Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard

+8
DWags
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Pervis Muldoon
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard

Post by AvgMSUJoe 17/02/24, 10:41 pm

Go green
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

duffy munn and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard

Post by NigelUno 17/02/24, 10:44 pm

[tw]1759053870263648294[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/02/24, 10:53 pm

InTenSity wrote:Not a Dwags, but paid out.
Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 Screen30

Right on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/02/24, 10:56 pm

Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 E10Q6799
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 17/02/24, 11:12 pm

umma had Beilein. His last four seasons his umma teams won 23,26, 33 and 30 games and umma couldn't wait to get rid of the guy who lost in the NCAA Final and had 2 Sweet 16's in the final 4 years.

But Beilein wasn't a Michigan Man. Howard was their Michigan Man. A Harbaugh redux. But once Beilein's players left the building Howard recruiting and coaching have fallen off a cliff.

This is Ward Manual's mess and Juwan Howard isn't bailing after winning a national Championship to help his AD out.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/02/24, 11:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:Not a Dwags, but paid out.
Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 Screen30

Nice.

UM didn't score the last 7 minutes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 18/02/24, 05:44 am

GRR Spartan wrote:umma had Beilein. His last four seasons his umma teams won 23,26, 33 and 30 games and umma couldn't wait to get rid of the guy who lost in the NCAA Final and had 2 Sweet 16's in the final 4 years.

But Beilein wasn't a Michigan Man. Howard was their Michigan Man. A Harbaugh redux. But once Beilein's players left the building Howard recruiting and coaching have fallen off a cliff.

This is Ward Manual's mess and Juwan Howard isn't bailing after winning a national Championship to help his AD out.

Beileins teams would put up 30 3pt attempts and hit 40 - 50% of them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 18/02/24, 05:49 am

The one area that frustrated me a bit was our bigs under the basket. Kohler is good at grabbing defensive rebounds, Cooper was good on the lobs, but their put backs under the baskets were embarrassing. These guys were missing little bunnies under the basket. It’s not a hard shot just bank it off the glass and it will go in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 18/02/24, 08:01 am

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2024/02/michigan-state-fans-get-rowdy-at-michigans-arena-it-makes-you-feel-terrible.html

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2024/02/michigan-state-basketball-tops-michigan-for-first-sweep-in-rivalry-in-5-years.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 10:19 am

This is going to get messy if Warde decides to fire Juwan. I'm here for it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 18/02/24, 10:21 am

Let’s leave no doubt about Gus and Fox.

[tw]1759030496145879257?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 10:27 am

The defense on this play is astonishingly bad. Walker jukes 2 guys, and Cooper just follows for the dunk.

[tw]1759218058453725489[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 10:29 am

DWags wrote:Let’s leave no doubt about Gus and Fox.

The broadcast was a commercial for UM football. Gus is a fan boy clown.

When he was talking to Sherrone, sitting sideways, and not even watching the game...embarrassing.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 18/02/24, 10:38 am

NigelUno wrote:

When he was talking to Sherrone, sitting sideways, and not even watching the game...embarrassing.

My wife and I had dinner on trays in the living room, turned the sound off and just ate and talked during the game. She cleared the trays we continued to talk about life and watch the game. Texted both daughters during it. No sound. We were worried about the young one. She was in Nashville yesterday. Nazi’s decided to march there.

I don’t think I could do that for football. But no sound for bball wasn’t that bad. (I turned it up when she would leave the room to get a drink or bathroom etc)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 18/02/24, 10:54 am

NigelUno wrote:

Don't forget about the best AD in America and, of course, Duggy Fresh
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 18/02/24, 11:07 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My wife and I had dinner on trays in the living room, turned the sound off and just ate and talked during the game. She cleared the trays we continued to talk about life and watch the game. Texted both daughters during it. No sound. We were worried about the young one. She was in Nashville yesterday. Nazi’s decided to march there.

