Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Trial Thread..

+18
Travis of the Cosmos
gomersbro
PennSpartan
Zurn
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
Cameron
msugolfguy
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
sεяεηιτλ
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
22 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 Empty Re: tOfficial Trial Thread..

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-02, 13:03

Wouldn’t surprise me. I’d like him to be on record as opposing the verdict no matter what…. Anything that brings stain to that shit bag family is good though. Maybe his VP nominee can go shoot a dog in celebration if he wins.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-05-02, 13:09

I would much rather he be convicted in GA if it came down to either but hurry up on that already.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-02, 14:11

sεяεηιτλ wrote:Anyone else following this "hush money" trial notes closely? The more I see this the more I think trump walks away not guilty.

I think Donald is guilty for sure but the more I see about how he and Cohen operated, he's going to claim that Cohen took the action of paying and receiving the "campaign contribution", aka suppression of stories, on his own volition. It seems like Cohen coordinated the payments strongly on his own and helped insulate trump from liability. We all know Trump knew what was happening but it's going to come down to Cohen's word of what he told trump as Iltheres almost assuredly no documentation of that particular exchange and what Trump paid Cohen back for. And if it's Cohen's word, there will be someone on the jury that doesn't see that as strong enough to convict, sadly

If the jury follows the money they will convict. The law is using fraud with money to hide a crime, the crime is campaign contributions undeclared, the fraud is hiding the payments through Cohan & Pecker.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-05-02, 14:25

Whether he is found guilty or not, it will only make his base more fired up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-02, 14:26

DWags wrote:Whether he is found guilty or not, it will only make his base more fired up.

His base isn't enough votes...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-02, 15:05

sεяεηιτλ wrote:Anyone else following this "hush money" trial notes closely? The more I see this the more I think trump walks away not guilty.

I think Donald is guilty for sure but the more I see about how he and Cohen operated, he's going to claim that Cohen took the action of paying and receiving the "campaign contribution", aka suppression of stories, on his own volition. It seems like Cohen coordinated the payments strongly on his own and helped insulate trump from liability. We all know Trump knew what was happening but it's going to come down to Cohen's word of what he told trump as Iltheres almost assuredly no documentation of that particular exchange and what Trump paid Cohen back for. And if it's Cohen's word, there will be someone on the jury that doesn't see that as strong enough to convict, sadly
I'm not keeping up with it, but I'm on record a long while back saying that he'll never be held accountable for anything in any of these trials.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-05-02, 15:08

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:Whether he is found guilty or not, it will only make his base more fired up.

Unfortunately we have people in our country that are going to teach Biden a lesson. So, yes, his base is more than enough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-02, 15:12

Trapper Gus wrote:

I tend to agree with this. He has hit the ceiling with the republicans/libertarians.

there isn't anyone sitting at home thinking "ya know, I just don't know who I'm going to vote for in November". scratch

the key for Democrats is to get people out to vote. As is long known, when decent Americans who love and respect their families, democracy, the Constitution and traditional American values vote, decency and humanity wins.

the only hope that republicans/libertarians, the mainstream media, Russia, China, et al, have is to suppress the vote, disenfranchise voters, encourage people to think "both sides are the same" and just become overall disillusioned with 'the system'.

also important to remember that about 5% of the overall electorate in November, maybe less if you factor in the 4-5 'swing states', will decide the future of American democracy.

If you tell me what turnout is like with people who love and respect their families in Florida, the Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Phoenix, Denver suburbs, I'll tell you who wins the election.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-02, 15:24

Trapper Gus wrote:

Could you run me through your thought process where you think he was saying it was?  Or do you have a daily post quota?  I’m 32% serious.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-02, 15:33

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Could you run me through your thought process where you think he was saying it was?  Or do you have a daily post quota?  I’m 32% serious.

He isn't getting more votes than his base...

Firing them up doesn't win an election
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-02, 15:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

He didn’t say he was worried that firing them up was gonna win the election. I double and triple checked.  I think it was more a reference to his base being fired up and their track record of potentially doing stupid shit. You ended you post with dot dot dot like it was a mic drop point or something, lol.

I’m admittedly nit picking. But, eh nevermind.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-02, 16:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

He didn’t say he was worried that firing them up was gonna win the election. I double and triple checked.  I think it was more a reference to his base being fired up and their track record of potentially doing stupid shit. You ended you post with dot dot dot like it was a mic drop point or something, lol.

I’m admittedly nit picking. But, eh nevermind.

I'm fine with questions asked. I do the ... too often.

