Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Division no more - Skullfuck the Huskers

+15
Cameron
Pervis Muldoon
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
Nordic
DWags
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Division no more - Skullfuck the Huskers - Page 2 Empty Re: Division no more - Skullfuck the Huskers

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-10, 21:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:don’t blame me maybe blame the coach who is 31-30 in the big ten in the last 4 years. Latter Dantonio part 2.

Lotta games left.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Division no more - Skullfuck the Huskers - Page 2 Empty Re: Division no more - Skullfuck the Huskers

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-12-10, 22:07

OTPT was there? I was too. Nice arena. Good fans. I said dammit Mady, dammit Cooper, dammit Jaden and c'mon Tyson. I feel like I gave it my all, but we still lost.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay, Nordic and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-12-10, 22:41

Nordic wrote:My bad. I went out to dinner and totally forgot about the game.

No, I think the GSM is blaming OTPT. I think you’re in the clear. OTPT is very cleverly trying to blame our HOF coach but I’m not sure anyone is buying it.

Meanwhile I have 25 bucks on a title for both MSU and the Milwaukee bucks in my futures. I had the $4,275 dollars spent on a new pontoon boat for the summer. Now where am I coming up with a down payment? I have problems here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-12-10, 22:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Is 5* 6’11” Xavier Booker injured, not adjusting to what Izzo expects in practice, not playing defense / rebounding?

It’s odd that the most heralded recruit in a very good class hasn’t seen much PT.

I think you probably answered your own questions.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-10, 23:07

We were 5-4 after 9 games last year.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-12-10, 23:22

Nordic,

This is beginning look like a Bingham situation with one more recruiting star and 10 more pounds.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-11, 00:50

Pervis Muldoon wrote:OTPT was there? I was too. Nice arena. Good fans. I said dammit Mady, dammit Cooper, dammit Jaden and c'mon Tyson. I feel like I gave it my all, but we still lost.

what section were you in bro?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-11, 02:58

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:My bad. I went out to dinner and totally forgot about the game.

No, I think the GSM is blaming OTPT.    I think you’re in the clear.   OTPT is very cleverly trying to blame our HOF coach but I’m not sure anyone is buying it.

idk dwags i'm not sure who else to blame it seems to make sense to blame the guy in charge in this case
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-12-11, 06:28

Next dumbass to use skullfuck again gets banned.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 07:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

No, I think the GSM is blaming OTPT.    I think you’re in the clear.   OTPT is very cleverly trying to blame our HOF coach but I’m not sure anyone is buying it.

idk dwags i'm not sure who else to blame it seems to make sense to blame the guy in charge in this case

MUST BLAME SOMEONE!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-11, 08:00

NigelUno wrote:

MUST BLAME SOMEONE!!!
That is usually how accountability works you nailed it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-11, 08:02

If the only defense for izzo is “why you always gotta blame someone bro sometimes these things are beyond mere mortals control” then it probably is izzo’s fault
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-12-11, 08:12

Nice thread title, asshole.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 08:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If the only defense for izzo is “why you always gotta blame someone bro sometimes these things are beyond mere mortals control” then it probably is izzo’s fault

For sure. Izzo should be blamed for the 3 Hail Mary 3 pointers that Nebraska knocked down. Not sure what he was thinking.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-11, 08:26

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If the only defense for izzo is “why you always gotta blame someone bro sometimes these things are beyond mere mortals control” then it probably is izzo’s fault

For sure.  Izzo should be blamed for the 3 Hail Mary 3 pointers that Nebraska knocked down.  Not sure what he was thinking.  

Izzo can only win if the other team doesn’t make 3’s is what I’m hearing.

That’s part of the the game. We’re 4-5. What’s the excuse for the other 4?

Btw izzo wouldn’t be caught dead giving himself such a lame excuse and as such you shouldn’t either.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 08:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

For sure.  Izzo should be blamed for the 3 Hail Mary 3 pointers that Nebraska knocked down.  Not sure what he was thinking.  

