Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young"

+10
NigelUno
SpartanInNH
Ass Dan
SawGreen
DWags
WBill
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
14 posters

Go down

warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young" Empty warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young"

Post by kingstonlake Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:47 pm

Then tried back tracking. "Well, were not young, we're developing"

Whatever loser.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young" Empty Re: warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young"

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:48 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Then tried back tracking. "Well, were not young, we're developing"

Whatever loser.....

I think he's right. He just needs another five years, and then look out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young" Empty Re: warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young"

Post by kingstonlake Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think he's right.  He just needs another five years, and then look out.

Dude hasn't "developed" anything either. Can't think of anybody whose really risen dramatically in his tenure? Jake Ryan, maybe. Tend to think he's a fraud though.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:01 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

Dude hasn't "developed" anything either. Can't think of anybody whose really risen dramatically in his tenure? Jake Ryan, maybe. Tend to think he's a fraud though.

He has developed his body weight quite well.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

He has developed his body weight quite well.

and employment at the Old Country Buffet
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:23 pm

After UM, he will rake in the cash as a buffet restaurant consultant.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Does Hoke get another coaching job after they fire him?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 pm

steveschneider wrote:Does Hoke get another coaching job after they fire him?

In football or competitive eating?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:48 pm

No mention of the 19 first year players who played for ND last night ?
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 pm

steveschneider wrote:Does Hoke get another coaching job after they fire him?

Line coach NFL. He's not bad. Bobby Williams is a decent coach. Not a head coach. Takes a certain personality. Hoke might even catch on at a major college as a coordinator or as "asst head coach" and line coach. Guy has a way of getting recruits. He just can't develop them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:18 pm

How can his placating attitude ever change things for the better?  Accountability wins.  Aw shucks never will.  The timing of the Harbough rumors are setting a stage for change.  And, if it happens, I'm fine with it.  He seems every bit the prick, and it could be entertaining.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:39 pm

SawGreen wrote:How can his placating attitude ever change things for the better?  Accountability wins.  Aw shucks never will.  The timing of the Harbough rumors are setting a stage for change.  And, if it happens, I'm fine with it.  He seems every bit the prick, and it could be entertaining.

He will be coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Getting attaboys from old blue hairs ain't the same stage as the nfl. He's a big stage craving ego. Ann Arbor can't feed that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:42 pm

SawGreen wrote:How can his placating attitude ever change things for the better?  Accountability wins.  Aw shucks never will.  The timing of the Harbough rumors are setting a stage for change.  And, if it happens, I'm fine with it.  He seems every bit the prick, and it could be entertaining.

I hope he sticks around for another year. Maybe even two. Just keep Hoke, please.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Ass Dan wrote:

I hope he sticks around for another year.  Maybe even two.  Just keep Hoke, please.

Unless things go completely south, he stays another year. Too chummy with an egotistical AD that will not want to fire the guy he hired to put the program back together. I say eight wins and he is back. Seven is a toss-up, and six or less means he is gone. But in 2015 it is going to have to be 10+ and a division championship.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Can OP post a link?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think he's right.  He just needs another five years, and then look out.

I think he wins a natty in 10 years. They would make a big mistake firing him in less than 10 years.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Ass Dan wrote:Can OP post a link?

Don't have a link to that specific post, but here's MGoBlow's version of the post-game presser.

Der der der.....Uhhhhhhh......

The Hokester does appear to be feeling some pressure, given this exchange:

This is I believe 0-4 against the big three rivals on the road over the last four years. What is this team missing? What does this team need to get over the hump?

“Winning. You win the game. You play. You don’t turn over the ball. You don’t give up big plays.”

Is this a mental thing at this point or what do you guys view this as?

“You talk about it enough into being a mental thing. I don’t think it’s a mental thing.”

What do you think it is?

“Just what I said. You can’t give up big plays. Can’t turn the ball over.” warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young" 1896033241
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Your guys were pretty adamant about how bad they wanted this because of this possibly being the last game. Were you surprised at how lopsided this ended up being?

“This game? Yeah.”

No, Brady. He is actually asking about the lopsided win UM had against Isabella County Farm School in 1901. Hoke is pretty uptight these days.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Unless things go completely south, he stays another year. Too chummy with an egotistical AD that will not want to fire the guy he hired to put the program back together. I say eight wins and he is back. Seven is a toss-up, and six or less means he is gone. But in 2015 it is going to have to be 10+ and a division championship.

One more BS Gibbons/Lewan problem, and the new Prez cans them both.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:22 am

NigelUno wrote:Turtleneck wrote:“Unless things go completely south, he stays another year. Too chummy with an egotistical AD that will not want to fire the guy he hired to put the program back together. I say eight wins and he is back. Seven is a toss-up, and six or less means he is gone. But in 2015 it is going to have to be 10+ and a division championship. ”One more BS Gibbons/Lewan problem, and the new Prez cans them both.

Right, because those situations just come up all the time
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:05 am

Ass Dan wrote:Can OP post a link?

Heard the audio on a 97.1 update. I'll try to find a link.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:02 am

bump..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

Obsession
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:24 am

Heat Miser wrote:

Obsession
my Appalachian State shirt makes me feel better..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:25 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Heat Miser wrote:“Obsession”my Appalachian State shirt makes me feel better..

No it doesn't
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 am

Heat Miser wrote:

No it doesn't
you clearly underestimate it's importance..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

Bob, you are part of the problem.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 am

duffy munn wrote:

Bob, you are part of the problem.
there's a problem?

warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young" 4113017228 - what is it?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:15 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
there's a problem?

warning obsession... Brady Hoke Post game: "We're young" 4113017228  - what is it?

you don't add enough to the board.

bump.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down