I don’t think I could do that for football. But no sound for bball wasn’t that bad. (I turned it up when she would leave the room to get a drink or bathroom etc)

You and Mrs Wags missed the most unprofessional national broadcast in TV history
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 11:10 am

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Don't forget about the best AD in America and, of course, Duggy Fresh

Yeah. The thing with Warde (and showing him) was so weird. Like who the fuck really cares about the UM AD on a National primetime broadcast.

HE TRIED TO KEEP HARBAUGH!!! HE REALLY DID!!!

And then you interview Sherrone (after saying Warde did everything in his power to keep Harbaugh). Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 502811600

This...all after opening the broadcast with...

THIS IS THE BIG HOUSE...(and close by we're playing a basketball game)...

Dug screaming THIS IS MY HOUSE!!!...was hilarious also...given that he can't leave his "house" because he's grounded.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 18/02/24, 11:22 am

NigelUno wrote:
Dug screaming THIS IS MY HOUSE!!!...was hilarious also...given that he can't leave his "house" because he's grounded.

Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 Img_7323

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 11:29 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

All kidding aside (or not)...I don't know if I buy the academic reason/rumor that he can't go on the road.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 18/02/24, 11:32 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

All kidding aside (or not)...I don't know if I buy the academic reason/rumor that he can't go on the road.

But Gus said Dug E Fresh was suspended because he didn't know he had to go to class. But he does now. Jesus.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 11:33 am

I've always thought it would be a pain to try and sync up the MSU radio broadcast. I'll try it if we have another game with Gus on the mike.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 18/02/24, 11:39 am

Winning is still good
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 11:42 am

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But Gus said Dug E Fresh was suspended because he didn't know he had to go to class. But he does now. Jesus.

I caught a little of that (Fox audio was bad in general...crowd noise was too loud...which was good because it muffled Gus sometimes).

I mean...the whole...he's "grounded" thing is beyond hilarious.

The funniest part of him being grounded was that after a road game they (obviously) lost, someone later asked Reed about how the team was playing (and their 2nd half collapses or something)...and he said he talked to their Captain Dug about it, and Dug said it looked like the team wasn't playing together. I guess Reed didn't understand how funny that was...given that Dug was sitting at home.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 18/02/24, 12:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I caught a little of that (Fox audio was bad in general...crowd noise was too loud...which was good because it muffled Gus sometimes).

The funniest part of him being grounded was that after a road game they (obviously) lost, someone later asked Reed about how the team was playing (and their 2nd half collapses or something)...and he said he talked to their Captain Dug about it, and Dug said it looked like the team wasn't playing together. I guess Reed didn't understand how funny that was...given that Dug was sitting at home.
https://twitter.com/ConnorEaregood/status/1759032139142545527?s=20
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

NigelUno and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 18/02/24, 12:28 pm

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

https://twitter.com/ConnorEaregood/status/1759032139142545527?s=20

Let’s Win and Let’s Hope They Keep Juwan Howard  - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 19/02/24, 11:55 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The broadcast was a commercial for UM football.  Gus is a fan boy clown.  

My wife and I had dinner on trays in the living room, turned the sound off and just ate and talked during the game.   She cleared the trays we continued to talk about life and watch the game.   Texted both daughters during it. No sound.  We were worried about the young one. She was in Nashville yesterday. Nazi’s decided to march there.

I don’t think I could do that for football.  But no sound for bball wasn’t that bad.  (I turned it up when she would leave the room to get a drink or bathroom etc)

We have watched maybe  half dozen MSU football games and about the same with MSU basketball (mens & womens) with sound in the few years. Gus Johnson along with constant 2nd guessing officials were the biggest reasons

At the start of each season I watch with sound to learn the players numbers.  After that I can read screen graphics.  It’s a catch or it isn’t, 2 or 3 pt shot.  No audio required.

Will listens to Blaha at halftime but TV and radio are rarely in sync for the game.  Listening to Will Tiemen, even at the half just cuts into time getting beer and tasty snacks.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 19/02/24, 11:59 am

I got a laugh late in the game when Juwan was doodling on the clipboard, and the team was just ignoring him. Although maybe they were playing hangman.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2