Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread

+3
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
7 posters

Go down

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread Empty The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-03, 09:48

Roster

https://richmondspiders.com/sports/football/roster

Season Preview

https://herosports.com/fcs-2023-richmond-football-preview-bzbz/

They lost 17-10 to Morgan State yesterday, so they are already 0-1 against MSU schools. They put up 274 yards against Morgan State. Their starting QB was 23/30 for 169 yards and one interception. He was also their leading rusher in both attempts and yards, 21 for 39.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401539978

Morgan State stuns Richmond for its first season-opening win in 11 years beating the Spiders 17-10

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/2023/09/02/morgan-state-bears-richmond-spiders/e6797ed8-49ff-11ee-b76b-0b6e5e92090d_story.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread Empty Re: The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-03, 18:40

Put my slippers on last week and felt something in the big toe area. Figured it was lint buildup from the foot padding. Pulled off the slipper, brought it up to my face to look for the problem, and out jumped this beast. Wolf spider, totally harmless, but not allowed in public areas of the house. Rather than crush him, I did the only thing that I figured gave him a chance at living, so I flushed him. No way he’d have let me walk him all the way outside.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread Img_3811
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread Empty Re: The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-03, 19:02

Spiders were very nasty in Lord of the Rings.

But the goblins were less effective.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-04, 11:24

tGreenWay wrote:Put my slippers on last week and felt something in the big toe area. Figured it was lint buildup from the foot padding. Pulled off the slipper, brought it up to my face to look for the problem, and out jumped this beast. Wolf spider, totally harmless, but not allowed in public areas of the house. Rather than crush him, I did the only thing that I figured gave him a chance at living, so I flushed him. No way he’d have let me walk him all the way outside.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread Img_3811

Pics of slippers please.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-04, 11:29

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Put my slippers on last week and felt something in the big toe area. Figured it was lint buildup from the foot padding. Pulled off the slipper, brought it up to my face to look for the problem, and out jumped this beast. Wolf spider, totally harmless, but not allowed in public areas of the house. Rather than crush him, I did the only thing that I figured gave him a chance at living, so I flushed him. No way he’d have let me walk him all the way outside.

Pics of slippers please.

Will you please focus? That spider was IN my slipper and I touched it with my BIG TOE! He’s the captain of all the toes on that foot! I could afford to lose a pinky toe, but not the captain! I mean, nothing again my pinky toes, but as terra-oriented extremities go, I need that Big Toe more than either pinky toe. Really, what purpose do they serve other than to go Wee Wee Wee all the home?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-05, 15:20

Michigan State football: Getting to know the Richmond Spiders

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/lists/michigan-state-football-getting-to-know-the-richmond-spiders/

I could be wrong, but I think John Beilein coached basketball at Richmond before WVU and UM. So I basically hate Richmond.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-05, 21:38

Michigan State football: 3 players to watch vs. Richmond
https://spartanshadows.com/michigan-state-football-players-watch-richmond/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-06, 20:01

Michigan State football: 3 players to watch vs. Richmond
https://spartanshadows.com/michigan-state-football-players-watch-richmond/

For select Spiders, chance to be great at Michigan State could pay off long-term
https://richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/for-select-spiders-chance-to-be-great-at-michigan-state-could-pay-off-long-term/article_49f026dc-4be6-11ee-81e6-8fbda2cccd5e.html

Michigan State football: Best quotes from Mel Tucker's press conference previewing Richmond match-up
https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/lists/michigan-state-football-best-quotes-from-mel-tuckers-press-conference-previewing-richmond-match-up/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-06, 20:05

Michigan State football: 3 improvements I want to see vs. Richmond in Week 2
https://spartanavenue.com/2023/09/06/michigan-state-football-improvements-i-want-to-see-richmond/

Michigan State Hosts Richmond Saturday in First-Ever Meeting Between Schools
https://msuspartans.com/news/2023/9/6/football-michigan-state-hosts-richmond-saturday-in-first-ever-meeting-between-schools.aspx

Know Thy Enemy: MSU football welcoming Richmond to East Lansing for first ever match up
https://statenews.com/article/2023/09/know-thy-enemy-msu-football-welcoming-richmond-to-east-lansing-for-first-ever-match-up?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_featured
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-07, 09:17

What’s the over/under on commercial pods? Prepare for a lot of Jake from State Farm, Lily the AT&T girl, Mayhem and Flo from Progressive. Maybe a few New Heineken Silver spots to spice things up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-07, 13:15

saw Springsteen in Richmond in March of 2003.

Setlist:

THE RISING
LONESOME DAY
NO SURRENDER
PROVE IT ALL NIGHT
EMPTY SKY
YOU'RE MISSING
WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY
YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH)
TWO HEARTS
WORLDS APART
BADLANDS
SHE'S THE ONE
MARY'S PLACE
COUNTIN' ON A MIRACLE
FOR YOU
INTO THE FIRE
LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GO (with Robbin Thompson and Bruce Hornsby)
GLORY DAYS
BORN TO RUN
MY CITY OF RUINS
BORN IN THE U.S.A.
LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY
DANCING IN THE DARK

other than that, the city and the University of Richmond can suck it... you deserved not to get Thunder Road.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-09-07, 13:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:saw Springsteen in Richmond in March of 2003.

