Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What and the actual f***?

+5
tGreenWay
The Pantry
aualum06
kingstonlake
DWags
9 posters

Go down

What and the actual f***? Empty What and the actual f***?

Post by DWags 2023-08-04, 18:40

[tw]1687572392590110720?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

What and the actual f***? Empty Re: What and the actual f***?

Post by kingstonlake 2023-08-04, 19:01

Who?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-08-04, 19:03

Did anyone get a PlayStation?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-08-04, 19:03

Couch burning was pretty low key, humorus and okay IMO.  Social media is a curse few envisioned.  Many of todays kids are fucking insane followers.  Glad he got arrested, whoever the hell he is.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-08-04, 19:07

We want our free stuff!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-08-04, 19:09

The Pantry wrote:Couch burning was pretty low key, humorus and okay IMO.  Social media is a curse few envisioned.  Many of todays kids are fucking insane followers.  Glad he got arrested, whoever the hell he is.

This isn’t much different from previous generations. Think of those who turned out for OJ’s failed escape. Then there’s old footage of girls and women shrieking and fainting at the sight of Elvis and, later, The Beatles.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-08-04, 19:18

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Couch burning was pretty low key, humorus and okay IMO.  Social media is a curse few envisioned.  Many of todays kids are fucking insane followers.  Glad he got arrested, whoever the hell he is.

This isn’t much different from previous generations. Think of those who turned out for OJ’s failed escape. Then there’s old footage of girls and women shrieking and fainting at the sight of Elvis and, later, The Beatles.

Home movies? What and the actual f***? 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-08-04, 19:21

tGreenWay wrote:

Technology has advanced all that stuff millions, billions, trillions of times further.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-08-04, 20:10

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Technology has advanced all that stuff millions, billions, trillions of times further.

Not exactly sure what you mean.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-08-04, 20:19

Oh no, not Kai.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-08-04, 20:22

tGreenWay wrote:

You kids...

You have seen the women come out for Frank and my aunt was nuts about Rudi
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

tGreenWay and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-08-04, 21:04

I’m not going to judge 20. Somethings, because I was in love with Bob Seger, Mick Jagger, etc.  I thought the rockers were cool as hell. I, of course also had my sports heroes.

I’m not asking this to try to be funny, but I really want to know what an influencer does, and how they get paid. Do all the young kids have specific influencers that they follow? do they wear the styles these people suggest? I certainly wanted to kind of have that Bob Seger look in the mid 70s so I’m not here to judge. But is that how this stuff works? I followed rock ‘n’ roll artists and sports heroes now these kids are following  influencers. Am I right?

And by the way, I know this riot phenomenon is not new. Does anybody remember disco demolition night and Steve Dahl out of Chicago? Greenway did you know him?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-08-04, 21:11

DWags wrote:I’m not going to judge 20. Somethings, because I was in love with Bob Seger, Mick Jagger, etc.  I thought the rockers were cool as hell. I, of course also had my sports heroes.

I’m not asking this to try to be funny, but I really want to know what an influencer does, and how they get paid. Do all the young kids have specific influencers that they follow? do they wear the styles these people suggest? I certainly wanted to kind of have that Bob Seger look in the mid 70s so I’m not here to judge. But is that how this stuff works? I followed rock ‘n’ roll artists and sports heroes now these kids are following  influencers. Am I right?

And by the way, I know this riot phenomenon is not new. Does anybody remember disco demolition night and Steve Dahl out of Chicago? Greenway did you know him?

I believe they get paid through ads and clicks
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-08-04, 21:19

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:I’m not going to judge 20. Somethings, because I was in love with Bob Seger, Mick Jagger, etc.  I thought the rockers were cool as hell. I, of course also had my sports heroes.

I believe they get paid through ads and clicks

So, kind of like me going into a record store in the 70’s and buying the t-shirts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-08-04, 21:34

I’m not asking this to try to be funny, but I really want to know what an influencer does, and how they get paid. Do all the young kids have specific influencers that they follow? do they wear the styles these people suggest?  I certainly wanted to kind of have that Bob Seger look  in the mid 70s so I’m not here to judge. But is that how this stuff works? I followed rock ‘n’ roll artists and sports heroes now these kids are following  influencers. Am I right?