Izzo can only win if the other team doesn’t make 3’s is what I’m hearing...

OK. I stopped there.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-12-11, 08:40

Pervis Muldoon wrote:OTPT was there? I was too. Nice arena. Good fans. I said dammit Mady, dammit Cooper, dammit Jaden and c'mon Tyson. I feel like I gave it my all, but we still lost.

114, near the band. How about you?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-11, 08:45

NigelUno wrote:
Izzo can only win if the other team doesn’t make 3’s is what I’m hearing...

OK.  I stopped there.  

Good, you’re just going to make excuses anyway. Pre 2020 Izzo would be ashamed of you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-12-11, 08:48

Something is wrong, it is Izzo's job to fix it. He has the talented players, they are not playing as a team.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-12-11, 09:18

Trapper Gus wrote:Something is wrong, it is Izzo's job to fix it. He has the talented players, they are not playing as a team.

We're not posting as a team either. Too much hero ball in these threads. It's time we look in our mirrors and ask ourselves, "Am I making other posters better?"
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 09:22

Trapper Gus wrote:Something is wrong, it is Izzo's job to fix it.  He has the talented players, they are not playing as a team.

We have some bad/weird losses every year. Usually they balance out with some wins. It's a long season.

He did say some changes were coming. We'll see what they are.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-12-11, 09:33

NigelUno wrote:

Izzo can only win if the other team doesn’t make 3’s is what I’m hearing.

That’s part of the the game. We’re 4-5. What’s the excuse for the other 4?

Btw izzo wouldn’t be caught dead giving himself such a lame excuse and as such you shouldn’t either.

Harbaugh can’t be held accountable for the actions of his staff is what I’m hearing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-12-11, 09:45

We suck in the middle. Hall is good and bad, who knows how to get that turned on and off. Hoggard started driving the ball more yesterday, but has lapses on defense. Walker seems like he’s embarrassed to play sometimes. Then he says to himself, “look fuckers I’ll show you how it’s done” Then is the best player on the court. Izzo won’t let Booker play because who knows why, and I’m thinking we don’t make the tournament.

Blame Izzo. Blame Stephen’s being gone and our bigs sucking. Blame whomever you want. But tell me why? Don’t go full RCMB. Here’s what I know well hear: “just like Dantonio”. Seriously, stfu, that’s idiotic. Dantonio lost enthusiasm and didn’t recruit well. Izzo has recruited high profile players and still works his ass off. Big difference. So, tell me why it’s not working. Is it correctable ?

I don’t know. I don’t get why this team seems to take plays off, goes cold, for long stretches. You can’t tell me we aren’t a top 25 team or that Izzo is phoning it in. He’s not.

My thought is we suck at the 5 spot, and this team doesn’t seem like they hate losing. The first part I guess we can get better at. The second part, I don’t know if we can. There’s my rant. I’ll be at the home games. Don’t know if I’ll go to the NIT first round.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-12-11, 09:57

I think Izzo has always been the alpha dog on the staff. Of course he should be. He’s a great coach.  Always been a great coach. I think he can coach defense and offense (although I swear I’m seeing the same motion and plays on offense I’ve seen for 20 years). What I think he lacks is the ability to coach his players positionally. You’ll never convince me he can coach a big on how to be better as a big. Hell, same with guards. That’s where your assistants come into play. Maybe he needs to take a long hard look at them. Because for the level of recruit he’s getting at the big position over his career the results are disappointing at best.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-11, 10:27

I don’t think it’s full rcmb to compare one legendary coach who had average or worse than average years towards the end of his career to another legendary coach who has had 4 average years in a row (or worse this year) towards the end of his career. But we will agree to disagree.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2023-12-11, 10:30; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-12-11, 10:29

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

114, near the band. How about you?

