Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would not be suprised if Michigan had more lakes: Minnesota pregame thread

+14
Pervis Muldoon
aualum06
Heat Miser
DWags
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I would not be suprised if Michigan had more lakes: Minnesota pregame thread - Page 3 Empty Re: I would not be suprised if Michigan had more lakes: Minnesota pregame thread

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-28, 18:43

Minnesota could actually play in the Big Ten Championship.

😂
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I would not be suprised if Michigan had more lakes: Minnesota pregame thread - Page 3 Empty Re: I would not be suprised if Michigan had more lakes: Minnesota pregame thread

Post by aualum06 2023-10-28, 18:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Over the shit. MSU isn't this bad, but Barnett is holy shit bad
Barnett didn't make this mess, he's just trying to finish the season.
Johnson and beard are fair game, they've been "coordinating" this shitshow since the beginning.

Nah they are all a shit show. Not one coach on this staff is making a positive difference, I feel for Barnett as he's in an impossible spot but come on
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-28, 18:52

So do we prefer the boring Houser offense, or the exciting turnover Leavitt offense? The result is pretty much the same.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-10-28, 18:54

Heat Miser wrote:So do we prefer the boring Houser offense, or the exciting turnover Leavitt offense? The result is pretty much the same.

Houser seems to have a noodle arm
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-10-28, 18:55

aualum06 wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Johnson and beard are fair game, they've been "coordinating" this shitshow since the beginning.

Nah they are all a shit show. Not one coach on this staff is making a positive difference, I feel for Barnett as he's in an impossible spot but come on

I think highly of HB for all he’s done for MSU, but his time as a coach should be coming to an end. AFAIK, he’s always been an excellent representative for the school, so give him some role as an MSU ambassador as he rides off into retirement.
I’d keep Courtney Hawkins because I think he could become a vg coach and he’s displayed some talent as a recruiter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-28, 18:56

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:So do we prefer the boring Houser offense, or the exciting turnover Leavitt offense? The result is pretty much the same.

Seemed pretty good against Rutgers. Maybe he got PTSD from the SCum game.I would not be suprised if Michigan had more lakes: Minnesota pregame thread - Page 3 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-28, 18:59

tGreenWay wrote:
aualum06 wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I think highly of HB for all he’s done for MSU, but his time as a coach should be coming to an end. AFAIK, he’s always been an excellent representative for the school, so give him some role as an MSU ambassador as he rides off into retirement.
I’d keep Courtney Hawkins because I think he could become a vg coach and he’s displayed some talent as a recruiter.

Regarding Hawkins, our receivers don't get open very much. No separation. How much of that is coaching vs talent I don't know.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-10-28, 19:02

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Regarding Hawkins, our receivers don't get open very much. No separation. How much of that is coaching vs talent I don't know.

When they’ve gotten open the pass doesn’t get there or they’ve dropped them. It seems like these receivers have talent, but like you said, I don’t know either.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-10-28, 19:03

Also the onside kick was a very desperate and very dumb call
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-10-28, 19:25

kingstonlake wrote:First interview question for potential new coach: Name the only player on offense you’ll keep on scholarship

If he doesn’t say Carter, end the interview.
Jimmies and Joes
We don't have any.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-28, 19:29

Our line is Mac level bad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-10-28, 19:29

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:First interview question for potential new coach: Name the only player on offense you’ll keep on scholarship

If he doesn’t say Carter, end the interview.
Jimmies and Joes
We don't have any.

It starts with QB and blocking for the said QB
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-28, 19:49

aualum06 wrote:

Throwing off his back foot because he's backing up all the time.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-28, 19:50

aualum06 wrote:Also the onside kick was a very desperate and very dumb call

Agreed. Way too early to do that. And down 5? Didn't like it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-28, 20:33

I just don't know what to say about this team. A failed experiment from top to bottom.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-28, 20:39

Come on guys... we still got a chance against Indiana, our greatest rival.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-28, 20:44

Trapper Gus wrote:I just don't know what to say about this team. A failed experiment from top to bottom.

Hall is a player. Hope he sticks around.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-28, 21:18

I refuse to believe this roster is devoid of talent. I have to believe more than half the problem is coaching/scheme.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay, DWags and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-28, 21:23

Heat Miser wrote:I refuse to believe this roster is devoid of talent. I have to believe more than half the problem is coaching/scheme.

That is a hopeful thought, however IMO poor coaching or playing on a poorly coached team can ruin talent.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-28, 21:34

Heat Miser wrote:I refuse to believe this roster is devoid of talent. I have to believe more than half the problem is coaching/scheme.

There’s talent. We’d be 4-4 with mediocre coaching.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-28, 21:39

NigelUno wrote:

There’s talent. We’d be 4-4 with mediocre coaching.
These conversations are more or less irrelevant. The new coach will use or discard the "talent" as they deem necessary.... I guess having first Crack at these kids is better than the alternative but really... doesn't matter anymore. Nil commitment from donates means more.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-28, 21:47

Trapper Gus wrote:

That is a hopeful thought, however IMO poor coaching or playing on a poorly coached team can ruin talent.

And good coaching can revive that talent IMHO. The amount of actual talent on the roster influences how long the "rebuild" will take.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-28, 22:27

Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

And good coaching can revive that talent IMHO. The amount of actual talent on the roster influences how long the "rebuild" will take.
Don't ask fucking Steve about this...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-28, 22:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

We need a Rock Star hire.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-10-29, 01:48

Results from teams whose coach is rumored to be a target for the MSU job:

KU: W(6-2)
KSU: W(6-2)
WSU: L(4-4)
OSU: L(6-2)
Marshall: L(4-4)
Urbs: DNP(0-0)
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-29, 06:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Ask Justin Spiro or Jim Comparoni they have insiders.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-29, 07:08

Heat Miser wrote:Results from teams whose coach is rumored to be a target for the MSU job:

Jason Candle 7-1
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-29, 08:29

Heat Miser wrote:Results from teams whose coach is rumored to be a target for the MSU job:

I'm fine with the first 2. Marshall and Duke Coach have lost their luster.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-29, 08:42

There’s a couple of 4-4 teams have lost their luster.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-10-29, 09:48

It's time to put Matt Rhule on the list. I generally don't support former linebackers for head coaching positions, but he's starting to win games at Nebraska of all places.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-29, 09:53

I hope the guy that hates trolling isn’t in this thread trolling…
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-29, 10:02

Some of the 4-4 coaches out there who’ve been mentioned as potential hires do seem to have lost their luster.

Sorry if I’ve hurt anyone’s feelings.

In the future I’ll only mention coaches who’ve lost their luster that don’t offend anyone.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2023-10-29, 10:15

Pervis Muldoon wrote:It's time to put Matt Rhule on the list.

Has a Big10 head coach ever taken a head coaching job at another Big10 school?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-10-29, 11:23

Zurn wrote:

I don't know but MSU took Mel Tucker from Colorado and Colorado was once in the same conference as Nebraska so that pretty much set the precedent for MSU to take Rhule from Nebraska.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-29, 11:42

Zurn wrote:

Alex Agase
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-10-29, 12:05

NigelUno wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Alex Agase

The hippie tennis player?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-29, 13:46

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Alex Agase

The hippie tennis player?

His older brother.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-10-29, 14:37

Pervis Muldoon wrote:It's time to put Matt Rhule on the list. I generally don't support former linebackers for head coaching positions, but he's starting to win games at Nebraska of all places.

It's fine as long as they don't become GMs or professional football teams in the city of Detroit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3