Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you let your 5 year old son....

+44
Code_Warrior
Chitown_Badger
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
All Your Base
Rodeo Burger
Motown Spartan
Notorious GiB
GRR Spartan
Gomer
Manuel Uribe
tig ol bitties
SawGreen
By-Tor
Nommad2
Phil McCrackin
AMwood
Tyler Durden
SeeRockCity
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
SpartanInNH
MSU addict
Uno Nigel
SPARTASOTAN
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
Izzo Court
Brock Middlebrook
HT
Spartan Pride
SpartanGuard
Rocinante
xsanguine
Cym Jim
DWags
GirbaudJeans
pulling69
y2kMgrad
LoneWolfSparty
NigelUno
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
48 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you let your 5 year old son....

Post by All Your Base Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:14 pm

SpartanGuard wrote:

First off, flip that around: Elsa is the older sister.

This.

I don't have an opinion, but this thread really entertained me since I worked on Frozen.

One thing you can tell him: Disney Consumer Products is REALLY ratcheting up production on Halloween costumes for Frozen this year. He's going to be awash in a sea of Annas and Elsas.
All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you let your 5 year old son....

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:22 pm

All Your Base wrote:

I worked on Frozen.

I am disappoint.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:11 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:This is not about your kid's sexual preference later in life, this is about getting him killed at school.

While I understand that it's "okay" to let the kid express himself, I want to propose the idea that it's "okay" for a man to tell his son that boys don't dress up like girls while the kid is in his formative years. That does not mean you can't be a supportive parent later in life when the kid has more information about how the world works and is up to the challenge of making his own decisions.

Therapist: What do you mean? Tell me about that.

WBHII: Well, when I was 5, my dad LET me dress up like one of the princess girls from frozen. I mean, no "um, well son, guys don't dress up like girls usually", or "well, unfortunately, some people might not quite understand", he just went along with it, bought me the costume and everything. What the hell do I know at that age anyway? I assumed that meant it was cool.

Therapist: Sounds like a very open minded father.

WBHII: Ha, yeah well, Now, looking back, I'm now convinced he did it on purpose just to fuck with me. No way a grown man lets his 4-year-old kid dress up like that without some ulterior motive. Kind of set the tone for the rest of our relationship. Kids ****ing killed me in pre-school the next day. I don't know if he was trying to teach me a lesson, or just drunk, or whatever but ... yeah... thanks asshole.

Yeah, I agree the concern should be (and from the OP it seems that it is) more about the reaction of others. It's easy to say, who gives a fuck what others think, but it has an impact on kids.

WBH, can you talk him into 2 costumes? One for school, and one for trick or treating around the neighborhood (or if there are a lot of kids from school in the neighborhood, take him in the Elsa costume to a mall or something, maybe even make it feel like an extra special trick or treating trip). It gives him his costume, while also protecting him.

Of course, he'll still probably tell his friends that he also has an Elsa costume, and may have already told his friends what he wants to be. Wonder if other boys in his class want to be her, too?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:20 pm

TLDR

(Boys 13, 11 and Girl 3)

That said... He's 4, don't worry about him catching the gay.

You wanna know what this is... this is a PERFECT time to get that embarrassing shit you can bribe him with later. Pics for the graduation wall of pics....

"don't be a little shit or I will post the picture of you as a princess to facebook" - you 2023-2028.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:45 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:TLDR

(Boys 13, 11 and Girl 3)

That said... He's 4, don't worry about him catching the gay.

You wanna know what this is... this is a PERFECT time to get that embarrassing shit you can bribe him with later. Pics for the graduation wall of pics....

"don't be a little shit or I will post the picture of you as a princess to facebook" - you 2023-2028.

Please tell me Facebook will be gone by then......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:06 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Please tell me Facebook will be gone by then......

By then? It's already gone. Only women use it. And ghost.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:18 pm

nt it was cool.

Therapist: Sounds like a very open minded father.

WBHII: Oh honey I can't even begin to tell you. Like oh my godd he was opened minded...O..M...G. That boi was SOOO open minded
Fixed.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Rocinante wrote:

I am disappoint.

Your avatar looks sad.  Like it's in prison.
All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

You're probably going to have a difficult conversation in 10-12 years, but so what. By then, most likely:

Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:....be a Disney Princess for Halloween?

Serious question. I'm sure I will get plenty of smart ass replies.

He wants to be Elsa. It's all he talks about. I'm struggling with it. I know the social environment I grew up in. Something like that would probably have been prime for ridicule even in preschool and your buddies would hold it against you probably through High School. I don't want my kid being bullied. But things are different now. I also want him to be secure and confident and don't want to give off signals like I disapprove of that. Do what you want, in a way.

