Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you let your 5 year old son....

+44
Code_Warrior
Chitown_Badger
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
All Your Base
Rodeo Burger
Motown Spartan
Notorious GiB
GRR Spartan
Gomer
Manuel Uribe
tig ol bitties
SawGreen
By-Tor
Nommad2
Phil McCrackin
AMwood
Tyler Durden
SeeRockCity
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
SpartanInNH
MSU addict
Uno Nigel
SPARTASOTAN
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
Izzo Court
Brock Middlebrook
HT
Spartan Pride
SpartanGuard
Rocinante
xsanguine
Cym Jim
DWags
GirbaudJeans
pulling69
y2kMgrad
LoneWolfSparty
NigelUno
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
48 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you let your 5 year old son....

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 502811600

This thread is great, and I have to give Cym major props for the best crafted response.

I'm going to Let it Goooo, Let it Gooooo.....he'll probably change his mind in the meantime. If not, whatever.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you let your 5 year old son....

Post by MSU addict Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:Damn man. Starting late aren't you, old balls?
Dependent social security benefits are just too good of a deal to pass up.

Even scarier - the wife and I have not taken the idea of a second child off the table (she is 43).

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:02 pm

DWags wrote:I need to qualify this with what I always do however, I'm probably the worst ****ing parent ever made.  I wake up clueless, I don't know how to discipline them or when to, I have no clue what I should do a lot of the day.   I'm pretty lucky they both kind of take care of themselves.   Oh, and their mom seems to know how to handle a lot of shit that comes up in their lives.  I just kind of talk football with them.

So basically, WBH should ask your wife what to do?
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 pm

I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:15 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 502811600

This thread is great, and I have to give Cym major props for the best crafted response.

I'm going to Let it Goooo, Let it Gooooo.....he'll probably change his mind in the meantime. If not, whatever.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried!

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always wanted to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go
Your kids not straight anymore
Let it go, let it go
Drop the football pads on the floor!

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
Not that there's anything wrong with that anyway!

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 am

Pretty good! I especially like the NTTAWWT line.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 am

Rocinante wrote:Pretty good! I especially like the NTTAWWT line.

And yet nobody has used this?

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1633878724
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:37 am

21. No kids. You should encourage him to explore all of his options but if he ends up going with it, well fuck it, let him do it. Life.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:39 am

This is not about your kid's sexual preference later in life, this is about getting him killed at school.

While I understand that it's "okay" to let the kid express himself, I want to propose the idea that it's "okay" for a man to tell his son that boys don't dress up like girls while the kid is in his formative years. That does not mean you can't be a supportive parent later in life when the kid has more information about how the world works and is up to the challenge of making his own decisions.

Therapist: What do you mean? Tell me about that.

WBHII: Well, when I was 5, my dad LET me dress up like one of the princess girls from frozen. I mean, no "um, well son, guys don't dress up like girls usually", or "well, unfortunately, some people might not quite understand", he just went along with it, bought me the costume and everything. What the hell do I know at that age anyway? I assumed that meant it was cool.

Therapist: Sounds like a very open minded father.

WBHII: Ha, yeah well, Now, looking back, I'm now convinced he did it on purpose just to fuck with me. No way a grown man lets his 4-year-old kid dress up like that without some ulterior motive. Kind of set the tone for the rest of our relationship. Kids ****ing killed me in pre-school the next day. I don't know if he was trying to teach me a lesson, or just drunk, or whatever but ... yeah... thanks asshole.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 am

SeeRockCity wrote:This is not about your kid's sexual preference later in life, this is about getting him killed at school.  

While I understand that it's "okay" to let the kid express himself, I want to propose the idea that it's "okay" for a man to tell his son that boys don't dress up like girls while the kid is in his formative years.  That does not mean you can't be a supportive parent later in life when the kid has more information about how the world works and is up to the challenge of making his own decisions. If the kid catches the ghey, then roll with it, but until then, it's your job to help them understand what is socially acceptable and what is not, otherwise, you're using your 4-year-old son as a political statement.

Therapist:  What do you mean?  Tell me about that.

WBHII: Well, when I was 5, my dad LET me dress up like one of the princess girls from frozen.  I mean, no "um, well son, guys don't dress up like girls usually", or "well, unfortunately, some people might not quite understand", he just went along with it, bought me the costume and everything.  What the hell do I know at that age anyway?  I assumed that meant it was cool.

Therapist:  Sounds like a very open minded father.

WBHII: Ha, yeah well, Now, looking back, I'm now convinced he did it on purpose just to fuck with me.  No way a grown man lets his 4-year-old kid dress up like that without some ulterior motive.  Kind of set the tone for the rest of our relationship.  Kids ****ing killed me in pre-school the next day.  I don't know if he was trying to teach me a lesson, or just drunk, or whatever but ... yeah... thanks asshole.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Seriously, who cares?

