Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A taxi driver just hit and run me

+14
Brock Middlebrook
Green Note
Larry Kazamias
tGreenWay
SpartanInNH
Cym Jim
InTenSity
MasonGuy
cardinal fang
Jake from State Farm
goodbar
Turtleneck
DWags
JEK
18 posters

Go down

A taxi driver just hit and run me Empty A taxi driver just hit and run me

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 20:03

I was driving down a residential road and a taxi driver in a minivan turned left and side swiped the rear left side of my truck just below the tail light. Immediately pulled over and thought he would do the same but he just took off. I didn't catch the name of the taxi cab company but I got his license plate number.

No real damage. I don't want to submit a claim because it's nothing more than a small paint scrape and I was driving my beater truck so I don't really care about that. Had he just pulled over all would be cool. But I want retribution against this asshole who is driving around recklessly hitting people without a care in the world.

What is the best course of action? Should I file a report first or call my ins company and see how they want me to handle it?
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

A taxi driver just hit and run me Empty Re: A taxi driver just hit and run me

Post by DWags 2014-08-16, 20:53

Was he Asian?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-16, 20:59

All in know is he needs to be held accountable. That means you better be doing something.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-16, 21:00

I'm getting madder and madder just thinking about this.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-16, 21:02

goodbar wrote:I'm getting madder and madder just thinking about this.

If I was JEK, I'd be on the phone with Patrick Kane right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-16, 21:05

I'd wait until just before the statute of limitation is up and then go full lawyer on him.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 21:12

Jake from State Farm wrote:I'd wait until just before the statute of limitation is up and then go full lawyer on him.

I'm going to call you at 3 in the morning and we'll talk.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-16, 21:23

JEK wrote:

I'm going to call you at 3 in the morning and we'll talk.

I got excited reading this.

A taxi driver just hit and run me 3557613862 A taxi driver just hit and run me 3557613862 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cardinal fang 2014-08-16, 21:42

LooseGoose wrote:

I got excited reading this.

A taxi driver just hit and run me 3557613862 A taxi driver just hit and run me 3557613862 

Yeah, but she sounds hideous
cardinal fang
cardinal fang
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-08-16, 22:27

JEK wrote:I was driving down a residential road and a taxi driver in a minivan turned left and side swiped the rear left side of my truck just below the tail light. Immediately pulled over and thought he would do the same but he just took off. I didn't catch the name of the taxi cab company but I got his license plate number.

No real damage. I don't want to submit a claim because it's nothing more than a small paint scrape and I was driving my beater truck so I don't really care about that. Had he just pulled over all would be cool. But I want retribution against this asshole who is driving around recklessly hitting people without a care in the world.

What is the best course of action? Should I file a report first or call my ins company and see how they want me to handle it?

File a report ASAP. Always.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-08-16, 22:27

gHost Spartan wrote:Call the fucking cops. Is it really that complicated? First, there could be a reason the vehicle struck you; maybe the driver had kidnapped someone, or is drunk. How would you feel if you found out that 30 minutes after the guy hit you he killed a family because he was drunk driving? Honestly, I don't know why anyone would come to a second rate MSU forum instead of calling the cops. Seriously. Second, how the F do you think your or his insurance is going to pay for the damages if you haven't reported anything? Jesus H. Christ.

Should have read to the end of the thread. This x 2.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 22:28

gHost Spartan wrote:Call the fucking cops. Is it really that complicated? First, there could be a reason the vehicle struck you; maybe the driver had kidnapped someone, or is drunk. How would you feel if you found out that 30 minutes after the guy hit you he killed a family because he was drunk driving? Honestly, I don't know why anyone would come to a second rate MSU forum instead of calling the cops. Seriously. Second, how the F do you think your or his insurance is going to pay for the damages if you haven't reported anything? Jesus H. Christ.

Relax. Breathe into a paper bag if necessary. I have 5 days to report the incident with the police. Also, if you weren't hyperventilating at your computer you would have read the part where I said I am not seeking payment since there was no actual damage save one small paint scrape.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-16, 23:33

gHost Spartan wrote:

dude, it's not even about the compensation or the repair, it's about figuring out why the guy hit you and ran. This world is filled with fucking lunatics and when you run into one, especially one that commits a felony, then yeah, it's best to call the cops.

Who decides what constitutes a felony? Why is something a felony in one country and not another?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-17, 00:02

Second rate? That's awfully generous.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-17, 09:55

Is your name Pauline?

