Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon?

+38
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
All Your Base
SpartanGuard
Rocinante
DWags
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
tanfan!
Jake from State Farm
HT
LoneWolfSparty
Travis of the Cosmos
oregonblitzkrieg
CORNER BLITZ
JEK
Bill Cain
tig ol bitties
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Ass Dan
Code_Warrior
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
goodbar
Rodeo Burger
green night
RBW Spartan
tTito
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
42 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon? Empty OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon?

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-14, 20:52

I foresee something like 35 to 24 Spartans. Tell me if I'm ODing on the KoolAid
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon? Empty Re: OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon?

Post by Death Roe 2014-08-14, 20:53

34-28 MSU. Defense makes the stops when it matters. Oregon goes up 14-0 early, but MSU closes the game in the second half like they did almost the entire year in 2013.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon? Empty Re: OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-14, 20:55

I'm kinda feeling lately that we will get smoked. And then run the table in impressive fashion. Then get shafted for the playoffs, as all the talking heads around the country play up the "Big Ten sucks" angle. Just seems like something that would happen to us.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-14, 21:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm kinda feeling lately that we will get smoked. And then run the table in impressive fashion. Then get shafted for the playoffs, as all the talking heads around the country play up the "Big Ten sucks" angle. Just seems like something that would happen to us.

Stop being such a pussy

Gonna win so much
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-08-14, 21:02

OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon? PAIN_medium
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-14, 21:04

31-14 Spartans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-14, 21:04

The losses to Stanford were both low scoring games. Like 24-14. MSU 28-24
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-14, 21:06

Nordic wrote:

Stop being such a pussy

Gonna win so much

Are you going?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 21:17

This is not a sports forum
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-14, 21:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Are you going?

Most definitely
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan 2014-08-14, 21:44

Oregon pulls away late in the 3rd, and wins by 10-14 in a game that's closer than it looks.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-14, 21:50

Part of me thinks we'll lose, and it's better expecting it so I won't be bummed out on September 6th. The other part of me has heard some pretty awesome things about our team this offseason, and is so excited for what we'll unleash in Eugene.

I'll say if State wins, it'll be like 24-21. If Oregon wins, I'll say something like 35-20.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by green night 2014-08-14, 21:59

it's going to be close the entire way. A great game ... comes down to the last possession ... 31-30. Good guys on a late FG
green night
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-14, 22:01

I think turnovers and special teams decide the game (punt or kick returns for TDs). Whoever wins that battle wins a close game.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-14, 22:04

41-20 MSU
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-15, 08:01

it'll, of course, depend on the officiating..

but if Oregon or Delaney doesn't pay them off, MSU 54, Oregon 3.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-15, 08:09

38 to 31. Eriely similar to the cal game years ago. Home crowd will be the difference
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-08-15, 08:33

I think a high scoring game favors the quackers - for MSU to win I think it ends up 24-21, Geiger FTW!
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-15, 08:36

tTito wrote:This is not a sports forum

You're a douche OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon? 502811600 how does it feel to be the puppet of another poster?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-15, 08:44

Double digit win.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-15, 08:51

An entertaining football match will be enjoyed by all.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-08-15, 12:33

I don't know. On the one hand, I think we win in a close game. On the other, we are on their home turf and they are probably looking to go nuts on offense. I think our D will be on its heels during the first 1.5 quarters and Oregon will jump out to a quick lead, maybe as much as 14-0. I think our D will adjust and keep them between 10 and 14 more points for the rest of the game. I think our offense can score 30 on their D, but I think we need to establish a punishing running attack and not worry about being behind. I think MSU wins 31-28 in a classic, nerve racking, rollercoaster of a game.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-08-15, 12:35

34-29 msu.

Oregon loves to go for two early in the game
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-08-15, 12:37

SpartanHT wrote:Part of me thinks we'll lose, and it's better expecting it so I won't be bummed out on September 6th. The other part of me has heard some pretty awesome things about our team this offseason, and is so excited for what we'll unleash in Eugene.

I'll say if State wins, it'll be like 24-21. If Oregon wins, I'll say something like 35-20.

Thank you Mr. Staudt.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-15, 19:12

I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-08-15, 21:06

The only thing I know is that I will be laying my ass on the line for the Spartans
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-15, 21:08

Herbie Green wrote:The only thing I know is that I will be laying my ass on the line for the Spartans

I will be cheering 110%.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-15, 21:24

tGreenWay wrote:

I will be cheering 110%.

We gotta go into this thing knowing that the guy to your left and the guy to your right are both cheering 110%. Every fan just needs to do thier job first. Don't worry about other fans' assignments, just do your job. You see the play flowing to the other side of stadium, keep cheering. Don't get caught taking a play off 'cause the action is over there. Stay diciplined. How many times have we seen the play reverse flow and the fans who thought they were out of it get caught fartin' around with their heads outta the game? Keep up the intensity and remember your cheering assignments gentlemen. If each of us does that..and we still come up short...well, then I can accept that because we gave it our best.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-16, 02:49

goodbar wrote:

We gotta go into this thing knowing that the guy to your left and the guy to your right are both cheering 110%. Every fan just needs to do thier job first. Don't worry about other fans' assignments, just do your job. You see the play flowing to the other side of stadium, keep cheering. Don't get caught taking a play off 'cause the action is over there. Stay diciplined. How many times have we seen the play reverse flow and the fans who thought they were out of it get caught fartin' around with their heads outta the game? Keep up the intensity and remember your cheering assignments gentlemen. If each of us does that..and we still come up short...well, then I can accept that because we gave it our best.

