Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work.

+2
InfantrySpartan
Trapper Gus
6 posters

Go down

The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work. Empty The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work.

Post by Trapper Gus September 17th 2023, 8:03 am

Scottie Hazelton is in his fourth year as Michigan State’s defensive coordinator and Barnett has been leading the secondary during that time. Against talented passing attacks, the Spartans have been basically noncompetitive and Saturday’s performance was the latest debacle.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2023/09/takeaways-observations-from-michigan-states-ugly-loss-vs-no-8-washington.html

Learned to hate it then, still do.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work. Empty Re: The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work.

Post by InfantrySpartan September 17th 2023, 9:14 am

What do you mean by “bandit D”? Is that like the rover position? I.e., you best athlete on D basically gets to play instinct-ball?

The one thing that I’m glad (I guess?) we got away from was the quarters coverage 100% of the time… I remember teams just throwing 7 yard outs all day on us with ease.
InfantrySpartan
InfantrySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work. Empty Re: The "Bandit" D didn't work with JLS & it still doesn't work.

Post by steveschneider September 17th 2023, 9:33 am

Just what we need more defense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags September 17th 2023, 9:35 am

We don’t have the athletes on defense. When a true freshman LB’er is one of your best after four years of recruiting, you could play any defense you want and it won’t work.

I honestly don’t think our guys do enough film work, or the lack of a defensive quarterback hurts. They are constantly out of position or miss an assignment. You can beat the Richmond’s of the world but it’s not happening against a top ten team.

Jim Harbaugh will try to set a record against us. So be it. Get better or suffer that beat down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus September 17th 2023, 10:07 am

InfantrySpartan wrote:What do you mean by “bandit D”? Is that like the rover position? I.e., you best athlete on D basically gets to play instinct-ball?

The one thing that I’m glad (I guess?) we got away from was the quarters coverage 100% of the time… I remember teams just throwing 7 yard outs all day on us with ease.

"Bandit" was what it was called in the JLS defense. The 4 - 2 - 1 - 4
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

InfantrySpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 September 17th 2023, 10:34 am

It made an awesome pick six at Spartan stadium South in South bend
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus September 17th 2023, 10:59 am

And then was murdered in B1G play.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 September 17th 2023, 11:07 am

Trapper Gus wrote:And then was murdered in B1G play.

Semantics
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon September 17th 2023, 11:28 am

We just need to find the right guy, but SirDarean Adams ain't walkin' through that door anytime soon.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down