Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Biden is crushing it.

+17
PennSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
sεяεηιτλ
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
gomersbro
Cameron
steveschneider
Zurn
Trapper Gus
Rick Saunders
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
21 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe Biden is crushing it.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 2 Oct 2023 - 9:36

Cameron wrote:Are you encouraged by current polling data? Because I am not.
remember that the mainstream media needs clicks and they need to do everything they can to mobilize the racist, bigoted christian knuckle-scrapers.

they also need Americans to become numb to the GOP violence, the anti-America rhetoric, the racism, bigotry and misogyny. Polls in 2023 are designed to make people become complacent.

if Americans are allowed to vote, they do vote and their votes are counted, Democrats win. If you're a decent person and have an affinity for traditional American values and democracy, tune out the mainstream media, the polls and the noise. Stay engaged and vote.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 2 Oct 2023 - 16:24

Cameron wrote:Are you encouraged by current polling data? Because I am not.

Sorry dude, Cornell West isn’t electable.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 10:24

I would like to see Biden start crushing some de-escalation, but it seems like that's not the direction we're heading.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 10:32

Cameron wrote:I would like to see Biden start crushing some de-escalation, but it seems like that's not the direction we're heading.

I'm uncertain exactly with crisis you are talking about, however, assuming it is Israel, he has de-escalated it from what if might have been. Not by much, it is true, but when you have two "states", Israel & Palestine, both of which deny the right of the other to exist, and wanting to apply biblical solutions to their hatred of each other, unless Joe is a god what can he actually do?

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 10:54

As PotUS, he is, at least nominally, the most powerful individual in the entire world. Stop acting like he can't do anything.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 11:05

Cameron wrote:As PotUS, he is, at least nominally, the most powerful individual in the entire world. Stop acting like he can't do anything.

I'm not acting like he can't do anything.  Just saying there is only so much he can do in a situation like this.

edit - he already has the US Navy with a "soft" no missile zone shooting down missiles being lobed in the area.

Have you been paying attention?

Like an iceberg, 90% of what happens in diplomacy is not reported, and Joe going to Israel to talk face to face with as many people as possible is a BFD.  Thus far he has forced Israel to hold back from what they might have done & gotten a trickle of basic human necessities moving across the border into Gaza.  I agree it is absolutely not enough but other than sending half the US military to put boots on the ground to stand between two people that biblically want to annihilate each other (thanks to the Brits) what would you have him do?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 11:22

I could spend some time to craft a well thought out response about what I think he can and should do differently, but I know you already decided before the subject even came up that he was nailing it because there's a D after his name, so I won't waste my time.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 11:28

Cameron wrote:I could spend some time to craft a well thought out response about what I think he can and should do differently, but I know you already decided before the subject even came up that he was nailing it because there's a D after his name, so I won't waste my time.

Correct but vulgar reaction to Cam deleted...

Here is an article about what is being done. today, which Joe has some part of.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/24/israel-hostages-delay-invasion-gaza-hamas

Israel is willing to delay a ground invasion of Gaza for a few days to allow talks on releasing a large number of the hostages Hamas is holding there, two Israeli officials tell Axios.

"Both Israel and the Biden administration want to exhaust every effort to try and get hostages out of Gaza. If Hamas proposes a big package, of course we will be ready to do things in return," a senior Israeli official said.

edit October 25th

President Biden, despite his full-throated support for Israel and its right to strike Hamas, has methodically and meticulously delayed the looming invasion of Gaza, U.S. officials tell us.

Biden dangled high-level visits (including his own), military support and public backing to buy time in Gaza. He also made plain that America doesn't want Israel to act impulsively, or without considering U.S. concerns.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/25/biden-israel-hamas-strategy-gaza-invasion

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 9:31; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 24 Oct 2023 - 12:57

Cameron wrote:I could spend some time to craft a well thought out response about what I think he can and should do differently, but I know you already decided before the subject even came up that he was nailing it because there's a D after his name, so I won't waste my time.

“ Netanyahu angers Israel's military chiefs as he delays invasion of Gaza to eliminate Hamas, with western allies in the EU pushing for a ceasefire”

But you do you which means just follow people around and negative bomb. Btw I posterized you twice today. :)
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 9:52

Economic growth during Joe's time is "sizzling"...

