Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider?

+11
Rick Saunders
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
15 posters

Go down

Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider? Empty Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider?

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-03, 14:36

I can’t think of one but damn it kinda feels like there’s vulnerability on both sides of the two party system.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider? Empty Re: Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider?

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-03, 15:03

Back where I come from we call them ‘spoilers’.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider? Empty Re: Is there a there a third party ticket you’d consider?

Post by Cameron 2023-10-03, 16:53

Cornell West running under the Green Party has no shot. Rumors RFK is gonna run as an independent, also would have no shot. RFK might take more votes from Trump than from Biden, though, anti-vax idiots love that guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-10-03, 16:59

Giant Asteroid
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-03, 18:45

If they think that I might support a third party then maybe they’ll compromise their “do absolutely nothing different until boomers die off then maybe” policies in favor of policies that they should actually be working on.

So yeah sure fuck it put me down for whichever third party scares them the most
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-03, 19:30

By vulnerable I guess I mean an open door for some stupid centerist to have an actual shot at winning. Yeah count me out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-03, 19:36

Not until trump dies.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-10-03, 20:33

45% will vote blue no matter what.

45% will vote red no matter what.

Of the remaining 10%, the 2024 presidential election will be decided by voter turnout in six counties in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, and Arizona.

Everything else is just noise.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-03, 20:34

Motown Spartan wrote:45% will vote blue no matter what.

Of the remaining 10%, the 2024 presidential election will be decided by voter turnout in six counties in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, and Arizona.

I feel like it’s 30/30
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-10-03, 20:40

kingstonlake wrote:

I feel like it’s 30/30

When people actually have to put pen to paper,, it’s always higher, with few exceptions.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-03, 21:20

Yeah, I traced trump 2016 victory to my shitty ass county in mid michigan.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-10-03, 21:41

kingstonlake wrote:I can’t think of one but damn it kinda feels like there’s vulnerability on both sides of the two party system.

How badly do you want to facilitate and experience a 21st Century Weimar Republic in your own country?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-04, 08:20

The risks are too high within the systems of voting we have in most places.

Voting third party means that whichever of the two major parties you typically vote for is losing a vote, and since one of those two is almost 100% of the time going to win you are effectively vote for the other major party.

I would like to see the following.

Changing to the Wyoming rule for US House appropriation of numbers of representees per state.

Changing to the system that MI, CA, AZ are using to set fair district lines trying to make the party representation as a percentage match the vote.

Ranked choice voting so that non-major party candidates have a chance to be elected.

Either a popular vote for president or change the EC rules so that each district is voted per the votes in that district and the two at large votes are per the popular vote of the state, assuming fair districts have been established.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-04, 10:01

GRR Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I can’t think of one but damn it kinda feels like there’s vulnerability on both sides of the two party system.

How badly do you want to facilitate and experience a 21st Century Weimar Republic in your own country?

I think you’re saying it’s an auto victory for trump. Which may be true. I’m just saying I have a feeling this is the most vulnerable both sides have been since what, 1992 with Perot? He got like 20% of the popular vote I think. At some point he was leading in the polls as late as summer I believe. I had my Ross Perot yard sign lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-10-04, 15:08

under no circumstances would I ever consider voting for a third party.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-04, 16:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:under no circumstances would I ever consider voting for a third party.

Party pooper.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-04, 18:39

kingstonlake wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I think you’re saying it’s an auto victory for trump. Which may be true. I’m just saying I have a feeling this is the most vulnerable both sides have been since what, 1992 with Perot? He got like 20% of the popular vote I think. At some point he was leading in the polls as late as summer I believe. I had my Ross Perot yard sign lol.

Ross Perot was the Donald Trump of that time.  Highly successful business person who had national cache.

Maybe Elon Musk could pull off a third party move like that, other than him who has the name recognition and perceived gravitas to pull in votes?

edit - okay, maybe Taylor Swift, and I am being serious, but she is too young, I think...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-10-04, 19:11

Trapper Gus wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Ross Perot was the Donald Trump of that time.  Highly successful business person who had national cache.

Maybe Elon Musk could pull off a third party move like that, other than him who has the name recognition and perceived gravitas to pull in votes?

edit - okay, maybe Taylor Swift, and I am being serious, but she is too young, I think...

She's got two years to go so maybe the 2028 election
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-10-05, 08:54

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:under no circumstances would I ever consider voting for a third party.

Party pooper.
"under no circumstances" is pretty strong.

maybe I should've thrown in, "under no realistic circumstances".

if I knew we could get rid of the anti-America party of racist, bigoted, misogynistic republican/libertarians and the slightly more appealing Democratic party in favor of a viable third party that amplified traditional American values, supported families, workers, life, LGBTQIA+, public schools, had a strong stance on climate change, anti-death penalty, pro-women, etc., I'd be on board.

there's just too much poison in the system via the corporate structure for any of this to ever be viable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-17, 07:02

Romney and Oprah as a unity ticket in 2020? Seems like Oprah’s team is claiming there was a misunderstanding but Romney says otherwise!

