Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Chrome users: What browser extensions do you find useful?

+8
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
Rocinante
LoneWolfSparty
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Touchdown
Rodeo Burger
12 posters

Go down

Google Chrome users:  What browser extensions do you find useful? Empty Google Chrome users: What browser extensions do you find useful?

Post by Rodeo Burger Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm making a point of being more productive. Or at least as productive as someone who frequents a message board can be.

Any suggestions? TIA
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome users:  What browser extensions do you find useful? Empty Re: Google Chrome users: What browser extensions do you find useful?

Post by Touchdown Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:43 pm

I use...

AdBlocck
Google Cast (Chromcast)
myPlex (for Plex)
SabConnect
SickBeard Connect
Touchdown
Touchdown
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome users:  What browser extensions do you find useful? Empty Re: Google Chrome users: What browser extensions do you find useful?

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Touchdown wrote:I use...

AdBlocck
Google Cast (Chromcast)
myPlex (for Plex)
SabConnect
SickBeard Connect

I use BobSakBlock and Blanch32 Translator.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

You sir, are a comedic genuis!! LOL
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:07 pm

I use a compound in bow season, and a 12 gauge in gun season.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Ghostery is a good one. So is adblock
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 am

Google isn’t the company that we should have handed the Web over to

A person claiming to be a former Edge developer has today described one such action. For no obvious reason, Google changed YouTube to add a hidden, empty HTML element that overlaid each video. This element disabled Edge's fastest, most efficient hardware accelerated video decoding. It hurt Edge's battery-life performance and took it below Chrome's. The change didn't improve Chrome's performance and didn't appear to serve any real purpose; it just hurt Edge, allowing Google to claim that Chrome's battery life was actually superior to Edge's. Microsoft asked Google if the company could remove the element, to no avail.

The latest version of Edge addresses the YouTube issue and reinstated Edge's performance. But when the company talks of having to do extra work to ensure EdgeHTML is compatible with the Web, this is the kind of thing that Microsoft has been forced to do.

As another example, YouTube uses a feature called HTML imports to load scripts. HTML imports haven't been widely adopted, either by developers or browsers alike, and ECMAScript modules are expected to serve the same role. But they're available in Chrome and used by YouTube. For Firefox and Edge, YouTube sends a JavaScript implementation of HTML imports which carries significant performance overheads. The result? YouTube pages that load in a second in Chrome take many seconds to load in other browsers.

These actions may not be deliberate on the part of Google—it's possible that the company simply doesn't care about other browsers, rather than actively trying to hinder them. But even an attitude of "Google first, who cares about the rest?" is not the kind of thing that we should want from a company trusted with so much control over the Web.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 am

And yet companies will always do things that benefit customers Google Chrome users:  What browser extensions do you find useful? 502811600

Nobody liked Edge. Nobody would have used Edge regardless. For Google to pull that shit is not a good look.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Adblock Plus

imgur Uploader: Right-click uploading of images and screenshots anonymously or to your imgur account.

Backspace to go Back: Restores browser behavior of navigating to previous page when pressing the Backspace key.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm

AdBlock but Google is such a memory hog I only use it to interface with state and municipal agencies where their websites work best with Chrome.

I am back to FireFox. A more lean browser
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You sir, are a comedic genuis!! LOL

It would seem time and Turtleneck himself have repeatedly proven Kingston’s observation to be untrue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Yous guys might want to give Firefox a shot soon.

[tw]1087839776844271617[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:58 pm

I've grown fond of the i85b trans-interceptor as it relates to patching the 3eGizzyWhatsIt to the 78iM66 PhtotonicGFlap. I've found that it provides seamless transmission of data and really minimizes the amount I have to use my quadraphonic iE34rt e-router.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:29 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've grown fond of the i85b trans-interceptor as it relates to patching the 3eGizzyWhatsIt to the 78iM66 PhtotonicGFlap. I've found that it provides seamless transmission of data and really minimizes the amount I have to use my quadraphonic iE34rt e-router.

If you play Quadrophenia backwards on an mp3 loop it will automatically debug your router.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:32 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've grown fond of the i85b trans-interceptor as it relates to patching the 3eGizzyWhatsIt to the 78iM66 PhtotonicGFlap. I've found that it provides seamless transmission of data and really minimizes the amount I have to use my quadraphonic iE34rt e-router.

If you play Quadrophenia backwards on an mp3 loop it will automatically debug your router.
I love it when you talk dirty.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down