Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo and the portal

+16
InTenSity
Zurn
Trapper Gus
gomersbro
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
duffy munn
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Nordic
DWags
kingstonlake
Cameron
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Izzo and the portal - Page 3 Empty Re: Izzo and the portal

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-04-23, 16:42

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Fidler sounds like getting Hall back for an extra year (with less D?)...

Hall was so inconsistent. Except for that streak of like a hundred games when he kicked ass. Other than that, he was such a rollercoaster.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-23, 18:30

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Fidler sounds like getting Hall back for an extra year (with less D?)...

Hall was so inconsistent. Except for that streak of like a hundred games when he kicked ass. Other than that, he was such a rollercoaster.

From the category “ You don’t know what you have, until it’s gone”. I think we’re going to miss him a ton
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-04-23, 18:55

10-18
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-23, 22:05

DWags wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

From the category “ You don’t know what you have, until it’s gone”. I think we’re going to miss him a ton
But a little less with 🎻.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-24, 02:20

DWags wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Not to get too snarky, but Malik disappeared enough during the season that we actually have an idea what his absence will mean.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-24, 08:46

I would not count on freshman to contribute significantly. Getting Fidler was huge and now a center that can catch the ball at least is needed. Bonus if he can walk and talk at the same time. Super bonus if he can score even a little.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-24, 09:50

There are 3 centers on the roster....(4 if you count Booker).

I guarantee Izzo is going to work Kohler and Cooper so hard this summer, if nothing else just to prove his point, that they will get to at the very least "average big ten center" status. With the work Kohler put in last summer on his body... and Cooper knowing he was "project" at best when he took the scholarship, they should be motivated.

Plus the new kid... which will be a new kid.

Yeah, it would be nice to have a million dollar transfer at center... but I'm not paying for one.
(College sports suck now, btw)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-24, 10:06

Unless others have seen something I haven't seen in Cooper and Kohler forget it. Kohler is weak and Cooper is more clumsy than my grandma. Cooper has absolutely zero offensive ability. Keep him for defense. It was so bad he could barely catch a pass and it was a serious challenge for him to pass it back because his defender knew he wasn't capable of taking a shot or driving it to the basket. We had a trio of MAC centers and that is on stubborn Izzo. Does anyone think we can win a Big title let alone be in the top 4 in the conference with those centers? I don't include Booker as a center except in an extreme emergency situation. If Izzo is really sincere in wanting a second natty he needs to take the gloves off and go for a bonfire center, not settle for the three stooges. Maybe I've had too much coffee this morning but 20-15 isn't going to win you much.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-24, 10:22

Green money wrote:Unless others have seen something I haven't seen in Cooper and Kohler forget it. Kohler is weak and Cooper is more clumsy than my grandma. Cooper has absolutely zero offensive ability. Keep him for defense. It was so bad he could barely catch a pass and it was a serious challenge for him to pass it back because his defender knew he wasn't capable of taking a shot or driving it to the basket. We had a trio of MAC centers and that is on stubborn Izzo. Does anyone think we can win a Big title let alone be in the top 4 in the conference with those centers? I don't include Booker as a center except in an extreme emergency situation. If Izzo is really sincere in wanting a second natty he needs to take the gloves off and go for a bonfire center, not settle for the three stooges. Maybe I've had too much coffee this morning but 20-15 isn't going to win you much.

I think we need a big, but let's not act like the Big Ten is dominated by Center play. Other than Edey (who is gone), IU had a portal big (who is gone), Rutgers' big is in the portal, Reed at UM (gone), Okpara (OSU) is in the portal...

Only 1 of those teams even made the Tournament.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-24, 10:30

We were consistently playing 4 on 5 with our lack of a breathing center. I dare anyone to defend a repeat of last years center play.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2024-04-24, 10:36

Green money wrote:Unless others have seen something I haven't seen in Cooper and Kohler forget it. Kohler is weak and Cooper is more clumsy than my grandma. Cooper has absolutely zero offensive ability. Keep him for defense. It was so bad he could barely catch a pass and it was a serious challenge for him to pass it back because his defender knew he wasn't capable of taking a shot or driving it to the basket. We had a trio of MAC centers and that is on stubborn Izzo. Does anyone think we can win a Big title let alone be in the top 4 in the conference with those centers? I don't include Booker as a center except in an extreme emergency situation. If Izzo is really sincere in wanting a second natty he needs to take the gloves off and go for a bonfire center, not settle for the three stooges. Maybe I've had too much coffee this morning but 20-15 isn't going to win you much.

