Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but...

+17
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Cym Jim
Brock Middlebrook
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
Stoops21
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Heat Miser
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but...

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-20, 13:51

I will be enjoying the game from the comforts of my lazy boy with pizza, beer, and a bathroom all at my fingertips....Wink
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but...

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-11-20, 13:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Prepare your anii for the media/coach/AD/player/former player firestorm that is sure to come. I am getting the sense seeing the Oak County emails flying around, checking stubhub, talking to friends, etc that we'll be lucky to have 60k in SS on Saturday.

Which is pathetic
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-20, 13:55

Brock Middlebrook wrote:

Which is pathetic

Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 3742235224
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-20, 14:01

The_Dude wrote:I will be enjoying the game from the comforts of my lazy boy with pizza, beer, and a bathroom all at my fingertips....Wink
that one former player is not going to be happy with you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-11-20, 14:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. very few college football stadiums are "filled to the brim" start to finish..

a) we're playing Rutgers
b) temps will be around freezing (if we're lucky)
c) 4 minute challenges to the "ruling on the field"

vs.

a) a flat screen HD television
b) fully stocked fridge
c) short walk to the bathroom
d) a remote control to combat the 4 minute challenges to the "ruling on the field" reviews
e) thermostat set on a toasty 72 degrees

I think the one former player who was morally outraged a week or so ago better get his Twitter fingers limbered up.

The ball being in play for only 11 minutes a game is biggest downside to me. That's a lot of effort to see 11 minutes of action. Plus there are usually about two games in any year that are at all close. Football's great on TV, but not a lot of return as a spectator sport.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-20, 14:08

Cym Jim wrote:

The ball being in play for only 11 minutes a game is biggest downside to me. That's a lot of effort to see 11 minutes of action. Plus there are usually about two games in any year that are at all close. Football's great on TV, but not a lot of return as a spectator sport.

Hockey is actually a great spectator sport because of the constant action.

But I agree...the length of games now for football is getting out of hand.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-20, 14:21

Cym Jim wrote:

and the senseless challenges.. official reviews, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-20, 14:23

The_Dude wrote:

Hockey is actually a great spectator sport because of the constant action.

But I agree...the length of games now for football is getting out of hand.
when the game starts to drag, I enjoy looking around at the most beautiful place on the planet that is so close to my heart..

that's how I enjoy spending 3 hours and 45 minutes of downtime.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-20, 14:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:when the game starts to drag, I enjoy looking around at the most beautiful place on the planet that is so close to my heart..

that's how I enjoy spending 3 hours and 45 minutes of downtime.

HopCat? Wink
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-20, 14:29

The_Dude wrote:

HopCat? Wink
Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 502811600

yeah, I simply can't say enough about the White River Rapids Raspberry Snow Cone Silver Bullet Blue Dog Porter..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-11-21, 14:54

I fail to see how blowing the snow around inside the stadium is going to help make it a better experience tomorrow

Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 B2_T3bCIUAExVXp
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-11-21, 14:57

also I just saw this posted - and wanted to update any fellow Swillsters going to EL tomorrow

Weather forces parking changes for football game day

Due to this week’s inclement weather, Munn Field and the other intramural fields will not be available for parking on game day for the MSU vs. Rutgers game.

Alternate public parking will be available at the former Michigan State Police Headquarters site, adjacent to Harrison Road directly west of the Breslin Arena.

Student parking Lot 83, which is on Service Road just east of Harrison Road, also will have space available for the public.

The student commuter lot at Farm Lane and Mt. Hope Road has ample capacity. Parking is free. A round trip shuttle ticket can be purchased for $5.

Parking lots will open at 7:00 a.m. We ask that you be patient with the police officers and parking staff, especially as you depart the game.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-11-22, 11:45

Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 20141122_113743_zpszugh5zij

Where is everyone
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-11-23, 12:38

Wally Fairway wrote:Mark Dantonio has built a great program at Michigan State, but... - Page 3 20141122_113743_zpszugh5zij

Where is everyone
I was behind you a little bit because I had the same view.

Meh...
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-11-23, 13:08

I live in Madison. Make it back to 1-2 games a year.

Went to the Neb game this year. Left early cause the GF was miserable. Felt a little bad, but oh well. That game took forever. Maybe it is just bias on my part, but it seems like college games are taking way longer than I remembered from the past. The dude in the red hat was on the field so many damn times for commercials.

As most people have pointed out this is basically a football problem at this point. The experience at home is simply better than the experience of going to games.

tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-23, 13:34

And yet somehow tSCummers outdrew us yesterday despite being 5-5 and playing a crappy team as well.

Glad we've got the "it's a football problem" excuse now though. Rolling Eyes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-23, 13:44

Heat Miser wrote:And yet somehow tSCummers outdrew us yesterday despite being 5-5 and playing a crappy team as well.

Glad we've got the "it's a football problem" excuse now though. Rolling Eyes

Did they outdraw us? Or are we going by announced attendance? Heard from my scUMmer friends that it was pretty damn sparse in there.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-23, 13:52

Don't know about this article at all. Seems to be trying to make a general college football thing somehow an MSU thing. Don't know what this culture change he's referring too. MSU's never been known as a school with an attendance problem. I forget the figure but we had that consecutive sellout streak going and it was during the Johnelle days. Article makes it seem like we've been like Indiana or something. Just looking at the attendance figures for last year and we were 20th nationally and to get higher than 18th would've required our attendance to be higher than SS holds.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-11-23, 14:04

tig ol bitties wrote:I live in Madison. Make it back to 1-2 games a year.

Went to the Neb game this year. Left early cause the GF was miserable. Felt a little bad, but oh well. That game took forever. Maybe it is just bias on my part, but it seems like college games are taking way longer than I remembered from the past. The dude in the red hat was on the field so many damn times for commercials.

As most people have pointed out this is basically a football problem at this point. The experience at home is simply better than the experience of going to games.

Primetime games have more commercials than 3:30 games, which has more commercials than noon games. The game yesterday barely took over 3 hours, a good 30 minutes shorter than the OSU game (the Nebraska game was longer than the OSU game because there were a ton of incompletions by both sides, especially in the 4th).

Its nothing new this year. Its just that we hadn't played a noon game since Wyoming or EMU. Higher profile time slots means more commercials and longer games.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-11-23, 14:22

I was impressed by the crowd yesterday. Had a great time pregaming downtown EL and strolling through campus on way to game. Never get to do this cause we always tailgate. I could be sold on the bar tailgate more often.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3