Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaders and Best video released

+19
MiamiSpartan
Bill Cain
Chitown_Badger
Rocinante
Toe
goodbar
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Hut1hut2
Rodeo Burger
DWags
SpartanInNH
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
RubberbandMan
steveschneider
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Floyd Robertson
tTito
23 posters

Go down

Leaders and Best video released Empty Leaders and Best video released

Post by tTito 2014-08-12, 15:45

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/video-released-york-assault
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Leaders and Best video released Empty Re: Leaders and Best video released

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-08-12, 15:50

What's with the ho running after him Leaders and Best video released 502811600

and this, from slimj091, is even funnier:

it won't be the last we see of him. he will be on state's starting roster next year.

lol! 
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S. Preston, Esquire 2014-08-12, 16:26

They just don't get it. Dantonio came in and gave everyone a chance. Some guys messed up and got booted. Others did not. Now that Coach D has his guys, they pretty much stay out of trouble. Knock on wood.

UM players continue to get in trouble. It shows a lack of discipline. Much like their inability to close teams out and find a way to win. Starts with the coaches and admin and works its way down to the players. Been there, done that. Glad we have Dantonio.
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-08-12, 16:40

Bill S. Preston, Esquire wrote:They just don't get it. Dantonio came in and gave everyone a chance. Some guys messed up and got booted. Others did not. Now that Coach D has his guys, they pretty much stay out of trouble. Knock on wood.

UM players continue to get in trouble. It shows a lack of discipline. Much like their inability to close teams out and find a way to win. Starts with the coaches and admin and works its way down to the players. Been there, done that. Glad we have Dantonio.

College sports has spun off into an entire side contest of who has the most morally upright team/program. When one school has a player get in trouble or a scandal emerge, the opposing fan base will try to muddy up that schools reputation while the supporters of that school go on the defense trying to protect the schools reputation.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-08-12, 17:12

steveschneider wrote:

College sports has spun off into an entire side contest of who has the most morally upright team/program. When one school has a player get in trouble or a scandal emerge, the opposing fan base will try to muddy up that schools reputation while the supporters of that school go on the defense trying to protect the schools reputation.

I think this competition materialized for us when UM started to lose, then searched for a rationale and a way to maintain their sense of superiority. That's why we heard about Rather Hall for years, despite discipline being meted out to everyone involved. As long as they continue losing, they'll cling to the idea that it's just because we recruit "thugs", and their players are all upstanding "Michigan Men" like Felon Frank and Grand Wizard Taylor Lewan.
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-12, 17:17

RubberbandMan wrote:

I think this competition materialized for us when UM started to lose, then searched for a rationale and a way to maintain their sense of superiority. That's why we heard about Rather Hall for years, despite discipline being meted out to everyone involved. As long as they continue losing, they'll cling to the idea that it's just because we recruit "thugs", and their players are all upstanding "Michigan Men" like Felon Frank and Grand Wizard Taylor Lewan.

Their whole team is turning into nothing but felons, rapists, drunks and thugs and their idea of a good time is sucker punching someone at the bar after they've spent all night there at the post game loss celebration.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-12, 17:38

He hits harder than anybody else on the team.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-12, 21:42

tTito wrote:http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/video-released-york-assault

Wow, they have their own version of blanch:

slimj091
MGoPoints: 275

sorry that i don't put much emphasis on capitalization, and proper sentence structure on an online forum. now if you want me to write you up a paper i will take extra time to make sure it is proper.

as for the content. you may not like it, but it is still the truth. if york gets seperated from Michigan. Dantonio will be there waiting with roses and chocolates. i don't care really about my mgopoints they are just fun coupons.

And somebody else speaking reason:

SpinachAssassin
MGoPoints: 216
terrible

literally shaking my head at this comment. to typecast the entire MSU team as a team that builds its roster off of an affinity for players with assault records, following one of our own committing an assault, is just plain classless. As a UM fan, i don't want to be associated with comments that similarly apply a blanket stereotype of ignorance on us all.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-12, 21:45

tTito wrote:http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/video-released-york-assault

From the MLive article:

Of the incident, York told police: “He pressed up on him face to face exchanging words for no reason. I got (nervous) and scared about the situation so I hit the guy. I punched him.”

Leaders and Best video released 1966794946 
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-12, 21:57

SpartanInNH wrote:

From the MLive article:

Of the incident, York told police: “He pressed up on him face to face exchanging words for no reason. I got (nervous) and scared about the situation so I hit the guy. I punched him.”

Leaders and Best video released 1966794946 

Jesus. It would have been better had he just said he saw a big bug land on the guys face and when he slapped it off he missed it so when it flew they all went running.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-12, 22:22

Yeah, MSU has had exactly zero players arrested during the Hoke era (in other words, all Dantonio recruits), and they've had well over a dozen arrested (multiple felonies, not to mention a couple rapes that were covered up with the help of the UM campus police).

Are they willfully ignorant, or do they really believe the crap they say?
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-08-12, 22:23

Bitches be Snitches
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-12, 23:43

Whatever
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-13, 08:26

I never thought it would be possible, but I hate them even more now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-13, 09:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I never thought it would be possible, but I hate them even more now.

It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-13, 10:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I never thought it would be possible, but I hate them even more now.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-13, 10:27

There are dumb college kids on every team. People who get joy out of this or rub it in Michigan fan's faces or some stupid shit like that are pathetic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-13, 10:28

Renegade program.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-13, 10:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:There are dumb college kids on every team. People who get joy out of this or rub it in Michigan fan's faces or some stupid shit like that are pathetic.