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/16/oprah-mitt-romney-trump-2020

If Biden wasn’t up for it then YES!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-10-17, 09:38

steveschneider wrote:Romney and Oprah as a unity ticket in 2020? Seems like Oprah’s team is claiming there was a misunderstanding but Romney says otherwise!

The United States used to be a nation and not a toy for rich people to play with. It isn't a business either and it shouldn't be run like a business. I have enough problem with elected officials with actual experience profiting obscenely (as opposed to deservedly) off their public position. I don't need rich people with absolutely no idea what the job even might be like thinking they are a candidate even for the second spot somehow just because they were "smart" enough to get filthy rich.

I like Michelle Obama, but I don't like that path either. At least get elected senator or something. Honestly we have no respect for ourselves any more when we consider these things.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Cameron, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-17, 10:21

Rick Saunders wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Romney and Oprah as a unity ticket in 2020? Seems like Oprah’s team is claiming there was a misunderstanding but Romney says otherwise!

The United States used to be a nation and not a toy for rich people to play with.  It isn't a business either and it shouldn't be run like a business. I have enough problem with elected officials with actual experience profiting obscenely (as opposed to deservedly) off their public position.  I don't need rich people with absolutely no idea what the job even might be like thinking they are a candidate even for the second spot somehow just because they were "smart" enough to get filthy rich.

I like Michelle Obama, but I don't like that path either.  At least get elected senator or something.  Honestly we have no respect for ourselves any more when we consider these things.

I went down the worm hole of the guy who interviews trump supporters at rallies last night. While it’s funny, it’s also horrifying.  Trumps genius was tapping into those people.  Many believe he’s still presidents, there are two militaries, Biden, like birds, isn't real and space force will save us from aliens.  They vote and they are indeed a cult.

Also, check out Nancy Pelosi’s daughters documentary on HBO, the insurrectionists next door.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-18, 13:05

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/10/18/2200167/-RFK-Jr-spent-years-stoking-fear-and-mistrust-of-vaccines-Here-s-who-gets-hurt-by-Kennedy-s-work

If you are thinking of voting third party RFKjr isn't a good choice.

Anti-vaxer using lies about cost/benefit analysis of vaccines...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2023-10-19, 08:25

If it's Trump v Biden, I will consider voting 3rd party.

Of the names mentioned I would vote for RFJ,Jr, and Musk.   If Manchin ran 3rd party I would vote for him. Romney? I'd vote for him over Trump/Biden too. At least we would have a competent adult as POTUS.

Did you guys see Biden's "press conference" onboard AF1?   Mumbling his way to suggesting Hamas learn to "shoot straight"?   My God, we have to do better than this.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-19, 08:35

I think I’m senile. I just saw someone post that they’d vote for RFK jr or Musk because we have to do better than Biden.

Sounds like something Joe Rogan would say.

I better get my cognitive abilities tested.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-10-19, 17:53

Rick Saunders wrote: The United States used to be a nation and not a toy for rich people to play with.

What? When?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-10-19, 17:56

Zurn wrote:If it's Trump v Biden, I will consider voting 3rd party.

Of the names mentioned I would vote for RFJ,Jr, and Musk.   If Manchin ran 3rd party I would vote for him. Romney? I'd vote for him over Trump/Biden too. At least we would have a competent adult as POTUS.

Did you guys see Biden's "press conference" onboard AF1?   Mumbling his way to suggesting Hamas learn to "shoot straight"?   My God, we have to do better than this.

Sorry didn’t see it because I don’t watch Supercuts of all things old man do bad. I read the paper and very rarely listen to or watch a speech because I’m a normal fucking person who doesn’t live for schadenfreude. Yeah he’s old. Big deal. He started the renewable revolution in this country, he’s been a staunch defender of Ukraine and he actually courts the unions with substance unlike democrats for the last 20 years. and that’s enough to earn my vote again.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-10-19, 18:23

You have to be trolling to say you'd vote for musk or rfk Jr. Lmfao.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-19, 18:33

Rocinante wrote:
Zurn wrote:If it's Trump v Biden, I will consider voting 3rd party.

Sorry didn’t see it because I don’t watch Supercuts of all things old man do bad. I read the paper and very rarely listen to or watch a speech because I’m a normal fucking person who doesn’t live for schadenfreude. Yeah he’s old. Big deal. He started the renewable revolution in this country, he’s been a staunch defender of Ukraine and he actually courts the unions with substance unlike democrats for the last 20 years. and that’s enough to earn my vote again.
Let alone addressing infrastructure and leading the country to a soft landing after the pandemic fucked up the economy so bad.
I can't think of a bad thing he's done... other than age, I suppose.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down