Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

+27
TrueGreenSpartan
Clarett's Folly
Larry Kazamias
I Still Hate Weber State
Ass Dan
Gob Bluth
duffy munn
tanfan!
DWags
A. Allen
Floyd Robertson
AMwood
Gomer
d_mcc
Cameron
Youngblood 96
Heat Miser
WBill
Danny Tanner
BtothejizA
J T
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Stoops21
pulling69
That's Good D!
JEK
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

Post by Larry Kazamias Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:01 am

Not much respect for the B1G D Linemen of the Year. Quite a few references to him being "ok"
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:06 am

This is officially my favorite post in the thread;

"Sparty is flat out getting lucky with some of their recruits. Bell, Waynes, Dennard were all 2 stars and will all be 1st 2 round NFL picks. That's just a lot of luck. Cooper looks good, he was supposed to be a high 4 star recruit, but blew his knee out, Sparty took a chance in sticking with him and it panned out. Just an incredible amount of luck.

There's more going on there though, looking at their players physically it's pretty obvious. They have some young guys too, but you're telling me not a player on their team has an ounce of baby fat? The only way to get so many 2 and 3 star guys to that level is to give them a little extra something IMO. You'll have a few players overachieve, but to have almost an entire roster over achieving, the odds of that are extremely remote IMO. Statistically it does not seem possible without help."

So, in the state of Michigan, you have two BCS level programs. One team has a roster jam packed with 4 and 5 star stud recruits which has consistently failed to live up to expectations over the past 5 seasons (save the occasional blip on the radar in terms of an 11-1 record). The other team has scraped together the best recruits it could find and has consistently won during that same time frame raising the bar each year. The conclusion that is reached is not that recruiting rankings are way too subjective and inherently flawed and, therefore, the argument's opening premise is invalid but, rather, that one team is on steroids. Solid logic there.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:20 am

Clarett's Folly wrote:This is officially my favorite post in the thread;

"Sparty is flat out getting lucky with some of their recruits. Bell, Waynes, Dennard were all 2 stars and will all be 1st 2 round NFL picks. That's just a lot of luck. Cooper looks good, he was supposed to be a high 4 star recruit, but blew his knee out, Sparty took a chance in sticking with him and it panned out. Just an incredible amount of luck.

There's more going on there though, looking at their players physically it's pretty obvious. They have some young guys too, but you're telling me not a player on their team has an ounce of baby fat? The only way to get so many 2 and 3 star guys to that level is to give them a little extra something IMO. You'll have a few players overachieve, but to have almost an entire roster over achieving, the odds of that are extremely remote IMO. Statistically it does not seem possible without help."

So, in the state of Michigan, you have two BCS level programs. One team has a roster jam packed with 4 and 5 star stud recruits which has consistently failed to live up to expectations over the past 5 seasons (save the occasional blip on the radar in terms of an 11-1 record). The other team has scraped together the best recruits it could find and has consistently won during that same time frame raising the bar each year. The conclusion that is reached is not that recruiting rankings are way too subjective and inherently flawed and, therefore, the argument's opening premise is invalid but, rather, that one team is on steroids. Solid logic there.

Disbelief officially suspended
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 am

"Sparty is flat out getting lucky with some of their recruits.  Bell, Waynes, Dennard were all 2 stars and will all be 1st 2 round NFL picks.  That's just a lot of luck.  Cooper looks good, he was supposed to be a high 4 star recruit, but blew his knee out, Sparty took a chance in sticking with him and it panned out.  Just an incredible amount of luck.

There's more going on there though, looking at their players physically it's pretty obvious.  They have some young guys too, but you're telling me not a player on their team has an ounce of baby fat?  The only way to get so many 2 and 3 star guys to that level is to give them a little extra something IMO.  You'll have a few players overachieve, but to have almost an entire roster over achieving, the odds of that are extremely remote IMO.  Statistically it does not seem possible without help."

They cannot wrap their heads around the concept of winning via good coaching and player development. They believe winning is a result of having shiny things.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 am

This is a little thing, but I like the guy who propped our DE tandem of Calhoun and McDowell. Now granted, I'm sure McDowell will be a force in time, but this just goes to show how a UM fan's mind operates. He sees a guy with 5-stars next to his name and assumes he's going to be a dominant force from day 1, despite the fact we already have a proven senior at Rush coming back opposite Calhoun who's one of the best defensive players on the team.

Crooootin > on field production
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm

There's more going on there though, looking at their players physically it's pretty obvious.  They have some young guys too, but you're telling me not a player on their team has an ounce of baby fat?  The only way to get so many 2 and 3 star guys to that level is to give them a little extra something IMO.  You'll have a few players overachieve, but to have almost an entire roster over achieving, the odds of that are extremely remote IMO.  Statistically it does not seem possible without help."

Nothing new here, they never lose anything fair and square. Anyone that beats them is always cheating, its the refs, the timekeeper, the groundskeeper, Tressel......the list is endless.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:54 pm

J T wrote:

I'd like to know what they have to say about this.

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 Mfans-8113_zpsd50266d1

By the way, is that guy taking a piss in front of those UM women?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:00 pm

JEK wrote:

They cannot wrap their heads around the concept of winning via good coaching and player development. They believe winning is a result of having shiny things.

