Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost?

+6
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost? Empty Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost?

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-21, 11:17

Why not contest the outcomes, say MSU won, and celebrate an undefeated season? It works in politics now, and there is precedent in CFB. When Oklahoma State lost to CMU years back, they did not recognize the loss and counted the game as a win at the end of the season (they won a bowl game and put 11-2 on the rings even though they finished 10-3).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost? Empty Re: Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost?

Post by DWags 2022-11-21, 13:28

Turtleneck wrote:Why not contest the outcomes, say MSU won, and celebrate an undefeated season? It works in politics now, and there is precedent in CFB. When Oklahoma State lost to CMU years back, they did not recognize the loss and counted the game as a win at the end of the season (they won a bowl game and put 11-2 on the rings even though they finished 10-3).

Because I am old and very gullible, I need to ask: is that really true?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost? Empty Re: Can MSU just refuse to recognize the outcome of games they lost?

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-21, 13:50

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Why not contest the outcomes, say MSU won, and celebrate an undefeated season? It works in politics now, and there is precedent in CFB. When Oklahoma State lost to CMU years back, they did not recognize the loss and counted the game as a win at the end of the season (they won a bowl game and put 11-2 on the rings even though they finished 10-3).

Because I am old and very gullible, I need to ask: is that really true?

The Oklahoma State thing? It sure is.

Well, if you’re the Oklahoma State football team, it’s apparently a longer process than most.

On Alamo Bowl rings unveiled Wednesday, Oklahoma State’s record is listed at 11-2. One problem: The Cowboys actually were 10-3, the one controversial loss to Central Michigan on a final play that officials later admitted shouldn’t have been allowed.

Gavin Lang, a spokesman for the Oklahoma State football team, confirmed to The News that the 11-2 record printed on the rings was an intentional decision.

Central Michigan coach John Bonamego, reached by The News, said he had no comment.

On Sept. 10, Central Michigan stunned then-No. 22 Oklahoma State, 30-27, on a Hail Mary-lateral on an untimed down.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/04/19/oklahoma-state-rings-turn-cmu-loss-win/100669680/

Of course, the confusion and mistaken decision by the officials were all put into motion by Van Gundy's coaching. He's a complete slimeball.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-21, 14:55

scUM convinced everyone that they actually won the game against MSU last year, so yes we can do that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-21, 14:59

Let me take this thread to a new level, to heights it never dreamed it could go

Should MSU recognize the 2013 Notre Dame game?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, DWags, Turtleneck, Trapper Gus and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2022-11-21, 15:52

I do think we should declare KW the Heisman trophy winner and print shirts. It was rigged.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Cameron and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-21, 16:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Let me take this thread to a new level, to heights it never dreamed it could go

No! Therefore, MSU is the 2013 national champion.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-21, 17:39

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Let me take this thread to a new level, to heights it never dreamed it could go

I mean, isn't this kind of how UM has almost all of it's national championships?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-11-21, 18:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I mean, isn't this kind of how UM has almost all of it's national championships?

I think so. They were named #1 in the Tom Smith Corngrowers Poll in 1926, therefore 1926 national champs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-21, 19:11

Turtleneck wrote:

This is entirely possible, but maybe warrants a deeper look. By removing Notre Dame from our record, what we know for sure is MSU is NOT not national champions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-11-21, 21:16

I've maintained for years that the ND loss was a good thing for MSU football in 2013 Travis. It helped create the chip but mostly because IF Maxwell led the game winning drive he probably starts in Iowa City 2 weeks later. And maybe Connor Cook never becomes Connor Cook
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-22, 00:28

duffy munn wrote:

I've maintained for years that the ND loss was a good thing for MSU football in 2013 Travis. It helped create the chip but mostly because IF Maxwell led the game winning drive he probably starts in Iowa City 2 weeks later. And maybe Connor Cook never becomes Connor Cook

Yeah but on the other hand all those things did happen so we could also just not recognize it and declare ourselves national champions
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-11-22, 09:59

We should claim victory in the 1990 Georgia Tech game. We won that game. We only lost after the game was over.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-22, 10:48

Rick Saunders wrote:We should claim victory in the 1990 Georgia Tech game.  We won that game.  We only lost after the game was over.

The Kansas Clockgate game too. As a matter of fact, we should just claim Nattys in 86, 90 and 2020 (f'in Covid).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Pervis Muldoon and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-22, 11:27

Okay so we are going to refuse to recognize:

- 2013 Notre dame
- 1990 Georgia tech
- 1986 Kansas
- 2022 every football game we lost
- 2006 Notre dame (too much rain in the second half)
- 2009 UNC (their players were too tall)
- 2015 alabama (just don’t want to think about it ever again we don’t have to claim the national championship or anything)

Anything else?

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2022-11-22, 11:40; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-22, 11:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Okay so we are going to refuse to recognize:

- 2013 Notre dame
- 1990 Georgia tech
- 1986 Kansas
- 2022 every football game we lost
- 2009 UNC (their players were too tall)
- 2015 alabama (just don’t want to think about it ever again we don’t have to claim the national championship or anything)

Anything else?

I suppose that monsoon meltdown against Notre Dame in 2006 is too much to ask.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-22, 11:40

Edited
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down