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-17, 10:37

InTenSity wrote:

Who decides what constitutes a felony? Why is something a felony in one country and not another?

Having to read gHost's posts is a fucking felony in at least 42 countries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-17, 11:06

Find out where that jackass lives, go there, and steal his Rose Bowl ticket.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-17, 13:33

gHost Spartan wrote:

dude, it's not even about the compensation or the repair, it's about figuring out why the guy hit you and ran. This world is filled with fucking lunatics and  when you run into one, especially one that commits a felony, then yeah, it's best to call the cops.

I did and they suggested I call my insurance company. I will probably go into the police station tomorrow and file a report.

I've had time to cool off and think about the situation. The impact was very faint and it's possible the guy didn't even know there was impact. He didn't drive off like a lunatic or anything, he was very non-chalant about it. So I have to decide if I want to **** this guy up over this or not.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-08-17, 15:20

I think you should piss and moan like an impotent jerk, then bend over and take it up the tailpipe
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-17, 17:29

JEK wrote:

I did and they suggested I call my insurance company. I will probably go into the police station tomorrow and file a report.

I've had time to cool off and think about the situation. The impact was very faint and it's possible the guy didn't even know there was impact. He didn't drive off like a lunatic or anything, he was very non-chalant about it. So I have to decide if I want to **** this guy up over this or not.

I got sideswiped by a dolt in a Chevy Cruz, but the damage was negligible. A meridian twp. cop showed up and wouldn't file a report because, in his estimation, the damage was under a $1,000. He said that's the dept. policy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-17, 18:46

tGreenWay wrote:

I got sideswiped by a dolt in a Chevy Cruz, but the damage was negligible.  A meridian twp. cop showed up and wouldn't file a report because, in his estimation, the damage was under a $1,000. He said that's the dept. policy.  

A taxi driver just hit and run me 502811600 

Shoulda asked him "hey, while your here, I've been hearing this strange knocking noise for about the last week or so. sounds like maybe passenger side wheel or somewhere up in that area. Only notice it when I get up around 55-60. I've checked the air, alignment, all that. You got an estimate on what that would cost to get fixed? Just a rough idea?"
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-18, 01:22

goodbar wrote:

Shoulda asked him "hey, while your here, I've been hearing this strange knocking noise for about the last week or so. sounds like maybe passenger side wheel or somewhere up in that area. Only notice it when I get up around 55-60. I've checked the air, alignment, all that. You got an estimate on what that would cost to get fixed? Just a rough idea?"

He would've love that. Meridian Twp. police have great senses of humor.
I should've mentioned that it was the other guy's car that looked beat up. He hit me in his Cruze and sustained the damage, what little there was. He was also the one to all the cops.
Looks like I was smart to pay extra for the titanium exterior package.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2014-08-18, 08:12

JEK wrote:

Relax. Breathe into a paper bag if necessary. I have 5 days to report the incident with the police. Also, if you weren't hyperventilating at your computer you would have read the part where I said I am not seeking payment since there was no actual damage save one small paint scrape.

We can hardly know that the driver who hit you knew that you were not seeking payment and there was no actual damage in your assessment. That is not the legal standard.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-18, 08:20

JEK wrote:

Apparently you're not in Michigan if you've got five days to report an accident. If there's no damage just buff the scrape out and forget about it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-08-18, 10:30

You didn't chase that motherfucker down? Man, you gotta drop the hammer and go after that punk. Get up on his ass for a few hundred yards, then swerve out next to him and shout profanities out your open window while driving like hell only a few inches away. Once you're beet red from screaming, pull in front of him and slam on the brakes. If he's man enough to step out of the vehicle at that point, you didn't scare enough of the shit out of him, and you should probably take off so you don't get your ass kicked. Hopefully you at least memorized his license plate. Cops and Ins Companies are for pussies. Street justice, bitch.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2014-08-18, 10:33

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Apparently you're not in Michigan if you've got five days to report an accident. If there's no damage just buff the scrape out and forget about it.

Spoken like a true insurance guy....
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-08-18, 10:34

call him first and tell him you won't press charges if he comes over and blows you a little.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-08-20, 08:32

Next time try "Hit me and ran"
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-08-20, 09:00

goodbar wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I got sideswiped by a dolt in a Chevy Cruz, but the damage was negligible.  A meridian twp. cop showed up and wouldn't file a report because, in his estimation, the damage was under a $1,000. He said that's the dept. policy.  

A taxi driver just hit and run me 1966794946 
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down