Kohler was probably hampered by his foot injury a decent amount last season so I'm not suprised he looked weak. I thought Coop would develop more than he had.

Not loving the C position going into next year but the 23-24 season mostly fell on the shoulders of atrocious PG play.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-24, 12:19

Green money wrote:We were consistently playing 4 on 5 with our lack of a breathing center. I dare anyone to defend a repeat of last years center play.

We need a big. But, the idea that the Big Ten was dominated by Center play is a bit much. Our guards let us down also. There’s a reason one guy isn’t coming back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Green money like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-24, 13:44

Tyler Durden wrote:

Kohler was probably hampered by his foot injury a decent amount last season so I'm not suprised he looked weak. I thought Coop would develop more than he had.

Not loving the C position going into next year but the 23-24 season mostly fell on the shoulders of atrocious PG play.

Remember how fat he was coming in?
He worked at his body last year, will probably again this year.

And for jebus sake, finish with the baby hook move... Not even 100%... finish 50%... and he's a 15 pt guy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-24, 13:48

Hoping Kohler develops isn't a strategy. Cooper, forget it. Find a center, any center. It can't get any worse than the last few years.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-24, 15:22

Green money wrote:Hoping Kohler develops isn't a strategy.  Cooper, forget it. Find a center, any center.  It can't get any worse than the last few years.
So, anyone know if Izzo hit his spending limit on fiddler? Its really irrelevant how much Izzo needs a player, if the billionaire throwing away his money isnt ready to pay for one.
The whole game now, with no spending cap or regulation, is how stupid your alumni are with their money.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-24, 16:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Green money wrote:Hoping Kohler develops isn't a strategy.  Cooper, forget it. Find a center, any center.  It can't get any worse than the last few years.
So, anyone know if Izzo hit his spending limit on fiddler? Its really irrelevant how much Izzo needs a player, if the billionaire throwing away his money isnt ready to pay for one.
The whole game now, with no spending cap or regulation, is how stupid your alumni are with their money.

Yep. Arkansas has crazy money. Cal's gonna get some good players.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-24, 16:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I think Green Money should buy us a center
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-24, 17:09

I'm tapped out, I already bought Fidler.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Cameron and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-24, 17:29

I can’t imagine being Wisconsin. They’ve lost half their roster and two of their best players. Then Fidler-snubbed

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/season/2024-basketball/transferportal/?institutionkey=24049
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Green money like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-24, 17:40

Nordic wrote:I can’t imagine being Wisconsin. They’ve lost half their roster and two of their best players. Then Fidler-snubbed

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/season/2024-basketball/transferportal/?institutionkey=24049

I think Gard is in trouble. He had some player issues 2-3 years ago also.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-26, 18:18

[tw]1783914354103943292?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-26, 18:57

Izzo all in on the portal
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-26, 19:34

bye
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-27, 09:41

Green money wrote:bye

I'm sure this board is going to love you bashing all things MSU basketball
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-27, 10:08

duffy munn wrote:

This board hits different Duffy. It’s why it’s the best. Big difference between reasonable and unreasonable. Reasonable is reasonable, and while I don’t understand why we’d bash a leaving Spartan who, never was in trouble, but certainly had some horrible games, it’s your right to do that.

Between Heat and Travis I’m thinking this board never becomes TOB.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2024-04-27, 10:53

duffy munn wrote:

my main issue with msu basketball has been the lack of a breathing center. I'm a season ticket holder and support my team. Anyone that is satisfied with the last few years is lying. Izzo built this program into a monster and the last few years it has gotten soft. I truly think if he had an average center this team is capable of being top 4 in the Big and sweet 16. Blind loyalty doesn't win. Look at me I'm getting soft hoping for only top 4 in the Big.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-29, 12:18

Maddy to Cal. Love that kid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe, gomersbro, kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-04-29, 12:33

DWags wrote:Maddy to Cal. Love that kid.

Wait, Cal as in Arkansas or Cal as in California?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2024-04-29, 12:59

A year at Berkeley will be a valuable line on the resume. Not to mention the contacts he can make. I'm proud of him.
gomersbro
Spartiate

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-29, 13:06

gomersbro wrote:A year at Berkeley will be a valuable line on the resume. Not to mention the contacts he can make. I'm proud of him.

Mady will probably play some professional basketball but after that I have no doubt he will be successful no matter what he chooses to do.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-29, 13:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Maddy to Cal. Love that kid.

Wait, Cal as in Arkansas or Cal as in California?

The good Cal. Not the modern one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3