For such a long time, UM largely faced good coaching and programs with great player development when they played OSU or in OOC games (especially bowl games). The results of those games were far more balanced than the mythical history of dominance that UM spins. The introduction of good coaching and player development at MSU - over the long-term - is new, and UM's failure to deal with it is a reflection of the real history of UM football.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

As I was walking in for the spring game, their was a SCum fan wearing an Letter style Wolverine jacket.  I was dumbfounds.  Why in God's name would you go to MSU's spring game if you are such a blowhard SCum fan? scratch
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:As I was walking in for the spring game, their was a SCum fan wearing an Letter style Wolverine jacket.  I was dumbfounds.  Why in God's name would you go to MSU's spring game if you are such a blowhard SCum fan? scratch

Can't blame the guy. He wants to see what a winning team looks like.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:24 pm

"There's more going on there though, looking at their players physically it's pretty obvious.

What is Ken Mannie? I'll take Bad MFers for $800, Alex
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:45 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:As I was walking in for the spring game, their was a SCum fan wearing an Letter style Wolverine jacket.  I was dumbfounds.  Why in God's name would you go to MSU's spring game if you are such a blowhard SCum fan? scratch

Hoke sent him to buy out the Melting Moments concession stand.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Larry Kazamias wrote:

What is Ken Mannie?  I'll take  Bad MFers for $800, Alex

They're mad because they were certain chocolate milk was the missing ingredient to a Rose Bowl victory.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Larry Kazamias wrote:

What is Ken Mannie?  I'll take  Bad MFers for $800, Alex

I"ve told this story before on the old board, but We had a friend who had cancer and we wanted to get a ball signed for him. He was a huge MSU football fan. Well, I had an ex-player who was on the MSU team at the time, so I got him one of those autograph balls to take into the weight room to have it signed by some players. Anyway, the kid gives it to Mannie and tells him the story, so Manie stops, gets up and yells "Ok, everybody get over here and sign this ball, some fucker is dying".  Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 502811600 

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:01 pm

DWags wrote:

I"ve told this story before on the old board, but We had a friend who had cancer and we wanted to get a ball signed for him.   He was a huge MSU football fan.  Well, I had an ex-player who was on the MSU team at the time, so I got him one of those autograph balls to take into the weight room to have it signed by some players.  Anyway, the kid gives it to Mannie and tells him the story, so Manie stops, gets up and yells "Ok, everybody get over here and sign this ball, some fucker is dying".   Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 502811600 

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 1494614055 Guy sounds like a total badass. Perfect.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:12 pm

You might have seen xxmgobluexx. His wife is an MSU grad, and he hates everything Green and White. He takes some kids to go to the youth portion, wouldn't surprise me if he wore um colors to the spring game.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:58 pm

InTenSityX wrote:
You might have seen xxmgobluexx. His wife is an MSU grad, and he hates everything Green and White. He takes some kids to go to the youth portion, wouldn't surprise me if he wore um colors to the spring game.

Did he go to Michigan? I kinda hate that guy from my blue board days.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Ass Dan wrote:

Somewhere, karsch's wife's legs just quivered thinking about Miller and a bang wagon

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 1486952199 
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:23 pm

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/football-2014-win-msu-or-osu

More great reading
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/football-2014-win-msu-or-osu

More great reading

Funny they like to posture themselves as pseudo intellectuals, but can't seem to figure out that calling the buckeyes "Ohio" makes them sound like high school dropouts.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeno Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:35 pm

BlueNation wrote:Play MOAR manball and win them all. Run DG on more bootlegs with a run and pass option and teach the offensive line three or four power running plays, toss a fullback in there and get to work. Don't over think football. Being able to gain the old three yards and a cloud of dust will open the PA pass. It will also allow us to control the clock. The other team can't score if they don't have the football.

Yes.  Please continue to try and run against us.  It has worked so well lately.
Zeno
Zeno
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/football-2014-win-msu-or-osu

More great reading

I laugh at their logic that beating tOSU will piss off Spartan fans if u of m can only win one of those two games.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm

More great reading

Didn't realize our good friend MaizeAndBlueWahoo was an MGoBlow poster. Now it makes more sense that he got such a boner for keeping the UVA 247 board closed.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Working on a little future Monday Funday for the MGoBlowJobbers. Except it'll be on a Saturday...before a football game.  Twisted Evil 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by J T Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

By the way, is that guy taking a piss in front of those UM women?

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game - Page 2 502811600   That's kind of how it looked to me too.
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I laugh at their logic that beating tOSU will piss off Spartan fans if u of m can only win one of those two games.

They can knock off OSU for all I care. Bucks will be our biggest competition now that we're in the same division. They would only be doing us a favor.

And why do they insist on this Team 134, Team 135, etc. crap? All those stupid gimmicks Hoke brought with him are gonna die the moment he gets canned, which in all likelihood will be after this season. 30 years from now, nobody is going to harken back fondly on "Team 135." Or are they just trying to prove to the world that Walverines can, in fact, count?

JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by He Got It! Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:33 am

I think its absolutely cute that they continually rank their rivals. It's like a 7 year old labeling friends 'best friend'.
He Got It!
He Got It!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:57 am

I love you 
He Got It! wrote:I think its absolutely cute that they continually rank their rivals. It's like a 7 year old labeling friends 'best friend'.

Yeah. It's like that, or it's like someone labeling strangers on the internet as friends because they've read your inane postings. Either way, you'd have to be a sad motherfucker to take any satisfaction from the situation...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2