Yes I read it differently than that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-02, 17:02

If he loses his 18 - 20whatever edge because they are all concerned about "the man" keeping them down on campus, then the russians (trump) won.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-02, 17:07

Dipshit now saying he won’t testify

NO WAY
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-02, 19:05

I've often heard having the defendant testify is a poor idea.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-05-02, 20:51

Trapper Gus wrote:

If the jury follows the money they will convict. The law is using fraud with money to hide a crime, the crime is campaign contributions undeclared, the fraud is hiding the payments through Cohan & Pecker.

I know, i get what the crime is. I'm just saying I think he probably obscured it enough via cohen to get off. Lawyers are subtle painting cohen as a rogue. He is rogue-ish for sure but donald trump knows that and that's why they were linked. He was the fixer, he got things done without getting donald's hands dirty. He took on the risk for him. Unless the prosecution has some recordings of them literally talking about their plans, i think we'll see at least one jury member give the benefit of the doubt
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2024-05-03, 08:06

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I know, i get what the crime is. I'm just saying I think he probably obscured it enough via cohen to get off. Lawyers are subtle painting cohen as a rogue. He is rogue-ish for sure but donald trump knows that and that's why they were linked. He was the fixer, he got things done without getting donald's hands dirty. He took on the risk for him. Unless the prosecution has some recordings of them literally talking about their plans, i think we'll see at least one jury member give the benefit of the doubt
I agree, but just to clarify, that makes it a hung jury, as opposed to not guilty (which your previous post said). He would still have the presumption of innocence, but with a hung jury he could be tried again. That would be funny if he were retried, because then he could add to his other completely wrong legal takes by claiming that it's double jeopardy to try him again, and his merry band of idiot followers will believe it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-03, 08:59

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

If only! tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 1494614055
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 09:01

Trapper Gus wrote:I've often heard having the defendant testify is a poor idea.
especially when the defendant has the IQ of a creek rock.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-03, 09:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not keeping up with it, but I'm on record a long while back saying that he'll never be held accountable for anything in any of these trials.

Wait a minute ...

I've been told that a jury verdict is proof!
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 09:10

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not keeping up with it, but I'm on record a long while back saying that he'll never be held accountable for anything in any of these trials.

Wait a minute ...

it is.

not sure what you find confusing about that.

oh, wait. tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-03, 09:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Wait a minute ...

it is.

Let me go a little slower for you Bob. I know government workers and academics need a little extra help sometimes.

According to you jury verdicts are proof.

And also, according to you, Trump will never be held accountable in court.

Well, if the juries don't hold him accountable that is proof there is nothing to be held accountable for, at least according to you.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 09:18

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it is.

Let me go a little slower for you Bob. I know government workers and academics need a little extra help sometimes.

Well, if the juries don't hold him accountable that is proof there is nothing to be held accountable for, at least according to you.
right.

the grasp you have on 5th grade civics class is commendable. tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-03, 09:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Zurn wrote:

right.

the grasp you have on 5th grade civics class is commendable. tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 969504605

And since jury verdicts are proof AND as it is your belief that they won't hold Trump accountable you evidently believe Trump did nothing to be held accountable for. Good to know.

Oh, in Michigan civics is a high school requirement. I took it in 9th grade.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 09:25

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:right.

And since jury verdicts are proof AND as it is your belief that they won't hold Trump accountable you evidently believe Trump did nothing to be held accountable for.   Good to know.

it's pretty cool to be morally and ethically consistent. You should try it sometime.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-05-03, 09:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

I know, i get what the crime is.  I'm just saying I think he probably obscured it enough via cohen to get off.  Lawyers are subtle painting cohen as a rogue.  He is rogue-ish for sure but donald trump knows that and that's why they were linked.  He was the fixer, he got things done without getting donald's hands dirty.  He took on the risk for him.  Unless the prosecution has some recordings of them literally talking about their plans, i think we'll see at least one jury member give the benefit of the doubt
I agree, but just to clarify, that makes it a hung jury, as opposed to not guilty (which your previous post said).  He would still have the presumption of innocence, but with a hung jury he could be tried again.  That would be funny if he were retried, because then he could add to his other completely wrong legal takes by claiming that it's double jeopardy to try him again, and his merry band of idiot followers will believe it.

I meant it technically, not judically. A straight reading of the word.  If it's hung or not guilty, the verdict is in fact not guilty, as in guilty was not the verdict, anything else is not guilt, I.e. not the jury result "not guilty".  My mistake, I can see how that would be confusing, I'm confusing myself now trying to convey
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-05-03, 09:59

Hopefully we get some more secret recordings and some salacious testimony from hope hicks!!! I made my doubts known here and then almost right away I hear about one secret recording where trump fully acknowledged the playboy model McDougall scenario. Hopefully they have one for stormy!!!! Cross your fingers
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-05-03, 11:51

Trump Media's auditor charged with 'massive fraud' by SEC

Nice hire, Donald.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 12:54

Trump may be in another court case.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 13:14

Hey TravelinMan - you'll be glad to know that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist is a 'very hard worker'..