Dahl was on W4 in Detroit before moving to a station in Chicago...maybe before Greenway's time?  Remember disco demolition night.  Wasn't a riot...just a really bad publicity stunt.  People seemed calmer back then.

I don't get the influencer thing either.  Is that something kids without much parental care get into?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-08-04, 22:07

Fun Fact: xQc...probably the most popular streamer on the planet (regularly draws 50k+ viewers), signed a 2 year $100 million deal with kick.com. That's more than LeBron James will make over the next 2 years. Laugh all you want, but there's real $$$ in streaming if you've got a good schtick/personality.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-08-04, 22:10

Heat Miser wrote:Fun Fact: xQc...probably the most popular streamer on the planet (regularly draws 50k+ viewers), signed a 2 year $100 million deal with kick.com. That's more than LeBron James will make over the next 2 years. Laugh all you want, but there's real $$$ in streaming if you've got a good schtick/personality.

Wow. That’s crazy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-08-04, 22:16

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Fun Fact: xQc...probably the most popular streamer on the planet (regularly draws 50k+ viewers), signed a 2 year $100 million deal with kick.com. That's more than LeBron James will make over the next 2 years. Laugh all you want, but there's real $$$ in streaming if you've got a good schtick/personality.

Wow.   That’s crazy.

The guy plays video games all day on stream and talks like he's on speed for a living. Draws enough viewers every day to fill a stadium.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-08-04, 22:19

Fun fact #2: Hikaru Nakamura, the current #3 chess player in the world, makes $1 million + /year streaming. 5x+ more than he does playing chess. Streaming chess for fuck sakes. Chess!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-08-04, 22:41

I could stream “old man not doing shit” stuff. I doubt more than a few people would watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-08-04, 22:50

DWags wrote:I could stream “old man not doing shit” stuff.  I doubt more than a few people would watch.
You could do a youtube run of gameday shoes...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-08-05, 01:10

DWags wrote:I could stream “old man not doing shit” stuff. I doubt more than a few people would watch.

You never know DWags. You'd be surprised what people watch on Twitch/Kick/YouTube. Maybe if you randomly fell on your face/injured yourself? What and the actual f***? 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-08-05, 01:57

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:I could stream “old man not doing shit” stuff.  I doubt more than a few people would watch.

You never know DWags. You'd be surprised what people watch on Twitch/Kick/YouTube. Maybe if you randomly fell on your face/injured yourself? What and the actual f***? 2599972566
Yeh.  I love that stuff.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-08-05, 10:32

This is what consumer capitalism has done to us. There is no going back. It's just a slow, painful ride to an even worse end. Please enjoy the weekend.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-08-05, 11:20

Turtleneck wrote:This is what consumer capitalism has done to us. There is no going back. It's just a slow, painful ride to an even worse end. Please enjoy the weekend.

Mass consumer Capitalism. If 5 people were watching it wouldn't work.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-08-05, 12:17

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:This is what consumer capitalism has done to us. There is no going back. It's just a slow, painful ride to an even worse end. Please enjoy the weekend.

Mass consumer Capitalism. If 5 people were watching it wouldn't work.

Just consumer capitalism, which inherently exists on a mass scale because it is global, produces an endless supply of products that have no social or economic benefit, and tricks people into thinking they need all of these products to avoid the problem of overproduction. We are all complicit in this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-08-05, 14:02

Turtleneck wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Mass consumer Capitalism.  If 5 people were watching it wouldn't work.

Just consumer capitalism, which inherently exists on a mass scale because it is global, produces an endless supply of products that have no social or economic benefit, and tricks people into thinking they need all of these products to avoid the problem of overproduction. We are all complicit in this.

It's no different than radio or TV. Just evolution. More options to occupy one's time. And much easier to find content specifically relevant to you.

tSwill is a perfect example.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-08-05, 15:49

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You kids...

You have seen the women come out for Frank and my aunt was nuts about Rudi

I was pretty sure there was film with girls fainting over Frank, but Rudi was a new one to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down