110. Atmosphere was fine, a little dead at times.
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 10:32

DWags wrote:We suck in the middle. Hall is good and bad, who knows how to get that turned on and off. Hoggard started driving the ball more yesterday, but has lapses on defense.  Walker seems like he’s embarrassed to play sometimes.  Then he says to himself, “look fuckers I’ll show you how it’s done”   Then is the best player on the court.  Izzo won’t let Booker play because who knows why, and I’m thinking we don’t make the tournament.  

Blame Izzo.   Blame Stephen’s being gone and our bigs sucking.  Blame whomever you want. But tell me why?   Don’t go full RCMB. Here’s what I know well hear: “just like Dantonio”. Seriously, stfu, that’s idiotic.  Dantonio lost enthusiasm and didn’t recruit well. Izzo has recruited high profile players and still works his ass off.  Big difference. So, tell me why it’s not working.  Is it correctable ?  

I don’t know. I don’t get why this team seems to take plays off, goes cold, for long stretches. You can’t tell me we aren’t a top 25 team or that Izzo is phoning it in. He’s not.

My thought is we suck at the 5 spot, and this team doesn’t seem like they hate losing.   The first part I guess we can get better at.  The second part, I don’t know if we can.  There’s my rant. I’ll be at the home games.  Don’t know if I’ll go to the NIT first round.

Hall and Hoggard generally play better against smaller teams (like Nebraska). Hall was a warrior last night. Could have done without the 3 at the end though. Loved the small ball lineup, but that also played to Nebraska's advantage a bit. Mady and Cooper weren't athletic enough on either end to make a difference. Kohler will help. He has good touch around the rim and better skills. Booker might be the wild card. If he can pop out and hit a few 3s, and give us some garbage buckets, then we might have to put up with his defense. Both Kohler and Booker will be better in pick and roll situations.

We need a more consistent threat from 3. That's what Hauser gave us. Akins might need to fill that role.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-12-11, 11:15

Kinda thought our guard play was going to be the strong point this year. Why are we 13th out of 14 teams in 3pt attempts? Sounds like a stale offense to me. 14 passes around the arc, then scramble for a shot with 5 seconds on the shot clock.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-12-11, 11:31

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:We suck in the middle. Hall is good and bad, who knows how to get that turned on and off. Hoggard started driving the ball more yesterday, but has lapses on defense.  Walker seems like he’s embarrassed to play sometimes.  Then he says to himself, “look fuckers I’ll show you how it’s done”   Then is the best player on the court.  Izzo won’t let Booker play because who knows why, and I’m thinking we don’t make the tournament.  

Blame Izzo.   Blame Stephen’s being gone and our bigs sucking.  Blame whomever you want. But tell me why?   Don’t go full RCMB. Here’s what I know well hear: “just like Dantonio”. Seriously, stfu, that’s idiotic.  Dantonio lost enthusiasm and didn’t recruit well. Izzo has recruited high profile players and still works his ass off.  Big difference. So, tell me why it’s not working.  Is it correctable ?  

My thought is we suck at the 5 spot, and this team doesn’t seem like they hate losing.   The first part I guess we can get better at.  The second part, I don’t know if we can.  There’s my rant. I’ll be at the home games.  Don’t know if I’ll go to the NIT first round.

Hall and Hoggard generally play better against smaller teams (like Nebraska). Hall was a warrior last night. Could have done without the 3 at the end though. Loved the small ball lineup, but that also played to Nebraska's advantage a bit. Mady and Cooper weren't athletic enough on either end to make a difference. Kohler will help. He has good touch around the rim and better skills. Booker might be the wild card. If he can pop out and hit a few 3s, and give us some garbage buckets, then we might have to put up with his defense. Both Kohler and Booker will be better in pick and roll situations.

We need a more consistent threat from 3. That's what Hauser gave us. Akins might need to fill that role.