Hope Hicks is describing working with Trump, saying, “he’s a very good multitasker.”

“He’s a very hard worker. He’s always doing many things at once,” Hicks says of Trump.  

tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 502811600  tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-03, 13:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Hey TravelinMan - you'll be glad to know that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist is a 'very hard worker'..

Hope Hicks is describing working with Trump, saying, “he’s a very good multitasker.”

“He’s a very hard worker. He’s always doing many things at once,” Hicks says of Trump.  

tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 502811600  tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 502811600

Watching CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, The Oscars, Jimmy Kimmell, OAN, Morning Joe, the correspondents dinner, and the Food Network is quite the multi tasking effort.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-05-03, 20:08

It's clear that Hope Hicks is still somehow loyal to donald trump, the reason she is loyal is unclear though.

She worded things very friendly for him and gave him all kinds of accolades.

That said, she did have a moment where she may have inadvertently harmed trump where she answered a question that she heard michael cohen paid for Stormie and that trump thanked him and appreciated the loyalty. The problem is, of course, trump being aware and obviously involved with that campaign contribution that was hidden as a legal fee. She realized what she did after the fact and broke down crying. She's either loyal or scared of him. My money is on scared shitless and that's the reason for the "loyalty".
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-03, 20:22

sεяεηιτλ wrote:It's clear that Hope Hicks is still somehow loyal to donald trump, the reason she is loyal is unclear though.

That said, she did have a moment where she may have inadvertently harmed trump where she answered a question that she heard michael cohen paid for Stormie and that trump thanked him and appreciated the loyalty. The problem is, of course, trump being aware and obviously involved with that campaign contribution that was hidden as a legal fee. She realized what she did after the fact and broke down crying. She's either loyal or scared of him. My money is on scared shitless and that's the reason for the "loyalty".
I do wonder how many people he's had murdered.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-05-03, 20:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:It's clear that Hope Hicks is still somehow loyal to donald trump, the reason she is loyal is unclear though.

I do wonder how many people he's had murdered.

Aren't "developers" in new york notorious for encasing bodies in concrete of buildings?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-05-03, 20:49

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I do wonder how many people he's had murdered.

Aren't "developers" in new york notorious for encasing bodies in concrete of buildings?

Lowers the strength of the columns. Better to dump them in the river.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 13:43

if you believe the jury system, the courts, the US Judicial system and the Constitution aren't really important or don't prove anything, you can stop reading now.

to the rest of us decent folks who have a good handle on democracy, it looks like the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist was held in contempt again today.

Former President Donald Trump was found in contempt of court for violating his gag order once again on Monday, as his criminal hush money trial entered its fourth week.

He was also warned that, going forward, overstepping the bounds of the order could land him behind bars.  

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-05-06, 14:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you believe the jury system, the courts, the US Judicial system and the Constitution aren't really important or don't prove anything, you can stop reading now.

to the rest of us decent folks who have a good handle on democracy, it looks like the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist was held in contempt again today.

Former President Donald Trump was found in contempt of court for violating his gag order once again on Monday, as his criminal hush money trial entered its fourth week.

He was also warned that, going forward, overstepping the bounds of the order could land him behind bars.  

Is this the third time or the fourth time that he's been threatened with jail if he doesn't keep his piehole shut? I'm losing count.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-05-06, 14:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you believe the jury system, the courts, the US Judicial system and the Constitution aren't really important or don't prove anything

Did you know that I intend to vote for RFK, Jr.?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 14:38

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you believe the jury system, the courts, the US Judicial system and the Constitution aren't really important or don't prove anything

Did you know that I intend to vote for RFK, Jr.?
well, I know that's what you want people to believe. tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 14:40

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you believe the jury system, the courts, the US Judicial system and the Constitution aren't really important or don't prove anything, you can stop reading now.

Is this the third time or the fourth time that he's been threatened with jail if he doesn't keep his piehole shut? I'm losing count.
it would be pretty funny if the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted sexual predator got to spend a night in the Manhattan jail.

gotta tell ya, I think I'd rather spend a night in jail than at the Mar-O-Lago Truck Stop and Massage Parlor - imagine the diseases, the smells, the infestation, etc., going around that place.   Shocked

then there is the clientele. tOfficial Trial Thread..  - Page 12 4198636888
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next