Kids are goofy. All the kids in his preschool are apparently obsessed with Frozen. He's also obsessed with TMNT and Jake and TNLP and other stuff. But Frozen is his current thing and he really wants to be Elsa. He is probably going to get exposed to other kids when he gets to K next year and I will miss the days when he thought it was cool to like different stuff.

But dressing in drag? I just don't know if I can go through with it. Am I being stupid? I mean it's a 4/5 year old, right?

If you offer a serious response here (doubtful), I want your age, and # of kids.

Let him have his fun and don't give it another moment's thought. It's a Halloween costume fergodsakes. Nobody is going to remember what he wore for Halloween at the age of 4 - especially him. Hell, do you remember what costume you wore for Halloween when you were 4? I sure as hell don't.

If any adults give you shit about it just whip out the "It's a Halloween costume fergodsakes, and speaking of Brady Hoke, how about those Wolverines?". If they are a SCum fan they will be reminded of their SCum woes and slink away hoping to avoid any further discussion on the matter, and if they are an MSU fan then the conversation will change to ripping on SCum which is always fun and changes the subject. Either way you win.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Who said that only girls could wear female costumes anyway? That a law?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:08 pm

I do all the time. I get boners when I wear my sister's underwear for instance.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:47 am

Yikes! Need to put Toy Story on constant loop before Halloween.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:54 am

He told me yesterday he wanted to be Leonardo. Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 3 2599972566

If I know my wife, mom is probably now going to try to talk him into being Elsa thinking that I or someone else somehow told him he couldn't be Elsa because he's a boy.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:13 pm

On one particular Halloween in college I borrowed a dress and some accessories from one of gals down Park Lane for my costume.  I even went so far as shaving my legs.  I did not make for a pretty woman, but I had about a 1/2 dozen straight coeds want to me to bang them that night, which was about a 1/2 dozen more than normal.

So, going as Elsa may not be totally wrong.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Yeah it's weird how it's okay for adult men to dress as women for Halloween, but if it's a boy there's something wrong with it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:01 pm

I went as Whinny Cooper from the Wonder years when i was in my late 20s. I banged Kevin that night.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Rocinante wrote:Yeah it's weird how it's okay for adult men to dress as women for Halloween, but if it's a boy there's something wrong with it.

no. it's never okay for men to dress like women for halloween or any occasion.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:29 pm

AMwood wrote:

AMwood wrote:

If you'd have seen him in his Lady Gaga oufit, you wouldn't think that.

dude was hot.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:48 pm

AMwood wrote:

College kids do it constantly.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Rocinante wrote:Yeah it's weird how it's okay for adult men to dress as women for Halloween, but if it's a boy there's something wrong with it.

You got your "Slutty Cop" costume all picked out big guy?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:08 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

You got your "Slutty Cop" costume all picked out big guy?

I didn't say I want to do it, just that it's often done. And accepted.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:19 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He told me yesterday he wanted to be Leonardo. Would you let your 5 year old son.... - Page 3 2599972566

Good choice, Leo's the most serious and disciplined out of all the turtles. He's definitely not gay.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 pm

AMwood wrote:

You don't handle disappointment well, do you?
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 pm

GirbaudJeans wrote:I went as Whinny Cooper from the Wonder years when i was in my late 20s.  I banged Kevin that night.
Pretty sure I was Kevin at that party so I don't think that's true. 

I have myself another Halloween dilemma. The boy is obsessed with Halloween. OBSESSED. Loves zombies, ghosts, haunted houses, skeletons, etc. He's a fucking weirdo. So he's been talking about his Halloween costume for like 3 months already. He had it settled. He was going to be Scooby Doo. He watches an inordinate amount of Scooby Doo because monsters and shit. (funny for another reason that I'm not going to get into right now)

So one night a few weeks ago we were watching, in keeping with the theme, Curious George's Halloween. Dad might have had a few beers and opened his stupid fucking mouth and might have slipped in "Too bad you're going to be Scooby Doo for Halloween, it would be hilarious if you went as George and I went as the Man in the Yellow Hat."

Immediate scratching of record. Gears turning. We have a new Halloween plan! This is all he talks about now.

Fuck. Trying to talk him into being Elsa.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Curious George is sweet but monkeys are scaredy cats. Scoob is much more able to navigate Halloween and potential mysteries that may arise.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:53 am

Doesn't the 'Man in the Yellow Hat' drink a lot of Pina Coladas?
NTTAWWT
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3