Setlist:

THE RISING
LONESOME DAY
NO SURRENDER
PROVE IT ALL NIGHT
EMPTY SKY
YOU'RE MISSING
WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY
YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH)
TWO HEARTS
WORLDS APART
BADLANDS
SHE'S THE ONE
MARY'S PLACE
COUNTIN' ON A MIRACLE
FOR YOU
INTO THE FIRE
LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GO (with Robbin Thompson and Bruce Hornsby)
GLORY DAYS
BORN TO RUN
MY CITY OF RUINS
BORN IN THE U.S.A.
LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY
DANCING IN THE DARK

other than that, the city and the University of Richmond can suck it... you deserved not to get Thunder Road.

Do you like the song Dancing In the Dark?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-07, 13:46

Motown Spartan wrote:

Setlist:

I don't have a strong feeling about it. It's a good pop song and in '84 it introduced a lot of folks to the Temple of Springsteen who the dug deeper into His word and, no doubt, experienced a personal transformation because of it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-09-07, 13:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I don't have a strong feeling about it. It's a good pop song and in '84 it introduced a lot of folks to the Temple of Springsteen who the dug deeper into His word and, no doubt, experienced a personal transformation because of it.

I think it’s pretty misunderstood because it sounds poppy and has a catchy chorus and I’ve grown to like it more over time because I can relate to it more now than when I was younger. A lot of his songs fall in the misunderstood category.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-07, 14:06

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think it’s pretty misunderstood because it sounds poppy and has a catchy chorus and I’ve grown to like it more over time because I can relate to it more now than when I was younger. A lot of his songs fall in the misunderstood category.  
yeah, there are some slowed down, acoustic versions that capture the theme of that song a lot better than the radio-friendly studio release.

The Broadway version comes to mind.

also, to your point of hearing songs/albums differently as we get older, that's how I feel about the Tunnel of Love record. When it came out, I was a senior in high school. I liked it, had some great tunes, etc - but it different hits differently after 30-40 years of "life" and relationships.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-07, 14:29

Richmond 28 MSU 24.

This board has never been less focused.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-07, 14:30

Motown Spartan wrote:

Setlist:

I like Courtney Cox.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-09-07, 14:40

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I like Courtney’’s Cock.

We know DWags. We know…
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-07, 14:48

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I like Courtney Cox.
when that video came out in 1984, me and my buddies were conflicted.. "dude, she's hot... but kinda looks like a boy"...pale

it was 1984 in the rural mountains of North Carolina and let's just say that we weren't as culturally refined then as we are now and, therefore, didn't fully know what to make of a boy-ish looking girl that made our twig and berries tingle. The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-09-07, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I like Courtney Cox.
when that video came out in 1984, me and my buddies were conflicted.. "dude, she's hot... but kinda looks like a boy"...pale

it was 1984 in the rural mountains of North Carolina and let's just say that we weren't as culturally refined then as we are now and, therefore, didn't fully know what to make of a boy-ish looking girl that made our twig and berries tingle. The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread 502811600

You go with it, that’s what you do.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-07, 16:12

Jerry Garcia Jr!!!

MSU is playing the Greatful Dead.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-07, 16:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I like Courtney Cox.

She sure got a purty mouth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-07, 19:37

MSU's first half offense against CMU was more exciting than Springsteen has ever been.

Looking Ahead to Week 2 - The Richmond Spiders
https://www.theonlycolors.com/2023/9/7/23863436/richmond-michigan-state-preview

Michigan State football vs. Richmond: Official Chopalytics preview
https://spartanshadows.com/michigan-state-football-vs-richmond-official-chopalytics-preview/

Michigan State vs Richmond Prediction Game Preview
https://collegefootballnews.com/cfn/michigan-state-vs-richmond-prediction-game-preview

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-07, 19:39

Michigan State vs. Richmond: 5 determining factors and a prediction
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2023/09/07/michigan-state-football-vs-richmond-prediction-keys-how-to-watch-bet/70785279007/

Michigan State aims to build momentum against Richmond before hosting No. 8 Washington
https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/michigan-state-aims-to-build-momentum-against-richmond-before-hosting-no-8-washington/article_f09c002a-b9af-5a72-b61c-6e94745e97a2.html

Michigan State vs. Richmond: Will Spartans make easy work of the Spiders?
https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/lists/michigan-state-vs-richmond-will-spartans-make-easy-work-of-the-spiders/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-07, 20:28

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: when that video came out in 1984, me and my buddies were conflicted.. "dude, she's hot... but kinda looks like a boy"...pale

it was 1984 in the rural mountains of North Carolina and let's just say that we weren't as culturally refined then as we are now and, therefore, didn't fully know what to make of a boy-ish looking girl that made our twig and berries tingle.  The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the woodshed. Down came the Spartans and washed the spider out: Richmond pregame thread 502811600

She sure got a purty mouth.
Thanks, Cowboy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-08, 01:25

Bruce Springsteen thinks spiders are the scariest after having been bitten multiple times by brown recluses.

https://reddit.com/r/spiders/s/1n9oOuqCNJ
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-08, 08:39

Tennis, the Lions, Astology?

Focus?

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2023/09/5-things-to-watch-in-michigan-state-vs-richmond-and-a-final-score-prediction.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-09, 09:47

I had a spider like that in our basement. Got a Tupperware container and was successful in trapping and releasing it in the wild. I felt a bit of serenity that day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down