Third Quarter GDP 4.9%

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/26/us-third-quarter-gdp-report-economy-growth

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 9:54

great news for America.

and, remember, great news for America is bad news for republican/libertarians.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 26 Oct 2023 - 16:16

A range of factors have helped fuel consumer spending, which accounts for the bulk of the economy’s growth. Though many Americans are still feeling under pressure from two years of high inflation, average pay has outpaced price increases and enhanced people’s ability to spend.

And inflation is steadily easing, Thursday's report showed. Excluding volatile food and gas prices, core inflation slowed to a 2.4% annual rate in the third quarter, according to the Fed's preferred measure. That is down from 3.7% in the second quarter to the slowest pace in nearly three years.

The feds target, as we all know, is an average of 2.0%

https://apnews.com/article/economy-growth-inflation-gdp-consumers-spending-38dfeeee5f65b138ff98f6885d432865
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 27 Oct 2023 - 8:32

Clearly the price gouging by corporations is having an effect on the public's perceptions regarding Joe...

This is one area where he should have been jawboning big time about this price gouging, but it is one place his past neoliberal economic history probably blinds him, even though he does get what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck.

One place, where he has some control, oil prices, he has pushed prices down via releases from the strategic oil reserve. Another thing he did was clean up the shipping bottlenecks. In both cases his political organization has been lax in telling people about these actions.

NEW YORK (AP) — About 2 in 3 Americans say their household expenses have risen over the last year, but only about 1 in 4 say their income has increased in the same period, according to a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Something weird going on here, as the numbers from the BLS say the opposite?  Is it the fact that people react more to bad things than to good things?

https://apnews.com/article/inflation-debt-poll-personal-finance-economy-dd4c88e2076d1fd3f85c51fb8992583b
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun 29 Oct 2023 - 10:29

[tw]1717334949060329926?s=20[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 29 Oct 2023 - 19:16

I bet Biden calls international war criminal, Netanyahu, "man".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 29 Oct 2023 - 19:28

Joe is working hard to make sure there are no public splits between the US & Israel.

Since Hamas & Putin are on this same side this is smart diplomacy, though not so smart domestic politics. Joe is once again doing what he believes is right and damming the critics.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun 29 Oct 2023 - 22:39

Yes, sanctioning a medieval style siege of a population of 2 million people is what he believes is right. What a brave stand he is taking.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 30 Oct 2023 - 7:56

not sure where else to post this, but the mainstream media literally refers to Biden's "War On Home Appliances"... Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 2 502811600 Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 2 502811600

Consumer group exposes costs of Biden admin's war on home appliances

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 8:40

...the Biden administration today celebrated the drop of the inflation rate to zero for the month of October, meaning that prices did not rise at all between September and October. That flat month means the yearly inflation rate dropped to 3.2% for the past year. Much of that lower inflation rate reflects lower gasoline prices, which dropped 5% in October.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 10:56

Cameron wrote:Yes, sanctioning a medieval style siege of a population of 2 million people is what he believes is right. What a brave stand he is taking.

To be fair to Biden, it isn't exactly a medieval siege. It's a military invasion of a territory to destroy people that shot toddlers in their beds (want pics?), put babies in ovens after raping their mothers while cutting the heads off their siblings.

Seems like the right response. But that's just me.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 11:29

Zurn wrote:
Cameron wrote:Yes, sanctioning a medieval style siege of a population of 2 million people is what he believes is right. What a brave stand he is taking.

To be fair to Biden, it isn't exactly a medieval siege.   It's a military invasion of a territory to destroy people that shot toddlers in their beds (want pics?), put babies in ovens after raping their mothers while cutting the heads off their siblings.

Seems like the right response.  But that's just me.

There are horrifying pictures of dead children on both sides. You seemed inclined to hand wave away the victims on the Palestinian side earlier in one of these threads, which smacks of bad faith to me.

So, basically, go fuck yourself.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 19:56

Cameron wrote:

There are horrifying pictures of dead children on both sides. You seemed inclined to hand wave away the victims on the Palestinian side earlier in one of these threads, which smacks of bad faith to me.

