Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised

+24
Cameron
xsanguine
GirbaudJeans
Code_Warrior
Watch Out Pylon!
Izzo Court
Snake Plissken
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Green Note
tig ol bitties
beal99
Rocinante
Turtleneck
75alum
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
The_Dude
AvgMSUJoe
Cym Jim
Nommad2
tTito
Other Teams Pursuing That
LoneWolfSparty
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised - Page 3 Empty Re: Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 12:25

Code Warrior, out of curiosity, what lies are people that defend officer Wilson spreading?

We know the hands up and shot in the back were pure lies.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised - Page 3 Empty Re: Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-02, 12:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
His arm still looks jacked up. Haha, never mind on that.
This is the article where the picture originally came from. I'll just assume they didn't alter it for their article.
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/10/ferguson_protesters_react_to_leaked_darren_wilson_testimony_michael_brown_autopsy.php
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 12:38

Here are some of the 'eye witnesses' Razz

Other eyewitness accounts also were clearly wrong.

One woman, who said she was smoking a cigarette with a friend nearby, claimed she saw a second police officer in the passenger seat of Wilson's vehicle. When quizzed by a prosecutor, she elaborated: The officer was white, "middle age or young" and in uniform. She said she was positive there was a second officer — even though there was not.

Another woman testified that she saw Brown leaning through the officer's window "from his navel up," with his hand moving up and down, as if he were punching the officer. But when the same witness returned to testify again on another day, she said she suffers from mental disorder, has racist views and that she has trouble distinguishing the truth from things she had read online.

Prosecutors suggested the woman had fabricated the entire incident and was not even at the scene the day of the shooting.

Another witness had told the FBI that Wilson shot Brown in the back and then "stood over him and finished him off." But in his grand jury testimony, this witness acknowledged that he had not seen that part of the shooting, and that what he told the FBI was "based on me being where I'm from, and that can be the only assumption that I have."

The witness, who lives in the predominantly black neighborhood where Brown was killed, also acknowledged that he changed his story to fit details of the autopsy that he had learned about on TV.

"So it was after you learned that the things you said you saw couldn't have happened that way, then you changed your story about what you seen?" a prosecutor asserted.

"Yeah, to coincide with what really happened," the witness replied.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/078c82ad45ff4ec6aa1c7744dfa7df14/grand-jury-documents-rife-inconsistencies

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 12:43

The_Dude wrote:Code Warrior, out of curiosity, what lies are people that defend officer Wilson spreading?

He was pretty clearly talking about the people that photoshopped a sign to make it look worse than it was.

Not sure how you didn't get that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 12:43

Cym Jim wrote:
Have you ever thought how black people look a bit like monkeys?

Americans still linking blacks to apes

Glad to see you racist liberals are trying your hardest to keep racism alive and well. I get it--tell the blacks all whites are racists (except you) to avoid talking about how for the last 50 years under Democratic leadership black communities have rotted away with unheard levels of violence and children out of wedlock.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 12:45

He was pretty clearly talking about the people that photoshopped a sign to make it look worse than it was.

Not sure how you didn't get that.

People on either side who try to fabricate bs for their own personal gain are scum but that's the world we live in.  Hell, Mike Browns mother assaulted Mike's grandma because she was selling shirts and mama Brown wasn't getting any of the cheddar.  Mike Browns mom is facing felony assault and robbery.  I guess the apple doesn't fall far form the ole tree, eh?

Last edited by The_Dude on 2014-12-02, 12:48; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-02, 12:48

The_Dude wrote:

My bad Im not gonna read every sentence in this thread.

People on either side who try to fabricate bs for their own personal gain are scum but that's the world we live in. Hell, Mike Browns mother assaulted Mike's grandma because she was selling shirts and mama Brown wasn't getting any of the cheddar. Mike Browns mom is facing felony assault and robbery. I guess the apple doesn't fall far form the ole tree, eh?

You're a caricature.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 12:49

The_Dude wrote:

My bad Im not gonna read every sentence in this thread.

People on either side who try to fabricate bs for their own personal gain are scum but that's the world we live in.  Hell, Mike Browns mother assaulted Mike's grandma because she was selling shirts and mama Brown wasn't getting any of the cheddar.  Mike Browns mom is facing felony assault and robbery.  I guess the apple doesn't fall far form the ole tree, eh?
You mean you couldn't read the very next sentence after he said "lies" where he said, "here is the real picture." That's what tipped me off to what he was talking about. Crafty.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 12:51

Rocinante wrote:

You're a caricature.