I wonder if it’s a lack of confidence, or if they are fearful of Izzo’s wrath? They seem like they would rather pass, then take a shot. Either way, it's something Izzo is going to have to fix.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-12-11, 11:53

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I wonder if it’s a lack of confidence, or if they are fearful of Izzo’s wrath? They seem like they would rather pass, then take a shot. Either way, it's something Izzo is going to have to fix.

Let's take Izzo's wrath off the table. That's not a factor because he doesn't get mad about missed shots; he gets mad about bad shots. His teams have had some great three-point percentages over the years, which wouldn't happen if he made players scared to shoot. He's more likely to get mad when a good shooter passes up a good shot.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 12:01

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Hall and Hoggard generally play better against smaller teams (like Nebraska).  Hall was a warrior last night.  Could have done without the 3 at the end though.  Loved the small ball lineup, but that also played to Nebraska's advantage a bit.  Mady and Cooper weren't athletic enough on either end to make a difference.  Kohler will help.  He has good touch around the rim and better skills.  Booker might be the wild card.  If he can pop out and hit a few 3s, and give us some garbage buckets, then we might have to put up with his defense.  Both Kohler and Booker will be better in pick and roll situations.

We need a more consistent threat from 3.  That's what Hauser gave us.  Akins might need to fill that role.  

I wonder if it’s a lack of confidence, or if they are fearful of  Izzo’s wrath?   They seem like they would rather pass, then take a shot.  Either way, it's something Izzo is going to have to fix.

I think some of the guys who aren't great shooters, lack confidence in their shot.

I think we need to run and put up shots like Loyola Marymount used to do. Hoggard needs to drive more (before teams set up on defense). We might get more easy buckets for the bigs that way.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-12-11, 13:18

Sissoko and Coop are so horrible from out of the paint why would any team waste a big out there chasing them. Keep them in the lane make it tougher on Hoggard driving. Purdue will kill us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 16:08

DWags wrote:Sissoko and Coop are so horrible from out of the paint why would any team waste a big out there chasing them. Keep them in the lane make it tougher on Hoggard driving. Purdue will kill us.

That's part of the problem. Other team's bigs hedge better because they know they don't have to cover either on on a pick and pop (and they don't have to worry about Mady or Coop actually catching the ball after rolling to the basket). We used to hit on the occasional lob off that, but not so much this year. Teams are just collapsing into the paint when we drive.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-12-11, 16:12

DWags wrote:Sissoko and Coop are so horrible from out of the paint why would any team waste a big out there chasing them. Keep them in the lane make it tougher on Hoggard driving. Purdue will kill us.

Gotta have a stretch four.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 17:36

steveschneider wrote:

Definitely missing that. Kohler definitely hasn't shown it yet. Booker? Maybe. Hall? Anyone?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-12-11, 19:03

Modify

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on 2023-12-11, 19:05; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-12-11, 19:05

GRR Spartan wrote:Is 5* 6’11” Xavier Booker injured, not adjusting to what Izzo expects in practice, not playing defense / rebounding?

It’s odd that the most heralded recruit in a very good class hasn’t seen much PT.
kid is skinny and lost. When he is out there, he is out of position on both sides of the ball. If he was aggressive to the rim or hitting 80% from 3 he still could get pt... or if he could stay in front of 1 guy and use his length on D... or slash rebound.  

But none of those things are happening yet. Scared or too small or the game is too fast? Who knows why.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-12-11, 19:06

steveschneider wrote:

Uh, no. Gotta have a functional center.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-12-11, 21:07

I think you have to put your best, fundamental players on the floor (within reason). That's why the small line up was working better.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-12-11, 21:31

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Definitely missing that. Kohler definitely hasn't shown it yet. Booker? Maybe. Hall? Anyone?
Hall had 20+... the 4 wasn't the problem. If you can't rely on your 5 to force other teams to check down when you feed him they get to keep 4 on the perimeter shutting down the scorers. Doesn't have to be "good" but rebounding and 10-12 on put backs/pick and rolls. Something just to keep them concerned.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next