If he's ever going to suck a dick, that's already been decided. Nothing you can do. Let his freak flag fly.

My 3 year old decided to put on his storm trooper mask at 3am this morning and wake me up with battery operated laser fire at point blank range. Sacred the shit out of me. I would have preferred him singing "let it go."
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:22 pm

make sure to spend a little extra coin on the slippers. he might get some use out of them after halloween.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:This is not about your kid's sexual preference later in life, this is about getting him killed at school.  

The kid is 5 and goes to Pre-K. I think he'll be fine. My vote is to let him dress up as whatever he wants. It's Halloween, it's not like he's asking to dress up like a girl for Easter or Christmas.

Odds are, all his Pre-K buddies are into the movie too. Any 4-5 year old making fun of another 4-5 year old for dressing up at Halloween is doing so because their parents told them they couldn't/shouldn't do the same.

Honestly, does anyone here really remember being traumatized by pre-K experiences? (clowns aside...)
He and every other kid will likely have forgotten about it completely in a few weeks regardless.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Phil McCrackin wrote:SeeRockCity wrote:“This is not about your kid's sexual preference later in life, this is about getting him killed at school.  ”The kid is 5 and goes to Pre-K. I think he'll be fine. My vote is to let him dress up as whatever he wants. It's Halloween, it's not like he's asking to dress up like a girl for Easter or Christmas.Odds are, all his Pre-K buddies are into the movie too. Any 4-5 year old making fun of another 4-5 year old for dressing up at Halloween is doing so because their parents told them they couldn't/shouldn't do the same.Honestly, does anyone here really remember being traumatized by pre-K experiences? (clowns aside...) He and every other kid will likely have forgotten about it completely in a few weeks regardless.

Just remember those pictures last forever. When he brings that hot snatch home when he's 19 and mom pulls that photo album out he'll be wishing he'd gone as Optimus Prime instead.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:21 pm

InTenSity wrote:I don't have an answer. My son has downs, I'm not going to worry about what he wears for Halloween. Start putting star wars on whenever he's around. Yes, start with ep1.
Are you out of your mind?? NEVER start with Ep I - you ruin the biggest surprise of the series! Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 294152859
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Only an adult with severe self-image issues would be worried about what he wore for Halloween when he was 5. Like a borderline sociopath. Let him have fun.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:Only an adult with severe self-image issues would be worried about what he wore for Halloween when he was 5. Like a borderline sociopath. Let him have fun.

What do you think Nucky dressed as for Halloween when he was 5?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm

It's perfectly fine. I bet the chicks in his class will dig it big time. I remember when I was elementary and middle school aged I'd sneak into female family members' bedrooms and put on their panties. Occasionally I'd even get a boner doing it. I turned out perfectly normal. Nothing to stress about here.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:34 pm

MSU addict wrote:When I was around 8 my Mom essentially forced me to be a ballerina one Halloween.  By forced I mean it was a simple ultimatum - be a ballerina or not go out trick or treating.  As I remember it, I still refused, but then she up the ante by offering me $5.   This was more than forty years ago and I grew up poor in a very working class neighborhood so $5 was a small fortune to me.  I took the money.

Kids have short memories, so other than the next week no one at school teased me.  It is not something that carried on into high school or anything past elementary school.

This is good perspective. My original though was probably not, simply because of the potential ridicule. But, you are right. At 5, no kid will remember it after a few years. Only the family will remember (and hopefully have fun with it), and the other parents, who may judge WhiteBoy for the rest of his kids school days. Razz
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

What do you think Nucky dressed as for Halloween when he was 5?

She probably dressed in football pads. Or goalie pads, one of the two.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:01 pm

By-Tor wrote:It's perfectly fine. I bet the chicks in his class will dig it big time. I remember when I was elementary and middle school aged I'd sneak into female family members' bedrooms and put on their panties. Occasionally I'd even get a boner doing it. I turned out perfectly normal. Nothing to stress about here.

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1966794946 Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1966794946
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Cym Jim wrote:
LGBTQ tendencies are usually apparent at very early ages - so you can either try to force "him" into a lifestyle where he will feel uncomfortable and depressed, or celebrate who he is and let him explore a transvestite or transgendered lifestyle. 

My son was kicking ass in sports at your boy's age and tested into the best selective elementary in the state, so I can't really empathize. However, I like to think I might have been able to love him just as much if he had "developed" like your "boy". I hate people who are judgmental. Send me a PM if I can help further.

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1486952199 Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1486952199 Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1486952199 Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1486952199 Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 1486952199
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuel Uribe Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:47 pm

Phil McCrackin wrote:

The kid is 5 and goes to Pre-K. I think he'll be fine. My vote is to let him dress up as whatever he wants. It's Halloween, it's not like he's asking to dress up like a girl for Easter or Christmas.

I was a devil for Halloween from age 4-6, never thought about it again until I was 18 and a student at ASU. Devil coincidence? I think not.