Mike Browns mother is facing felony assault and robbery charges. It gives us insight into Mike Brown...Mike Brown was a scumbag and so is his mom. I wish I could tell you how shocked I am that his parents were deadbeat losers too.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michael-brown-mom-face-felony-armed-robbery-charges-article-1.2001373
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 12:52

You mean you couldn't read the very next sentence after he said "lies" where he said, "here is the real picture." That's what tipped me off to what he was talking about. Crafty.

Yeah, people are scumbags. Don't let a tragedy go to waste, right?

Remember how many people profited form 9/11 and still are?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-02, 13:11

The_Dude wrote:Code Warrior, out of curiosity, what lies are people that defend officer Wilson spreading?

The photoshopped sign, for one, and then there was this crap:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43806_Right_Wing_Radio_Host_Larry_Elder_Posts_Fake_Photo_of_Injured_Darren_Wilson
Which made the rounds.

I can't stand this kind of shit.  Friends of mine are always sending me those damn chain e-mails with easily debunked crap and they get pissed off when I reply and debunk their shit.  One moron tries to make a joke and then some tool with an agenda tries to pass it off as real.  Morons looking to gobble up anything that matches their worldview pass it along without doing the least little bit of research to corroborate it. It just bugs me.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 13:14

Code_Warrior wrote:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43806_Right_Wing_Radio_Host_Larry_Elder_Posts_Fake_Photo_of_Injured_Darren_Wilson
Which made the rounds.

I can't stand this kind of shit.  Friends of mine are always sending me those damn chain e-mails with easily debunked crap and they get pissed off when I reply and debunk their shit.  One moron tries to make a joke and then some tool with an agenda tries to pass it off as real.  Morons looking to gobble up anything that matches their worldview pass it along without doing the least little bit of research to corroborate it. It just bugs me.

Its astounding the level of ignorance people have nowadays. We are at the height of the information age.

And chain emails...lol. Anyone who believes those are a moron too. Maybe they fell for the ole a Nigerian Prince has an inheritance for you trick...or maybe some people are so far gone, they are willing to believe anything that furthers their point or agenda without any regard for the truth.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 13:18

Code_Warrior wrote:
Which made the rounds.

I can't stand this kind of shit.  Friends of mine are always sending me those damn chain e-mails with easily debunked crap and they get pissed off when I reply and debunk their shit.  One moron tries to make a joke and then some tool with an agenda tries to pass it off as real.  Morons looking to gobble up anything that matches their worldview pass it along without doing the least little bit of research to corroborate it.  It just bugs me.
There was also that super scary looking picture of Michael Brown that wasn't really Michael Brown but actually a guy from Oregon. Whoever started that knew damn well that it wasn't actually him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-02, 13:28

There was also that super scary looking picture of Michael Brown that wasn't really Michael Brown but actually a guy from Oregon. Whoever started that knew damn well that it wasn't actually him.
Yeah, that too, I forgot about that one, and that originated with a Kansas City cop:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kansas-city-review-posting-fake-michael-brown-pic-facebook-report-article-1.1909021
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-02, 13:36

The_Dude wrote:

Its astounding the level of ignorance people have nowadays. We are at the height of the information age.

And chain emails...lol. Anyone who believes those are a moron too. Maybe they fell for the ole a Nigerian Prince has an inheritance for you trick...or maybe some people are so far gone, they are willing to believe anything that furthers their point or agenda without any regard for the truth.

Holy shit you can't be a real person. You're like a computer programmed to say the dumbest, most stereotypical thing that John Stewart would joke a right winger would say. YOU posted the picture of "Mike Brown" with the money in his mouth. You know, the one that was later shown to NOT be him? You are the ignorant people you rail against!

It's really astounding you can be so consistent.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-02, 14:20

Rocinante wrote:

Holy shit you can't be a real person. You're like a computer programmed to say the dumbest, most stereotypical thing that John Stewart would joke a right winger would say. YOU posted the picture of "Mike Brown" with the money in his mouth. You know, the one that was later shown to NOT be him? You are the ignorant people you rail against!

It's really astounding you can be so consistent.

Online is not real life bud. Don't blur the two. We already have enough video game idiots in society. Don't need more people that can't differentiate.