My posting on this war has been consistent and made in good faith. I have stated that both sides are suffering however only one side is to blame and that is the side that decided to reenact the Holocaust.

Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 20:03

Zurn wrote:
Cameron wrote:

My posting on this war has been consistent and made in good faith. I have stated that both sides are suffering however only one side is to blame and that is the side that decided to reenact the Holocaust.

Never mind that for decades Israel has been taking land that was promised to the Palinstinians or the the Israel settler movement has been murdering innocent Palinstinian farmers are they work in their farms.

Britian promised both sides the same land between 1918 & 1948. If anyone wants to trace where the real blame lies they can start with that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 23:52

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Never mind that for decades Israel has been taking land that was promised to the Palinstinians or the the Israel settler movement has been murdering innocent Palinstinian farmers are they work in their farms.

Britian promised both sides the same land between 1918 & 1948. If anyone wants to trace where the real blame lies they can start with that.
Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

man did the british do a LOT of meddling throughout their imperialism.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 16 Nov 2023 - 8:28

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Britian promised both sides the same land between 1918 & 1948.  If anyone wants to trace where the real blame lies they can start with that.

man did the british do a LOT of meddling throughout their imperialism.

Just too muddy things up, the US doesn't have clean hands here either.  

After the 2nd world war Europe still didn't want the Jews & neither did the Truman Administration here in the US.  Having them immigrate to Palestine with a two-state solution was driven partly by anti-sematic feelings both in Europe & the US. (It's funny in a way as I read somewhere there are more Jewish people in the US than in Israel.)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 8:11

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said earlier Tuesday that he had spoken to President Biden in recent days and asked him to help improve the deal. "It was improved so that it will include more hostages for a lower cost," Netanyahu said. "President Biden helped and I thank him for that."

WOTS is that this deal doesn't happen without Joe Biden...

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/21/israel-hamas-hostage-ceasefire-deal-imminent

edit - Thanksgiving Day

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/23/biden-israel-hamas-hostage-deal

President Biden's persistent pressure on Middle East leaders was a key factor in sealing the deal between Israel and Hamas for the release of 50 hostages who were captured during Hamas' terrorist attack on Israel, U.S., Israeli and Qatari officials say.

Why it matters: Interviews with the officials reveal how Biden's team shaped the agreement during six weeks of often-tense negotiations, how he was driven by "gut-wrenching" meetings with hostages' family members, and his aggressive push to seal the deal.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Thu 23 Nov 2023 - 8:29; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 14:20

Trapper Gus wrote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said earlier Tuesday that he had spoken to President Biden in recent days and asked him to help improve the deal. "It was improved so that it will include more hostages for a lower cost," Netanyahu said. "President Biden helped and I thank him for that."

WOTS is that this deal doesn't happen without Joe Biden...

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/21/israel-hamas-hostage-ceasefire-deal-imminent
man, that's really gonna piss off republicans/libertarians.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 8:39

WASHINGTON (AP) — The negotiations hardly ran smoothly. But in the end, persistence paid off.

Six weeks ago, not long after Hamas killed more than 1,200 people in Israel and took scores of others hostage in a surprise assault, the government of Qatar quietly reached out to the United States to discuss how to secure the release of those who were taken captive by the militant group.

But the mission demanded extreme sensitivity. It was so secret that U.S. officials established a communications cell to reach Hamas directly and kept those negotiations tightly guarded throughout the U.S. government. Only a handful of people were aware of the talks, according to a senior White House official.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-israel-hamas-war-hostage-qatar-0126c6443a9b3b32fe97032b81eaa515

Does anyone believe that "he who must not be named" could have pulled this off?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 8:46

Trapper Gus wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The negotiations hardly ran smoothly. But in the end, persistence paid off.

Six weeks ago, not long after Hamas killed more than 1,200 people in Israel and took scores of others hostage in a surprise assault, the government of Qatar quietly reached out to the United States to discuss how to secure the release of those who were taken captive by the militant group.

