Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question.

3 posters

Go down

Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question. Empty Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question.

Post by DWags Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Please don't take this as a troll question, because I understand that many people feel they should teach their kids how to handle a gun. What is important to some isn't to others and if it's legal in our country I say do what you feel is right.

Anyway, if my kid rides a horse, and falls, what's the best thing to do? Get right back on the horse? I hope this doesn't come off as a troll question, but do the parents of that girl keep taking her to a shooting range? If they don't will the message be that tragedy can happen with guns of a ridiculous nature? What would you gun guys do? Would you get your kid back on the horse right away? Would you be upset if your kid is turned off by guns for the rest of her life? How do you handle that as parents. No troll, real question. Tough one I know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question. Empty Re: Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question.

Post by DWags Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Has to be one gun advocate that will answer?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question. Empty Re: Gun advocates just a quick, non trolling question.

Post by xsanguine Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 am

I've never been around horses so I'm not sure what the right answer is to that particular analogy.

I'm not very familiar with the incident that occurred but it sounds like (from the few things I've read) the instructor wasn't following common sense safety protocols... and, again, I'm pretty ignorant about horses but if I take my daughter to a riding instructor who is teaching horse riding in an unsafe manner I'd probably not have her around that instructor in the first place and would certainly not have her back to them if she injured herself due to his negligence.

I don't see any problem with taking her to another instructor. If she still wanted to ride horses, that is.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:56 am

xsanguine wrote:I've never been around horses so I'm not sure what the right answer is to that particular analogy.

I'm not very familiar with the incident that occurred but it sounds like (from the few things I've read) the instructor wasn't following common sense safety protocols... and, again, I'm pretty ignorant about horses but if I take my daughter to a riding instructor who is teaching horse riding in an unsafe manner I'd probably not have her around that instructor in the first place and would certainly not have her back to them if she injured herself due to his negligence.

I don't see any problem with taking her to another instructor. If she still wanted to ride horses, that is.

In this case, the parents thought the instructor was doing everything perfect. Heck, they were filming him and her. If I had never driven my daughter before, then took her to a driving instructor who didn't have a nice safe ford focus, but had a corvette or a porsche, then the instructor had her start the car up and as he stood in front of the car was yelling to her to rev engine and ease up on the clutch, well, I might stop filming and take her out of the car. But that's just me. Maybe the wife would keep filming because it was cute. I don't know much about car engines though. Or cameras.

In the 9 year olds case, I understand you'd have her back at the range shooting those guns asap. I don't know that I would but then I don't know much about guns either. Maybe those parents need to just stop filming. That might help.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:02 am

DWags wrote:

In this case, the parents thought the instructor was doing everything perfect.  Heck, they were filming him and her.   If I had never driven my daughter before, then took her to a driving instructor who didn't have a nice safe ford focus, but had a corvette or a porsche, then the instructor had her start the car up and as he stood in front of the car was yelling to her to rev engine and ease up on the clutch, well, I might stop filming and take her out of the car.   But that's just me.   Maybe the wife would keep filming because it was cute.   I don't know much about car engines though.  Or cameras.  

In the 9 year olds case, I understand you'd have her back at the range shooting those guns asap.  I don't know that I would but then I don't know much about guns either.  Maybe those parents need to just stop filming.  That might help.  

For sure, I think I'd want to know my way around something before letting my son/daughter around it.. at least at that age. Hard to say, though... this guy won a Darwin award, that's for sure.

Reminds me of this show-off genius...

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:29 am

Not EVERYONE needs to have a gun. In fact, those uncomfortable with guns for any reason, should not have them. If the young girl wants nothing to do with them, it should be respected. I wouldn't blame her. It was stupid to have her shooting a fully auto gun to begin with. Anyone that would push her to get back to the shooting range is sick.

Guns are NOT freeking toys. Period. Children have no business shooting powerful weapons and teens should only be allowed to shoot higher powered weapons after hours of shooting smaller weapons, strictly supervised.

Its frightening how stupid some people are that they would hand a fully auto weapon to a 9 year old girl. Insanity!
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down