Then I gained 1000+ pounds and needed no costume. Just festively decorated maracas.
Manuel Uribe
Manuel Uribe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:46 am

Manuel Uribe wrote:

I was a devil for Halloween from age 4-6, never thought about it again until I was 18 and a student at ASU. Devil coincidence? I think not.

Then I gained 1000+ pounds and needed no costume. Just festively decorated maracas.
Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 2 Evil_Homer
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:44 am

SeaRockCity has it right. Sometimes you have to protect your child from others and this is one of those times.

If he goes as a princess there will be kids bringing that up when he's 12/13. You might not think so but I coached 13 year old kids who were still making fun of kids who had been afraid of live pitching when they were 7. You'd like to think they forget but you'd be wrong.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:18 am

Cym Jim wrote:
LGBTQ tendencies are usually apparent at very early ages - so you can either try to force "him" into a lifestyle where he will feel uncomfortable and depressed, or celebrate who he is and let him explore a transvestite or transgendered lifestyle. 

My son was kicking ass in sports at your boy's age and tested into the best selective elementary in the state, so I can't really empathize. However, I like to think I might have been able to love him just as much if he had "developed" like your "boy". I hate people who are judgmental. Send me a PM if I can help further.
Cym Jim wrote:

Let's face it, your son is British, which me and the only "sports" he dominated were tiddly winks.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:21 am

WBH, let's face it, you are raising the next gHost, which means your boy will suck plenty of cock. Embrace it, invite over tTy and Tyler Durden and show him how it's done.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:06 am

InTenSity wrote:
Elsa is the younger sister and main character for frozen. Ana is the older sister.

You might want to watch the movie again.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:55 am

Notorious GiB wrote:

Let's face it, your son is British, which me and the only "sports" he dominated were tiddly winks.

Do you play tiddly winks sitting down?

Last edited by Turtleneck on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Uno Nigel Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:30 am

Rocinante wrote:Only an adult with severe self-image issues would be worried about what he wore for Halloween when he was 5. Like a borderline sociopath. Let him have fun.

Maybe the OP is on the down low? He sired another homosexual and he's feeling guilty? Lots of questions that need to be answered. Does the OP prefer the top or the bottom. Does he like the song, "Started on the bottom cause I'm queer?" Does the op wear speedo instead of tank bathing suits. All kinds of hints need to examined.
Uno Nigel
Uno Nigel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Uno Nigel Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 am

Notorious GiB wrote:WBH, let's face it, you are raising the next gHost, which means your boy will suck plenty of cock. Embrace it, invite over tTy and Tyler Durden and show him how it's done.

No question Ghost is on the down low. I think we can all agree on that
Uno Nigel
Uno Nigel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:49 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:....be a Disney Princess for Halloween?

Serious question. I'm sure I will get plenty of smart ass replies.

He wants to be Elsa. It's all he talks about. I'm struggling with it. I know the social environment I grew up in. Something like that would probably have been prime for ridicule even in preschool and your buddies would hold it against you probably through High School. I don't want my kid being bullied. But things are different now. I also want him to be secure and confident and don't want to give off signals like I disapprove of that. Do what you want, in a way.

Kids are goofy. All the kids in his preschool are apparently obsessed with Frozen. He's also obsessed with TMNT and Jake and TNLP and other stuff. But Frozen is his current thing and he really wants to be Elsa. He is probably going to get exposed to other kids when he gets to K next year and I will miss the days when he thought it was cool to like different stuff.

But dressing in drag? I just don't know if I can go through with it. Am I being stupid? I mean it's a 4/5 year old, right?

If you offer a serious response here (doubtful), I want your age, and # of kids.

This thread turn out like you thought it would? Or worse?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:11 am

I think it was a pretty good thread. Entertaining all the way around.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 am

Motown Spartan wrote:

You might want to watch the movie again.
Watched again last night. I was never good with names. Hell, I can never remember Kristoff's name, always think its Sven.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:11 am

Fuck that movie. Tangled is way better.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:50 am

InTenSity wrote:
Watched again last night. I was never good with names. Hell, I can never remember Kristoff's name, always think its Sven.

Understandable. And the only reason I know is because at my daughter's preschool graduation in June, she was the only girl of nine that didn't say she wanted to be Elsa when she grows up. That, and we've watched the movie 400 times.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:59 am

Motown Spartan wrote:

Understandable. And the only reason I know is because at my daughter's preschool graduation in June, she was the only girl of nine that didn't say she wanted to be Elsa when she grows up. That, and we've watched the movie 400 times.

This is the most disturbing thing ITT.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Rocinante wrote:Fuck that movie. Tangled is way better.

I'm with you, Tangled is amazing. Brave is shit too.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Cym Jim wrote:

I'm with you, Tangled is amazing. Brave is shit too.

LOL butthurt by the Scots.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:

This is the most disturbing thing ITT.

+1. What's next? Goddam trophies for participation!! WUSSIFICATION!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next