Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

+18
Zurn
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CaptainSlow33
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Pervis Muldoon
steveschneider
MSU addict
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

Post by CaptainSlow33 Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:46 am

tGreenWay wrote:I checked out before this game. Actually figured it would be more like 63-0 or maybe we get a FG. I only watched long enough to look at the black uniforms. Tucker’s time here will set our program back a couple years at a minimum, and probably more like five, even in the era of the portal.
The Hitler fuck up belonged to a 3rd party contractor, but it’s on MSU for not checking in advance. Their scoreboard, their responsibility. Unbelievable.

Who knew that a coach who insisted on pushing his own personal brand over the university’s would leave the program in shambles? Maybe tonight was the soul-cleansing ass kicking we needed to finally start to turn things around. I doubt it, because every time I think we’ve found rock bottom MSU rents a goddamn steam shovel, but I can hope.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Michigan vs Michigan state game thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan vs Michigan state game thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:46 am

tGreenWay wrote:I checked out before this game. Actually figured it would be more like 63-0 or maybe we get a FG. I only watched long enough to look at the black uniforms. Tucker’s time here will set our program back a couple years at a minimum, and probably more like five, even in the era of the portal.
The Hitler fuck up belonged to a 3rd party contractor, but it’s on MSU for not checking in advance. Their scoreboard, their responsibility. Unbelievable.

they played a trivia video on youtube and apparently did not watch it beforehand
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:48 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

they played a trivia video on youtube and apparently did not watch it beforehand

Or worse, they did.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:40 am

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don’t think Nick Saban could do much better with this squad. This program desperately needs talent.

There is talent on the roster, but there are no playmakers. The coaching/play calling is for shit though. Saban would absolutely do better.

Our qb has a really bad arm, the ol looked completely over powered and our wr’s couldn’t get any separation. On long 3rd downs Michigan made it look super easy moving the sticks. Maybe better play calling gets us a field goal or in the red zone once but we didn’t look like we were in the same league.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:09 am

One other thought they were talking about how McCarthy will go down as the greatest UofM qb of all time. lol

Further proof that scheduling the weakest schedule possible is a smart strategy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:16 am

DWags wrote:I mean we had a trivia question about Hitler.

For mother fucking sakes alive. For fuck sake. For ever loving mother fucking sakes a fucking alive.

I’m mentally exhausted. I’m checking out. We are giving our final home game away. We should have given every one of them away.

I know it doesn’t matter if we win. I know my life doesn’t change. I get that. But I love msu. I love what it’s done for my family. But during a week where we have the moral high ground we not only get an undisciplined ejection from a game we’re getting our asses handed to us but our administration allows a trivia question about Hitler.

I’m so fucking mentally exhausted. I love MSU. How do we correct this shit
You really need to step away dude. I fear for your blood pressure.
The only fingers to be pointed are at Tucker (and the coordinators for the on the field bs i suppose), the rest is bad luck and playing out the shitty hand dealt.
Blaming Haller or Barnett is just you trying to focus the disappointment on someone who can be punished.
This is the punishment for Mel's bad judgment.

Deep breaths, rebuild mode. Check back in 2025-26.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:26 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:I mean we had a trivia question about Hitler.

For mother fucking sakes alive. For fuck sake. For ever loving mother fucking sakes a fucking alive.

I’m mentally exhausted. I’m checking out. We are giving our final home game away. We should have given every one of them away.

I know it doesn’t matter if we win. I know my life doesn’t change. I get that. But I love msu. I love what it’s done for my family. But during a week where we have the moral high ground we not only get an undisciplined ejection from a game we’re getting our asses handed to us but our administration allows a trivia question about Hitler.

I’m so fucking mentally exhausted. I love MSU. How do we correct this shit
You really need to step away dude. I fear for your blood pressure.
The only fingers to be pointed are at Tucker (and the coordinators for the on the field bs i suppose), the rest is bad luck and playing out the shitty hand dealt.
Blaming Haller or Barnett is just you trying to focus the disappointment on someone who can be punished.
This is the punishment for Mel's bad judgment.

Deep breaths, rebuild mode. Check back in 2025-26.

100%
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:33 am

This fan base needs to learn how to be patient. We can’t fire our way out of this. Change will happen and even then it’s not going to be a good football team. We actually could learn a thing or two from our rivals. I saw Spartans across multiple platforms saying Harbaugh deserved to be fired along with some UofM fans but overall he maintained the support of the majority of fans. The secret ingredient is time. Even when we had Saban it wasn’t until towards year five that he was turning that team into a powerhouse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:59 am

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You know I almost posted yesterday but got too busy, I said it up other people though. I didn’t care if we lost by 50. But don’t do any stupid self inflicted shit that takes eyeballs away from their cheating. Keep the focus on hauser running back and forth from the sideline every play and the absurdity of what they’ve been doing.

