Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCum win a joke.

+12
Jake from State Farm
Ass Dan
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Mentalstate
RubberbandMan
WBill
Jethro Bodeen
16 posters

Go down

SCum win a joke. Empty SCum win a joke.

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-09-01, 17:01

Appalachian State may have been small, but they were slow. That was no joke. That team was bad. One of the worst D1 teams I've seen since the Northwestern teams of the late 70's and early 80's.

I checked their 2 deep and they clearly inflated the height of their linemen. They were short and tubby overall.
Their DL was pathetic- (beside the fact they got held every play). They couldn't move laterally or shake any blocker,
which gave SCum all of those pathetically easy big runs. Their D would be poor by D2 standards.

Appy's OL was weak- especially their center #55. He was useless and got pushed around like a D3 walk-on.

I know App State is D1 this year but they were 4-8 in 1AA ( F- you I know is FCS or something like that)
They weren't competitive, especially on defense last year.

So anyway- that was a meaningless victory that showed nothing as SCum might as well been playing Wayne State.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

SCum win a joke. Empty Re: SCum win a joke.

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-09-01, 17:39

gHost Spartan wrote:Thank you for sharing

Thank you for thanking me, but I was expecting at least a fk you nucky.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-09-01, 17:44

It just makes App State's prior win more amazing.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-09-01, 20:48

Whew, man, I couldn't sleep last night. Glad you cleared this up!
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-09-01, 21:10

Wait, you mean their 4-8 record in the football sub-division last year was an accurate barometer of their suckiness?
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-09-01, 21:38

Well smart-guys....
I was initially impressed with their running game but I watched the game film and saw how terrible they were on the OL and D-lines. Their LB's stunk too and were out of position and looked confused.

But I guess this board is equally worthless as the RCMB in discussing football and will instead be all about celebrity tit pictures, self-serving smart remarks, inside jokes among losers that spend 70hrs a week projecting their imagined coolness....
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-09-01, 22:26

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Well smart-guys....
I was initially impressed with their running game but I watched the game film and saw how terrible they were on the OL and D-lines. Their LB's stunk too and were out of position and looked confused.

But I guess this board is equally worthless as the RCMB in discussing football and will instead be all about celebrity tit pictures, self-serving smart remarks, inside jokes among losers that spend 70hrs a week projecting their imagined coolness....

Easy there Jethro. I think its just because Oregon, and Rose Bowl and -48.

We need you here, don't let them rattle you.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-01, 22:34

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

Listen here Coach Lombardi, all of those things are needed to make a good Internet message board.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-01, 22:40

I want to party with you man
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-09-01, 23:07

I fart in your general direction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-01, 23:10

Settle the **** down, Beavis. Appreciate your insights, but I think most of us took the UM/App St game results with a huge grain of salt. If you want to dive into the nitty gritty, we do have an Xs and Os thread, starring Space Coyote and there's some good shit in there.

I think we pretty much know that UM can't block up front. Their running game is not going to stand a chance against teams with solid front 7s.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-02, 00:55

I was initially impressed with their running game but I watched the game film 
Stop. Just stop right there. We need to talk. 

Why the living **** would you be doing that? Seriously? You watched "game film" of the UM-App State game? Why? Seriously, I want to know. What possesses an individual to do something like that?

Edit- SRC; the f word being blocked was cute at first and I get the joke, but can we stop now?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-09-02, 01:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Stop. Just stop right there. We need to talk. 

Why the living **** would you be doing that? Seriously? You watched "game film" of the UM-App State game? Why? Seriously, I want to know. What possesses an individual to do something like that?

Edit- SRC; the f word being blocked was cute at first and I get the joke, but can we stop now?

I actually am interested in the sport- and I bet on games. So- when I want to see if a team runs the ball, I check out the replays. It doesn't take long when you know what you're looking at. I do.  I don't  just look at stats. It's deceiving, Especially early in season before reputations have been earned.

My point was that Appy State looked like a horrendous team. My first impression of them when watching the game live was that they were just outmanned, but beyond that, they were out of position on defense all game. Because the only thing you could say for SCum was that the rushing was impressive. But on all of those big plays it was small, immobile front 7 playing piss poor defense.

I think ND will kick the living shit out of SCum as they will be shocked by the change in competition from DII to D1 and crumble as usual.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-09-02, 05:04

Jethro, when you say you watched game film, are you talking about DVRing the game or finding the coaches tape of games? because if it's the latter, I gotta know how you got your hands on it.

Michigan is starting a pretty weak DL, I think Beyer (who I played hs ball with) might be one of the worst starting DEs in the B1G. Stopping the run will be impossible against teams like ND, Minnesota, MSU, and OSU.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-09-02, 07:36

From what I've seen, Appy State got $1million to show up and be the patsy at Brandon's revenge game.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-09-02, 10:47

SCum win a joke. HokeHotdogs-1
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-09-02, 11:48

Do you want to talk about football, or do you want to clutch yourself nervously while reaffirming your belief that"scUM SUCKS LOL"?

Sack up and talk about Michigan State, or go find a Wolverine board to talk about Michigan.
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-02, 12:27

SeeRockCity wrote:

Easy there Jethro.  I think its just because Oregon, and Rose Bowl and -48.

We need you here, don't let them rattle you.

Yeah. Fuck you Nucky.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-02, 12:31

Had a few friends on Facebook act like they just won the national championship after the win this Saturday.

They were saying that it was payback for the last game. Sorry, I don't think what happened last Saturday will ever erase the biggest upset of all time in college football.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-09-02, 13:26

For perspective:

scum's 2nd string D dominated their first string OL in the open scrimmage two weeks ago. Then um's 3rd string DL came in and also kicked the 1st string OL's ass. Then they play a losing team at the sub-football level, who lost to teams like Charleston Southern last year, and they blow away App State's DL. So essentially, app state's DL would be scum's 4th string DL, at best. And yet...scum thinks they have solved their OL issues and running back issues.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-09-02, 13:42

UM won so big, I'm cautiously raising my preseason ranking from #6 to #5 in the country
Sincerely,
Desmond
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down