s facility rather than some HS gym or a summer travel ball venue where they may have been less prepared.

With a number of major medical advances, devices like cardiac implant devices with Bluetooth monitoring, young James has a good chance for a normal like and possibly play D1 basketball again.  

Hank Gathers (‘90) and Reggie Lewis (‘93) never got that chance.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 18:01; edited 2 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 14:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yikes. Is it my imagination or does this seem to happening a lot more with young athletes?
It's probably a combination of things. Information is more available and easy to get compared to 30 years ago. Its possible it happened and the diagnosis wasn't there, or you hear about an athlete that collapsed and died on a field for an unknown reason, but now the medical field has caught up and there is a reason. The amount of supplements and just the size of athletes today would blow away most from 30+ years ago as well.
I have done zero research on any of my comments and they are probably easily disproven.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 15:37

A rise in incidents didn’t register with me, but I did remember there was another USC player who had a similar issue last year. He missed several months before being cleared to play again.
It’s obviously too soon to know why this happened, but DWags mentioned enlarged hearts and that’s a possibility. Seems like in previous decades athletes who dropped dead all had that condition, but as GR said, advances in medicine are saving lives.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 15:42

InTenSity wrote:
It's probably a combination of things. Information is more available and easy to get compared to 30 years ago. Its possible it happened and the diagnosis wasn't there, or you hear about an athlete that collapsed and died on a field for an unknown reason, but now the medical field has caught up and there is a reason. The amount of supplements and just the size of athletes today would blow away most from 30+ years ago as well.
I have done zero research on any of my comments and they are probably easily disproven.

No, I think you’re heading down the right path. It’s probably a combination of things including those you mentioned. At least we know it’s not clogged arteries like those killing older folks with garbage diets. These athletes are on strict regimens of (mostly) healthy foods and their workouts keep them in top shape—at least at first glance. Also have to consider genetics not just on LeBron’s side, but his mom as well. This will all be looked into and we’ll either learn about it or the family will keep it private. Regardless, I’m glad the kid is alive today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin Wed 26 Jul 2023 - 10:18

Is the kid vaxxed?  Is it not worth asking if he was and if it contributed to this?  Don't get the loyalty to this vaccine.  That said I don't think stars like LBJ and Tom Brady ever took it. So I will assume for now Bronny didn't get vaxed since I don't think his dad ever did.
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 26 Jul 2023 - 11:16

No, it really probably isn’t worth the bandwidth to waste time talking about that.

You’re thinking of kyrie Irving. Lebron is probably vaccinated. 

This kind of shit has always happened. Before covid, after covid. It’s not new. The difference now is that you hear about every instance because grifters that try to exploit your fears for profit make sure to tell you about it every time it happens. You didn’t hear about it before the vaccine because there wasn’t money to be made. You foolishly assume that that’s because it didn’t happen then, but it did.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 26 Jul 2023 - 12:56

MrMojoRisin wrote:
Is the kid vaxxed?  Is it not worth asking if he was and if it contributed to this?  Don't get the loyalty to this vaccine.  That said I don't think stars like LBJ and Tom Brady ever took it. So I will assume for now Bronny didn't get vaxed since I don't think his dad ever did.

FFS. If you’re thinking of Rodgers the guy lives in a vomitorium three days a year. And Kyrie thinks the world is flat.

But it’s simple, just show us a study that proves your point. Absent that, I’m gonna assume you won’t take a cruise cause you do t wanna fall off the earth.

I can show you a study where excess deaths in republicans are 7.7% higher than democrats since Covid vax. So, reach your own conclusion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 26 Jul 2023 - 14:03

He could have been elbowed in the wrong spot.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 26 Jul 2023 - 14:20

He could have something congenital.

Or ffs, it could be the damn vax... still totally worth saving millions and millions for a extreme minority to have a side effect. I'm sure someone has drowned in a car wreck they couldn't escape too. Doesn't mean no one should wear seat belts.

I feel like an idiot for even thinking about this.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down