Yep, that pic was fake and it was stupid of me to not vet it out first.

See, is it that hard liberals? Admitting you were wrong and made a mistake? I just did it. Now your turn to admit you fell for the whole hands up dont shoot schtick.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-02, 14:51

Also, don't forget, according to the mainstream media, George Zimmerman was a white Hispanic......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-02, 15:22

The_Dude wrote:

Online is not real life bud. Don't blur the two. We already have enough video game idiots in society. Don't need more people that can't differentiate.

Yep, that pic was fake and it was stupid of me to not vet it out first.

See, is it that hard liberals? Admitting you were wrong and made a mistake? I just did it. Now your turn to admit you fell for the whole hands up dont shoot schtick.

I didn't fall for anything. Look over all of my proclamations from the beginning of this fiasco: I have always said that if Mike Brown robbed a shop prior to the stop, if he reached for Wilson's gun, EVEN if he was "charging" Wilson after already having been shot, shooting him 6 times including twice in the head was excessive. Cops treating black people more harshly is rampant in this country. If you deny that, you have to be willfully ignorant.

From the beginning, I have looked at this situation as another symptom in the nationwide sickness of cop on black violence. Nobody is blameless, but one man can tell the tale. The man that was armed. The man that was sworn to serve and protect. The other is now a victim of other people's stories.

I don't give a shit what his mom or grandma did. I don't give a shit what the rioters are doing. It has exactly zero bearing on what happened to Mike Brown at the hands of Darren Wilson.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-02, 15:41

Rocinante wrote:It has exactly zero bearing on what happened to Mike Brown at the hands of Darren Wilson.

The facts say Mr. Wilson defended himself. You don't think he should have. The law is on Mr. Wilson's side as a citizen or a police officer. If you don't like the law, work to change it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-02, 15:48

LooseGoose wrote:

The facts say Mr. Wilson defended himself. You don't think he should have. The law is on Mr. Wilson's side as a citizen or a police officer. If you don't like the law, work to change it.

Racist.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-02, 15:54

LooseGoose wrote:

The facts say Mr. Wilson defended himself.   You don't think he should have.  The law is on Mr. Wilson's side as a citizen or a police officer.  If you don't like the law, work to change it.

Thanks I will.  Cops go for their guns too much.  It never used to be that way.  It needs to change.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 15:54

LooseGoose wrote:

The law is on Mr. Wilson's side as a citizen or a police officer.  
Bull fucking shit.

See, that's where my issue is in all of this. It has nothing to do with race for me, it's all about police who think themselves above the law. You really think a normal citizen in this case isn't even going to go to trial where the prosecutor might actually try to convict him? I can point to thousands of those examples. Cops, nah we won't do that. And we're not going to try to either. 

Also, as I've said about a million times, I think this particular case wasn't the best one for the country to focus on. The result really might be that Wilson was justified. There are many worse examples that I wish would get a lot more attention.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-12-02, 16:21

Bull fucking shit.

See, that's where my issue is in all of this. It has nothing to do with race for me, it's all about police who think themselves above the law. You really think a normal citizen in this case isn't even going to go to trial where the prosecutor might actually try to convict him? I can point to thousands of those examples. Cops, nah we won't do that. And we're not going to try to either. 

Also, as I've said about a million times, I think this particular case wasn't the best one for the country to focus on. The result really might be that Wilson was justified. There are many worse examples that I wish would get a lot more attention.

Brown tried to take Wilsons gun. If he succeeded Wilson might be dead right now. Brown charged back at Wilson, what was he supposed to do ? If Brown gets his gun this time he might die.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 16:27

GirbaudJeans wrote:

Brown tried to take Wilsons gun.  If he succeeded Wilson might be dead right now.  Brown charged back at Wilson, what was he supposed to do ?  If Brown gets his gun this time he might die.  
Yeah, that's fine. Whatever, not my point.

If it were a citizen there is a trial. The prosecutor would try to prosecute. The cops would record testimony of the guy who shot someone. They would totally vet the situation to make sure it was justified. Since it was a cop who did it,  none of those things happened and they typically don't. Unfortunately these things happen a lot.That's my beef with the situation.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-02, 16:39

Bull fucking shit.

