Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue....

+6
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
kingstonlake
10 posters

Go down

So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue.... Empty So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue....

Post by kingstonlake 2014-08-18, 15:29

Wtf.... 12 year olds who've had 6 weeks off with elbow fatigue and working with a therapist on better hip rotation to lessen the stress on his arm.

Da Fuq....

I don't know, make him a position player? Or are helicopter parents demanding he pitch?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue.... Empty Re: So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue....

Post by DWags 2014-08-18, 15:33

kingstonlake wrote:Wtf.... 12 year olds who've had 6 weeks off with elbow fatigue and working with a therapist on better hip rotation to lessen the stress on his arm.

Da Fuq....

I don't know, make him a position player? Or are helicopter parents demanding he pitch?

Little fucker doesn't win, he'll let his whole town down. Pain is temporary, glory is forever. Give him a shot, he'll be fine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue.... Empty Re: So this kid pitching in the LLWS has had elbow fatigue....

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-18, 15:45

The pitchers on my 11 year olds team were requested to find personal coaches/trainers for the off season.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-18, 15:50

he's no Mo'Ne.. that's for sure

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-18, 15:52

LeBatard has a theory that all these kids growing up today will have more injuries than kids of different era's. His reasoning is that they only play one sport and they play it year round. When I was in HS, I played soccer, did swim and track. None of it all that well, but still. It seemed football players also played BBall and Baseball. His theory, is that the body is too young and needs some time to heal. A kid who is pitching, who is told they have to pitch year round is going to have potential issues in their elbow. Usually I get home before he finishes explaining the rest of his theory, so that's all I've got.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-18, 15:54

InTenSity wrote:LeBatard has a theory that all these kids growing up today will have more injuries than kids of different era's. His reasoning is that they only play one sport and they play it year round. When I was in HS, I played soccer, did swim and track. None of it all that well, but still. It seemed football players also played BBall and Baseball. His theory, is that the body is too young and needs some time to heal. A kid who is pitching, who is told they have to pitch year round is going to have potential issues in their elbow. Usually I get home before he finishes explaining the rest of his theory, so that's all I've got.
had the same conversation with my wife yesterday..

we have a 15 year old daughter (sorry Forbin) who has a ton of friends who "specialize" in certain sports.. and they play the same sport year around.. and they are all overwhelmingly average - so we're not talking about the next LeBron or anyone.. does a great disservice to the kid (in my estimation).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-18, 16:16

InTenSity wrote:LeBatard has a theory that all these kids growing up today will have more injuries than kids of different era's. His reasoning is that they only play one sport and they play it year round. When I was in HS, I played soccer, did swim and track. None of it all that well, but still. It seemed football players also played BBall and Baseball. His theory, is that the body is too young and needs some time to heal. A kid who is pitching, who is told they have to pitch year round is going to have potential issues in their elbow. Usually I get home before he finishes explaining the rest of his theory, so that's all I've got.

Daughters dance 12 months a year 3 to 6 hours day six days a week. Usual a cations. It's brutal. Leg injuries. I hate it. It's real bullshit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-08-18, 16:21

Lebatard is not smart enough to come up with that. That's been an idea in sports medicine for years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-19, 09:25

Kids these days... striving for excellence by applying themselves year round toward their goals. Sigh... Back in MY day we sucked at MULTIPLE things... AND WE LIKED IT!

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-19, 09:34

Sounds like American kids sport is at an all time low.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-19, 09:37

Have they ever considered changing the name "little league?" Sounds a bit wimpy, but not as bad as Pee Wee Football. What's that all about?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-19, 09:39

Cym Jim wrote:Sounds like American kids sport is at an all time low.

Watching the LLWS, the American's aren't working hard enough. The Internationals will kick our ass. The Japanese don't get that good playing only part of the year.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-19, 11:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote: Back in MY day we sucked at MULTIPLE things... AND WE LIKED IT!

So much of this.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-19, 12:27

The best kids in the US aren't playing Little League Baseball.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-08-19, 12:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Watching the LLWS, the American's aren't working hard enough. The Internationals will kick our ass. The Japanese don't get that good playing only part of the year.

My brother lived in Hong Kong for several years, said once school got out it was common for their LL teams to have team practices for 5-6 hours a day.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down