But we can’t help it. We just have to let a video with hitler on it get on our video board. Or whatever other stupid bullshit we could have fucked up. Because we’re massive morons who can’t accomplish the simplest of tasks.

There is a straw that breaks your back. Mine was broken today. We let a scum of the earth program look better than us. Both athletically, that was obvious. But morally and ethically too.

Yost Ice Arena says hold my beer.
Cheating mother fuckers and their excuse making, rationalizing, lying coaches and fan base say hi also.

Sorry. That’s the bacon and coffee talking.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:03 am

The Pantry wrote:I feel bad for Barnett. Got thrown into a shitty situation.

Agree. HB is a good man. It has to be tough to be a loyal Spartan coaching this team knowing that you are out at the end of the season.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:06 am

Heat Miser wrote:Results from teams whose coach is rumored to be a target for the MSU job:

Duke: L(5-2)
KSU: W(5-2)
WSU: L(4-3)
Marshall: L(4-3)
KU: DNP (5-2)

Conclusion: no great candidates or there among HCs.

I don't think picking the next HC just based on his W-L of this season would be the right approach.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:41 am

Zurn wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I feel bad for Barnett. Got thrown into a shitty situation.

Agree. HB is a good man. It has to be tough to be a loyal Spartan coaching this team knowing that you are out at the end of the season.

It’s refreshing to me that - for the most part - our fan base isn’t directing their anger at HB for this season. Dude loves the university and the team, but I personally doubt Nick Saban would do significantly better with this roster and this staff. I maintain that HB probably wouldn’t be the right choice to take over the program at this point in time, but he was given a pretty impossible audition to prove himself this year. I don’t care what his record as a head coach will ultimately be, HB is a good man and a good Spartan. I’ll always appreciate the way he has handled himself during what has to be a pretty discouraging time.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:45 am

Zurn wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Results from teams whose coach is rumored to be a target for the MSU job:

I don't think picking the next HC just based on his W-L of this season would be the right approach.
Have you actually read the internet lately?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:59 pm

Zurn wrote:

Neither do I. But it is a relevant data point. And I'm pretty sure we're not hiring any coach with a losing record.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:35 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Neither do I. But it is a relevant data point. And I'm pretty sure we're not hiring any coach with a losing record.

Again?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:50 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Again?

Since we're not hiring in February this time, no, not again.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:05 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
[/b]

Again?

We hope we are not hiring in February, but we are MSU
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:07 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
[/b]

Again?

We hope we are not hiring in February, but we are MSU

Cute SLS meme, but no, not happening.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:10 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
[/b]

Again?

Technically if MSU hired CUM…….
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:13 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:
[/b]

Again?

That wouldn't happen in February either. And if you want to count Jax as a losing record, you go right ahead. I'll stick with his relevant college record.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:21 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

That wouldn't happen in February either. And if you want to count Jax as a losing record, you go right ahead. I'll stick with his relevant college record.

As far as Urbs goes I honestly don’t think he wants to coach again. Sure, you could throw enough money at him to coach again but I don’t think your changing his mind about wanting to coach again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:51 pm

If I were a 59 year old, with millions in the bank... making 7 million a year talking for 3 hours 5 months a year, there is no way in hell I'd ever go back to that fucking grind for a couple million more. The stress of dealing with mouthy fatheads "demanding excellence", kissing 17 year old's asses, camps and donors and bullshit.... yeah, no thanks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:00 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:If I where a 59 year old, with millions in the bank... making 7 million a year talking for 3 hours 5 months a year, there is no way in hell I'd ever go back to that fucking grind for a couple million more. The stress of dealing with mouthy fatheads "demanding excellence", kissing 17 year old's asses, camps and donors and bullshit.... yeah, no thanks.

It’s so obvious. Crazy how people don’t understand.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:12 pm

You guys really have no idea what he wants. Neither do I. You can guess, I guess, but don’t you think it sounds as absurd as if I said all of the reasons he might want to coach again? There are many valid reasons. It’s fine to just file the point of “does he want to coach again” under no one knows and move on with it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:26 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys really have no idea what he wants. Neither do I. You can guess, I guess, but don’t you think it sounds as absurd as if I said all of the reasons he might want to coach again? There are many valid reasons. It’s fine to just file the point of “does he want to coach again” under no one knows and move on with it.