But the mission demanded extreme sensitivity. It was so secret that U.S. officials established a communications cell to reach Hamas directly and kept those negotiations tightly guarded throughout the U.S. government. Only a handful of people were aware of the talks, according to a senior White House official.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-israel-hamas-war-hostage-qatar-0126c6443a9b3b32fe97032b81eaa515

Or would have wanted to.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 9:38

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Or would have wanted to.

He would have sold that information for two wooden nickels.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 25 Nov 2023 - 9:58

He would have attacked Iran already, potentially starting ww3 cause Putin would have wanted him to.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 26 Nov 2023 - 9:33

Still, Israel prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his right-wing supporters refused to agree to the terms of the truce until U.S. President Joe Biden pressured them to do so. “This deal was a Biden deal, not a Netanyahu deal,” a senior official in the Israeli government told the NBC reporters. Biden administration officials have been constantly engaged with the region’s leaders to help hammer out the agreement.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/november-25-2023

Biden has done what he has been doing ever since he became President.  Keeping his communications tightly held and getting things done.  It sucks that the disillusioned people in the United States want to blame both sides when one side is taking actions which are improving the situation.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 27 Nov 2023 - 7:35

[tw]1728825954561307104[/tw]

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 1 Dec 2023 - 11:22

[tw]1730271729698705470[/tw]

This is not going to impress any of the people who are blaming Biden for profit gouging inflation, but still, Joe is like the best of CMD's Spartan teams. It doesn't look like much until the end of the game, when you realize how much they have done.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Joe Biden is crushing it.  - Page 2 Empty Joe Biden is Crushing It & Penn is wrong this time.

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 8 Dec 2023 - 9:09

11 months out from the election getting the pompoms out and Riden with Biden!

Joe Biden for President

Because of Biden, America is stronger, healthier, safer, more prosperous, and fairer. He's earned a second term. It's time to say it out loud.

Biden has been a terrific and impactful leader. He ended the pandemic, cut inflation, lowered medical costs, created millions of new jobs, revitalized American manufacturing, strengthened our alliances, stood up to Russian aggression, and kept the most dangerous regional wars from expanding into global catastrophes. If a Republican did any one of these things, their side would be calling for a Nobel Prize, renaming airports to honor their guy, and signing contracts to add his face to Mount Rushmore.

Biden has done things no Republican would ever do. He actually passed and signed an infrastructure bill. He is fighting to protect reproductive rights. He has strengthened unions and taken on corporate power. He has protected marriage for LGBTQ and interracial couples. He put Ketanji Brown Jackson on the Supreme Court and has continued to nominate qualified jurists from all backgrounds to the federal bench. He signed meaningful gun violence reduction legislation. He has delivered on a stunning climate and environmental justice agenda.

America is stronger, fairer, and more prosperous because of his presidency. Our economy is growing. We’ve added nearly 11 million new jobs. Wages are increasing. Inflation is coming down. Americans are paying less for health insurance and more have coverage.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 10 Dec 2023 - 15:09

Looking at instagram earlier today and a bunch of anti Biden posts start popping up. I decided to check who is posting them and trace it back to a poster from Ghana. Why TF would they even care about Biden unless someone (Trump) is paying them to post that crap.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun 10 Dec 2023 - 19:50

Jake from State Farm wrote:Looking at instagram earlier today and a bunch of anti Biden posts start popping up. I decided to check who is posting them and trace it back to a poster from Ghana. Why TF would they even care about Biden unless someone (Trump) is paying them to post that crap.

Don't know. They are a darling of the Christian Right due to their laws about homosexuality being punished by death.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Mon 11 Dec 2023 - 0:53

Jake from State Farm wrote:Looking at instagram earlier today and a bunch of anti Biden posts start popping up. I decided to check who is posting them and trace it back to a poster from Ghana. Why TF would they even care about Biden unless someone (Trump) is paying them to post that crap.

Russians have so many bot farms inside as well as outside their borders. It is clear that Putin is playing the long game in terms on his war on the West (starting with Ukraine). I don't think Trump is paying, although the the one Trump would be a useful idiot for likely is in some way.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 11 Dec 2023 - 8:52

All the disrupters & autocratic cheerleaders will be targeting the US elections after the success they had in 2016.

Where they outsource their trolling farms will be everywhere.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue 19 Dec 2023 - 11:27

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next