Ah yes, here goes Travis with his keen insight and rational intellect. Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised - Page 3 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 16:48

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Ah yes, here goes Travis with his keen insight and rational intellect. Walked into the office this morning with my hands raised - Page 3 502811600
Tell me where I'm wrong or stay out of it. Grown ups are talking kiddo.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-02, 17:05

Tell me where I'm wrong or stay out of it. Grown ups are talking kiddo.

Pretty much all of it. But then for you that's par for the course.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-02, 17:10

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Pretty much all of it. But then for you that's par for the course.
Yeah? Why am I wrong kiddo? Please, induldge me as to how a citizen would have been treated with the exact same treatment as a cop? Please do. I'm dying to hear it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-02, 17:16

Is LWS this dumb?
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Nice response. You got him there.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-02, 21:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You really think a normal citizen in this case isn't even going to go to trial where the prosecutor might actually try to convict him?

I'll play your grown ups game. A normal citizen can get a jury of his/her peers. Tell us how a police officer in a normal circumstance, let alone this type of situation, gets a jury of their peers. You ever wonder if that's why they don't just jump to a trial like they would for a normal citizen?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-02, 21:45

Snake Plissken wrote:

I'll play your grown ups game. A normal citizen can get a jury of his/her peers. Tell us how a police officer in a normal circumstance, let alone this type of situation, gets a jury of their peers. You ever wonder if that's why they don't just jump to a trial like they would for a normal citizen?

Oh God. Maybe when Serpico came out there was anti cop sentiment in the US but cops are constantly lauded as heroes these days. It would be hard to get a jury of his peers because everybody thinks cops are otherworldly or something, not because they'd be anxious to convict.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-02, 22:36

Rocinante wrote:

Oh God. Maybe when Serpico came out there was anti cop sentiment in the US but cops are constantly lauded as heroes these days. It would be hard to get a jury of his peers because everybody thinks cops are otherworldly or something, not because they'd be anxious to convict.

You are so dumb it is scary.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-12-03, 08:30

It's interesting that the number of police officers shot peaked from the mid 60's to the mid 80's then began to decline while the number of civilians shot began to increase about the same time police officers being shot began to decline. Might be coincidence or not. Also, licensed gun ownership peeked mid 60's to late 70's then declined yet the number of guns in the country steadily increased through the present assuminging more unlicensed guns on the street. Crime has increased but I would think that follows population to some extent. Add the o the equation more drug use and deteriorated trust; police and citizen, we have and will have this kind of incident.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-03, 08:39

Rocinante wrote:

I prefer how cops were portrayed in The Panic At Needle Park... if we're talking Pacino movies, that is...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-03, 09:17

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You bring such deep takes to every subject.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-03, 09:18

75alum wrote:It's interesting that the number of police officers shot peaked from the mid 60's to the mid 80's then began to decline while the number of civilians shot began to increase about the same time police officers being shot began to decline. Might be coincidence or not. Also, licensed gun ownership peeked mid 60's to late 70's then declined yet the number of guns in the country steadily increased through the present assuminging more unlicensed guns on the street. Crime has increased but I would think that follows population to some extent. Add the o the equation more drug use and deteriorated trust; police and citizen, we have and will have this kind of incident.

Actually that makes no sense at all unless you add in the police's shoot first mentality.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-12-03, 10:25

Rocinante wrote:

Actually that makes no sense at all unless you add in the police's shoot first mentality.
That's the summation.  It is possible that police do have a greater sense of shoot first when in a confrontational situation.  Training, human survival trait, more suspect of confronter / confronted having a weapon on person....who knows?  Just thought it interesting over a period of 50 years, the ratio of civies shooting cops has reversed 180 degrees.  Not my data, just an observation from data available.

Last edited by 75alum on 2014-12-03, 10:28; edited 1 time in total
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-03, 10:28

And still with the demonizing of drugs rather than the participants of the 'drug war'. The myth just will not die.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-12-03, 23:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Literally everything you post is borderline retarded.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-03, 23:26

Protests in NYC right now over the cop who killed the large brotha, Mr. Eric Garner, with a rear naked choke for "resisting" arrest.

His crime? Selling cigarettes as singles (which most ethnic bodegas do as long as you're not white or look like a cop)

You can check my resume; I've sided with the police (*or Zimmerman) in almost every high profile death at the hands of an officer*. This one is very much different and I'm of the opinion the cop who killed Mr. Garner handled this horribly.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next