Should we cover what to do if/when the person cheering next to us goes down, and how we have to be ready to pick up the cheering slack?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-16, 08:45

tGreenWay wrote:

Should we cover what to do if/when the person cheering next to us goes down, and how we have to be ready to pick up the cheering slack?

If a fan goes down, it's next fan up. Simple as that. We're deep enough, shit our second string fans could prolly start at several other B1G fan programs.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-08-16, 09:05

I see us losing. Think the D will need time to gel and their O will give us fits.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-08-16, 10:25

I think MSU will field a quality Offense his season and won't struggle to score some points.

I am skeptical about the defense, particularly the secondary. We're replacing our corners and DT's. Those are integral positions on the defense, and lackluster corners or DT's can ruin the performance of an entire defense. I hope that's not the case....but it is a concern I'm looking at.

I think it will take a few games for our defense to gel, and I think Oregon will exploit our youth, and particularly our young DB's. Oregon will be our first real challenge of the season, and Oregon's offense will be tough to stop and will score too much for our offense to come back and win.

Oregon wins 38-27
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-16, 11:22

Secondary gives up big plays. It's going to be a defense like 2011. Good but gives up 28 to 35 points to good teams. Msu will need to score into the mid 30s to pull it out. Hope I'm wrong but you don't replace a first round draft pick boundary corner that quickly.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 11:24

Bill Cain wrote:I think MSU will field a quality Offense his season and won't struggle to score some points.

I am skeptical about the defense, particularly the secondary. We're replacing our corners and DT's. Those are integral positions on the defense, and lackluster corners or DT's can ruin the performance of an entire defense. I hope that's not the case....but it is a concern I'm looking at.

I think it will take a few games for our defense to gel, and I think Oregon will exploit our youth, and particularly our young DB's. Oregon will be our first real challenge of the season, and Oregon's offense will be tough to stop and will score too much for our offense to come back and win.

Oregon wins 38-27

Our DTs were merely average the last couple seasons and our D was dominant. Narduzzi has already compared LT to Worthy. I think we'll be fine there. In fact d-line will be the strength of our defense, we are loaded. Biggest concern right now is LB then Hicks at CB. Not even necessarily concerns, just question marks. Replacing two of our best LBs in Spartan history in one season is a tall order. Don't think it will impact us too badly in the long run, but in September against Oregon it could be an issue.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-16, 11:28

Bill Cain wrote:I think MSU will field a quality Offense his season and won't struggle to score some points.

Oregon wins 38-27
You can't be "concerned" It means you're a chicken little. Sincerely. Duffy Nigel and the test of the justice league.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-08-16, 11:29

24-15 good guys

Oregon scores easily on their first possession and all our fans lose their minds. We score the next 24 while Oregon gets one in the last five minutes but can't convert the two pt or the onside kick
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-08-16, 11:45

JEK wrote:

Our DTs were merely average the last couple seasons and our D was dominant. Narduzzi has already compared LT to Worthy. I think we'll be fine there. In fact d-line will be the strength of our defense, we are loaded. Biggest concern right now is LB then Hicks at CB. Not even necessarily concerns, just question marks. Replacing two of our best LBs in Spartan history in one season is a tall order. Don't think it will impact us too badly in the long run, but in September against Oregon it could be an issue.

I have to agree. One thing people should note is the sheer amount of experience MSU Is losing at the backer position. Denicos and Bullough were 3 year starters who were great at reading and reacting to plays and would often snuff an entire play out before the back would hit the line of scrimmage. Bullough could change the setup of the defense before the offense snapped the ball. We're going to miss those guys especially against Oregon.

Playing Oregon's O is like playing OSU but with Indiana's playbook. Oregon will be the toughest challenge the defense will have faced schematically in the past 4 seasons.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 13:15

Tanfan! wrote:Secondary gives up big plays. It's going to be a defense like 2011. Good but gives up 28 to 35 points to good teams. Msu will need to score into the mid 30s to pull it out.  Hope I'm wrong but you don't replace a first round draft pick boundary corner that quickly.

I wouldn't lose sleep about the secondary unless injuries pile up. If Waynes, Drummond and Williamson stay healthy, there is no reason to think this won't be a top level secondary again, though not quite as good as last year. Depth is the only real concern.

Even if Hicks struggles and QBs are targeting him, remember we have what looks to be the fastest and most athletic front 7 we've had under MD. If they are as disruptive as I think they can be, then we will make life hell for opposing QBs. They will be tasked with making very quick decisions with pinpoint accurate throws. That will make things much easier on the secondary.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

OK, what do you think the outcome will be Sept 6 at Oregon? Empty Predict the outcome and score of the Oregon game here

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-02, 00:55

31-21, MSU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by oregonblitzkrieg 2014-09-02, 01:42

Oregon rolls 43-17
oregonblitzkrieg
oregonblitzkrieg
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next