Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em

+3
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
7 posters

Go down

Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em Empty Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-27, 00:39

I don't commute, but have been listening more this fall. I hate music so it's always sports talk on the radio dial when I have the radio on.

1. Matt Dery - really starting to like this show. He is fair, he is kinda funny in a sarcastic way. He gets it. I also like that he's not a Detroit native so he's pretty neutral on the college scene.

2. Shep in the Morning. Oh man I'm gonna get killed for this. I like Shep's show. He gets super fired up, and emotional. I LIKE that. He's passionate. I appreciate that. He might argue with his callers, but at the end of the day, he is polite to them and thanks them for calling. I dig that.

3. Jamie & Wojo. I like both these dudes. Woj was getting a little stale/set in his ways with Stoney but these two work well together. Jamie is a smart dude. They're not on often, and I don't get the chance to listen to them often when they are due to the time slot, but I think this is a fun pairing.

4. Valenti and Foster. I like Mike. Not one of those guys who thinks he needs to be a cheerleader for MSU. I just think caller driven radio is boring as fuck, Mike loves to act like he's smarter than everyone else, and Terry is clueless. Still pretty good chemistry and good show.

5. Ryan and Rico. I like this show. Both make no bones about their allegiances, and are very honest and don't come across as biased when they discuss their schools. Neither dude is very polished, though.

6. Caputo and Fithian or Caputo. This guy drives me nuts. He cuts everyone off. Talks over everyone. Has some decent opinions but doesn't let anyone get their .02 in.

7. Drew and Mark. Is this even a sports show? Not sure. Big time UM fans. I know Mark is a UM grad. But it cracks me up how Drew buys in, too. Like UM is still worthy of some kind of serious attention. It's basically the UM + current Detroit events show.

8. Karsch and Anderson. Hate this show. These guys are the worst. Gator kisses Doug's ass and hangs on his every word. All they ever want to talk about is the Lions. Doug shits on every caller and is rude. Cuts them off. Never says 'thanks for the call' or anything of the sort. Usually ridicules them. Seems shitty when your station's foundation is "CALLER DRIVEN RADIO". These guys pop boners every time a national writer opines on something that involves the Lions. "Jeffrey Dahmer of CNNSI West has an opinion on who the Lions will take in the 2016 draft....we'll talk about it for THREE segments....coming up next!". Fuck you and die.

That's all I've got.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em Empty Re: Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em

Post by The Pantry 2014-09-27, 00:51

Dave & Chuck the Freak

Lock it.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em Empty Re: Favorite Detroit Radio shows - list 'em

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-09-27, 03:36

The Locker Room with Eli Zaret, Gibby and Gary Danielson. Quit listening to sports radio after the show ended when Gibby took the bench coach job under Tram (and my commute went from 40 minutes to 15 minutes).

I really did enjoy that show, much more than Stoney & Wojo at the time, which I thought had gone stale.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-09-28, 19:25

WJR during MSU football season. Someday basketball season when Tieman and Ganakas retire. That's all.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-09-29, 10:45

Dave & Chuck the Freak
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-29, 10:58

You hate music? Do you hate colors too?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-29, 11:03

You hate music? Do you hate colors too?

It must be a generational thing. I think WBH and I are the same age or within a couple of years. I don't listen to much either.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-09-29, 11:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You hate music? Do you hate colors too?

No I don't hate people of color. This isn't the 1950's Travis.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down