The entertainment value comes from how the Coach and the University handle the situation.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-08-13, 10:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:There are dumb college kids on every team. People who get joy out of this or rub it in Michigan fan's faces or some stupid shit like that are pathetic.

queen 
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-13, 11:15

Were you born yesterday? For what seemed like decades, UM football consistently saw itself as better than most other programs. No matter how many players broke the law at UM, the program always saw itself as better than programs who had even less trouble with their athletes. As for UM fans, they have a history of viewing UM as some kind of untarnished holy land while viewing MSU as an extension of the Michigan DOC. Now the UM program and its fans have run out of places to hide. We can all see the truth. It's an athletic department that has historically placed itself as above the law. Hopefully, the program is held accountable and its fans are introduced to reality.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-08-13, 11:50

Turtleneck wrote:

Were you born yesterday? For what seemed like decades, UM football consistently saw itself as better than most other programs. No matter how many players broke the law at UM, the program always saw itself as better than programs who had even less trouble with their athletes. As for UM fans, they have a history of viewing UM as some kind of untarnished holy land while viewing MSU as an extension of the Michigan DOC. Now the UM program and its fans have run out of places to hide. We can all see the truth. It's an athletic department that has historically placed itself as above the law. Hopefully, the program is held accountable and its fans are introduced to reality.

Do you know the type of people who think like this? They're the ones who go Up North in their SUVs.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-08-13, 11:52

Turtleneck wrote:

Leaders and Best video released A27ldx

Edit: Crap, just saw your video.

I have to admit, there's a strong measure of schadenfreude I'm feeling over the last Oh... 6-7 years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-08-13, 11:55

I read that he just accepted a scholarship to play basketball at Iowa State.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-13, 11:58

Turtleneck wrote:

I was not born yesterday..

I guess I just don't really give a **** about some Michigan player punching a guy at a bar. The Spartan hero Max Bullough also got in a bar fight that he was underage drinking, and then ran from the cops. Want to talk about that? Of course not, because he wears green and white.

Shit happens, people make mistakes, wake me up when college sports are perfect.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2014-08-13, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-08-13, 11:58

Chitown_Badger wrote:I read that he just accepted a scholarship to play basketball at Iowa State.

I hated Wisconsin when Brett was coach, but the level of doucheyness dropped significantly when he left.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-13, 12:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I was not born yesterday..

I guess I just don't really give a **** about some Michigan player punching a guy at a bar. The Spartan hero Max Bullough also got in a bar fight that he was underage drinking, and then ran from the cops. Want to talk about that? Of course not, because he wears green and white.

Shit happens, people make mistakes, wake me up when college sports are perfect.

WTF are you talking about? I am not hiding from transgressions committed by MSU players. I will talk about MSU all day, and I fail to see how that part of your post is germane to the conversation.

The whole point is that UM, its fans, and the blue wall media have been playing the "better than you card" for decades. While every school will have a range of incidents to manage - as you say, we are talking about young people that are bound to make poor choices from time-to-time - UM has portrayed itself, and been portrayed by its fans and the media, as morally and ethically superior to the rest. If a UM player got into trouble, it was always downplayed. That still remains true today. While MSU players were supposedly always let off the hook, whenever a UM player did something and was forced to sit out the first half against EMU, it was more than enough punishment and an example of how serious UM takes such incidents. UM has always maintained a double-standard with these types of issues, but given the string of incidents in recent years, it appears that the "better than you" card is no longer applicable, and double-standard is breaking down.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2014-08-13, 12:21; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-08-13, 12:14

Kid deserved it.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-08-13, 14:19

Turtleneck wrote:

WTF are you talking about? I am not hiding from transgressions committed by MSU players. I will talk about MSU all day, and I fail to see how that part of your post is germane to the conversation.

The whole point is that UM, its fans, and the blue wall media have been playing the "better than you card" for decades. While every school will have a range of incidents to manage - as you say, we are talking about young people that are bound to make poor choices from time-to-time - UM has portrayed itself, and been portrayed by its fans and the media, as morally and ethically superior to the rest. If a UM player got into trouble, it was always downplayed. That still remains true today. While MSU players were supposedly always let off the hook, whenever a UM player did something and was forced to sit out the first half against EMU, it was more than enough punishment and an example of how serious UM takes such incidents. UM has always maintained a double-standard with these types of issues, but given the string of incidents in recent years, it appears that the "better than you" card is no longer applicable, and double-standard is breaking down.
What's worse, is that they still try to play that card. People saying that Dantonio will be waiting with roses and chocolate if he's kicked off UM. Talk about living in 1982 (which is probably when the guy's hair cut and clothes were last in style). Even if you ignore their own disciplinary record being no better (and recently worse) than ours, why the F UCK would Dantonio, coming off dominating the conference unlike anyone in half a century or more, need to take a player that wasn't even going to start on a middle of the pack program (at best)? They're still living in this deluded world where their second and third stringers would walk right into the starting lineup at MSU.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Leaders and Best video released Empty York. A true Michigan man

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-15, 19:24

Cold cocks a guy. But doesn't get kicked off the team. He's a Michigan man.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-08-15, 19:25

If he gets a HYTA, he can still be a captain.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-15, 19:25

I love scotch. Scotchy scotchy scotch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte