Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

+18
Zurn
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CaptainSlow33
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Pervis Muldoon
steveschneider
MSU addict
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread Empty Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-21, 20:04

Guys I shouldn’t need to explain that a pregame thread of any fashion is not the game thread
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread Empty Re: Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 20:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Guys I shouldn’t need to explain that a pregame thread of any fashion is not the game thread

A new thread isn't worth the effort.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread Empty Re: Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-21, 20:06

Focus please
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 20:27

Announcers are in full on SCum slurp mode.Michigan vs Michigan state game thread 1401550746
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-10-21, 20:29

Heat Miser wrote:Announcers are in full on SCum slurp mode.Michigan vs Michigan state game thread 1401550746

I had it muted on their first drive, and I rarely do that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-21, 20:30

You need a game to have a game thread.

Can we make it the uniform thread. They are nice. I like them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 20:49

Hopefully Harbs calls off the dogs at 35 or 42. But I wouldn't.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-21, 20:51

Should have taken the over instead of the points
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 21:02

😂 saved by the rules.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-10-21, 21:04

Loudest cheer from Spartans was when UM didn't score on the last play of the first half. Michigan vs Michigan state game thread 502811600

I like to think there was some sarcasm in that cheer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-21, 21:20

Can we please get the ball to Maliq Carr?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-10-21, 21:23

Did they really put Hitler up on the big screens?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 21:32

Oops
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-21, 21:32

InTenSity wrote:Did they really put Hitler up on the big screens?
Yeah they were putting up some YouTube trivia thing. A question about hitler came up. It’s not like we were like hey let’s put up a picture of hitler.

But fucking so stupid. The only thing I was hoping for today is no stupid shit from us. Nothing that can take eyeballs away from their cheating. This is one of those things that is a stupid own goal that can do just that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 21:43

3rd and 1 and you pitch it 7 yards deep. WTF?!?!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 21:48

Not sure I've ever seen the double PF on 1 team before. 😂
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-10-21, 21:52

Hey Dantonio, you think fuckbaugh won't score? Stop being the bigger man. Never Fucking don't stop. Hey Haller. Fuck you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-21, 21:52

Heat Miser wrote:Not sure I've ever seen the double PF on 1 team before. 😂
Always thought only 1 penalty counted for yardage and down...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-21, 21:57

Aaaand the white flag is flown at 5:12 of the third quarter.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 22:04

InTenSity wrote:Hey Dantonio, you think fuckbaugh won't score? Stop being the bigger man. Never Fucking don't stop. Hey Haller. Fuck you.

Why is any of this Haller's fault?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-21, 22:11

Fuck this team, staff, program. Burn this shit to the ground.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MSU addict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-21, 22:17

DWags wrote:Fuck this team, staff, program. Burn this shit to the ground.
I feel bad for Barnett. Got thrown into a shitty situation.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-10-21, 22:19

Heat Miser wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Hey Dantonio, you think fuckbaugh won't score? Stop being the bigger man. Never Fucking don't stop. Hey Haller. Fuck you.

Why is any of this Haller's fault?
Why not?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-21, 22:21

The Pantry wrote:
I feel bad for Barnett. Got thrown into a shitty situation.

I don’t. See you later. Thanks for being a great Spartan.

Why cant we let all recruits know this ass clown car of a staff Is gone right now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MSU addict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-21, 22:29

How the fuck was that not a 1st down?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-10-21, 22:29

The Pantry wrote:
I feel bad for Barnett.  Got thrown into a shitty situation.
I don't.  He was given an opportunity and has failed in every aspect.

The team lacks talent and he is saddled with some shitty assistant coaches but this team has simply under performed with him as head coach.  Last week was inexcusable.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2023-10-21, 22:51; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-21, 22:36

Fuck this. My truck is in lot 62. I’m leaving it. I’ve never been so bummed at a lack of attitude. No pride and dumb ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-21, 22:36

MSU addict wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I feel bad for Barnett. Got thrown into a shitty situation.
I don't. He was given an opportunity and has failed in every aspect.

The team lacks talent and he is saddled with some shitty assistant but this team has simply under performed with him as head coach. Last week was inexcusable.

I don’t think Nick Saban could do much better with this squad. This program desperately needs talent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-10-21, 22:37

I feel like this one might be starting to slip away.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay, duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 22:39

steveschneider wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I feel bad for Barnett. Got thrown into a shitty situation.
I don't. He was given an opportunity and has failed in every aspect.

The team lacks talent and he is saddled with some shitty assistant but this team has simply under performed with him as head coach. Last week was inexcusable.

I don’t think Nick Saban could do much better with this squad. This program desperately needs talent.

There is talent on the roster, but there are no playmakers. The coaching/play calling is for shit though. Saban would absolutely do better.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-10-21, 22:42

I don't know.. at this point I'm okay with starting a fight in the tunnel after the game.

And by 'fight', I mean DWags and Haller.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-21, 22:44

They didn't have to, but scored that last TD for the over.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-10-21, 23:18

This blow out loss was what I’ve been expecting since the Maryland game.  I had feared this was going to be a lost season after game 3.

There is no bright side of this season.  I suspected MSU was in deep trouble when the early recruiting reports MSU was at the level of Northwestern the week before Tucker was suspended.  Tucker was distracted by a lot of things beginning with his separation and probable impending divorce, the complaint filed by Brenda Tracey and being unable to recruit the way he expected he could.

Maybe Harlan Barnett gets a job in the AD’s office but I see no need for him to coach as an assistant or DC for MSU after what the last 4 Big Ten games have shown me.

Mel Tucker turned out to be a train wreck of a person and a marginal HC who thought he could rely on transfers.  MSU football is a casualty of hiring Tucker.

The coaching search can begin in earnest and in my opinion none of the current staff has to be part of the staff for the ‘24 season.

Haller has one more chance to get a football hire right or MSU will be looking for a new AD next time around.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-21, 23:53

Results from teams whose coach is rumored to be a target for the MSU job:

Duke: L(5-2)
KSU: W(5-2)
WSU: L(4-3)
Marshall: L(4-3)
KU: DNP (5-2)

Conclusion: no great candidates or there among HCs.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-21, 23:57

I mean we had a trivia question about Hitler.

For mother fucking sakes alive. For fuck sake. For ever loving mother fucking sakes a fucking alive.

I’m mentally exhausted. I’m checking out. We are giving our final home game away. We should have given every one of them away.

I know it doesn’t matter if we win. I know my life doesn’t change. I get that. But I love msu. I love what it’s done for my family. But during a week where we have the moral high ground we not only get an undisciplined ejection from a game we’re getting our asses handed to us but our administration allows a trivia question about Hitler.

I’m so fucking mentally exhausted. I love MSU. How do we correct this shit
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-22, 00:26

DWags wrote:I mean we had a trivia question about Hitler.  

For mother fucking sakes alive.  For fuck sake.  For ever loving mother fucking sakes a fucking alive.

I’m mentally exhausted.  I’m checking out. We are giving our final home game away. We should have given every one of them away.

I know it doesn’t matter if we win. I know my life doesn’t change.  I get that. But I love msu. I love what it’s done for my family. But during a week where we have the moral high ground we not only get an undisciplined ejection from a game we’re getting our asses handed to us but our administration allows a trivia question about Hitler.  

I’m so fucking mentally exhausted.  I love MSU. How do we correct this shit
You know I almost posted yesterday but got too busy, I said it up other people though. I didn’t care if we lost by 50. But don’t do any stupid self inflicted shit that takes eyeballs away from their cheating. Keep the focus on hauser running back and forth from the sideline every play and the absurdity of what they’ve been doing.

But we can’t help it. We just have to let a video with hitler on it get on our video board. Or whatever other stupid bullshit we could have fucked up. Because we’re massive morons who can’t accomplish the simplest of tasks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, DWags, Trapper Gus and CaptainSlow33 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-22, 00:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:I mean we had a trivia question about Hitler.  

For mother fucking sakes alive.  For fuck sake.  For ever loving mother fucking sakes a fucking alive.

I’m mentally exhausted.  I’m checking out. We are giving our final home game away. We should have given every one of them away.

I know it doesn’t matter if we win. I know my life doesn’t change.  I get that. But I love msu. I love what it’s done for my family. But during a week where we have the moral high ground we not only get an undisciplined ejection from a game we’re getting our asses handed to us but our administration allows a trivia question about Hitler.  

I’m so fucking mentally exhausted.  I love MSU. How do we correct this shit
You know I almost posted yesterday but got too busy, I said it up other people though. I didn’t care if we lost by 50. But don’t do any stupid self inflicted shit that takes eyeballs away from their cheating. Keep the focus on hauser running back and forth from the sideline every play and the absurdity of what they’ve been doing.

But we can’t help it. We just have to let a video with hitler on it get on our video board. Or whatever other stupid bullshit we could have fucked up. Because we’re massive morons who can’t accomplish the simplest of tasks.

There is a straw that breaks your back. Mine was broken today. We let a scum of the earth program look better than us. Both athletically, that was obvious. But morally and ethically too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-10-22, 01:26

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I feel like this one might be starting to slip away.

umaa just scored again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-10-22, 01:39

Silver lining: as bad as this loss felt, I can’t imagine how much worse it would have felt to be bombarded with Mel Tuckerisms after a horrible loss like that. Getting your dick kicked in by your hated rival is bad enough, but seeing a bunch of “Keep Chopping”, “Relentless” posts as the clock hits zero would have been the worst.

This reminds me of on a sitcom, where the story arc revolves around everything going wrong. The season has been an absolute dumpster fire, in the most humiliating way. Just when we think we’ve finally hit the bottom, they post a picture of goddamn Hitler on the video board. As Lansing Facts pointed out, MSU had more pictures of Hitler than points on the scoreboard tonight. Does the Athletic Department think we are tanking for draft picks?

I’m not angry. We got rid of Mel Tucker, and that alone feels like a win this season. I feel bad for the players - you could tell that they don’t believe in the program, and are out there for personal pride right now. I feel bad for Harlon Barnett. No, he is absolutely not the right person for this job, but he also had a pretty shit hand to work with for his audition - trying to salvage a season with Mel’s players and Mel’s staff. Dude loves MSU, but he was never going to do much better than what he is right now under these circumstances. I feel bad for the people who wasted their money on season tickets in hopes of escaping reality for a bit - season tickets ain’t cheap, and I have to imagine many of them are feeling pretty burned right now. As bad as tonight felt, it’s not rock bottom. We had the result we were supposed to have against an overwhelmingly better team. Rock bottom will be equally humiliating losses to far worse teams in the weeks to come. This season has been an absolute fever dream - I really hope that MSU manages to make magic happen with a home run hire, but I’m not going to get my hopes up.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-10-22, 01:41

I checked out before this game. Actually figured it would be more like 63-0 or maybe we get a FG. I only watched long enough to look at the black uniforms. Tucker’s time here will set our program back a couple years at a minimum, and probably more like five, even in the era of the portal.
The Hitler fuck up belonged to a 3rd party contractor, but it’s on MSU for not checking in advance. Their scoreboard, their responsibility. Unbelievable.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next