He’s told you twice in the last week. Michigan vs Michigan state game thread - Page 2 2599972566

You might be on to something though. The MSU job is the best job that’s become vacant since 2018 Michigan vs Michigan state game thread - Page 2 1494614055
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:37 pm

He said that about every job he’s ever taking stretching back to McDonald’s in high school. I’m not sure that means very much

But I think you need to wrestle with your own insecurities with the second part of your post. The things Michigan state can be are really great and exactly what would attract a coach who knows he can make that happen quickly.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:04 pm

Who won?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:05 pm

Biden's student loan debt forgiveness (in the long run)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:07 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:If I were a 59 year old, with millions in the bank... making 7 million a year talking for 3 hours 5 months a year, there is no way in hell I'd ever go back to that fucking grind for a couple million more. The stress of dealing with mouthy fatheads "demanding excellence", kissing 17 year old's asses, camps and donors and bullshit.... yeah, no thanks.

You can't really compare these people to a normal average person. they aren't.
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:28 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:If I were a 59 year old, with millions in the bank... making 7 million a year talking for 3 hours 5 months a year, there is no way in hell I'd ever go back to that fucking grind for a couple million more. The stress of dealing with mouthy fatheads "demanding excellence", kissing 17 year old's asses, camps and donors and bullshit.... yeah, no thanks.

If he has the ego that he can win anywhere AND someone offered him $15 million/year, I'm guessing he might consider it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:03 pm

I still contend the hunger, for the vast majority, also correlates with relative youth... you need to have "something to prove" to motivate. You could tell when the wind left coach D's sails....(even if he couldn't necessarily)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:20 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I still contend the hunger, for the vast majority, also correlates with relative youth... you need to have "something to prove" to motivate. You could tell when the wind left coach D's sails....(even if he couldn't necessarily)

Wish I would have know when I was watching us win our last B1G title that that would be the last time I’d see a passionate CMD. That thumping in the playoffs took all the wind out of his sails, after he saw how big the gap still was.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:30 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I still contend the hunger, for the vast majority, also correlates with relative youth... you need to have "something to prove" to motivate. You could tell when the wind left coach D's sails....(even if he couldn't necessarily)
You don’t think that the guy that had that happen in Jacksonville might not have some hunger about legacy and not leaving it on that note? 

Again I have no idea what he thinks, just like the rest of you. But I don’t think that’s so inconceivable.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:41 pm

Mack Brown is 72. He took the UNC job (again) 4 years ago, after being out of coaching for 6 years.

Maybe he thought he had something left to prove. Or just needed the money. Who knows.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:53 pm

You don’t think that the guy that had that happen in Jacksonville might not have some hunger about legacy and not leaving it on that note? 

Again I have no idea what he thinks, just like the rest of you. But I don’t think that’s so inconceivable.

Certainly not impossible to imagine him wanting to hop back into coaching, but it feels like he has a pretty cherry gig right now. I would personally be surprised if he 1) wants to get back to the college coaching grind, 2) would want to bet what’s left of his legacy on MSU, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:26 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Certainly not impossible to imagine him wanting to hop back into coaching, but it feels like he has a pretty cherry gig right now. I would personally be surprised if he 1) wants to get back to the college coaching grind, 2) [b]would want to bet what’s left of his legacy on MSU, but who knows. [/b】Stranger things have happened.
I suppose it will be assumed that if he does commit to this, he will have other commitments to the resources needed to purchase a team.
So "Go Green"...?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:26 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Certainly not impossible to imagine him wanting to hop back into coaching, but it feels like he has a pretty cherry gig right now. I would personally be surprised if he 1) wants to get back to the college coaching grind, 2) would want to bet what’s left of his legacy on MSU, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.
I suppose it will be assumed that if he does commit to this, he will have other commitments to the resources needed to purchase a team.
So "Go Green"...?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:39 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:He said that about every job he’s ever taking stretching back to McDonald’s in high school. I’m not sure that means very much

But I think you need to wrestle with your own insecurities with the second part of your post. The things Michigan state can be are really great and exactly what would attract a coach who knows he can make that happen quickly.

What this tells me is — despite saying he wasn’t interested, twice, on national sports programs — forget what Urban Meyer says because it can’t be trusted. That’s not exactly a ringing endorsement of his character.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:41 pm

Statement from AD Haller regarding the image of Hitler appearing on the scoreboard:

https://msuspartans.com/news/2023/10/22/general-statement-from-michigan-state-university-vice-president-and-director-of-athletics-alan-haller.aspx
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Statement from AD Haller regarding the image of Hitler appearing on the scoreboard:

https://msuspartans.com/news/2023/10/22/general-statement-from-michigan-state-university-vice-president-and-director-of-athletics-alan-haller.aspx
Heil?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next